Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how long can you play the sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Depends what kind of mood I'm in. Sometimes I play just to pass the time. Other times, it's because I want to build a nice house and create a nice sim. Depending how their lives pan out, depends on how long I play. If they've got a job, I'll end up playing for hours as I want them to get promoted etc.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    3-4 hrs at a time.
  • Options
    JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    With Sims 2 I would often get stuck playing halfway through the night because I couldn't save for one reason or another. One time early on I discovered that if the kids didn't do their homework they would be taken away by the social worker. I nearly lost three kids because one boy hadn't done any homework, and I spent hours trying to figure out how to get sufficient homework done in the time since my last save. Over and over I had to back out without saving, and eventually had to sell furnishings to buy a better bed and TV so he could gain energy and fun quickly enough to still have time to get enough homework done before morning so the social worker wouldn't come. He finally made it by the skin of his teeth. I went to bed exhausted.

With Sims 4 I now know how to avoid that sort of thing, so it's less hair-raising. Much of my Simming time is now spent on the family tree program I bought before they patched in the genealogy. I use it like the Sims Database I had for Sims 2, where I entered all the vital statistics of each Sim. I also have two MS Access databases for information regarding lots and households. I haven't done much building yet, but soon I'll be paging through the floor plans I designed for Sims 2, to see how they will build in Sims 4. I wish there were basements and terrain levels. I've always wanted to do split level houses, too, though I was never able to do that before. I used to have stairs with landings, but it looks like I can't do that here.

Another thing that I think is wrong, wrong, wrong, is that I can't seem to get married people to have the same name. I had one marriage break up because of that.
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    In the past I've played the various Sim games for hours on end. I would get annoyed when real life got in the way. Like .....man I have to stop and fix dinner or can I put off laundry for another day? With this generation I find myself using everyday tasks as an excuse for not opening the game.......as in...I can't play right now I need to do laundry.

Most of the time I can manage an hour before I get frustrated with it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    br0bertobr0berto Posts: 170 Member
    With Sims 2 I would often get stuck playing halfway through the night because I couldn't save for one reason or another. One time early on I discovered that if the kids didn't do their homework they would be taken away by the social worker. I nearly lost three kids because one boy hadn't done any homework, and I spent hours trying to figure out how to get sufficient homework done in the time since my last save. Over and over I had to back out without saving, and eventually had to sell furnishings to buy a better bed and TV so he could gain energy and fun quickly enough to still have time to get enough homework done before morning so the social worker wouldn't come. He finally made it by the skin of his teeth. I went to bed exhausted.

With Sims 4 I now know how to avoid that sort of thing, so it's less hair-raising. Much of my Simming time is now spent on the family tree program I bought before they patched in the genealogy. I use it like the Sims Database I had for Sims 2, where I entered all the vital statistics of each Sim. I also have two MS Access databases for information regarding lots and households. I haven't done much building yet, but soon I'll be paging through the floor plans I designed for Sims 2, to see how they will build in Sims 4. I wish there were basements and terrain levels. I've always wanted to do split level houses, too, though I was never able to do that before. I used to have stairs with landings, but it looks like I can't do that here.

Another thing that I think is wrong, wrong, wrong, is that I can't seem to get married people to have the same name. I had one marriage break up because of that.

