Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• PlaizealotPlaizealot Posts: 176 Member
    Happy Drifter-versary Vi! Kai should make 3 grilled cheese sandwiches for you!
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Woah it has been a year? Time flies when your having fun. I can't believe that. This is the longest any challenge has kept me interested. That right there is a miracle :) Happy Drifter-versary everyone!!
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Greetings fellow drifters!!!

@Vi - I watched Less's compilation video. That sure was something! Congrats on creating a year's worth of fun for US -- your ever-faithful drifters -- to have fun with.

And on that note........ I am stopping by to let y'all know that I am RESTARTING this challenge as I type this !!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    ohh wow has it been a whole year of drifting? Happy drifter-versary Vihisha and my fellow drifters :D
    Thank-u so much!! I love making this challenge & I love that so many Drifters r here!!! :smiley:
    Plaizealot wrote: »
    Happy Drifter-versary Vi! Kai should make 3 grilled cheese sandwiches for you!
    Thank-u!!! Oooh Grilled Cheese!! But then I might b compelled 2 finish a certain aspiration... :wink:
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Woah it has been a year? Time flies when your having fun. I can't believe that. This is the longest any challenge has kept me interested. That right there is a miracle :) Happy Drifter-versary everyone!!
    I can't believe it's been a whole year...that's just crazy 2 me! I'm so glad that you're here Glimmer...& that you're still Drifting!
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Greetings fellow drifters!!!
    @Vi - I watched Less's compilation video. That sure was something! Congrats on creating a year's worth of fun for US -- your ever-faithful drifters -- to have fun with.
    And on that note........ I am stopping by to let y'all know that I am RESTARTING this challenge as I type this !!
    That video was...just..I have NO words that express how awesome & touching it was/is! THX 4 being a part of this awesome experience! & woohoo...you're starting up again!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    Hi y'all!
    Wow a whole year! That's so awesome! I joined the party a little late, but am so glad that @Vihisha created this wonderful challenge for us! It's been so much fun. And opened up a whole new Sim & blogging world to me. So thank you Mama Bear!

I had intended to catch up on all the threads etc, today/tonight and comment like mad, but I have had a VERY eventful day. So I'm going to have to save all of that for tomorrow and will concentrate on getting Eridan's view posted on House 005 tonight (hopefully). Just needs some polishing and then I'll slap that puppy up there.

And in case anyone's curious about my day...

It started with a blind order that I've been trying to finalize for the past couple of days. (I'm replacing all of the window dressings downstairs with wood blinds.) Well needless to say, the cost is higher than the daily limit on my debit card. So I had the bank raise it for me, and then there was some delay because NONE of my windows are a standard size. So by the time the company processed the payment, the bank had dropped my limit back to normal, so the purchase didn't go through. I then had to call the bank again to tell them to lift it again, then call the blind company to tell them to try again, etc. My bank was nervous about lifting it because fraud levels are excessively high right now and they wanted it back down to normal as quick as possible in case something happened. So because of this, my bank and I were both watching my account very closely, while we waited for the purchase to finalize. And that's when we both noticed that someone had started a day of shopping in Amarillo, TX using my debit card! (which is 6 hours away from me). They immediately shut down my debit card, before I had even called them about it. The damage was only 200 and the bank said they would credit it back as soon as the charges went through my account.

Thank God it was caught before anything serious had happened! I just love my bank. So instead of being in a huge financial nightmare, I just have to deal with waiting for a new card and switching all of my automatic payments to it. (oh fun!) Oh and the blinds - well we still don't know if the order has been finalized. And if all of this wasn't enough - my new fridge was delivered and installed today.

So anyway THAT'S what happened to my free time today. :) At least it had a happy ending. And I'm sure I'll get my blinds - eventually. hehe

Now it's time for me to say hi and wave to my friends: @Vihisha, @Glimmer50, @tammyjo329, @MsPrissy88 especially! And to everyone else, I'd love to know y'all better so I can add you to my little list! :)

In the meantime...
    Have Fun & Happy Drifting Y'all!!
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    AllieMac wrote: »
    Hi y'all!
    Wow a whole year! That's so awesome! I joined the party a little late, but am so glad that @Vihisha created this wonderful challenge for us! It's been so much fun. And opened up a whole new Sim & blogging world to me. So thank you Mama Bear!
    U betcha!! It's been sooo much fun ALL around!!
    & as far as your day goes..... :o that is all...
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited March 2016
    Hey Everyone!! I have been having a blast starting this challenge over! At last count, I have recorded SIX Let's Play videos already!! :# I ran into a few snags since re-starting, but some of them I think were caused by my video card and its recording software. Nothing major.

So! When will the videos be uploaded and ready to be watched?? Well..... I can start editing them throughout this week. But I will have to wait until Thursday night (St Paddy's night, mind you) to start uploading.
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @MsPrissy88 Sounds like you're having fun!!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @MsPrissy88 Sounds like you're having fun!!!

I am!!! I can't wait for y'all to start watching my videos. Especially with what's happening right now!!!

