Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Before & After *come share yours!*

Comments

• Options
    BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    I like the colors too!!

Thanks Samm!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    So I tried one of the brown palettes and took a bit more time trying to figure this one out...I kinda like it.

Before:
    16691371769_3adcee50d4_h.jpg

After:
    16671383777_cf272b41df_h.jpg

And I like the effect:
    16877695961_31fdbf032e_h.jpg
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    ninisims1ninisims1 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Beech, that looks amazing! Think I am going to give it a go again, too. You are inspiring me :)
    regHM6o_zpszz2n2zsu.png
  • Options
    plumrobertplumrobert Posts: 151 Member
    Cheerio I love love love the candy theme and the hair. It looks great!

Beech, that one looks SO REALISTIC! It looks really good. Much better! Are you using an action for the effect on the final image? I love the effect so much <3
  • Options
    Thanks Nini! I'm happier with this one than the other. I can't wait to see yours!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    Thanks Plum!! I am, it's some vintage effect I found on Deviant Art
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    SassyDanaSassyDana Posts: 2,375 Member
    Gorgeous Beech! You're getting amazinger and amazinger by the second .. literally! lol

You inspired me to work on my hair drawing as well .. trying out a different technique and brush this time, not sure how I feel about it.

*ignore the choppy edges and minor errors - im lazy lol

Before

2luqs9h.jpg

After

2ymzksj.png
    110zzsw.gif
  • Options
    cheerio517cheerio517 Posts: 817 Member
    The edges are a little choppy, but the shaping is awesome! I can never get good wavy/curly hair shapes.
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    I'm absolutely jealous of your guys' hair drawing skills! All I can do is go over in game hairs. :#
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • Options
    Curly hair is like the bane of my existence. I just can't get the curls to look right when I draw them. You did a good job Dana!

Tay, everyone starts somewhere right? Judging by your sig, you make awesome pictures! Look at all the 'Winner' banners you have. No reason to be jealous, you're clearly awesome!
  • Options

I love this person's actions on photoshop. I especially love the Sunlight and Sundown ones.
  • Options
    jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    I always forget about actions. I don't know what it is! I really should start because I always get super lazy at the end of my edits and I feel it probably would make then look so much better.
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    plumrobert wrote: »
    Curly hair is like the bane of my existence. I just can't get the curls to look right when I draw them. You did a good job Dana!

Tay, everyone starts somewhere right? Judging by your sig, you make awesome pictures! Look at all the 'Winner' banners you have. No reason to be jealous, you're clearly awesome!

Thank you, plum!

As far as hair drawing, I have no idea where to start. I mean, the shape obviously, but that's where I struggle. Is there anything to help with that?

SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • Options
    Jillie, your photos are SO GOOD already. If you started using actions, you'd be unstoppable. :P

Tay: Honestly I'd say just google hair styles similar to what you want to draw and then copy it. Heh, sorry if that isn't much help. It's what I do though.
  • Options
    jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    The shape is in my opinion one of the most important things. It's what's really going to make or break your hair. If you can't tell it's gonna be natural flowing hair before you start applying texture it's probably not going to turn out as best as it could.

I am though super lazy so a lot of the time I don't do this when I should. But you should draw it out and have the ends already pulled out, and have it cut out around the parts of the sim it won't be covering.

Leesa actually has the best shaping that I've seen. She actually has her hair done in sections so she has a mapped out area of where to place her textures.
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    IceTigers21IceTigers21 Posts: 810 Member
    I can't hair draw >.< I can do very simple straight styles or like a ponytail but I have trouble with shaping too so anything flowing or curly....haha :p Usually I'm too lazy to try unless I need to...maybe I'll give it another whirl though, because I think I'll need to try for my Simspiration picture!
    Siggy_zpsvy6uc9hh.gif

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I have been practicing the hair drawing and....lol....um, yeah. Still trying though!

@plumrobert...I LIVE for actions! I used to have a lot but whittled them down to a few :)
    regHM6o_zpszz2n2zsu.png
  • Options
    ninisims1 wrote: »
    I have been practicing the hair drawing and....lol....um, yeah. Still trying though!

@plumrobert...I LIVE for actions! I used to have a lot but whittled them down to a few :)

I have 50+ actions. Love 'em! I don't think I could give any up. Totally a hoarder.

Ava: I believe in you! Anyone can be great at anything as long as they try. You totally got this!
  • Options
    plumrobert wrote: »

I love this person's actions on photoshop. I especially love the Sunlight and Sundown ones.

OOoh those are pretty! I have such a hard time finding actions I actually like. These vintage ones are about the only ones I like and I can't for the life of me remember who made them!!

6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    I always forget about actions. I don't know what it is! I really should start because I always get super lazy at the end of my edits and I feel it probably would make then look so much better.

I love them. they are fun and add a finishing touch, but I don't always use them :)

6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    I can't hair draw >.< I can do very simple straight styles or like a ponytail but I have trouble with shaping too so anything flowing or curly....haha :p Usually I'm too lazy to try unless I need to...maybe I'll give it another whirl though, because I think I'll need to try for my Simspiration picture!

I'm with you. I can't do curly hair very well AT ALL!!

6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    Okay, the result....
    Before:
    Screenshot-725_zpsjntgwhpe.jpg

After:
    Screenshot-725_zpspj7dwplp.png
    regHM6o_zpszz2n2zsu.png
  • Options
    datscoolestdatscoolest Posts: 1,014 Member
    I might try hair drawing again, now with these colour palettes I think my shading and highlighting will be a lot better but ahh so much to do so little time, might see if I can do this tonight
    I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they're like:

"what are you doing here?"

and I'm like:

"oh, you know, hunting elephants"

• Options
    datscoolestdatscoolest Posts: 1,014 Member
    ninisims1 wrote: »
    Okay, the result....
    Before:
    Screenshot-725_zpsjntgwhpe.jpg

After:
    Screenshot-725_zpspj7dwplp.png

I like it :)
    I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they're like:

"what are you doing here?"

and I'm like:

"oh, you know, hunting elephants"

• Options
    That looks good Nini :) I have issues making short hair look less flat.
    6rj4Q13.png