Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Also, may be uploading pat 1 of Second Librarian tonight so I will be updating my siggy pic with my new thumbnail soon. So, spoilers if you don't get to see the first part before I do the siggy pic update. LOL!! ;)

yil3f.gif
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    The rules are now updated. For the TARDIS section, you'll find that you are allowed to use two cheats: bb.moveobjects on and bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement. These cheats will give you freedom to decorate your TARDIS so long as you can afford it.
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    My Tardis is redone underground. I LOVE IT SO MUCH (the basements aspect anyway. The Tardis is minor since we aren't rich yet LOL). Love just having a tiny blue cube that is just a front for stairs. Works so much better.
  • Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    I'm still watching you wrestle with First Librarian. So, all he wants to do is hang out with people and read books.....it's almost as if he knows he is The Librarian!
    nastyjman wrote: »
    Heads up gang. I'll be changing the rules on the TARDIS.

Room and home building shall be done underground. That means no rooms or homes above ground; only objects and trees are allowed to be placed above ground. Also, the spaceship is now taken out. If you had purchased it during the challenge, you are allowed to sell it and use a money cheat to recoup the difference.

I wanted to keep it within the bounds of the Doctor Who universe, and it will also be interesting to see what type of TARDISes other players create.

I'm BAAAAAAACK - My my you guys were busy Time Lords while I was away (and serously missing my computer, games, and the interwebs :D)! LOL.

Cool. Ok This means I need to make another update to Second Librarian's Tardis before my next video. I think I finished up with part three before I wrapped up uploading First. I stopped making any more b/c I didn't want to get too back logged. I'll update the Tardis with the new basement patch (which I haven't gotten to play yet but have obsessively watched YouTube videos on) before I record part 4 :D
  • Options
    Ninth Optimist playing around with lab equipment that he probably should leave alone...

w1axEGE.jpg
  • Options
    nettlejuicenettlejuice Posts: 144 Member
    Argh, I wish I could have GTW but I'm waiting for the price to go down a little. So excited to see what your new TARDIS will look like. Welcome back @Spacey72659 I know exactly how you feel, I am so obsessed with Sims, lol.

I'm going to move my rooms underground and might get a swimming pool above ground and make the 'upstairs' more greener.

We can own retail shops if we can afford, right? I am just dying to have the bakery.
  • Options
    Argh, I wish I could have GTW but I'm waiting for the price to go down a little. So excited to see what your new TARDIS will look like. Welcome back @Spacey72659 I know exactly how you feel, I am so obsessed with Sims, lol.

I'm going to move my rooms underground and might get a swimming pool above ground and make the 'upstairs' more greener.

We can own retail shops if we can afford, right? I am just dying to have the bakery.

Absolutely. Your Time Lord can do anything. I made the rules with expansions in mind. The base rules should be compatible with any future EPs. Right now, my Tenth Optimist has "infiltrated" a science lab where he's looking for an invention that could open a gate to another planet.
  • Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    I have to move my TARDIS underground? I only just got up to $1,000! :s
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options

I think it applies when you have enough money to move underground which us why my First lived outdoors and built my TARDIS when I had about 40k saved up.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Did you buy the spaceship? You can sell that or give yourself "kaching" for a refund. I took that out from the current rules so you have enough money to build your TARDIS.
  • Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member

Did you buy the spaceship? You can sell that or give yourself "kaching" for a refund. I took that out from the current rules so you have enough money to build your TARDIS.

I don't think I will, since I have to buy it again anyway. And thanks to frog breeding it'll be easier to afford it.
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    I'm still watching you wrestle with First Librarian. So, all he wants to do is hang out with people and read books.....it's almost as if he knows he is The Librarian!
    Heads up gang. I'll be changing the rules on the TARDIS.

Room and home building shall be done underground. That means no rooms or homes above ground; only objects and trees are allowed to be placed above ground. Also, the spaceship is now taken out. If you had purchased it during the challenge, you are allowed to sell it and use a money cheat to recoup the difference.

I wanted to keep it within the bounds of the Doctor Who universe, and it will also be interesting to see what type of TARDISes other players create.

I'm BAAAAAAACK - My my you guys were busy Time Lords while I was away (and serously missing my computer, games, and the interwebs :D)! LOL.

