Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how long can you play the sims 4?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    When I first got the game back in September, I had a few sessions which lasted about an hour each. I tried building, which feels to me to be so lacking. I also had the issue where dragging a roof would cause my game to crash, figured that out after a few crashes. It was fixed in a patch after that and hasn't happened since but I haven't tried building again more than maybe twice. I just don't feel it and it was what I was looking forward to the most.

As far as game play? There were a few sessions which also may have lasted upwards of an hour each. I worked on developing my two sims and their skills and completing collections. For quite some time the longest I have been actively playing the game might be 10 or 15 minutes. Generally it is less than five minutes and I close without saving.

Compared to how I play TS3, it is pretty sad. I still play TS3 very often, almost every day. I still love to build. If I have a day off work - like yesterday, and nothing else important to do, I load up the game about six am. I might spend a few hours building, go off and do real life an hour or so, come back and play with what I built for a few hours, take a break and do something else, come back and play... maybe work on my world, maybe make a few sims in CAS and save for later... the game doesn't get shut down until eight or nine at night and throughout the day I will have played for many hours.
  • Options
    Merleawe91Merleawe91 Posts: 65 Member
    Usually when I am in school I am able to play a lot during my days off and hardly play during the week. However now that my summer classes are over and I FINALLY have a little bit of vacation time, I am playing 4-6 hours a day. I am SO enjoying just relaxing and I hopefully I can finally play all of the careers from GTW. However I am sad that come September I won't have too much time to play until at least December because of an Internship.
    tumblr_mskwyi1Ocl1shsxzto1_500%201_zpsecj1snov.gif
  • Options
    RoffeyGleshRoffeyGlesh Posts: 579 Member
    Interesting topics and conversations about mindset - I feel exactly the same - i think my mindset changed and caused me to want to play even more - I don't know what it was, perhaps the fact its becoming more cohesive. But yeah, I can play for a few hours now without getting bored. The Sims 3, I could have played longer but the lagginess and bugginess just irritated me so much.

Sims 2? Can still play that for a day straight, even The Sims 1!
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    At the moment, a couple of hours every day. But it's probably gonna drop drastically when I start in school again.
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    To be honest I'm surprised I've been playing The Sims 4 for this long usually I just play games for a little bit then stop playing them entirely, I still get immersed in the game from time to time, I usually spend about 6 hours on a slow day lol but I don't play as often now, mainly playing other games like Dragon Age and Life Is Strange.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    Hours, better not count.^^. I played a 'colony' with thought up rules for a while and my building, and my regular families and- nope, no boredom. Since I don't care about toddlers in real life or in game and everything else is entertaining I don't have a problem. I would love a terrain tool, but without something that really cripples myplaystyle I take it as a challenge.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Depends, but if I'm really feeling it and want to play it, I may play it for a whole day though I need to stop for eating xD.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1