Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collections reset!

I had a couple with kids who had completed quite a few collections. I moved the oldest child out, and all the collections reset. This is the first time this has happened to me, but it's also the first time I've moved a kid out since the December patch.

Comments

• Options
    MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    edited February 2015
    I cant say this has happened to me, hm. Did you move out your household entirely? Because that would've caused it.

Edit:
    Collections are locked to households, so do you mean when you played as the child, he lost all of his collections? They'll be locked to the previous household he was in.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2015
    Magnezone wrote: »
    I cant say this has happened to me, hm. Did you move out your household entirely? Because that would've caused it.

Edit:
    Collections are locked to households, so do you mean when you played as the child, he lost all of his collections? They'll be locked to the previous household he was in.

No, I didn't move out the entire household. And I am saying when the child moved out, the main household lost all of the collections -- and they didn't go with the child. It's not the worst thing in the world as I already had the curator reward on both parents, but I was so close to completing the fishing one on them and now have to start over. The garden is irrelevant since it will just take pulling the plants out of my family inventory and harvesting those to get it back.

If I'm the only person having this issue, it's a me issue, but I posted it here in case anyone else is as well.

Thank you, though :)

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    When I moved one of my sims in with his gf, he lost all of his collections. He had completed only a couple of them, but he was very close to finishing the fishing one too. I don't know why it resets them when the collection is supposed to be attached to the player isn't it?
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    When I moved one of my sims in with his gf, he lost all of his collections. He had completed only a couple of them, but he was very close to finishing the fishing one too. I don't know why it resets them when the collection is supposed to be attached to the player isn't it?

I thought it was attached to the household. So I can see it happening in that circumstance -- just as if the GF moved in with the household, she'd be able to get credit for them. What I haven't had happen before is the main household losing the collections. Had they moved with the child who moved, I'd have been annoyed but it would have been more understandable.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I'm not seeing this one on @crinrict's list over at EA Answers - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-Bugs/m-p/3445209#U3445209 Might be worth posting there too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »

I thought it was attached to the household. So I can see it happening in that circumstance -- just as if the GF moved in with the household, she'd be able to get credit for them. What I haven't had happen before is the main household losing the collections. Had they moved with the child who moved, I'd have been annoyed but it would have been more understandable.

But he was the household. His collection status should have went with him. Or if I move someone in to his vacant house will they have his collection status?

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member

But he was the household. His collection status should have went with him. Or if I move someone in to his vacant house will they have his collection status?

Worth finding that out! It might help devs solve the problem.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Oh, I misunderstood. You'd think they'd go with him. It may be the same issue I had then. My main household didn't move, but maybe there's an issue sometimes when a move happens.

• Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Happened to me too. Some household members moved out and took all my collections away.

You can recoup most of it if you have the collections on display in your home. You just drag and drop them in your inventory to reclaim that collection item.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    It has happend to me to, but not on 100 percent of moves. I have seen it reported at AHQ but not sure if it's on the bug list. I had assumed the collection belonged to the household not the sim.
  • Options
    Circe344Circe344 Posts: 22 Member
    I have had this happen to all the sims I moved out (3 so far) from a household, collections reset and you have to do them all over again.
    I think it works as intended, cause it would be weird if a household with 8 sims had all collections, then u would never have to work on a collection again, which is imo kinda fun and gives a purpose. Although it can be tedious in the long run if you are a completionist like me. I just go to the main household lot and harvest atleast the plants. Too bad the frogs cant be exchanged xD
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,607 Member
    Circe344 wrote: »
    I have had this happen to all the sims I moved out (3 so far) from a household, collections reset and you have to do them all over again.
    I think it works as intended, cause it would be weird if a household with 8 sims had all collections, then u would never have to work on a collection again, which is imo kinda fun and gives a purpose. Although it can be tedious in the long run if you are a completionist like me. I just go to the main household lot and harvest atleast the plants. Too bad the frogs cant be exchanged xD

With some of the items, if you still have them on the lot, you can place them back into the inventory and they will show up as part of the collection again. There is also the cheat
    bb.showhiddenobjects
    which contains items for the collections as well
    But it is also fun, to go searching again for the collections items!