Cool. Ok This means I need to make another update to Second Librarian's Tardis before my next video. I think I finished up with part three before I wrapped up uploading First. I stopped making any more b/c I didn't want to get too back logged. I'll update the Tardis with the new basement patch (which I haven't gotten to play yet but have obsessively watched YouTube videos on) before I record part 4 :D

Hahaha I never thought of it like that. That's so true though. ;)
    And thanks for watching :D
  • Options
    I am so psyched about GTW - going to start my LP of that today (rendering an update to play with all the new CAS content right now).
    I may need to make an alien and toss them into my Time Lord LP and get the Librarian an alien companion! (After Ethel, of maybe with her since he can have more then one. WHOOO)
  • Options
    Well... it's not a sonic screwdriver that's for sure.

cHgYKJu.jpg
  • Options
    FYI:

There is a bug that resets your collections when you move out a sim from your household. I lost my progress on the MySims since I sold all of them. If you had saved your collections, you can recoup them by adding them in your Time Lord's inventory. Luckily, my space prints are all plastered on my Time Lord's room.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Oh, so the bug only affects the ones you collected bu didn't save basically? (so for me everything HAHAHA). That stinks. But I can live with that I guess, took me this long to even realize you could see the collections (b/c I am dumb LMAO!)

Hmmm, maybe it's b/c it can't tell who collected what in the household..? Is this a new bug with the latest patch or one that you only noticed now? I've never looked after moving sims out before so I never would have noticed (again, b/c I didn't even know about the collection tracker thingy until like a week ago HAHAHA).
  • Options
    Oh, so the bug only affects the ones you collected bu didn't save basically? (so for me everything HAHAHA). That stinks. But I can live with that I guess, took me this long to even realize you could see the collections (b/c I am dumb LMAO!)

Hmmm, maybe it's b/c it can't tell who collected what in the household..? Is this a new bug with the latest patch or one that you only noticed now? I've never looked after moving sims out before so I never would have noticed (again, b/c I didn't even know about the collection tracker thingy until like a week ago HAHAHA).

That might be right--I moved my companions out and it took the collections with them. Grrr.

I think it's a bug with the new patch that's probably connected with the easter eggs. I found a thread about it. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814545/collections-reset
  • Options
    Gah. My Time Lord has a baby-bump thanks to aliens.
  • Options

OMG LUCKY!!
    Well maybe not in this challenge, hahaha. But my scientist wants to get abducted (my GTW LP) and I've played for several sim days and nothing...I keep seeing/hearing about all these abductions. Cripes. I hope mine comes soon. I seriously missed alien pregnancies. They were so funny in Sims 2.

I had the worst luck with Sims 3 - and by worst I mean like nothing exciting happened. Never got abducted (I didn't think they had them in the Sims 3 but then I read they did and I'm like WHAAAAAT? So idk?), never had meteor strikes (ok, one but it only killed my Bonehilda :/ ). And I kept reading all these people having issues all the time with hot messes and my game was like a Utopia. Ugh. LOL.
  • Options
    I kinda think the alien kids should be allowed to stay in this one, since they are conceived by abnormal means. LOL!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I kinda think the alien kids should be allowed to stay in this one, since they are conceived by abnormal means. LOL!

I was thinking that as well. Also, the alien kid is kinda cute. I'm debating whether to lift the ban on Time Lords having kids or not. If kids are allowed, regardless if they were conceived by a Sim or an abduction, the kid will be a half Time Lord. If so, they can "regenerate."

Egads... a family of Time Lords. This could really extend the challenge, turning it into a pseudo-legacy. I think I'm averse to a legacy style challenge since it would complicate the rules. But I may reconsider.
  • Options

OMG LUCKY!!
    Well maybe not in this challenge, hahaha. But my scientist wants to get abducted (my GTW LP) and I've played for several sim days and nothing...I keep seeing/hearing about all these abductions. Cripes. I hope mine comes soon. I seriously missed alien pregnancies. They were so funny in Sims 2.

I had the worst luck with Sims 3 - and by worst I mean like nothing exciting happened. Never got abducted (I didn't think they had them in the Sims 3 but then I read they did and I'm like WHAAAAAT? So idk?), never had meteor strikes (ok, one but it only killed my Bonehilda :/ ). And I kept reading all these people having issues all the time with hot messes and my game was like a Utopia. Ugh. LOL.

I was gathering some crystals and metals at midnight. Then the aliens came. Try gathering some collectibles around that time.
  • Options
    I didn't like the aliens in #3 and my male Sims never got pregnant in all the years I played, lol. Aliens are actually cute so I may want one or two for companions.
  • Options
    I didn't like the aliens in #3 and my male Sims never got pregnant in all the years I played, lol. Aliens are actually cute so I may want one or two for companions.

I know. I grew attached to my kid alien. I was thinking of dumping him in some random household, but... they're so cute! You can change their "disguise" any time you want.

Now that I've thought it over, I think I will lift the ban on Time Lords getting kids. BUT the kids are considered companions. That means your Time Lord's child cannot regenerate and cannot use youth potions. Having them regenerate may complicate the base rules.
  • Options
    Oh, yay. I actually saved my Second so she could start a family with her husband in a different save. Now I can do that in the official file.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top