Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how long can you play the sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Sims 1 - A few hours. Still love The Sims 1 though.
    Sims 2 - Had to force myself to stop.
    Sims 3 - A few hours.
    Sims 4 - Sometimes a few hours, sometimes a whole day.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @aws200 wrote: »
    10 minutes or less.

-The lack of content
    -The present bugs
    -The locked up world
    -Sims always stopping your assignment to go talk to other Sims rather than go to the bathroom or eat so they pee themselves or die
    -The annoying Sims ALWAYS bugging on dates "HEY WHAT YOU DOING?! HUH HUH HUH?! IMMA GET UP IN YO FACE! HUH UH UH?!"

The expansion packs and game packs will no doubt just add onto the cons list. The first game pack already did. I REALLY hope they, or modders most likely modders, will fix the annoying group conversation thing so I can go outside and have a romantic evening WITHOUT the annoying Sims butting in trying to steal her away so I cannot fulfill the requirements (for some stupid reason they added that 🐸🐸🐸🐸) and fail the date.

There is a Mod already. Also, if you talk to your Sim before you enter the lot, you can easily talk to them 1 on 1. And then talk to them and walk back inside and you won't be bothered as much.
  • Options
    cyberragacyberraga Posts: 53 Member
    With a new save I can spend hours on it, but now I'm current on a old save, already 8 sims in the family, I think I will stop for now.
  • Options
    grayheathgrayheath Posts: 41 Member
    I wish I had more time to play all my sims games for longer. But once my kids are in bed I only get a few hours before I have to force myself to go to bed.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    Hmm, I think I spend more time looking at new CC and mods than actually playing. Maybe 2 hours per month? I get bored with it very quickly.

I am like this when playing sims 2

• Options
    Andrew060Andrew060 Posts: 281 Member
    edited March 2015
    I hardly play it all anymore. Think the last time was a month ago now and even then was only breifly. I agree with people who say they force themself to play TS4. Thats how I feel but difference is Ive stopped playing now.
    Andrew - UK Fan and player of the Sims since the year 2000
  • Options
    br0bertobr0berto Posts: 170 Member
    Andrew060 wrote: »
    I hardly play it all anymore. Think the last time was a month ago now and even then was only breifly. I agree with people who say they force themself to play TS4. Thats how I feel but difference is Ive stopped playing now.

yeah I forced myself a bit when i heard pools got patched in then I stopped for a few months but I've been pretty hooked on it for a couple of weeks now. I'm hoping expansion packs improve the game.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    br0berto wrote: »

yeah I forced myself a bit when i heard pools got patched in then I stopped for a few months but I've been pretty hooked on it for a couple of weeks now. I'm hoping expansion packs improve the game.

I have read comments from other Simmers who stopped playing for a while and when they returned they now like it. I wonder if something changed in the game, or if they approached it the second time with a different mindset.

My problem is, I love the game, I just don't have time to play it. When I decide to play the Sims, I like to make sure that I have a good 3-4 hours at least set aside. I don't like playing it in short bursts.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    joleaco wrote: »

I have read comments from other Simmers who stopped playing for a while and when they returned they now like it. I wonder if something changed in the game, or if they approached it the second time with a different mindset.

My problem is, I love the game, I just don't have time to play it. When I decide to play the Sims, I like to make sure that I have a good 3-4 hours at least set aside. I don't like playing it in short bursts.

I didn't dislike the game as much as other seem to. it's just the fact that it's still a base game so there isnt much to do especially if you played it religiously after getting it, I would admit the patches and the game pack made the game more fun and it can only get better and I'm the same way. I can't play for 30 minutes then stop, that's probably another reason why I stopped because I couldn't find the time to play for hours.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    The game pack makes it possible for my Sim to live outdoors on her lot...which is interesting, but I still can only play 30 minutes to an hour at a time; sometimes 2 if it gets interesting.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    SimatropolisSimatropolis Posts: 286 Member
    If you all find playing the Sims 4 such an arduous task, why do you spend all of your time on it's official forums complaining about it? Again, those of us who like it are made to feel oppressed.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think I have a bad addiction, when it came out I couldn't put my laptop down until my laptop says "enough!" and crashes.

I spent most of yesterday building a mansion for 8 hours straight. And I'm about to finish furnishing it, and then move outside gardens and move my family in.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2015
    In CAS I can stay a while, but actual game play - about 10-15 minutes. :( I haven't opened the game for weeks now. I spend time looking at pretty pictures of CC and sometimes download them, but I dread actually building in game, because it feels so clunky. I dunno. There's no joy in it anymore, and I really want to want to play.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    I am playing Sims 4 much,including creating Sims and houses, but it is periodic, playing Dragon Age in between, and Next week Dreamfall Capter 2 is coming out,;-) Lately I have made some new Sims for the new Exp , just waiting to see what new traits and Aspirations is coming with it(I hope! ) and hairstyles, would really like to make a mad Scientist with wild Hair ! :p
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    > @Simatropolis said:
    > If you all find playing the Sims 4 such an arduous task, why do you spend all of your time on it's official forums complaining about it? Again, those of us who like it are made to feel oppressed.

I stopped playing it in September. I also don't spend all of my time on the official forums complaining, but I stop in from time to time because I would like to find enjoyment in The Sims 4 and I want to encourage its improvement.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I CAN spend 18 hours playing this game. I would love to do that once :D
    But that will never be feasible with school and all the daily tasks :/
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited March 2015
    A few hours in cas or build mode. In live mode 15~30.

(I've played this game since launch and have done everything there is in it.)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Aine wrote: »
    In CAS I can stay a while, but actual game play - about 10-15 minutes. :( I haven't opened the game for weeks now. I spend time looking at pretty pictures of CC and sometimes download them, but I dread actually building in game, because it feels so clunky. I dunno. There's no joy in it anymore, and I really want to want to play.

it really sucks that the game can't keep your interest anymore, I hope the game can improve in the ways your hoping to make it more enjoyable.

• Options
    jh2011jh2011 Posts: 137 Member
    @MasonGamer I'm the same way. In fact I spent 3 full days recently perfecting a house.

• Options
    jh2011 wrote: »
    @MasonGamer I'm the same way. In fact I spent 3 full days recently perfecting a house.
    is it on the gallery?
  • Options
    jh2011jh2011 Posts: 137 Member
    jh2011 wrote: »
    is it on the gallery?

No I made and used a bunch of build/buy mode mods
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Aine wrote: »

it really sucks that the game can't keep your interest anymore, I hope the game can improve in the ways your hoping to make it more enjoyable.
    Yeah, it's sad, because there is many things about the game I do enjoy alot - there's just so many immersion breaking features and designs that I eventually become more annoyed than anything else.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    TS1 - I can't remember.
    TS2 - storytelling, world building, or creating CC: two weeks non-stop before my vitals fail. Normal play: 1-2 years+ whenever I have free time to play.
    TS3 - with WA about 1-2 months whenever I have free time to play. Without WA, less than an hour.
    TS4 - 30 minutes to an hour.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    A few months ago I started playing a sim I would try and max out (skills, aspirations, jobs) but the save got corrupted and junk after a month and a half, I was getting so far with this sim :'( then I was playing non stop. After the save got corrupted I still played, but not as much. Although I just started a new sim that I'm trying to max out. So hopefully this save never corrupts. -fingers crossed-
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Ts4-played a total of 8 hours and never went back.