Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I might when I get around to Mulan..Ayi (so I guess mom's sister is Ayi since her husband is Chinese, Shushu)

Ohh, that would be cool! Mulan is my favorite Disney movie :) One thing to note though, in Chinese, titles like Aunt and Uncle are put after their names, so if your aunt's name is Amy, then you would call her Amy Ayi and not Ayi Amy.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Rinellie wrote: »
    I might when I get around to Mulan..Ayi (so I guess mom's sister is Ayi since her husband is Chinese, Shushu)

Ohh, that would be cool! Mulan is my favorite Disney movie :) One thing to note though, in Chinese, titles like Aunt and Uncle are put after their names, so if your aunt's name is Amy, then you would call her Amy Ayi and not Ayi Amy.

thanks for the advice
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited February 2016
    And here comes the monthly anxiety over the short story competition :tongue: Oh well, off to bed now! I have a few more days ahead of me before the real anxiety begins :lol:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    BTW did the person who asked months ago about sims for a Downton Abbey thing ever happened?

That was me and no it hasn't happened yet, LOL. Real life kicked my butt.
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I have a question for all the wordpress people. I'm super close to the 3gb limit on media and in order to increase it I'd have to buy the premium subscription. I don't really want to do that. Is there anyway to add pictures once I hit my limit? For those who read my story know there's a lot of story left, plus I'm starting a new one ;)

I'd hate to have to restart the blog somewhere else :/
    I have a question for all the wordpress people. I'm super close to the 3gb limit on media and in order to increase it I'd have to buy the premium subscription. I don't really want to do that. Is there anyway to add pictures once I hit my limit? For those who read my story know there's a lot of story left, plus I'm starting a new one ;)

I'd hate to have to restart the blog somewhere else :/

I'm in the same boat! We were talking about this just the other day! sunnyshay and a few others use Flickr, and they have had great luck with it. (That's what I think I'll use.) Others us imgur. I forget what Meggles said she used, but it sounds really neat. I've heard of others using PhotoBucket, too. So there are lots of options!

I know some folks who host pictures off-site occasionally run into broken images (sometimes it seems to be browser or even IP-related), so that's one thing that I want to be sure to ask about before I commit myself. I'm pretty sure that the Flickr users haven't run into issues with this.

Thanks! How exactly do you use images from those sites without it taking up space in my media folder? I store my images with Imgur. Do you put the links in the story instead of putting them in your media folder?

Yes! Use the links. When you go to add the media, there's an option to "Add via URL" so just enter the URL there. I think it's Imgur that can sometimes result in broken image links, so you might check with some of the Imgur users to see how they avoid that.

@swcheppes I use postimage.org because you can copy all the links as html and paste them into the html editor. Ain't no one got time to open media and click "add by url"! :lol:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Meggles wrote: »
    BTW did the person who asked months ago about sims for a Downton Abbey thing ever happened?

That was me and no it hasn't happened yet, LOL. Real life kicked my butt.

I just saw something disturbing on tonight's episode of DA and its gross me out completely
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    Is this thread only for Sims 4 stories (Apparently, there were 2 Stories and Legacies)? I've only just found out about this section in this forum.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    since the baby is still a baby im going to let you all decide if you want Garisson to tell the story first or his wife. so itsort of a vote but not really.

It might be fun if his wife told the story!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @lovesstorms I don't have any grand advice about how to go about writing your stories because, really, you should do what's best for you. I personally play the game, take screenshots, and then just arrange them in whatever order is necessary to create a story I find interesting. Sometimes, I even write a plot point that is completely contradictory to what happened in game. For example, in my prettacy, I wrote the story to make it seem like my founder was being burned by love and getting rejected by guys. But in the actual game, she had the serial romantic aspiration, so she was the one jumping from guy to guy and breaking their hearts. I say, don't stress too much about following the exact course of events that happened in game.

Besides that, I want to say that I feel you are very talented and shouldn't worry so much about whether what you post is perfect or not. I read your short story, and the writing was very well done and very moving. The plot was interesting, and the screenshots were beautiful too. You're much better than you give yourself credit for, trust me!

Here, here! Well said, Rinellie! I agree whole-heartedly. Your work is great, @lovesstorms !

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »

@swcheppes I use postimage.org because you can copy all the links as html and paste them into the html editor. Ain't no one got time to open media and click "add by url"! :lol:

This is awesome--I hope I remember this when I'm ready for it. If I don't, will you remind me, Meggs?

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited February 2016
    CandyCadet wrote: »
    Is this thread only for Sims 4 stories (Apparently, there were 2 Stories and Legacies)? I've only just found out about this section in this forum.

Hi @CandyCadet ! :blush: I recognize you from the other Stories and Legacies section! Don't feel bad about the confusion -- most of us around here were in a similar boat -- we thought we were the only one too! :lol: It's confusing to have two, I think. But oh well... :tongue:

Even though this is technically the TS4 section of the forums, we have several writers who use TS3 who post regularly on this thread, and several of the TS4 folks around here still play TS3 as well! So the answer is... It's for everyone! :blush: (Though of course there is going to be a bit of a focus on TS4 in people's questions/comments about their gameplay, because that's what most of us are using for our stories. But we talk a lot about SimLit writing in general, which applies to everyone! And we have ridiculous and fun conversations that are also for everyone ;) )

Welcome! :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    since the baby is still a baby im going to let you all decide if you want Garisson to tell the story first or his wife. so itsort of a vote but not really.

