Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you, @Vinisha My sim now has a baby and she is turning into a child. Is it correct that I can't control her? That means she can't do any homework? Would the child be taken away if they perform badly at school? My sim's husband is just lazing around watching TV all day and not helping at all. He doesn't even clean the dirty dishes or water my plants. He's just using up my electricity. Can I kick him out of the house?

Sorry about all the questions.
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @popettypop2012 Keep the questions coming...I don't mind 1 bit!! :smile:
    Thank you, @Vinisha My sim now has a baby and she is turning into a child. Is it correct that I can't control her? That means she can't do any homework? Would the child be taken away if they perform badly at school?
    That IS correct...NO playing the heir....or any other household members 4 that matter.
    Here r some tips 4 getting non-playable Sims 2 do homework:
    -Paint Mathematical Diagram & hang it up (or 2...or 3)
    -Add in any other Focusing decor/items (fossils, TS3 reward lamp etc.)
    -Play With interaction & play chess, cards, llama game, video games (makes them focused)
    There r other ways..but this should get u started!! Once those Sims r focused they have a tendency 2 auto-do their homework
    My sim's husband is just lazing around watching TV all day and not helping at all. He doesn't even clean the dirty dishes or water my plants. He's just using up my electricity. Can I kick him out of the house?
    While u CANNOT kick household members out since once they have moved-in they cannot move out...here r a couple things u can try/do
    -That Sim COULD meet his demise somehow there on your lot >:)
    -When your Main Sim (The only playable Sim) is home...do group activities together w/the non-playable Sims...when they gain skills in activities..they will have a tendency 2 perform those actions autonomously
    Get creative :smile:

I hope some of these tips were helpful!! Happy Drifting!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    hi @Vinisha, Thank you so much for your tips. Once I have enough money, I'm going to get a chess board for my sim's kid. Also, I bought an easel because my sims is creative and she wants an easel (although she is also a genius and she works as a scientist). The strange thing is, my sim's hubby starts going to it and did some painting :)

If I want to share some pictures, do I need to make a WP blog like the other Simmers? Or should I make a thread on the forum? Do you think anyone would be interested?

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    hi @Vinisha, Thank you so much for your tips. Once I have enough money, I'm going to get a chess board for my sim's kid. Also, I bought an easel because my sims is creative and she wants an easel (although she is also a genius and she works as a scientist). The strange thing is, my sim's hubby starts going to it and did some painting :)

If I want to share some pictures, do I need to make a WP blog like the other Simmers? Or should I make a thread on the forum? Do you think anyone would be interested?

You can make blog or a thread on the forum. Your choice. Also another tip for next challenge. Don't have your heir have their 1st child right away. If you wait a while before doing 'try for baby' then you will have more time to work on the challenge before the heir reaches YA. I came VERY close more than once of not completing on time. lol It's awesome to hear of your progress, so yes! There will be interest in seeing how you are doing. :smile:

• Options
    Thank you so much, @Rawla. And I'm definitely going to delay having a baby next time. I don't know if you've done the Scientist career yet but it's so frustrating. I'm always on the edge of my seat whenever my sim goes to work because I want her to complete the tasks as soon as possible but sometimes her colleagues just won't cooperate.
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @Rawla. And I'm definitely going to delay having a baby next time. I don't know if you've done the Scientist career yet but it's so frustrating. I'm always on the edge of my seat whenever my sim goes to work because I want her to complete the tasks as soon as possible but sometimes her colleagues just won't cooperate.

I'm currently doing house 006. I know your pain. lol Hang in there. :smile:
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    I just started House 001 last night. My lot is valued at 21,000 so I'm getting close, but I just had to completely rebuild the kitchen (which wasn't planned) because the bathroom suddenly glitched out and no one could use it in it's original location. Lol - it's a lot easy to move around in now, but not quite as fun looking. Hopefully I'll get enough money for a pool and landscaping in time.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    Hi @rawla and @ra3rei and @MsPrissy88 Do you guys have blogs about your challenge? I'd love to see what you have done with the challenge.
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi @rawla and @ra3rei and @MsPrissy88 Do you guys have blogs about your challenge? I'd love to see what you have done with the challenge.

I have a youtube channel with my Let's Play videos. You can check it out here. At the moment, I only have 7 videos up. Real life has kept me very busy -- along with a problem a few months ago, that kept me from doing any playing of my Sims 4 game (computer related). But you will (I hope) get the gist of how to play by watching.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    There's a mishmash of ways Drifters r sharing their stories...YouTube LP's or slideshows, blogs, pictures here or in other threads or on Twitter....u may share them wherever u like!! I would ask that if u post about a certain house that u use the designated threads 4 them instead of this main page. There r Drifters that DO NOT like spoilers so that helps in that aspect. :smile:
    IF u do anything away from the threads I have set up...PLEASE leave me a link so I can add that info on the appropriate thread & follow along as well. I follow every Drifter I catch wind of...so I need reminders when there have been updates 2 blogs etc. -k-
    I'f you'd like 2 c everyone that I've found....there is a list after the rules on each house thread of YouTubers & Bloggers..hope that helps!!
    OOOOH & btw...that's awesome that your Sim husband started painting...finally he is useful LOL
    ra3rei wrote: »
    I just started House 001 last night. My lot is valued at 21,000 so I'm getting close, but I just had to completely rebuild the kitchen (which wasn't planned) because the bathroom suddenly glitched out and no one could use it in it's original location. Lol - it's a lot easy to move around in now, but not quite as fun looking. Hopefully I'll get enough money for a pool and landscaping in time.
    Hello! & Welcome 2 The Drifter Challenge!! It's always 2 have new people join our family :smiley:
    Sry about your bathroom glitching..that's no fun. I'd love 2 c your house...do u have pics?!

