Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how long can you play the sims 4?

i can probably play 3 to 4 hours in a if I'm not busy. how much time can you spend playing?

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited March 2015
    When it first came out, I couldn't stop playing. After December. It gets about 3 days a month at best. I have to admit it's a better run than S3 got from me.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Usually not more than half an hr at a time, which is a first for me with sims 4. Before I used to easily get lost and immersed in my game with the previous sims games and would play for hours nonstop.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    A lot.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    A few hours and I'm done. I could play S1 and S2 forever. S3 kept my attention for many hours at a time but not as much as the first two. S4 just doesn't keep my attention very long.
  • Options
    mechanicalfetusmechanicalfetus Posts: 117 Member
    If I'm building, an hour, maybe an hour and a half. If it's regular gameplay, maybe thirty minutes.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    An hour here and there. There's not much yet to keep me interested longer. Right now that's about the same length of time Sims 3 could keep my interest. Sims 2, I could play every free moment I had, and that's what I still play the most.
  • Options
    br0bertobr0berto Posts: 170 Member
    @Cabelle1863 i would play the sims 2 all summer long haha and when the ultimate collection came out for free a while back i was so happy.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am having a hard time staying engaged these days.

I played Sims 1 and 2 all day and all night. It was a bit ridiculous...lol
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    br0berto wrote: »
    @Cabelle1863 i would play the sims 2 all summer long haha and when the ultimate collection came out for free a while back i was so happy.

I'm of the belief that the release of the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is by far the best thing they have done in a very long time. The Sims 4 patches for pools, ghosts, & additional careers were cool beans, but the Sims 2 UC knocked it out of the park. <3

• Options
    br0berto wrote: »

I'm of the belief that the release of the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is by far the best thing they have done in a very long time. The Sims 4 patches for pools, ghosts, & additional careers were cool beans, but the Sims 2 UC knocked it out of the park. <3

it totally was, it brought me back to the good ol days, i'm actually getting the itch to start playing the sims 2 now lol.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited March 2015
    Not too long at a time. I've been going back to the Sims 1 and 2 a bit and enjoying those. I think max an hour before I get bored and switch screens or shut it off. I usually play Plants vs Zombies during it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LoveKybabyLoveKybaby Posts: 90 Member
    I used to play it a lot but now I'm kind of forcing myself to play it in order to set my sims up for Get to Work and just to move them along.
    Gif_zpsabk3us37.gif
  • Options
    AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    > @colton147 said:
    > A lot.

I'm with you on this. I can play a lot.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited March 2015
    0 seconds in a day, 0 minutes in a day, 0 hours in a day, 0 days in 0 months

I'm not even kidding you, the last time I posted in Favorite Screenshot was the very last time I've played.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Not very long I am afraid and hardly at all. If I turn it on I have it on pause most of the time.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I am having a hard time staying engaged these days.

I played Sims 1 and 2 all day and all night. It was a bit ridiculous...lol

I've passed out in my chair playing S2. Then again, I've been doing it on the sofa while listening to music. I think I'm just getting old.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    -0 hours.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited March 2015
    before december, in midle of november i had 1000+ hours played, until finally, the load screens, broken emotions, lack of continuity, made stop to play at nearly "non" stop for hours(before i easy played 8+ hours) nowadays i play between 1minute and 2 hours( if i start to play the game then go to look at internet or start to play others game or just forget the game last for 2 hours, otherwise is between 5 to 30 minutes based on the time i lost in the load screens), is 10 days since the last day i played, well since i bought the sims 3 i almost forget the sims 4 exist in my pc, well nowadays when i log the sims is more "to create new sims" or new houses then logout i can't stand to the boring gameplay (at last boring for me) i one day i started the game then 5 minutes later fall sleep in the bad(was playing with my no cable keyboard) then 4 hours later i wake up with the game runing then lookd at the game then see some of my sims died playing on pc or using telescopes then i shutdown the game then only get to play again 3 to 4 days later of anger.

since december i had a total of 30 hours played or something like that.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    10 minutes at the most but I just started a new save that I'm having fun with.. for now.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    If I'm off I can play it all day I'll start when I wake up and then before I know it it's dark outside. Then I reflect on all the things I could've done instead of playing all day long.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    Lex2221 wrote: »
    If I'm off I can play it all day I'll start when I wake up and then before I know it it's dark outside. Then I reflect on all the things I could've done instead of playing all day long.

i've definitely been there.
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Very briefly.
    tumblr_static_cjymw1t3uzkgws8ss04k40w04.jpg
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited March 2015
    Hmm, I think I spend more time looking at new CC and mods than actually playing. Maybe 2 hours per month? I get bored with it very quickly.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2015
    eh an hour at best, depends on the new CC I wanna try out. that's not so bad really.
    mortia wrote: »
    Hmm, I think I spend more time looking at new CC and mods than actually playing. Maybe 2 hours per month? I get bored very quickly.

Yeah that sounds sorta like me lol the CC is the only thing that keeps me going so far.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    10 minutes or less.

-The lack of content
    -The present bugs
    -The locked up world
    -Sims always stopping your assignment to go talk to other Sims rather than go to the bathroom or eat so they pee themselves or die
    -The annoying Sims ALWAYS bugging on dates "HEY WHAT YOU DOING?! HUH HUH HUH?! IMMA GET UP IN YO FACE! HUH UH UH?!"

The expansion packs and game packs will no doubt just add onto the cons list. The first game pack already did. I REALLY hope they, or modders most likely modders, will fix the annoying group conversation thing so I can go outside and have a romantic evening WITHOUT the annoying Sims butting in trying to steal her away so I cannot fulfill the requirements (for some stupid reason they added that 🐸🐸🐸🐸) and fail the date.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1