Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me rebuild Hidden Springs - and get gifted.

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    on the home site this is 1 I'm looking for

the crazy inventors home:
    a family home (see my definition on first page), for an inventor and family.
    to be placed in the wooden area of HS, on a 40x30 (road site first)
    don't need to be very rich or big home, could be just 1 living room and kitchen + a shared loft where all the family sleep, and an all-in-1 bathroom as a out house (the movie one looks great for that) + a work shop
    it could even be build into an old ruin of a castle (using the castle set and the ruin items from DV)
    they might have a dog or a cat + other criters.
    Imagen a big relativly poor family, that loves to invent and gather and randomly throws things out (imgane if it could be used)
    they might have chickens and maybe a kitchen garden (so they don't have to buy much food)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    inspiration... if any one is building/finding a toy shop

34916anoldfashionedtoyshopcat.jpg
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    That is an awesome pic. I've finished my big project now and if you still need the toy store I will take a stab at it. I'm not a fast builder and don't do fancy roofs. I do like building and will make extra sure I don't use an CAP in it. I have one build Sims3 file that has no CAP on purpose. Can you give me the lot size and where it is in Hidden Springs so I can do the build on the lot it will be used on. I'll go back a few pages and check your other pics as I seem to remember you posted a few others.
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @anettesb Today I worked on the bedrooms and moved outside :D

Master Bedroom-
    bfgmy1.jpg

t82iag.jpg
    Teen Girl Bedroom-
    x215ok.jpg

343g2mv.jpg
    Children's Bedroom-
    fky5wi.jpg
    Nursery-
    33trwc2.jpg

9j2m10.jpg

2ufc6z4.jpg
    Outside we have the barn-
    2eevu5h.jpg

2n9aj5y.jpg
    and finally the tractor, I added harvestable plants I tried to fit everything but it all didn't fit but you have all the different kinds of grapes, all the fruit type plants I have, and all the base game plants, I also added some plants from University.
    23wmiqh.jpg

For bathrooms there's 3 & 1/2- There's a master bath, teen girl has a bath, there's a shared bath between the nursery and children's room, and there's a half bathroom on the 1st floor. Tomorrow I'll continue on the outside as long as nothing inside needs to get changed. I'll be adding in the Chickens and cows if you want those, and I'll start doing the landscaping and what not...Should there be a fence surrounding the property?
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    That is an awesome pic. I've finished my big project now and if you still need the toy store I will take a stab at it. I'm not a fast builder and don't do fancy roofs. I do like building and will make extra sure I don't use an CAP in it. I have one build Sims3 file that has no CAP on purpose. Can you give me the lot size and where it is in Hidden Springs so I can do the build on the lot it will be used on. I'll go back a few pages and check your other pics as I seem to remember you posted a few others.

oh that would be a fantastic gift (it is more fun shoping in shops other people made)

this the lot I been thinking of.... it's the last lot on the left before the wateringhole and museum when you come from the town.... road site is first
    11A: 40x30, family home, see area description – could also be a public lot. Maybe a toy/kids shop (savy seller + toy machine)

if you finde a MH or DV house that can be remodlede to be the shop thats ok (it don't need to be 100% nev build)

what I imagen is that it is an old toy shop (so relativly old building)
    that it sells as many difrent toys (best in fun non standadr recolors) from all over in EP and store
    + maybe a few child oriented skill items (the fairy folks Fair Folk Easel, a funny looking telescope, 1 cheesboard) + maybe a few kids furniture (especially things like the animal chairs and chaning table)
    and that it have a small play ground outside
    and then ofcourse 1 toy machinc in a look a like workshop area
    toilets be nice

hope this helps and give ideas
  • Options
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    @anettesb Today I worked on the bedrooms and moved outside :D

Master Bedroom-
    bfgmy1.jpg

t82iag.jpg
    Teen Girl Bedroom-
    x215ok.jpg

343g2mv.jpg
    Children's Bedroom-
    fky5wi.jpg
    Nursery-
    33trwc2.jpg

9j2m10.jpg

2ufc6z4.jpg
    Outside we have the barn-
    2eevu5h.jpg

2n9aj5y.jpg
    and finally the tractor, I added harvestable plants I tried to fit everything but it all didn't fit but you have all the different kinds of grapes, all the fruit type plants I have, and all the base game plants, I also added some plants from University.
    23wmiqh.jpg

For bathrooms there's 3 & 1/2- There's a master bath, teen girl has a bath, there's a shared bath between the nursery and children's room, and there's a half bathroom on the 1st floor. Tomorrow I'll continue on the outside as long as nothing inside needs to get changed. I'll be adding in the Chickens and cows if you want those, and I'll start doing the landscaping and what not...Should there be a fence surrounding the property?