*If u have Drifter creations....Lots, rooms, Sims...add them 2 the Gallery #DrifterChallenge so others can find them easier*

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Vihisha wrote: »
    There's a mishmash of ways Drifters r sharing their stories...YouTube LP's or slideshows, blogs, pictures here or in other threads or on Twitter....u may share them wherever u like!! I would ask that if u post about a certain house that u use the designated threads 4 them instead of this main page. There r Drifters that DO NOT like spoilers so that helps in that aspect. :smile:
    IF u do anything away from the threads I have set up...PLEASE leave me a link so I can add that info on the appropriate thread & follow along as well. I follow every Drifter I catch wind of...so I need reminders when there have been updates 2 blogs etc. -k-
    I'f you'd like 2 c everyone that I've found....there is a list after the rules on each house thread of YouTubers & Bloggers..hope that helps!!
    OOOOH & btw...that's awesome that your Sim husband started painting...finally he is useful LOL
    ra3rei wrote: »
    Hello! & Welcome 2 The Drifter Challenge!! It's always 2 have new people join our family :smiley:
    Sry about your bathroom glitching..that's no fun. I'd love 2 c your house...do u have pics?!

*If u have Drifter creations....Lots, rooms, Sims...add them 2 the Gallery #DrifterChallenge so others can find them easier*

Will do and share... somehow. right now its my "for fun challenge" I really don't need another story to write...and I'm not quite ready to youtube for real. But I'm 7 days from YA and about 4k from my goal! Super excited. So expect me on the specific threads at least
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I thought I'd share my founder, Poppy Patterson in this thread. I am in the process of making a wordpress blog but I want to get enough pictures before I share it here.

06-02-16_114048nbspAM_zpsmuokwn6v.png

And here's my first house, it's currently worth about 16,000 simoleons. It is really plain with one tree and a small gardening area outside. As you can see from the picture, the plants are full of bugs and a bit dry. My founder has not much time for gardening after work because she has to attend to broken toilets, dirty plates and many other things her useless husband left for her.

06-05-16_43123nbspPM_zpsz6mrxcgx.png

This is my heir, Aria Patterson. She just turned into a teenager so I guess I don't have much time :( Amazingly, she is doing okay without help from me. She is a B student and does her homework every few days.

06-05-16_44617nbspPM_zpsgbdclasc.png
  • Options

I've become way too lazy in my old young-ish age. I do not have a blog. I share updates periodically on the challenge threads here in the forum from time to time.
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I thought I'd share my founder, Poppy Patterson in this thread. I am in the process of making a wordpress blog but I want to get enough pictures before I share it here.

06-02-16_114048nbspAM_zpsmuokwn6v.png

And here's my first house, it's currently worth about 16,000 simoleons. It is really plain with one tree and a small gardening area outside. As you can see from the picture, the plants are full of bugs and a bit dry. My founder has not much time for gardening after work because she has to attend to broken toilets, dirty plates and many other things her useless husband left for her.

06-05-16_43123nbspPM_zpsz6mrxcgx.png

This is my heir, Aria Patterson. She just turned into a teenager so I guess I don't have much time :( Amazingly, she is doing okay without help from me. She is a B student and does her homework every few days.

06-05-16_44617nbspPM_zpsgbdclasc.png

Awesome!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Rawla wrote: »

I've become way too lazy in my old young-ish age. I do not have a blog. I share updates periodically on the challenge threads here in the forum from time to time.

LOL!! Too funny, @Rawla

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    @popettypop - NICE house! Well done. #thumbsup
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Thank you @rawla and I totally understand your point. I'm horrible at taking pictures and it sometimes takes the fun out of playing.

@MsPrissy88 thank you, and I will check your YouTube channel soon.
  • Options
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited June 2016
    @Vihisha Every time I see another #Drifter_Challenge update I marvel at what a brilliant idea you have presented. I love that there are so many diverse goals included with each new chapter. Bravo on creating such a timeless and interesting challenge.
    #Keep_On_Drifting
    :+1:
  • Options
  • Options
    @Rawla I just cannot bring myself to demolish all those lovely lots to get started ;)

I totally understand. They are very beautiful.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @Rawla I just cannot bring myself to demolish all those lovely lots to get started ;)

That's why you use the save that already has the lots already demolished. Then you don't have to demolish them yourself :D

As for myself, I'm thinking about starting and documenting it. But I tend to go plot filled when I do stories and I have to figure out how to handle the starting situations for each generation (contemplating a society where when you grow up you are legally entitled to $0 money, but you're granted a plot of land - it also would explain how other Sims aren't so shocked that you don't have a proper house...).
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »

That's why you use the save that already has the lots already demolished. Then you don't have to demolish them yourself :D

As for myself, I'm thinking about starting and documenting it. But I tend to go plot filled when I do stories and I have to figure out how to handle the starting situations for each generation (contemplating a society where when you grow up you are legally entitled to $0 money, but you're granted a plot of land - it also would explain how other Sims aren't so shocked that you don't have a proper house...).

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Story plots are fun to see developed around the base of a challenge. :smiley:
  • Options
    @ra3rei sounds good 2 me :smile:

@popettypop2012 Poppy is adorable & I LOVE your house!!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top