;)

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Sweet!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Hey All !! *waves*

Nothing wrong, but I am putting this challenge on the back burner for a while, to pick up the other one I am also playing. It's rather nerve-wracking when you have SO many videos that were recorded, and then trying to sort through them all. :D So, while I edit the videos for the other challenge game, the videos I recorded for THIS one, are sitting safely tucked away and waiting for my return. In fact, if all goes well, I am hoping to get back into *this* challenge some time next week! Easter break is just around the corner, and I plan on uploading, doing some more recording, and playing my little heart out! B)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Hello again! I've missed you all. I'm back and I'm starting from the beginning with House 001. You can see my Sim I'm using on that forum thread. His name is Jerrod Wolfpack. You can also see him in my gallery. Happy Drifting! :smiley:
    Glad 2 c u here again @Rawla :smiley: Happy Drifting!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Hiya @Rawla!!! Glad to see I'm not the only one who is starting at the beginning again. Although. from the original go-around, you probably went as far as House 10 - didn't you?? lol
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited March 2016
    Hi MsPrissy88! No, I didn't get nearly that far. I was still on House 005 I think. Or 006. I can't remember. Great that we can have fun doing this again together. XD

Edit: Jerrod is married now and his wife is pregnant with their first child(ren). His garden is coming along very nicely.
    I've been editing what Let's Play videos I've already recorded. Got 3 done so far! Now I just have to upload them. And that is going take some time. I hate how youtube takes *its* time. I want to reach inside and PUSH it along! lol But as soon as I have the first one uploaded, you can bet that I'll be back to share the link (or, the actual video itself) with y'all!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    A heads up to all the late drifters out there like me: Apparently last patch for March actually introduced (!!!!) a glitch with the chemistry labb causing us not to be able to create serums. There is an easy (but frustrating) fix. I write about it more in the post for House 004.
    AMB.jpg
    @Bloudwed - Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering *why* I wasn't able to create serums, when the last time I had played, I could. I'll have to look at what you wrote about it.

GEEEES .... Thanks a lot, E A
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    I'm hoping that the patch this Thursday will fix this!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    Thought I'd share the latest part of my Drifter Challenge with you all, Kash aged up and I can't get over how cute he is!!

https://youtu.be/YCI73k_VRCs

untitled-1.png

• SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    Hey Drifters! Long time since I did my last appearance here!
    Little busy with RL right now... but I had time to sneak another chapter for my Drifter House 001 Blog story, so here's the link to that:

The McKenna Legacy | A Drifter Story: 001.8 Remembrance

This one took me awhile to write, and it's kind of a look back on Zuri's younger years. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did creating it!

Happy Drifting!
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
    THX 4 sharing, Drifters :wink:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    People get confused about what is actually IN the rules when false information is spread (4 example: breeding frogs on multiple Sims even when those Sims r not playable). I know that there's nothing that SPECIFICALLY addresses breeding frogs in non-playable Sims' inventories, but it IS an action being performed when u choose the "breed frog" option....so TECHNICALLY it is not allowed. I've had Drifters asking if it's something I recently added in an updated set of rules or something because they saw so many Drifters doing it. Apparently someone had said that it was a loophole & that I said it was ok. It's not a loophole...& if I said anything about it being ok...it would have been something like this (because this is how I c this challenge & the rule sets) This is YOUR game...I just made some rules 2 play by...whether u chose 2 follow them 100% or not...that is your choice. The game is meant 2 b played 4 FUN & if you're no longer having fun...then it's lost its purpose. The Drifter Challenge Rules r in place so that it remains...just that...a challenge. When u stumble upon loopholes or tricks that make things easier...(& u choose 2 do them)...that's fine. But please b mindful that these loopholes were not intended 2 b done necessarily. That being said....please do not go onto other Drifter's Let's Plays etc. & promote that they do said loopholes/tricks in their games. The rules r already long enough, & I'd rather not start listing all the loopholes & adding them into the rules of "do not's" yanno?!
    I'm sry if this post sounds like a rant...I'm just not sure how else 2 word this & felt it needed 2 b addressed.
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Vihisha wrote: »
    People get confused about what is actually IN the rules when false information is spread (4 example: breeding frogs on multiple Sims even when those Sims r not playable). I know that there's nothing that SPECIFICALLY addresses breeding frogs in non-playable Sims' inventories, but it IS an action being performed when u choose the "breed frog" option....so TECHNICALLY it is not allowed. I've had Drifters asking if it's something I recently added in an updated set of rules or something because they saw so many Drifters doing it. Apparently someone had said that it was a loophole & that I said it was ok. It's not a loophole...& if I said anything about it being ok...it would have been something like this (because this is how I c this challenge & the rule sets) This is YOUR game...I just made some rules 2 play by...whether u chose 2 follow them 100% or not...that is your choice. The game is meant 2 b played 4 FUN & if you're no longer having fun...then it's lost its purpose. The Drifter Challenge Rules r in place so that it remains...just that...a challenge. When u stumble upon loopholes or tricks that make things easier...(& u choose 2 do them)...that's fine. But please b mindful that these loopholes were not intended 2 b done necessarily. That being said....please do not go onto other Drifter's Let's Plays etc. & promote that they do said loopholes/tricks in their games. The rules r already long enough, & I'd rather not start listing all the loopholes & adding them into the rules of "do not's" yanno?!
    I'm sry if this post sounds like a rant...I'm just not sure how else 2 word this & felt it needed 2 b addressed.

Very well said Vihisha. You were kind and to the point. I did not see it as a rant but rather informative. Thanks. *hugs*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top