Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hi I first played sims2 on the PS2 and I just started again not long ago playing Sims 3 on my PC it's my favorite :) Pets, Seasons, Generations are my top fave ones but I have some of the other ones to :) Glad to be here with you all :)

Hello @wickedmounain :)
    It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing sims 2 on console, and then that has led you to playing the pc version of Sims 3.
    Pets , Seasons and Generations are great Sims 3 eps! It is very nice having cats, dogs and horses as members of the sims household. The variety of difererent weather conditions with Seasons is very enjoyable! It is great seeing the changing weather through the days. The landscape of the wotld in the varous seasons is so very pretty!
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Hi! *waves*

I joined in on the hype to the sims last year (I think), but I grew up on SimCity as my mom loved the game (I'm only a little older than sims 1, so I wasn't old enough to even remember the game). Currently I have all four games and most of the expansion packs. Outdoor Retreat and Seasons are two of my faves, as I'm an outdoor kinda gal. :3

Aside from liking video games, I enjoy things like music (cello and choir), writing, swimming, and pottery.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    Hi! *waves*

I joined in on the hype to the sims last year (I think), but I grew up on SimCity as my mom loved the game (I'm only a little older than sims 1, so I wasn't old enough to even remember the game). Currently I have all four games and most of the expansion packs. Outdoor Retreat and Seasons are two of my faves, as I'm an outdoor kinda gal. :3

Aside from liking video games, I enjoy things like music (cello and choir), writing, swimming, and pottery.

Hello @bellagorilla :)
    It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that your mother enjoyed playing SimCity and now you enjoy playing the Sims. It is great that you own all four versions of the Sims game and most of the expansion packs. You would enjoy deciding which version you would like to play depending on what household you would like to play that day. Outdoors Retreat and Seasons are great packs! The changing seasonal landscapes that come with Seasons are so very pretty! It is enjoyable seeing our sims do the different seasonal activities, and experiencing the varied weather conditions. It is fun having our sims going camping in Granite Falls!
    Your sound a very creative and artistic person. It is very special that you enjoy playing the cello and singing, creatively writing, and enjoy making pottery items. They are special ways to express your creativity.
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hi! *waves*

It is nice that your mother enjoyed playing SimCity and now you enjoy playing the Sims. It is great that you own all four versions of the Sims game and most of the expansion packs. You would enjoy deciding which version you would like to play depending on what household you would like to play that day. Outdoors Retreat and Seasons are great packs! The changing seasonal landscapes that come with Seasons are so very pretty! It is enjoyable seeing our sims do the different seasonal activities, and experiencing the varied weather conditions. It is fun having our sims going camping in Granite Falls!
    Your sound a very creative and artistic person. It is very special that you enjoy playing the cello and singing, creatively writing, and enjoy making pottery items. They are special ways to express your creativity.

Thanks @rosemow :D

I wish we had Seasons for 4, I do miss the landscapes.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hi! *waves*

Thanks @rosemow :D

I wish we had Seasons for 4, I do miss the landscapes.

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    JamesMarieJamesMarie Posts: 11 New Member
    Karlia wrote: »
    It's nice to meet you too :smiley: It's fun to collect things in the sims because each collection is different. The only collectibles I don't like are the trophies because I never played MySims and prefer to find gemstones, metals and fossils. As for the legacy it's great because every generation I get to work on different aspirations and my sims have different jobs and goals. I had a 6th generation legacy but the save stopped working and so I made a new legacy recently. Seeing the kids grow up is awesome, especially seeing their genetics and personalities. Anyway, thanks for the friendly welcome :smile:

Hi karlia, im not on the forums very much and am new to forums in general haha but i saw you say you had save issues and I thought I could relate/help.... Idk if you have dine out, but I do and sometimes when I edit a menu or edit their uniforms etc, and start playing my Sims again there (having a meal, a date or just running the restaurant) it won't save at all, a message pops up about not being able to save. I've found that if I finish the date or w/e and go to a different lot, it will then be able to save just fine. (I know ahead of time that the game won't save because it will also stop being able to use 1,2,3 on the keyboard to speed things up/normalize time speed, but the pause ~/` next to 1 still works.) Like I said idk if that's even your problem but I thought I'd share (and don't know if this is the right thread/way to do it sorry!)
  • Options
    JamesMarie wrote: »
    Karlia wrote: »
    It's nice to meet you too :smiley: It's fun to collect things in the sims because each collection is different. The only collectibles I don't like are the trophies because I never played MySims and prefer to find gemstones, metals and fossils. As for the legacy it's great because every generation I get to work on different aspirations and my sims have different jobs and goals. I had a 6th generation legacy but the save stopped working and so I made a new legacy recently. Seeing the kids grow up is awesome, especially seeing their genetics and personalities. Anyway, thanks for the friendly welcome :smile:

Hi karlia, im not on the forums very much and am new to forums in general haha but i saw you say you had save issues and I thought I could relate/help.... Idk if you have dine out, but I do and sometimes when I edit a menu or edit their uniforms etc, and start playing my Sims again there (having a meal, a date or just running the restaurant) it won't save at all, a message pops up about not being able to save. I've found that if I finish the date or w/e and go to a different lot, it will then be able to save just fine. (I know ahead of time that the game won't save because it will also stop being able to use 1,2,3 on the keyboard to speed things up/normalize time speed, but the pause ~/` next to 1 still works.) Like I said idk if that's even your problem but I thought I'd share (and don't know if this is the right thread/way to do it sorry!)

Hello @JamesMarie :) I am sorry that you sometimes have save issues at restaurants. It is good that you have found a workaround for the issue that helps you to save the game .
  • Options
    LumineyLuminey Posts: 49 Member
    Hello Luminey here! I've bee playing sims since S3, around the tail end of its run. I mainly played sims to recreate characters from my favorite shows. Lately I've been getting into the building scene. I'm still building off of existing things, but I hope to be able to create my own homes that wow people someday.
    icon by alexiadraws
  • Options
    Luminey wrote: »
    Hello Luminey here! I've bee playing sims since S3, around the tail end of its run. I mainly played sims to recreate characters from my favorite shows. Lately I've been getting into the building scene. I'm still building off of existing things, but I hope to be able to create my own homes that wow people someday.

Hello @Luminey :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that that you started simming by playing Sims 3. Creating sims is a very special and enjoyable part of simming! It is fun making sim versions of characters from tv shows or movies, as well as celebrities or our family members or friends. It is special then having them in our games! It is nice that you are now enjoying building in the Sims. Many simmers who have building for many years use real life homes and venues as their inspiration for their builds, so it is a great idea that you are basing your builds on buildings that you have seen in real life or when searching on the internet.
  • Options
    JackiMahJackiMah Posts: 46 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm Jacki. I got into the Sims with Sims 2, played it a lot, years ago, then got 3 played it often on and off with the expansion packs as they came in, my favorite 3 being Island Paradise, University, and Supernatural. I've recently gotten back into the Sims 3 due to having an incredibly stronger PC than I did before and discovering all the amazing Mods and Custom Contents available for the game now. I think the Sims 3 is at it's 'peak' in the user custom generated content phase, meaning all the good mods and custom contents already exist and you should go out there and grab them now! There are only a few really good mods that have not fully come out yet and are in Beta.

Currently I just finished creating my very luxurious and lascivious Hotel in my main game of Isla Paradiso (with the lag fix) complete with GoGo Dancers, Entertainers from the Sims 3 Generations which can be hired, private rooms where Sims can go in rest and practice safe woo-hoo, masseurs and masseuses, a Steam Spa, and a window pool showing downstairs to the dance basement. B) <3 :)
  • Options
    JackiMah wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I'm Jacki. I got into the Sims with Sims 2, played it a lot, years ago, then got 3 played it often on and off with the expansion packs as they came in, my favorite 3 being Island Paradise, University, and Supernatural. I've recently gotten back into the Sims 3 due to having an incredibly stronger PC than I did before and discovering all the amazing Mods and Custom Contents available for the game now. I think the Sims 3 is at it's 'peak' in the user custom generated content phase, meaning all the good mods and custom contents already exist and you should go out there and grab them now! There are only a few really good mods that have not fully come out yet and are in Beta.

