Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    OK Awesome!! I was hoping it wasn't rude sounding or anything :smile: THX 4 the feedback @Rawla
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    Oooh thanks Vi. I was told this was a loophole so I will admit I've been doing it in my game for extra simoleons. I've pretty much finished House 001 now, just still waiting on Kash to age up but I'd prefer to play as closely to the rules as poss so for House 002 I don't think I'll do the same thing. <3
    untitled-1.png

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Vihisha wrote: »
    People get confused about what is actually IN the rules when false information is spread (4 example: breeding frogs on multiple Sims even when those Sims r not playable). I know that there's nothing that SPECIFICALLY addresses breeding frogs in non-playable Sims' inventories, but it IS an action being performed when u choose the "breed frog" option....so TECHNICALLY it is not allowed. I've had Drifters asking if it's something I recently added in an updated set of rules or something because they saw so many Drifters doing it. Apparently someone had said that it was a loophole & that I said it was ok. It's not a loophole...& if I said anything about it being ok...it would have been something like this (because this is how I c this challenge & the rule sets) This is YOUR game...I just made some rules 2 play by...whether u chose 2 follow them 100% or not...that is your choice. The game is meant 2 b played 4 FUN & if you're no longer having fun...then it's lost its purpose. The Drifter Challenge Rules r in place so that it remains...just that...a challenge. When u stumble upon loopholes or tricks that make things easier...(& u choose 2 do them)...that's fine. But please b mindful that these loopholes were not intended 2 b done necessarily. That being said....please do not go onto other Drifter's Let's Plays etc. & promote that they do said loopholes/tricks in their games. The rules r already long enough, & I'd rather not start listing all the loopholes & adding them into the rules of "do not's" yanno?!
    I'm sry if this post sounds like a rant...I'm just not sure how else 2 word this & felt it needed 2 b addressed.

I don't think you sound rude either. I always thought non-playable meant just that. You can't play them period. That means no collecting, fishing, frog breeding ect. LOL. How can a non-playable Sim get a frog anyway? <<Not meant to be answered. I know you can give them one but in reality you are supposed to go out and get them in order for a Sim to have one. And non-playable people don't usually magically have frogs LOL.

Anyway, glad it was addressed so people know in the future that is not allowed. LOL..I am just surprised it was an issue. :o But in any event, glad it is cleared up. I will get back to drifting. I just have been doing other things lately. However, I do plan to make a return. :) Happy Drifting everyone.
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Hi everyone! and just want to say ditto to everything Glimmer said :smiley:
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Even though I had someone come on to one of my Let's Play videos and start "bashing" that I was controlling the heir -- after his parents both died (by the cow plant)......... remember that one?? ......... that was MY decision to redo THIS WHOLE THING. I didn't appreciate said viewer "bashing" at what I was doing. It took me FOR--EVER to get to that point. Especially after the "how many times" I had to restart this challenge in the first place! And if that particular viewer IS playing your challenge right now, I hope that person is happy.

Yes, THIS IS a rant!

(sorry, @Vi)

But YOU ARE RIGHT @Vi. Your rules are NOT written in cement! They are -- (like the 1st Pirates of the Caribbean) -- actual GUIDELINES.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Weathie wrote: »
    Oooh thanks Vi. I was told this was a loophole so I will admit I've been doing it in my game for extra simoleons. I've pretty much finished House 001 now, just still waiting on Kash to age up but I'd prefer to play as closely to the rules as poss so for House 002 I don't think I'll do the same thing. <3
    Don't worry about it @ all...I had seen a few Drifters being told 2 do it so... I'm SO SO SO excited 4 your House 002!! I love watching your Let's Play series...THX 4 sharing it! <3
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Anyway, glad it was addressed so people know in the future that is not allowed. LOL..I am just surprised it was an issue. :o But in any event, glad it is cleared up. I will get back to drifting. I just have been doing other things lately. However, I do plan to make a return. :) Happy Drifting everyone.
    thank-u so much 4 the feedback! :smile: I think someone THOUGHT that they were doing the Drifters all a favor letting them in on some money making secrets etc. I just wanted 2 address it before it got people all out of whack ha ha ha
    I hope everything is going good in your neck of the woods. :smile:
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    Hi Tammy!! :smiley: Good 2 c ya!!