wow look fantastic

love the chest in the parents bedroom.... it was normal to have a weeding chest a long time back... my mom had an old one in the bedroom when I grew up
    and 2 cribs
    will there be more beds (thinking grand parents and many kids)... could just be a bunk bed in the stable if that small room isn't in use between the stalls.... my mod counts beds so I really want this to be big family home

yes please cows and chickens... I love those

the green drive of the tracktor really fits the area

hmm some sort of fencing... yes souns great.. maybe not around the wholes lot... and maybe around the whole lot... maybe jsut around the field and animals....
    what ever looks best and still let it look like they own the area around them.

thank you again
  • Options
    do all of you own the store... since there is no wish list or my page links in your siggy?

kind of hard to send a thank you for helping gift if there is nothing you want...

hmm

guess I must just give you cake... the danish cake and cofe table style

i65215643._msw565h424_szw565h424_.jpg
  • Options
    anettesb wrote: »

wow look fantastic

love the chest in the parents bedroom.... it was normal to have a weeding chest a long time back... my mom had an old one in the bedroom when I grew up
    and 2 cribs
    will there be more beds (thinking grand parents and many kids)... could just be a bunk bed in the stable if that small room isn't in use between the stalls.... my mod counts beds so I really want this to be big family home

hmm some sort of fencing... yes souns great.. maybe not around the wholes lot... and maybe around the whole lot... maybe jsut around the field and animals....

thank you again

I didn't know that I just thought the chest fit in the room glad it now has a reason to be in there :D

Oh do you want two more beds for when say the 2 toddlers in the nursery grow up? I'll try making some changes and adding 2 more beds or a bunkbed maybe add it to the children's room so 4 children can sleep in the room. Cause that room between the stables is small it's a 2 by 8 or something.

Alright, just wanted to make sure for the cows and chickens, The drive of the tractor actually did that it self when I switched from buy mode to live mode so it's pretty interesting it changes it's color to match the ground.

I'll play with the fencing and see what works :D

your very welcome :D
  • Options

wow look fantastic

and 2 cribs

thank you again

I didn't know that I just thought the chest fit in the room glad it now has a reason to be in there :D

Oh do you want two more beds for when say the 2 toddlers in the nursery grow up? I'll try making some changes and adding 2 more beds or a bunkbed maybe add it to the children's room so 4 children can sleep in the room. Cause that room between the stables is small it's a 2 by 8 or something.

Alright, just wanted to make sure for the cows and chickens, The drive of the tractor actually did that it self when I switched from buy mode to live mode so it's pretty interesting it changes it's color to match the ground.

I'll play with the fencing and see what works :D

your very welcome :D

A cheest like that would often be used as a bridal chest (what the girl took with her and later used to store her clothes... ) yup it looks amazing

ah ok that would be a thight fit... yea thank you for trying to fit in a few more beds.... or my mods would go crazy telling me there isn't enough. it is perfectly fine if some look more like a handyman or kitchen helpers room.... (farms would often have it) just the game nned bed counts up.
    for that reason it could be a bunk bed for 2 handymen in that small room.... but it's your call.

cool about the track.
  • Options

oh that would be a fantastic gift (it is more fun shoping in shops other people made)

this the lot I been thinking of.... it's the last lot on the left before the wateringhole and museum when you come from the town.... road site is first
    11A: 40x30, family home, see area description – could also be a public lot. Maybe a toy/kids shop (savy seller + toy machine)

if you finde a MH or DV house that can be remodlede to be the shop thats ok (it don't need to be 100% nev build)

that it sells as many difrent toys (best in fun non standadr recolors) from all over in EP and store
    + maybe a few child oriented skill items (the fairy folks Fair Folk Easel, a funny looking telescope, 1 cheesboard) + maybe a few kids furniture (especially things like the animal chairs and chaning table)
    toilets be nice

cool...I'm heading into my Sims games shortly and will find the lot and just make sure I'm on the right one :)

I do own the store and I just gained 5 pounds looking at all the lovelies on the coffee cake table. Yum!!
  • Options
    edited June 2015

toilets be nice

cool...I'm heading into my Sims games shortly and will find the lot and just make sure I'm on the right one :)

I do own the store and I just gained 5 pounds looking at all the lovelies on the coffee cake table. Yum!!

then try being at an arangement like this ... curtesy say you have to tast it all... 21 difrent cakes.. 7 soft cakes, 7 dry cakes and 7 hard cakes (the definitions of soft, dry and hard vary) http://gramslot.dk/en/culture-coffee-and-cake-the-southern-jutlandic-way/

tinypic worked with me... so here is the lot with a cirkle

25aog9u.jpg

• Options
    Got the lot...thanks for the circle...helped a lot. That will be a great spot.
  • Options
    Got the lot...thanks for the circle...helped a lot. That will be a great spot.

I think so too... out in the crafting area... midle of old settlement... and on the main road in to town...

glad the cirkel helped
  • Options
    thoughts

does any one know what items you can put in a sims inventory and they use automatic if they a townie?

