Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @simscognito @MadameLee @Bugsie2016 I show up and you all are talking about candy.... this is not conductive to my diet :lol::tongue:

Also simscognito if you ever get the chance I highly recommend three muskateers bars. They are delicious :)

Sorry! :o
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Bugsie2016
    Back when I was in Gr.6 my teacher gave out candy to the class. I wonder if he would still be allowed today (if he's still teaching) since teachers aren't even allowed to touch children these days.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    @simscognito , @Bugsie2016 thank you for the recommendations! I'll be sure to check them out! :)
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @Bugsie2016 Aww I want your teacher! Well, if I was still in school, I'd want your teacher! Maybe he/she can come lecture for us. I need more
    chocolate in my diet!
    I put it in a spoiler so @AuroraLockwood won't get tempted! :D
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Bugsie2016 Aww I want your teacher! Well, if I was still in school, I'd want your teacher! Maybe he/she can come lecture for us. I need more
    chocolate in my diet!

My co-worker bought me a tea sampler for Christmas, and three of the mixes have cocoa powder in them, so I get chocolate in my tea! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    chocolate in my diet!

My co-worker bought me a tea sampler for Christmas, and three of the mixes have cocoa powder in them, so I get chocolate in my tea! :)

i wonder how they knew you like tea :)
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    edited January 2018
    chocolate in my diet!

@simscognito No worries. I'm actually getting much better at sticking to it and avoiding the temptation. I've even lost weight :smiley:
  • Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    *waves an ominous hi
  • Options
    For_Eorzea wrote: »
    *waves an ominous hi

*ominous "hi" to you, Eorz! :D

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    Wahh I feel a sleepy rant incoming.
    I feel like I'm becoming increasingly bad at spoken conversations. I stutter, mumble and swallow consonants more often than ever, and my speech speeds up when I get nervous. Which in turn embarrasses me and further discourages me from chatting. I'm worried about it all the time now, which definitely isn't helping. It's honestly freaking me out. Anyone else have the same issues?
  • Options
    I feel like I'm becoming increasingly bad at spoken conversations. I stutter, mumble and swallow consonants more often than ever, and my speech speeds up when I get nervous. Which in turn embarrasses me and further discourages me from chatting. I'm worried about it all the time now, which definitely isn't helping. It's honestly freaking me out. Anyone else have the same issues?

Oh, always! And the more engaged I get, the more confusing my speech becomes! Fortunately, most people I talk with are really kind and they know that if I get flustered, I'll take a breath and then continue a bit more coherently, so that helps. I find that most people love the opportunity to be patient and to listen with kindness, so I don't mind giving them the chance to practice that when my speaking is less fluent than I'd like! :)

One technique I use is to stop, breathe, and then say something like, "OK. Take two," and I try again. Or I say, "Ooops! That was awkward! Let me try again!"

• Options
    poor lauren. shes in the third trimester but because i have things til monday she might stay that way.

i hate real life.

actually if mom hadn't stayed til 3 i might have got the labor pics. since lauren and noel like being naked i didn't open my game.
  • Options
    January 12th is @sweetnightingale 's birthday! Happy birthday, sweet! :)

sweet.png

• Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    January 12th is @sweetnightingale 's birthday! Happy birthday, sweet! :)

sweet.png

happy birthday sweet.
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    the David's dad (I forget his name I changed it via the simmer's request) was one of the sims @Rainydayz179 'donated' for my legacy (for Hannah to "Date")

If it was the alien it was Harley. The funny part is I don't even play any of them anymore so the names didn't matter in the end! :D
  • Options
    the David's dad (I forget his name I changed it via the simmer's request) was one of the sims @Rainydayz179 'donated' for my legacy (for Hannah to "Date")

If it was the alien it was Harley. The funny part is I don't even play any of them anymore so the names didn't matter in the end! :D

I haven't seen you here in ages! (Though I see you on your WordPress every day! :) ) Lounge-hugs! :)

• Options

@Rainydayz179 the sim messing with Hannah I is the dad-I forget his oringal name V7SQ5kI.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

@For_Eorzea It's nothing to be worried about. In fact, it happens to me too. :D Just like @CathyTea said, it happens particularly when I have a lot to say and am really engaged in a conversation. It's probably because when you're emotions are heightened, your ability to think clearly in sentences lessons.
    I know it can be frustrating, just remember, you're not losing the ability to speak - you're possibly thinking in more complex ways and feeling deeply about a lot of things. Either way hugs, lots of tea and deep breaths. :blush:

@sweetnightingale happy birthday! Here's to a wonderful day! :smiley:

@AuroraLockwood That's awesome news! :)
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Just for anyone interested and those following my No Shame story ( @CathyTea @simscognito ) the character bio page is finally set up. Brought to you by The Argen Database of the Rich and Famous (warning may contain minor spoilers)
  • Options
    Just for anyone interested and those following my No Shame story ( @CathyTea @simscognito ) the character bio page is finally set up. Brought to you by The Argen Database of the Rich and Famous (warning may contain minor spoilers)

Oh cool @AuroraLockwood ! I'll check this out! :)
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    *waves an ominous hi

*waves*

Can't say it better than Cathy. :)
    I had a similar issue when I began working at my current desk job. For months I noticed a dyslexic pattern in my hand writing, I made constant spelling errors, most of which ended up being really foolish things like "the" or dates or sometimes my own name! Part of it was because of nerves, and part was because I hadn't written as much by hand since school. Who knew you could forget how to write?

Hiiii @Rainydayz179 it's nice to see you! Hope all is well. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    if I'm making a character page-which characters do I make bios for?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    if I'm making a character page-which characters do I make bios for?

@MadameLee for a legacy, I would say the heirs and if it's important, their significant others.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    First I need to find that Indian sari I used for Clarissa-I can't have her bare-naked and I don't want to use the CL one..

Well I guess I can head over to Banna_45's thread.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    this is a tease for an upcoming chapter (I feel like I'm Matt procrastinating and making a character page) and he has done both *cough*hot potato Twlight review *cough* and a character page-I have an inkling that Matt's going to upload a video soon because of a tease on his tumblir

5HxuGT0.png
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top