Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

1535455565759...Next

Comments

• nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited November 2021
    After a long hiatus, I came back playing Sims 4. Tried some legacy challenges and just playing normal, but I always return to my Time Lord. I think I have this fantasy of being a time traveler and being immortal.

Anyway, with a good month replaying and taking notes of how it's keeping me engaged this time around. I noticed that restricting money cheats for this challenge was a mistake. There are already objectives tied to the challenge that makes it worthwhile, and money is easy to make in this game anyway. So with that, money cheats are allowed once again.

Because money cheats are allowed, I also modified the Temperamental TARDIS rules. Instead of gaining or losing money every billing cycle, you are now penalized with low-level furniture. So one week you'll be stuck with an uncomfortable bed and next week maybe a low-grade shower and toilet.

Finally, I revised the rules for the "Likes and Dislikes" feature added to the base game. At the start, you don't have any likes or dislikes. During the course of the challenge, when the game asks if your Time Lord likes or dislikes something, then you must accept. When regenerating, likes and dislikes are once again reset. This has been fun since you get to see your Time Lord's preferences evolve.

All these changes had "testingcheats" in mind. You'll notice that the rules won't need testingcheats to be on anymore.

So, in summary
    • Money cheats are now allowed.
    • Temperamental TARDIS is revamped. Instead of losing or gaining money, you are now penalized with low-level furniture based on your dice roll.
    • Revised rules for "Likes and Dislikes" and added section for it in the rules.
    • Removed "testingcheats on" step from Regeneration Phase.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    Minor clarification on the "Companion" and "Companion Story Arc" sections in the Roleplaying Guide. Re-Traiting potions are usable by companions. This works great, especially when you get companions from the Unplayed Sims pool who grew up and got negative traits.
    STORY TIME!

The Likes and Dislikes had made this challenge a bit more funny and exciting.

So my Fourth reincarnation got the High-Maintenance trait, which is a pain in the fretishay. When they got Very Angry, I told them to meditate on it. Just my luck, the game asked if my Time Lord dislikes Wellness, which I have to accept because the rule says so.

Now I tiptoe around my Time Lord, trying not to make him Angry. And when he does, I quickly get him to meditate without them getting very Tense.

It's a pain, but a hilarious outcome on my expense. At least they have 6 days remaining before the next regeneration. Hopefully they'll be manageable on the next reincarnation.
    I have to say, the Likes and Dislikes have made the game interesting, especially when regenerating. If you want to add variety to your game, I suggest clearing out your Sim's Likes and Dislikes whenever they age up.

Anyway, this new update on the rules had kept me playing. Usually I'd get bored by now and play another game, but so far I bought 3 expansions this time around (with the discounts, of course).

So here's my current Time Lord:

THE COUNSELOR

First Counselor
    U4icKQS.png

Second Counselor
    TkLrzHw.png

Third Counselor
    kmh5e5U.png
    LCSt9Ut.png
    cI884kn.png
    UitpRrN.png

Fourth Counselor
    34hP2aU.png
    dr0FsJs.png
    Qb12mQ5.png
    8YzN4RS.png

Fifth Counselor
    TqoCzCe.png
    Vqk6ySS.png
    5ajsUKP.png
    17akUnA.png

Current Mementos of The Counselor
    hYF2XGM.png
    Neighborhood Stories incoming! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995319/introducing-neighborhood-stories-bringing-new-life-to-the-neighborhood

Now my Companions don't have to move out and live an unfulfilling life dictated by the cold algorithm.

I recently bought the University Pack and Return to Batuu Pack. Gotta' say, I appreciate the Batuu Pack for the ceiling light which ties the look of a TARDIS control room together. Also, the door from University Pack is a great door for the classic Police Box look.

QQmuaOS.png

H8hwTyA.png

3BuuVcS.png
    Since my Time Lord has Imran Watson as his companion, they've been celebrating all holidays with the Watsons. They've also prepared the Grand Meal.
    5F5G4s2.png
    vsiofew.png

Back at the TARDIS, Imran and The Counselor exchange their gifts.
    HpzaUBE.png
    dPs1BxJ.png

edited December 2021
    It's that time again.

Fifth Counselor has reached his age limit, so the Regeneration Process begins.

VD9ezNl.png

Before doing so, he reminisces about his past incarnations.

L5ZXB6f.png

A last strum... and another goodbye.

s1SLuVZ.png

G5PXuMw.png
    And he regenerates to.....

Now the Sixth Counselor regenerates. A proper, clumsy perfectionist!

HMYZ39q.png

Imran, however, is still iffy about the whole regeneration thing.

G6ubVCD.png

• The_Great_CabalThe_Great_Cabal Posts: 56 Member
    Cool challenge. Will be trying it for myself

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top