Í like to give hte townies I make/edit in other worlds a few things they can use (fittign for them)
    especially umbrallas if they use the one I give them... as I'm tirred of all the sims in town using the same umbralla... like diversity.

on that thought I know I can take a sim into cas/stylist mode with my mods.... but is there any way I can edit the look of their umbralla/backpack when I see them with it.... all the sims at uni seem to have EA's 3 defauls.... same goes for the umbrala (though mosts seem to have the rainbow colored)

oh and if there is an easel in a house sims will use it yes... but as they can't remove the painting on their own... any ideas on how they can keep lifting that skill as townies?
  • Options
    I'm not sure how you can edit the stuff in the inventory unless you take over the sim for a few minutes and do it that way.

I do know that you can use Nraas skill mod....it is one of the Story Progression modules, to assign whether or not the NPC's learn skills. I've just started using it and started seeing painting and writing type skills going up for the ones that are assigned writing and painting careers. I've tried to slow them down a bit, because they were learning skills faster than my sims and that doesn't make me happy. :)

Do you have the savvy stuff and want the toy store to be a functional toy store? I forgot to ask that earlier.
  • Options
    NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    I'm not sure how you can edit the stuff in the inventory unless you take over the sim for a few minutes and do it that way.

I do know that you can use Nraas skill mod....it is one of the Story Progression modules, to assign whether or not the NPC's learn skills. I've just started using it and started seeing painting and writing type skills going up for the ones that are assigned writing and painting careers. I've tried to slow them down a bit, because they were learning skills faster than my sims and that doesn't make me happy. :)

Do you have the savvy stuff and want the toy store to be a functional toy store? I forgot to ask that earlier.
    @bekkasan, I think you can use NRaas MC Cheats module to transfer inventory to and from sims that you are not in control of, I have used it in the past. I forget how, and can't get in game on the laptop to figure out how, but I know it can be done.

• Options

I use that mode to, so it was more about well how do they learn with out an easal (gues it is randomly added... thats ok)

I give my townie sims things when I creat them in an other save... thats how I give them stuff

yes I like the machine there and it to function using savy seller... I got it all... thats why I'm remodeling town....
    that way next time a kid want a doll house we go to the shop, instead of build/buy.... thats also why I want as many difrent things on display/for sale as posible.

thank you again for doing it

• Options
    NagyGina wrote: »

@bekkasan, I think you can use NRaas MC Cheats module to transfer inventory to and from sims that you are not in control of, I have used it in the past. I forget how, and can't get in game on the laptop to figure out how, but I know it can be done.

hmm must look into that then

then the question is only what will they use on their own... what will I see them use

I'm guessing:
    umbralas
    backpacks
    flying disk and balls
    teddys
    laptops
    tablets
    toys
    surfboards
    boats
    cars
    bikes

other ideas
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @anettesb The house is finished!

Meadow Grove -For generations Meadow Grove has been run by the same family who's added their own touches here and there leaving the previous generations. The only thing that hasn't changed about this home is the fact that anyone who lives here always has a sense of home. With the children only growing up knowing farming, Will someone break the family tradition? 4BR/3 & 1/2BA. Built in hidden Springs on 1 Meadow Beach Dr.
    2ec0v7q.jpg

2cy44qq.jpg

jhg30x.jpg

2chswie.jpg

2v2b9yx.jpg

o71ro1.jpg

2eofkw9.jpg

123wc39.jpg

zo9od0.jpg

2e1gbhh.jpg

257d8qr.jpg
    The small building I was thinking used to be an outhouse that was changed into a shed, you'll find the inventor's bench inside :D
    23iiknn.jpg
    With the Cow I didn't pen it in cause it sorta has it's own fence around it and it looked kind of funny to add a fence around it.
    27zyk4j.jpg
    Inside the barn you'll find two stables as I thought the family might breed horses.
    29xb5hw.jpg
  • Options
    @cmbaker16 wow... I love love :love: love it.... yes they might breed horses... we don't know storyprogresion will decide.... I'm going to link to this post in my wish for creation... when I wish for a family (remember to post this here then you might win store items for you or a friend + make @NagyGina happy)
  • Options
    I hope I didn't overload on the pictures LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I hope I didn't overload on the pictures LOL

seems just fine... I just thought it be smart not to qoute them....

and I do love pictures

the shed idea is briliant.... I love the history... and the fence.... neat use of the now and then fence.... I really hope my sims becomes friends with the sims living there.... as I want them on hayrides and milking cows....

and the struckture of the plants in the field makes it so real.... yes I can't make them farm all the land around them... but this will make it look like theyuse it for horses and cows... and to get wood for their fire... and to get hay for the animals...
  • Options
    @cmbaker16 wow... I love love :love: love it.... yes they might breed horses... we don't know storyprogresion will decide.... I'm going to link to this post in my wish for creation... when I wish for a family (remember to post this here then you might win store items for you or a friend + make @NagyGina happy)

Can I have a Link just to make sure I get the right thread :)
  • Options

Can I have a Link just to make sure I get the right thread :)

yes you can my dear
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/833471/gift-of-creation-game-open/p1

this way you have now made atleast 2 people very happy... maybe more if you win something
  • Options
    Thank you..I've entered it :D and am really glad you <3 it