you can make stairs with landings it's just a little complicated. just make a fence how you want it to look then delete the floor
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I used to play it nonstop, but it's sorta boring when everyone that looked moderately ok is dead and you got all these rachet townies walking around with green hair and blue eyebrows. I usually play it a few hours a day after trying out mods or cc that looked neat or building a house.
  • Options
    Simmons1234Simmons1234 Posts: 186 Member
    Not more than half an hour; I get bored easily. I used to play TS3 for hours on end.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    It's probably about an hour, Sims3 I could play for six hours straight.
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    TS2 - I didn't stop until my pc gave up. Almost had MY kids taken by the social worker (not really, but there were times I was playing too much according to my own standards).
    TS3 - a fair bit once I gave in and played with mods.
    TS4 - Too much to begin with (new things to learn, new dreams to dream, imagination running wild and all that), but I am down to maybe 15 minutes now before I am bored and tab out. Still racking up the played hours on Origin though, so EA might need to rethink how they track playtime, if they use it for any market research.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    TS1-3 totally addicted. I'd lose time playing it and be surprised how long I'd been playing when someone came in to talk to me!
    Ts4 I forced myself to play around 40 hours. But it upset me so much I'd get stressed playing it. A game should be fun, not upsetting. So I'm waiting for improvements and hoping one day it will join the ranks of addictive sims game for me :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    When I do power up the game, which admittedly, I don't do too much of lately, I can sit and play for 3-4 hours at a time. In fact, I keep gaining the "Just getting started" award. LOL Part of my lack of playing is, I've started writing a new book, plus I'm busy working on my family tree, which my book is based upon. (I'm fictionalizing the life of my sixth great-grandparents, which requires facts to base it around. Yes, he was on the famous side. Bit of a rock star in his own time, 200+ years ago. Suffice it to say he garnered the "Beloved" trait by the masses.) Plus, I have a rather profound case of PEPs. I've brought forward from TS3, some characters I've created, and one of them is a physician. It's been hard recreating him as a computer tech, but that is the closest occupation we have currently.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Lex2221 wrote: »
    If I'm off I can play it all day I'll start when I wake up and then before I know it it's dark outside. Then I reflect on all the things I could've done instead of playing all day long.

I'm the same way lol, can play all day if I get started on something or looking for something I need for the game. I have been known to start in the morning and play all day, leaving it go while I do something and go back to it. I always have my Sim busy doing something before I leave and the come back and check on it when I'm finished doing something else.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    That depends on how much free time I have and what I'm into in the game at that time. Being just a base game and one game pack, not as much time. I'm sure GTW will get a lot of my attention.
  • Options
    euphoriiaeuphoriia Posts: 24 New Member
    Honestly, I can only play for an hour or two max, without getting bored.
  • Options
    br0bertobr0berto Posts: 170 Member
    euphoriia wrote: »
    Honestly, I can only play for an hour or two max, without getting bored.

that makes sense. the game tends to get repetitive.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    If I didn't have a couple kids and husband that take me off I would probably spend about three to four hours playing. As it is I can only play two hours because of the kids and husband I spoke of earlier lol.

Unfortunately, I am not playing any games at the moment. My graphic card's fan is slowly dying. This is the third time this has happened, the graphic card itself is fine but the fan dies and then it gets too overheated. I'm waiting for the new generation of the graphic cards to come out so I get the previous generation on sale.
  • Options
    DriftDrift Posts: 12 New Member
    I go through stages of playing Sims. Sometimes I get super addicted where I play for entire days, then I go a few weeks without playing.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Hours. Sometimes too many hours. Actually, most times too many hours.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I can't play more than an hour without getting bored.
    He/Him
  • Options
    lavakillulavakillu Posts: 18 New Member
    So, I have 433 hours logged on TS4...that's slightly more than 54 work days. 90% of that has been in build mode and, I think, more a testament to the sad shape of my RL than prop's to the awesome game-play...well, that and Percocet:)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    All day long if I'm starting a town from scratch and building it up. 1-4 hours just playing with my Sims, with little breaks to get up and do small chores. It really depends on my attention span: some days I have one and some days I don't, doesn't matter what I'm using it for.

Okay, except sleeping. I'm good with that no matter.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I usually can play about 4 or 5 hours. Some times only about an hour. It depends on what's going on in my game and how much time I have.

• Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    All day long if I'm starting a town from scratch and building it up. 1-4 hours just playing with my Sims, with little breaks to get up and do small chores. It really depends on my attention span: some days I have one and some days I don't, doesn't matter what I'm using it for.

Okay, except sleeping. I'm good with that no matter.

Or coffee ;)

Generally put 3-4 hours in when I sit down for a round - my main Sim just got married so that's been fun though making a decent wedding plot was...a pain just cause of all the "required" things a certain lot type needs to have to be viable.

I have plenty of other diversions game-wise when I need a Sims break - I've already tripled the time in the base game that I put into 3 so I'm pretty pleased there, despite the caveats I have with certain parts of the game. Looking forward to the EP though - short of something catastrophic, I feel comfortable picking it up at this point.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    Lex2221 wrote: »
    If I'm off I can play it all day I'll start when I wake up and then before I know it it's dark outside. Then I reflect on all the things I could've done instead of playing all day long.

Yep, I know that one. I especially had this problem when Sims 4 first came out.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    II can play for hours, but usually I read a book in between on my e-reader, but I like multitasking... I always did that even with Sims 1,2 etc