Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I've never liked Easter but I'm really dreading it tomorrow. After my brother went to college, my parents went the cheap route with it because he can get us into his dining hall for free, and he has enough guest swipes to use on extended family and friends. And instead of mum spending time with her Catholic family that actually celebrates Easter, like we used to, she's roped in my dad's ex-Catholic/atheist/Jewish family into it instead.

It's terrible. His family looks vaguely uncomfortable during the whole thing, and they have twice as long of a drive there for a long, crowded Mass they (and I) don't care for and mediocre-to-good dining hall food. Why do we even do this?

And the kicker is that my brother was successfully able to get out of going to Easter Mass with us for vague reasons, and I...can't. Which is a recurring theme throughout our life.

I love my family but I dislike spending time with them this time of the year. My brother can't graduate soon enough. :-|

we used to go to my aunts but now that my cousins are older ther kids my first cousins take her out with their almost grown/ grown kids. but i hate holidays too. when i was kid i rember a lot of drama on moms side which is the side that we would do most holidays with but with gram gone we don't do as much gathering.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    So, for Start Fresh Saturday, we're launching a new website for the Pen Pal Project! https://simspenpalproject.wordpress.com/

I'm super excited about this because it gives new ways to follow the correspondences: by Simmer, by Sim pairing, and more!

It also feels really neat to have done the organization and to see how much writing has been done with this project since it started in January. Such neat stories, too--and some of them are already completely finished!

If you wish you were taking part in this, well, you can! We always have room for Sims and Simmers to join!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @CathyTea - Hey, very cool! Now, the project has its own blog. Fun stuff, and I adore participating. :)

Wishing everyone a happy Easter if you celebrate it. If not, I'll just wish you a beautiful, colorful, and creative day.

And with that, I'll drop off my latest chapter for "Another World." This one takes on a sad, even dark tone as Alina reveals some things to Robin while they are in the world of the spirits.

Robin%2BHolding%2BAlina%2BUnconscious%2B2.jpg
    Chapter 18, Into the Afterlife
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Can someone link me to the feedback thread? We lost it
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    'sup, people

well i'm working on the benders but you knew that. oh and i reccomend my autobiography on reccomendations day you probably didn't see that.

Oh how nice!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    'sup, people

well i'm working on the benders but you knew that. oh and i reccomend my autobiography on reccomendations day you probably didn't see that.

Oh how nice!

your welcome. :)
  • Options
    oh tomorrows simcrush sunday. its the first time i'll be here for that.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Asaoyoru wrote: »
    I definitely fell into the "frantically taking screenshots of everything my Sims do" fever ... They must feel like movie stars, because I sure do feel like a paparazzi :wink: But all of this could be used somehow ...

sometimes my sims move so fast i take toilet shots because they aren't moving.

I'm constantly pausing my game for this reason. I'm so scared to miss something important for my story. I might even pause my game 10 to 15 times while Sims have a conversation in order to get just the right facial expression.

Me too! I'm always fearful of missing things. Unfortunately, it's why it takes forever to play the game. lol
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    I definitely fell into the "frantically taking screenshots of everything my Sims do" fever ... They must feel like movie stars, because I sure do feel like a paparazzi :wink: But all of this could be used somehow ...

Welcome, @Asaoyoru & @MagicPiggyPigg!
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

I'm constantly pausing my game for this reason. I'm so scared to miss something important for my story. I might even pause my game 10 to 15 times while Sims have a conversation in order to get just the right facial expression.

Me too! I'm always fearful of missing things. Unfortunately, it's why it takes forever to play the game. lol

i'm lucky most of my next chapters have words only but i'm unlucky because i have tothink like a writer and not me. more words means little to no picks.
  • Options

i'm lucky most of my next chapters have words only but i'm unlucky because i have tothink like a writer and not me. more words means little to no picks.

So true. It drains me in those moments, yet somehow, I can't live without it. That passion and driving force. :smiley:
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

So true. It drains me in those moments, yet somehow, I can't live without it. That passion and driving force. :smiley:

ayden has that. unfortunately i had rewrite what was in my head because he said i'm not going back and you can't make me.
  • Options

ayden has that. unfortunately i had rewrite what was in my head because he said i'm not going back and you can't make me.

Haha! Yes, they can be rotten at times, can't they?
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

he knows i'll cave. because he seems to have figured out hes my favorite. i know thats crazy.
  • Options

he knows i'll cave. because he seems to have figured out hes my favorite. i know thats crazy.

Not crazy at all. He knows he's got you wrapped around his finger. lol
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    [quote="sweetnightingale;c-15696984"

Wishing everyone a happy Easter if you celebrate it. If not, I'll just wish you a beautiful, colorful, and creative day.

[/quote]

How nicely worded. I also wish Happy Easter to everyone or just Happy Day :smile: Thanks again to everyone who welcomed me so friendly. I'm really happy I took the step and said Hello.
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    edited April 2017
    Oh man, these green sims are sometimes ruining my screenshot, so I just delete them using cheats, and then there's once I realize that one of them is part of my story, so i need to reload the saves that I played for like one hour.

Also my simcrush this week is from the sims 4
    les-sims-4-pc-1407161102-044.jpg
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @AkramA: Everyone loves Mortimer Goth. ;)

The PlantSim thing sounds so annoying. They haven't showed up in my save yet...I thank the San Myshuno smog for keeping them at bay. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member

The PlantSim thing sounds so annoying. They haven't showed up in my save yet...I thank the San Myshuno smog for keeping them at bay. :p

It's not Mortimer it's the tram. I love sims vehicles hehe. Also, it happened in San MyShuno.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    AkramA wrote: »

It's not Mortimer it's the tram. I love sims vehicles hehe. Also, it happened in San MyShuno.

I'll be on the lookout for them. With no mercy. ;)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Happy timezones/Happy Easter!

I know many people are super busy this weekend (including me!) but I decided to post a chapter anyway :tongue:

5.51: Timeline
    XEVn2M4.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    Happy Easter, everyone!

Managed to get a post up before my parents come over later on. Been working on this one for awhile-the Palmers are my toughest family to write for. (No PlantSims yet-I'm waiting until I finish playing the next lot to quite the game and install the update. I hate installing an update like that in the middle of a lot's week.)

http://tranquilitycreeksims.blogspot.com/2017/04/palmer-1-round-15.html
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    I had the PlantSim bad luck period from hell. Somehow the game keeps making the Sims I would like to include in my story into plants, but at least I managed to get some cool shots of my Sim doing stuff in her alone time ... and I managed to crop out the plumbob from my screens, that kind of annoyed me in my pictures - I definitely need some more sims in the househould to switch the "burden" of it around, hihi.
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    I had the PlantSim bad luck period from plum. Somehow the game keeps making the Sims I would like to include in my story into plants, but at least I managed to get some cool shots of my Sim doing stuff in her alone time ... and I managed to crop out the plumbob from my screens, that kind of annoyed me in my pictures - I definitely need some more sims in the househould to switch the "burden" of it around, hihi.

You can permanently remove the plumbobs, that's what I do. Here's the tutorial.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top