Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    everythingsims3everythingsims3 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello My name is EJ and I've been playing the sims for about 3 years, I fell in love with the game when I was 12 years old and I actually got the game when I was 14 I started off with the sims 3 base game and university life, then as the year progressed I started to add to it. I got the sims4 a few months after I got the sims 3. I will be sims player for the rest of my life maybe lol. Thank you for listening and feel free to talk to me.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello My name is EJ and I've been playing the sims for about 3 years, I fell in love with the game when I was 12 years old and I actually got the game when I was 14 I started off with the sims 3 base game and university life, then as the year progressed I started to add to it. I got the sims4 a few months after I got the sims 3. I will be sims player for the rest of my life maybe lol. Thank you for listening and feel free to talk to me.

Hello @everythingsims3 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing Sims 3 and university life, then that led you on to buy other packs for the game as well, then you started sims 4 simming as well. Simming is fun! It is an enjoyable game that you can enjoy playing for years! Ttere is always something new to discover in the game, and it is great to see how the lives of the different households in our games develop!
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    Hello! I mostly signed up because I've been having some problems with my game. Today someone let me know that there are sim-folders in the Origin games-folder, so I wen't there and found all these text files called graphics rules.sgr, I edited them and now Body Shop won't work haha :)))))) You'll see me in the The Sims 2 forum later on. I've been trying to create my own clothes and haircolours but Body Shop would make the image files smaller so it became all blurry, and I hoped that today I had finally solved the problem so I could become a CC-creator. But, that is a dream I won't catch just yet, it seems.
  • Options
    Tistou wrote: »
    Hello! I mostly signed up because I've been having some problems with my game. Today someone let me know that there are sim-folders in the Origin games-folder, so I wen't there and found all these text files called graphics rules.sgr, I edited them and now Body Shop won't work haha :)))))) You'll see me in the The Sims 2 forum later on. I've been trying to create my own clothes and haircolours but Body Shop would make the image files smaller so it became all blurry, and I hoped that today I had finally solved the problem so I could become a CC-creator. But, that is a dream I won't catch just yet, it seems.

Hello @Tistou :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    I am sorry that you are having Sims 2 game issues :( I hope that sims 2 playing simmers may be able to help you.
    I hope that you will soon be able to make your own clothing and hair colours.
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Tistou wrote: »
    >
    > Hello! I mostly signed up because I've been having some problems with my game. Today someone let me know that there are sim-folders in the Origin games-folder, so I wen't there and found all these text files called graphics rules.sgr, I edited them and now Body Shop won't work haha :)))))) You'll see me in the The Sims 2 forum later on. I've been trying to create my own clothes and haircolours but Body Shop would make the image files smaller so it became all blurry, and I hoped that today I had finally solved the problem so I could become a CC-creator. But, that is a dream I won't catch just yet, it seems.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Tistou :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    > I am sorry that you are having Sims 2 game issues :( I hope that sims 2 playing simmers may be able to help you.
    > I hope that you will soon be able to make your own clothing and hair colours.
    > Happy simming ! :)

Thank you! I did make a pink beard that didn't seem to really be effected by the graphics problem, probably because when it's just a stubble (that's what it's called when the hairs are super super short, right? English is not my first language) the image file doesn't have to have great graphic because there's not enough space to see the blurr. So that's the only thing worth of sharing at the moment. But at least it's something! I made some really nice lipstick and while the lips themselves look really nice, it makes the whole face blurry, including the eyes. I'm hoping to be able to create some really nice lipstick that doesn't blurr the face!
  • Options
    Tistou wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Tistou wrote: »
    >
    > Hello! I mostly signed up because I've been having some problems with my game. Today someone let me know that there are sim-folders in the Origin games-folder, so I wen't there and found all these text files called graphics rules.sgr, I edited them and now Body Shop won't work haha :)))))) You'll see me in the The Sims 2 forum later on. I've been trying to create my own clothes and haircolours but Body Shop would make the image files smaller so it became all blurry, and I hoped that today I had finally solved the problem so I could become a CC-creator. But, that is a dream I won't catch just yet, it seems.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Tistou :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    > I am sorry that you are having Sims 2 game issues :( I hope that sims 2 playing simmers may be able to help you.
    > I hope that you will soon be able to make your own clothing and hair colours.
    > Happy simming ! :)