Currently I just finished creating my very luxurious and lascivious Hotel in my main game of Isla Paradiso (with the lag fix) complete with GoGo Dancers, Entertainers from the Sims 3 Generations which can be hired, private rooms where Sims can go in rest and practice safe woo-hoo, masseurs and masseuses, a Steam Spa, and a window pool showing downstairs to the dance basement. B)<3:)

Hello @JackiMah :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing Sims 2 , then that led you on to playing Sims 3 as the expansion packs were released. It is great that you have a new stronger pc now and have returned to playing Sims 3. There are lots of great mods and cc for sims 3! It is very kind of the talented mod and cc creators to share their creations with the simming community so as all simmers can enjoy using them in their games.
    It is nice that you enjoy building in the game. Building is a special part of simming!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    This is going to sound strange but I have been demoted to a new member... Has this happened to anyone else as I cannot actually start threads anymore :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    This is going to sound strange but I have been demoted to a new member... Has this happened to anyone else as I cannot actually start threads anymore :(

Hello @king_of_simcity7
    I am sorry that this has occurred to you . It is because your points are showing on your page as

Try logging out of the site, then back in again and see if that helps.
  • Options
    @rosemow Thanks but that has not worked. Can you send me a PM please?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @rosemow Thanks but that has not worked. Can you send me a PM please?

I am sorry that you are having this issue. You may need to post on SimGuruDrake's wall about the issue.
    If you would like to send a pm to SimGuruDrake , you could include her in another pm that you already have.
  • Options
    @rosemow I send Drake a PM as I still have messages in my inbox but I cannot send any new messages to anyone else. I don't know who the other mods are because Bethelle hasn't been active since last year :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @rosemow I send Drake a PM as I still have messages in my inbox but I cannot send any new messages to anyone else. I don't know who the other mods are because Bethelle hasn't been active since last year :(

New members can't send new pm messages. I hope that SimGuruDrake may be able to help you with your issue. Try again logging out of the site, shutting down your computer, restarting the computer, then logging back in again to the site.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > king_of_simcity7 wrote: »
    >
    > @rosemow I send Drake a PM as I still have messages in my inbox but I cannot send any new messages to anyone else. I don't know who the other mods are because Bethelle hasn't been active since last year :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > New members can't send new pm messages. I hope that SimGuruDrake may be able to help you with your issue. Try again logging out of the site, shutting down your computer, restarting the computer, then logging back in again to the site.

I tried all of that. It would take me a long time to even be a member and my question is why has this happened to me and no one else?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > @rosemow I send Drake a PM as I still have messages in my inbox but I cannot send any new messages to anyone else. I don't know who the other mods are because Bethelle hasn't been active since last year :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > New members can't send new pm messages. I hope that SimGuruDrake may be able to help you with your issue. Try again logging out of the site, shutting down your computer, restarting the computer, then logging back in again to the site.

I tried all of that. It would take me a long time to even be a member and my question is why has this happened to me and no one else?

I am not sure why this has occured with you. I am sorry :(
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > king_of_simcity7 wrote: »
    > >
    > > @rosemow I send Drake a PM as I still have messages in my inbox but I cannot send any new messages to anyone else. I don't know who the other mods are because Bethelle hasn't been active since last year :(
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > New members can't send new pm messages. I hope that SimGuruDrake may be able to help you with your issue. Try again logging out of the site, shutting down your computer, restarting the computer, then logging back in again to the site.
    >
    > I tried all of that. It would take me a long time to even be a member and my question is why has this happened to me and no one else?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am not sure why this has occured with you. I am sorry :(

Well thanks anyway. I sent Drake a PM on Twitter as she seems to go on there more
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Hard_House_SimsHard_House_Sims Posts: 27 Member
    New account from king_of_simcity7...
  • Options
    edited May 2017
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hard_House_Sims wrote: »
    >
    > New account from king_of_simcity7...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello. I am sorry that you have had the issue occur to you :(

Just waiting to here from Drake. Do you know any other mods who come online?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > New account from king_of_simcity7...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello. I am sorry that you have had the issue occur to you :(

Just waiting to here from Drake. Do you know any other mods who come online?

I am not sure who are the other mods who are monitoring the forums.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Hard_House_Sims wrote: »
    > >
    > > New account from king_of_simcity7...
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello. I am sorry that you have had the issue occur to you :(
    >
    > Just waiting to here from Drake. Do you know any other mods who come online?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am not sure who are the other mods who are monitoring the forums.

Bethelle hasn't been online since last November while Panda hasn't been online since last month so I do not know who else there is :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top