@MsPrissy88 I'm sry u got backlash about how you're choosing 2 play :neutral:

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Weathie wrote: »
    Don't worry about it @ all...I had seen a few Drifters being told 2 do it so... I'm SO SO SO excited 4 your House 002!! I love watching your Let's Play series...THX 4 sharing it! <3
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    thank-u so much 4 the feedback! :smile: I think someone THOUGHT that they were doing the Drifters all a favor letting them in on some money making secrets etc. I just wanted 2 address it before it got people all out of whack ha ha ha
    I hope everything is going good in your neck of the woods. :smile:
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    Hi Tammy!! :smiley: Good 2 c ya!!

@MsPrissy88 I'm sry u got backlash about how you're choosing 2 play :neutral:

Girl, you don't even want to know the problems I am having with trying to get my husbands car licensed in the great state of SC. We are leasing the car so SC wants the original title and Ford Credit wants a letter requesting it. The DMV says they can't produce a letter for a car that doesn't exist in their state. The fact I paid taxes for the invisible car means nothing to the DMV because the offices are not connected. I finally pleaded with Ford Credit and they are sending the dang title but this has been WEEKS and WEEKS of talking to people. I just thought I would spare you the horrible details. Needless to say between that and going on interviews which is a whole other issue, I haven't gotten to play much. I have been doing quite a bit of building though. So, I might be putting out some houses soon. I seem to have the building bug. Once I get done with this little challenge I am doing, I will come back to drifting. I miss it. <3 I just needed a break from the Banks.

Also, I have given up trying to find a job at this point. My son and family are coming to stay with me in two weeks and will be here for a month. I seriously can not wait to see my grand babies. And to finally get to know them. I have lived so far from my son in the past we haven't seen much of each other for the last 13 years but now we are 5 hours apart and he is going to Japan for 3 years...go Navy LOL. Just when we get close they transfer him. Figures LOL.

Can't believe a couple of you started over. Glad to see you still playing @MsPrissy88 Sorry to hear about all your computer woes though.

Hiya @tammyjo329

Also a big hello to all the new drifters and anyone I missed. @AllieMac @Rawla @MocaJava

SO, that is my life right now. Happy Drifting all. I will be back. :)<3
  • Options
    @Glimmer50 Uuuuugh that sounds like QUITE the nightmare :neutral:
    I hope u have time in your busy life 2 take a deep breath & relax playing or just doing whatever it is that u want!! OOOOh the building bug! Whatcha' creating?! I'd love 2 know!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Hiya @Tammy!

Hey @Glimmer!! Yeah..... it's been SO long since I last played. But I really don't want to get too far ahead in my game. WHY?? you're asking. Because I still have 3 videos ready to be uploaded -- which that in itself will take houuuurrrs -- and I have 3 more videos that I still need to edit. And all of those *would have been* taken care of had I not run into the problems I did. But.... that's now in the past. For now, I have my drifter save tucked away so I can easily pull it back out whenever I want to play.

is it Memorial weekend yet?! :D:p
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Hey MsPrissy! Yes I'm still around ... just been real busy and though I have not given up on the drifter challenge. It has taken a back seat to other real life complications going on in my life right now, and I have been delving back into CAW and updating my old world.