Thank you! I did make a pink beard that didn't seem to really be effected by the graphics problem, probably because when it's just a stubble (that's what it's called when the hairs are super super short, right? English is not my first language) the image file doesn't have to have great graphic because there's not enough space to see the blurr. So that's the only thing worth of sharing at the moment. But at least it's something! I made some really nice lipstick and while the lips themselves look really nice, it makes the whole face blurry, including the eyes. I'm hoping to be able to create some really nice lipstick that doesn't blurr the face!

You’re welcome :) It is great that the pink beard turned out good.
  • Options
    NewModderNewModder Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi! My name is Ali, which is short for a really long Italian girl's name that next to no one can pronounce, and I've been playing the Sims since TS1! Normally, I start TS4, create a new family, furnish a new house or apartment, play for a few months then kibosh the save file and start fresh. But I'm trying to do better and have more than one family per save... :smile: Despite disliking any stage younger then teen in all previous games, I love TS4 toddlers. They are SO MUCH FUN and I tend to create twins or triplets (the more the merrier).

Mostly I signed up because I want to mod for the game... Basically, I got sick of asking why people hadn't created XYZ, and realized that maybe I could! :smiley:

But I'm also always looking for new ideas to spice up my gameplay.
  • Options
    NewModder wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Ali, which is short for a really long Italian girl's name that next to no one can pronounce, and I've been playing the Sims since TS1! Normally, I start TS4, create a new family, furnish a new house or apartment, play for a few months then kibosh the save file and start fresh. But I'm trying to do better and have more than one family per save... :smile: Despite disliking any stage younger then teen in all previous games, I love TS4 toddlers. They are SO MUCH FUN and I tend to create twins or triplets (the more the merrier).

Mostly I signed up because I want to mod for the game... Basically, I got sick of asking why people hadn't created XYZ, and realized that maybe I could! :smiley:

But I'm also always looking for new ideas to spice up my gameplay.

Hello @NewModder :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims one. You would enjoyed spending many happy times over the years, playing, creating and building in the sims game versions!
    It is great that you are playing multiple households in your save games now. It is very nice seeing households interacting in the game. Toddlers are so very cute!
    It is great that you are planning to do modding for the game! Sims 4 studio is a very helpful tool to use when modding.
    You need to register on the site to access the download page and download the tool but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.
    http://sims4studio.com/board/6/download-sims-studio-open-version

• Options
    NewModderNewModder Posts: 4 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > NewModder wrote: »
    >
    > Hi! My name is Ali, which is short for a really long Italian girl's name that next to no one can pronounce, and I've been playing the Sims since TS1! Normally, I start TS4, create a new family, furnish a new house or apartment, play for a few months then kibosh the save file and start fresh. But I'm trying to do better and have more than one family per save... :smile: Despite disliking any stage younger then teen in all previous games, I love TS4 toddlers. They are SO MUCH FUN and I tend to create twins or triplets (the more the merrier).
    >
    > Mostly I signed up because I want to mod for the game... Basically, I got sick of asking why people hadn't created XYZ, and realized that maybe I could! :smiley:
    >
    > But I'm also always looking for new ideas to spice up my gameplay.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @NewModder :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    > It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims one. You would enjoyed spending many happy times over the years, playing, creating and building in the sims game versions!
    > It is great that you are playing multiple households in your save games now. It is very nice seeing households interacting in the game. Toddlers are so very cute!
    > It is great that you are planning to do modding for the game! Sims 4 studio is a very helpful tool to use when modding.
    > You need to register on the site to access the download page and download the tool but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thanks so much!