It might be fun if his wife told the story!

thats what i thought i now have enough for 2 or 3 chapters. but mom bought me some dinners so dinner now write later. i don't want to yell at wings again.
  • Options

It's for everybody! And I'm a huge fan of yours--so are a few others on this thread. We've got some TS3ers here, and some of the TS4ers also do TS2 and TS3, so, welcome!

And I'm happy you're here! :)

Also, @MedleyMisty has a thread called "The Art of Storytelling" which you might enjoy--a bunch of us participate there, too.

This thread (Writers' Lounge) moves really fast and random conversations are welcome--so it's not always that conducive for longer, more sustained conversations, so that's where "The Art" and "Book Club" and maybe "ProjectIndex" come in.

Anyway, hi! :)

• Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

Hello @CandyCadet :) Welcome to the thread!!! This thread isn't just for Sims 4 stories, so if you prefer any of the other sims games as your medium than you are still more than welcome here. Heck, even if you just wanna chat, you're more than welcome here! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited February 2016

@CandyCadet: You're not alone here. ;) I only found out about this section recently too, after I kept getting mysterious hits from this thread back in October.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »

@CandyCadet: You're not alone here. ;) I only found out about this section recently too, after I kept getting mysterious hits from this thread back in October.

Do you know what CandyCadet writes? :o That awesome TS3 homeless story with the Muse/Radiohead soundtrack! :o<3

**bigfan**

• Options

Hi @CandyCadet ! :blush: I recognize you from the other Stories and Legacies section! Don't feel bad about the confusion -- most of us around here were in a similar boat -- we thought we were the only one too! :lol: It's confusing to have two, I think. But oh well... :tongue:

Even though this is technically the TS4 section of the forums, we have several writers who use TS3 who post regularly on this thread, and several of the TS4 folks around here still play TS3 as well! So the answer is... It's for everyone! :blush: (Though of course there is going to be a bit of a focus on TS4 in people's questions/comments about their gameplay, because that's what most of us are using for our stories. But we talk a lot about SimLit writing in general, which applies to everyone! And we have ridiculous and fun conversations that are also for everyone ;) )

the reason its in the sim 4 section is i was to scared to try a legacy before 4 came out. when 4 came out i met cathtea and she helped me get this going. but citizen is right we like all stories.welcome.
  • Options
    i think i played too long my heir will be a teen soon. they grow up to fast.
  • Options

the reason its in the sim 4 section is i was to scared to try a legacy before 4 came out. when 4 came out i met cathtea and she helped me get this going. but citizen is right we like all stories.welcome.

And also, when we created this thread, I didn't really know how the forums worked... I was scared to venture out of the Creative Corner, because of all the "I want toddlers" crying and other hate-stuff, so I just stayed here in this corner, and I didn't even know that this was the TS4 section... Then @mastressalita and @SilverDaybreak started inviting us to their threads, which are in other neighborhoods... so we sort of tried to integrate the TS4 section and TS3/2 sections. It would be lovely if we just had one polyTS Creative Corner where we could all hang out together!

• Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hello again and happy Feb 1,

@CandyCadet: Welcome to Cathy's thread, too. I joined this thread when first returning to the forums and where I found the courage to return to Sims and Friends and continue hosting it after my long hiatus. Both threads welcome posters from all the Sim versions.

Here are some more Simself photo albums on my new blog:

@CathyTea : https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/category/cathytea/

@eXokamikaze : https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/2016/02/01/ninja-pig/

@Julyvee94 : https://silversplaytimewithfriends.wordpress.com/category/julyvee94/

@mastressalita , @Jes2G , @sabreene, @Rorygilmore34 , @Meggles , and @CitizenErased14 (Alexander's album) you all have new photos in your albums.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Do you know what CandyCadet writes? :o That awesome TS3 homeless story with the Muse/Radiohead soundtrack! :o<3

**bigfan**

I know! And it's on my list for Radiohead alone. ;)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options

And also, when we created this thread, I didn't really know how the forums worked... I was scared to venture out of the Creative Corner, because of all the "I want toddlers" crying and other hate-stuff, so I just stayed here in this corner, and I didn't even know that this was the TS4 section... Then @mastressalita and @SilverDaybreak started inviting us to their threads, which are in other neighborhoods... so we sort of tried to integrate the TS4 section and TS3/2 sections. It would be lovely if we just had one polyTS Creative Corner where we could all hang out together!

thank you for letting me drag you out of the corner. i could not have done this without you.maybe i should find out hat simlit is .
  • Options
    RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    Does anyone watch those What Would You Do segments by ABC where they set up social experiments to see how people respond to them? I've been watching them since yesterday and bawling my eyes out :'(
  • Options
    Does anyone watch those What Would You Do segments by ABC where they set up social experiments to see how people respond to them? I've been watching them since yesterday and bawling my eyes out :'(

me
  • Options

silverhas threads i didn't know that. i knew about mast.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top