Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    astera00 wrote: »
    Evil sims will get a happy moodlet when witnessing the death of a disliked sim. They will also be happy at the discomfort of a sim in labour.

Not only the evil Sims. I believe that every Sim will get a happy moodlet when witnessing the death of their enemy ;)
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    @MissNightOwl Oh thank you for letting me know :) Been finding a lot of handy hints here
  • Options
    MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member

Hi.

Since this is a place where people can tell others about new things in the game i decided to come here and ask a question because i really do not know why i got this message:

Few minutes ago i saw my very first vampire attack (i've had the GP right from the start and had to wait this long...) and now i have two "red messages" saying "Tired, why does it hurt so much?"

The question i have is:

Why does wearing clothes give that message??
    My sim went to a nightclub and changed into a party dress (just a regular shirt and pants) and then the other "red message" appeared and when i checked what it said i saw that a piece of clothing made my sim uncomfortable.

PICS:
    16.9.2017_3.08.31_zpsk9nq4pdf.png
    (This is the normal message telling me she was bitten and is feeling uncomfortable)

16.9.2017_3.08.40_zpsz70xmfwy.png
    (Here it says that she was bitten and the tiredness and feeling uncomfortable is because she is wearing a certain piece of clothing)

Could someone explain this to me?

THANK YOU! <3

"By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Apparently streaming video games doesn't count toward the "play video game" daily task?
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Did you know that sometimes when you come to the world selection you get a pencil over the mouse?
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited September 2017
    Vraie wrote: »
    Some of these images are hilarious, thanks all for sharing them <3.
    I especially love the apologise in bed with the woohoo logo. I had a few sim relationships for whom that would have been a very appropriate choice.

I know it's probably not an unknown thing but I had my first elder sim who was disappointed with his own woohoo technique the other day. I've had other elders woohoo but they didn't get that moodlet. This one is clearly a bit frailer than the last ;)

I also didn't know that a sim could die of rage until it almost happened, but weirdly enough his life was saved by his live in girlfriend who actually at the time of this incident really hated him. I don't know why he got saved.

I also find it hilarious that you can hang out with the grim reaper downtown and that he turns up at community lots as though he's a regular local resident.

Also! Sims do not autonomously grieve at gravestones, not in my game anyway. I think this is actually an issue for me. I had a sim who died recently of old age. His daughter in law, who barely knew him, was distraught. His son, with whom he had a good relationship, took one look at the corpse and then had the very happy moodlet and started chatting to the Grim Reaper. His son later took the gravestone to the park where I have been putting the tombs I still have, and then he actually cried for a bit, but he went with his brother who also had a good relationship with his father, and the brother wandered off and didn't care at all.

This is a common thing in my game, actually. When my original founder sim died, it just happened that her granddaughter, who she had never met, was at the park with her uncle and witnessed it. Because she witnessed it, the child and the uncle (who was not blood related to the sim) both had grief moodlets, and the child had them for two days. But the relations who knew the dead sim well didn't get any moodlet and actually had a birthday party, to which the granddaughter was invited...

So I guess I didn't know that sims mostly don't care when their relatives die, unless they barely knew them. I miss death notifications across houses and inheritances. I think so much more could be done with this whole death thing. I also miss tombstones being at houses where elder sims die while I am not playing that house. Their spirits still manage to phone their kinsfolk and invite them over, so they are still there somewhere - but if you don't have a grave, you don't have any sense of loss or mourning or anything. I really miss that from Sims 2.

I am tagging the sim gurus to your post because this has been a MAJOR issue since game release and its unacceptable. I get that it takes time to fix bugs, but 3 years is ridiculous. Considering most gaming companies release patches sometimes weekly when their games have issues, there is no excuse.

@SimGuruGraham I'm not sure which Guru to tag here, but this needs to be looked at. This has been an issue since the games release over 3 years ago and it is a MAJOR gameplay problem. How can sims be considered little people with "real" emotions when if a sim is in the other room and their parent dies they won't mourn that parent? Thats ridiculous. Sims have to be staring at the dying sim to even recognize that that sim died.....there is a major problem there......This is one of the biggest reasons that I just don't play as often, it breaks immersion when my sims won't even do a basic task properly like mourn a family member. Its not even that they don't mourn, they don't even recognize that sim as dead if they aren't in the same room. In sims 3 a sim could be all the way in the backyard and react to the death of a sim across the lot. Its bad enough that when jealousy was completely broken we, instead of getting a fix) have to give sims a trait in an already small trait selection to make them jealous? So I have to choose between my sim acting jealous how they should and having an actual personality trait......anyway, I really hope you guys fix the death thing because it's been 3 years.
  • Options
    Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    Did you know sims can sometimes greet each other by kissing on the cheek?
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    Pema22 wrote: »
    Did you know sims can sometimes greet each other by kissing on the cheek?

I do ! I'm always surprised
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    did you know when you cook experimental dish somting flowing around your sim head!
    https://youtu.be/RdG0VBO7qqQ
  • Options
    did you know that you can see sixam planet like bright star on the night sky
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAmF5MKnbOs&amp;feature=youtu.be
  • Options
  • Options
    i love how you can run and listnen the music
    https://youtu.be/-S-9jR53Ioc
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    This is probably one that others have figured out already given that the game has been out so long, but I find it really helpful and hope someone else will too. Having trouble keeping your sim in a mood other than inspired or happy to make emotional paintings for the aspiration? While your sim is in the desired mood (I chose angry) I had her start a painting then quit after it was started. Then I dragged it to the wall and had her start another angry painting and finish it. Then when you are ready for the next emotional painting there's no need to try and get in the mood because you already have one started and hanging on the wall to finish up your task!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Tezzie7645Tezzie7645 Posts: 108 Member
    Did you know that other sims can 'ask what happened' after a sim has been in a fire?
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited September 2017
    Did you know that sims many times will sing lullabies? I have heard twinkle twinkle little star, row row, row your boat, london bridges falling down, and itsy bitsy spider :smile: . Vlad from the Vampire pack does it a lot haha. Whats odd is I can't find any info on this anywhere. I randomly heard it in my game and also in someones LP and they were just as shocked as I was hahaha.
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I'm sure many people know this but you can tell in advanced if a sim is pregnant by seeing if they appear like they almost throw up, then a baby themed thought bubble appears over their head.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I'm sure many people know this but you can tell in advanced if a sim is pregnant by seeing if they appear like they almost throw up, then a baby themed thought bubble appears over their head.

or if they go puking but they're not sick
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Wow, so many awesome things posted here :) So much detail in this game!
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Anyone now how to get the abconite metal? i cant find it!
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @Whythesims4issobad Have you tried the spawning cheat? https://simsvip.com/2014/09/21/the-sims-4-how-to-spawn-collectibles/ this site will help you find what your looking for.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I've gotten the baconite on the science lot by the fence line. It forms in one of the clusters that's arranged in a circle of other clusters.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    This is probably one that others have figured out already given that the game has been out so long, but I find it really helpful and hope someone else will too. Having trouble keeping your sim in a mood other than inspired or happy to make emotional paintings for the aspiration? While your sim is in the desired mood (I chose angry) I had her start a painting then quit after it was started. Then I dragged it to the wall and had her start another angry painting and finish it. Then when you are ready for the next emotional painting there's no need to try and get in the mood because you already have one started and hanging on the wall to finish up your task!

You can also hang completed emotional paintings on your walls, click them and select 'enable emotional aura' then click and select view. Your sim will then be in the mood that corresponds to the mood of the painting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top