I think I am still on house 11 or 12 LOL I am going to have to load up Sims 4 later tonight and see which one I left off on :smiley:

Hope you all have a lovely day! Hugz everyone :p
  • Options
    @tammyjo329 What world were u working on?! I'm assuming you're talking about TS3?!
    *hugs all around*
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Hi Vihisha! and Hugz :smiley:

Yes I've been updating my TS3 worlds ... well 2 of them anyway: Izabo Atol where I added bridges to connect all of the islands the new version simply named Izabo Atol 2, and Felicity Isles where I rebuilt it on a larger map so I could add dive lots and it's new name is Felicity Isles Revisited! You can check them out on my blog if you want to see what I've been doing between work and taking my hubby to doctor appointments. https://tammy329.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    That's wonderful!!! I'll definitely check them out @tammyjo329 :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    I started this two days ago and I love it :) I'm not doing a blog or videos but I'm sharing a lot of snippet picture updates on my Twitter
    http://twitter.com/julyveegaming

Here are a few examples of what my "Updates" look like ^^

I can't wait to get to house two :) I'm really enjoying this challenge.
  • Options
    HI July Vee,
    I do not have a twitter account, but I love your pics. Thanks for sharing them! Gotta love the face plant only inches away from a comfortable bed. LOL :smiley:
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @Glimmer50 Uuuuugh that sounds like QUITE the nightmare :neutral:
    I hope u have time in your busy life 2 take a deep breath & relax playing or just doing whatever it is that u want!! OOOOh the building bug! Whatcha' creating?! I'd love 2 know!

I finished this house and put it on the gallery: https://www.thesims.com/gallery/ED7BBFBB1C5011E68559B8400C38F23A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Glimmer50&max=50&maxis=false

Cotton Candy Cottage

I also made a Victorian, Blue beach kind of house, another small cottage where the roof is driving me insane LOL. I also remade the Gingerbread House from Sims 3 but with my own spin on it. I love how it turned out but I need to decorate all these houses. Oh and I built a colorful boho type house. Plus, I built a Gray Stone type house that I actually really like. It is rustic.

Nothing is decorated just all shells except the Cotton Candy one I put on the gallery.

Oh yeah and I can't forget my Green stone cottage I made too. I still need to decorate the inside of that. That one has pictures on a thread called Cottages. I changed the trim to a natural looking green since then because the neon was driving me a little nuts. See here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/883538/cottage-challenge/p1

OMG and I forgot about my two Mid-Century Modern houses I made that I still need to decorate. WOW. I have been crazy building LOL.

Oh yeah and I almost forgot about my Nantucket Cove remake I am working on too. Geez, I need to stop building and decorate some of this stuff. LOL. Guess I went a little nuts. :)
  • Options
    Hi Glimmer!
    Your houses are just wonderful. I love both the cotton candy and green stone cottages! CYA later Hugz :smiley:
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 I've been enjoying all your Twitter pics...THX 4 sharing them! :smile:

@Glimmer50 SUCH beautiful builds! & yeah..u have been on a building kick!! :smiley:

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Hello everyone, just thinking of trying this challenge out. Hopefully I'm not too late. I'm making my sim at the moment. Is it right that I have to evict everyone out of their houses and then delete all the lots?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hello everyone, just thinking of trying this challenge out. Hopefully I'm not too late. I'm making my sim at the moment. Is it right that I have to evict everyone out of their houses and then delete all the lots?

Welcome!! You're not too late. You can join this challenge any time you want! As for your question.... YES. You evict everyone out of their houses - you don't necessarily have to delete them - and you also have to bulldoze EVERY house (and every commercial lot) in ALL THE WORLDS. Except for the lots that @Vi specified to keep in Windenburg (provided you have Get Together).

Good Luck!!

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member

Welcome to the drifter challenge! :smiley:
  • Options
    Thank you, @MsPrissy88 and @Rawla :)
  • Options
    @popettypop2012 Hello & welcome!! It's never 2 late 2 start Drifting!! :smiley: I can't wait 2 hear all about your Drifter adventures!!
    THX @MsPrissy88 4 answering...I've been crazy busy & haven't been on social media much this past week.
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you, @Vihisha I am on day 5 and my drifter is FINALLY getting a promotion. They are allowed to work,right?
  • Options
    @popettypop2012 Awesome!! & yes..u r allowed a job or can stay home...no restrictions this house mini-challenge :smile:
    rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top