I already have S4S, but sadly it’s only good for recolours on a Mac, so I’m still looking. :(
  • Options
    NewModder wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > NewModder wrote: »
    >
    > Hi! My name is Ali, which is short for a really long Italian girl's name that next to no one can pronounce, and I've been playing the Sims since TS1! Normally, I start TS4, create a new family, furnish a new house or apartment, play for a few months then kibosh the save file and start fresh. But I'm trying to do better and have more than one family per save... :smile: Despite disliking any stage younger then teen in all previous games, I love TS4 toddlers. They are SO MUCH FUN and I tend to create twins or triplets (the more the merrier).
    >
    > Mostly I signed up because I want to mod for the game... Basically, I got sick of asking why people hadn't created XYZ, and realized that maybe I could! :smiley:
    >
    > But I'm also always looking for new ideas to spice up my gameplay.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @NewModder :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    > It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims one. You would enjoyed spending many happy times over the years, playing, creating and building in the sims game versions!
    > It is great that you are playing multiple households in your save games now. It is very nice seeing households interacting in the game. Toddlers are so very cute!
    > It is great that you are planning to do modding for the game! Sims 4 studio is a very helpful tool to use when modding.
    > You need to register on the site to access the download page and download the tool but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.

Thanks so much!

I already have S4S, but sadly it’s only good for recolours on a Mac, so I’m still looking. :(

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    ArtAtomicArtAtomic Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello names Artatomic,TomTom, or TT. I don't like my real name so i have a few i go by lol. Anyway I have been a simmer since the original came out. I Used to be a big part of the group call Black Peal Sims before they closed. I did fall off the sim world a few years ago because college took up my time but i am back now. I love to play, Make recolors, and build. i am currently thinking about starting a remap project and redo the starting worlds. I know a lot to take on right. I also want to start getting back in youtube but worried its been so long i out of the game but we shall see
  • Options
    ArtAtomic wrote: »
    Hello names Artatomic,TomTom, or TT. I don't like my real name so i have a few i go by lol. Anyway I have been a simmer since the original came out. I Used to be a big part of the group call Black Peal Sims before they closed. I did fall off the sim world a few years ago because college took up my time but i am back now. I love to play, Make recolors, and build. i am currently thinking about starting a remap project and redo the starting worlds. I know a lot to take on right. I also want to start getting back in youtube but worried its been so long i out of the game but we shall see

Hello @ArtAtomic :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original sims one, and it is great that you are now back simming again after taking a break due to your college studies.
    I hope that your work on redoing the base game worlds goes very well if you decide to do it. It would be great to start a YouTube simming channel for your builds and gameplay. You may like to read and post in the Video Haven section of the forums. Simmers there may have helpful tips for you .
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/video-haven
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > ArtAtomic wrote: »
    >
    > Hello names Artatomic,TomTom, or TT. I don't like my real name so i have a few i go by lol. Anyway I have been a simmer since the original came out. I Used to be a big part of the group call Black Peal Sims before they closed. I did fall off the sim world a few years ago because college took up my time but i am back now. I love to play, Make recolors, and build. i am currently thinking about starting a remap project and redo the starting worlds. I know a lot to take on right. I also want to start getting back in youtube but worried its been so long i out of the game but we shall see
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ArtAtomic :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    > It is nice that you have been simming since the original sims one, and it is great that you are now back simming again after taking a break due to your college studies.
    > I hope that your work on redoing the base game worlds goes very well if you decide to do it. It would be great to start a YouTube simming channel for your builds and gameplay. You may like to read and post in the Video Haven section of the forums. Simmers there may have helpful tips for you .
    >

I have been looking around in the section and i find a lot of what i reading to be helpful
  • Options
    ok i don't know why that did work right lol
  • Options
    ArtAtomic wrote: »
    ok i don't know why that did work right lol

Hello @ArtAtomic
    The quoting doesn’t work correctly and appear in a grey box until you become a full member. Once you become a full member, it will then appear in the grey box,
  • Options
    Nyx_NightmareNyx_Nightmare Posts: 57 Member
    Ello~~ :) *waves*

I'm Nyx. I'm certainly not new to the Sims... Have been playing since I was 3, and started out with the Sims 1 games that my mother had (She is also an avid Simmer!) Although, Sims 2 and 3 are the ones I remember most, and love the most.
    I am, however, pretty new to these forums. I think I had an account once a long time ago, but I don't even think I ever posted anything lol. I'm ready to start actively being apart of this community! It's only taken me forever to come out of my shell long enough to make an account, I'm totally sure I won't be hiding in a corner rocking back and forth from the anxiety of interacting with other Simmers...
    (May or may not be doing just that right now)
    I am that one player in D&D that will ALWAYS roll 1s on Stealth, especially when I'm a Rogue :(
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Ello~~ :) *waves*

I'm Nyx. I'm certainly not new to the Sims... Have been playing since I was 3, and started out with the Sims 1 games that my mother had (She is also an avid Simmer!) Although, Sims 2 and 3 are the ones I remember most, and love the most.
    I am, however, pretty new to these forums. I think I had an account once a long time ago, but I don't even think I ever posted anything lol. I'm ready to start actively being apart of this community! It's only taken me forever to come out of my shell long enough to make an account, I'm totally sure I won't be hiding in a corner rocking back and forth from the anxiety of interacting with other Simmers...
    (May or may not be doing just that right now)

Hello @Nyx_Nightmare :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums ! Waving back to you !
    It is great that you have joined the simming forums community and started posting on threads. Fellow simmers are friendly, and we all share the same interest, which is enjoying playing The Sims! Try not to be anxious, as we are all just simmers enjoying simming, and talking about the sims in our games!
    It is great that you have been simming since you were a little child, and have had simming a part of your life as you have been growing up. It is very nice that your Mother is a simmer also <3 You would enjoy chatting with her about the sims that are in your games!
  • Options
    ArmortyArmorty Posts: 547 Member
    Hello everyone. I am Daniel or Armorty/Armortty on social media platforms. I started with the Sims 2 and also on the ps2. I am here mostly to make friends and also to be inspired by other sims. Hope to meet great people on here. Thank you
  • Options
    Armorty wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I am Daniel or Armorty/Armortty on social media platforms. I started with the Sims 2 and also on the ps2. I am here mostly to make friends and also to be inspired by other sims. Hope to meet great people on here. Thank you

Hello @Armorty :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    It is nice that you are using the same username for the forums that you use on other social media sites.
    It is great that you started simming by playing Sims 2 and the console version. Each version of The Sims is very enjoyable and fun to play!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forums, and get helpful tips and ideas for you then to enjoy using in your own games! I hope that you will enjoy posting on the threads about your simming experiences
  • Options
    MoiPhillipAmourMoiPhillipAmour Posts: 1 New Member
    I Dont believe i was invited but, may i introduce myself :.D
  • Options
    I Dont believe i was invited but, may i introduce myself :.D

Hello @MoiPhillipAmour :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, find helpful tips about playing the game, and enjoy posting about the sims that are in your games.
  • Options
    Namer25Namer25 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi, I am Namer25
  • Options
    Namer25 wrote: »
    Hi, I am Namer25

Hello @Namer25 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting fellow simmers on the forum threads and posting about your simming experiences. Simming is fun!
  • Options
    ZedieZedie Posts: 38 Member
    Hiya! I'm Zedie, and hopefully will contribute to the community through publishing lots and houses. I'm also into a variety of other games, at the moment Overwatch where I play a lot of Roadhog! I'd love to chat to all of you so feel free to contact me via my Twitter @ZedieZima. I've been playing The Sims since the very beginning with The Sims 1! I love cats and have two of them, Tulio and Peach. They are....odd.
  • Options
    Zedie wrote: »
    Hiya! I'm Zedie, and hopefully will contribute to the community through publishing lots and houses. I'm also into a variety of other games, at the moment Overwatch where I play a lot of Roadhog! I'd love to chat to all of you so feel free to contact me via my Twitter @ZedieZima. I've been playing The Sims since the very beginning with The Sims 1! I love cats and have two of them, Tulio and Peach. They are....odd.

Hello @Zedie :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed designing and building many types and styles of homes and venues over the time for your sims to enjoy living in or visiting. Building is a special part of simming! It is great that you share your builds through the Gallery or the Exchange. Simmers would like having your builds in their games,
    Your cats would be special animal members of your household. If you own the Sims 3 Pets or Sims 4 Cats and Dogs pack you would enjoy making simversions of your cats to have in your game :)
    Happy simming ! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top