Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    valJCP81 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!
    I am a long time Sims player. I began buying and playing in 2007 and I have been hooked every since. I never got involved with the community for fear of being disliked or coming off as corny....lol! But, I think it's time for me to be more open. I do hope to meet some fellow simmers and enjoy some fun and interesting convo with you all.
    Thanks for reading... 1Luv <3

Hello @valJCP81 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    It is nice that you have been simming since 2007. You would have enjoyed spending many enjoyable and fun hours simming over the time!
    It is great that you have joined the simming forums community! I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the threads, learn new helpful tips about the game, and enjoy posting about your simming experiences .
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    valJCP81valJCP81 Posts: 34 Member
    I am too silly. I did not properly introduce myself in my first post.
    My name is Valerie. I was gifted TS1 in 2007 from my boyfriend who is now my husband of 10 years. I absolutely love all things Sim.
    Thanks for reading...1Luv <3
    1Luv <3
  • Options

Thanks for the nice welcome rosemow!

1Luv <3
  • Options
    valJCP81 wrote: »
    I am too silly. I did not properly introduce myself in my first post.
    My name is Valerie. I was gifted TS1 in 2007 from my boyfriend who is now my husband of 10 years. I absolutely love all things Sim.
    Thanks for reading...1Luv <3

Hello @valJCP81 :) It was very special that you boyfriend and now your husband gifted you the original Sims 1<3 It started your life a simmer!
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    I have owned TS1 & TS2, I no longer have those. I still have TS3 and all the expansion and stuff packs. I currently own and play TS4 with all the expansion and stuff packs except for the latest Vampire pack. I can't resist, I will probably buy it this weekend.
    1Luv <3
  • Options
    maat_the_justmaat_the_just Posts: 3 New Member
    Just for the heck of I'll introduce myself. I've been a member since 2010, but I never post. I'm generally a very shy person, but I am trying to open up a little more. I've been playing since TS2, I still fire up TS3 on occasion, I've been playing TS4 for a while now. Sadly my username is not the same one I go by anymore. I have two great kids, one boy, one girl. They run me ragged, so I play a lot of games in what free time I can find. I also have a loving husband that works his bum off out town for a month at time. That's pretty much it. Nice to meet everyone!
  • Options
    Just for the heck of I'll introduce myself. I've been a member since 2010, but I never post. I'm generally a very shy person, but I am trying to open up a little more. I've been playing since TS2, I still fire up TS3 on occasion, I've been playing TS4 for a while now. Sadly my username is not the same one I go by anymore. I have two great kids, one boy, one girl. They run me ragged, so I play a lot of games in what free time I can find. I also have a loving husband that works his bum off out town for a month at time. That's pretty much it. Nice to meet everyone!

Hello @maat_the_just :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2. , and that then led you on to playing the later versions also. You are a caring mother to your children. Life can get quite busy and tiring as a mother, so it is great to have some simming time to take a restful break from real life and enjoy having fun simming! Perhaps one day your kids will become simmers like yourself! You and your famiy would enjoy the return of your husband after his time away with his work. His return would be very precious and special.
  • Options
    IstalriiIstalrii Posts: 76 Member
    Hi!

I'm Emily, and I've been playing The Sims since the first ones, though only ever had the base game. I borrowed it off a friend who I then fell out of touch with (I was about 7, it happens) so ended up keeping it, whoops. Used to get up early before school so I could play! Had more expansions for the Sims 2 and moved to PC, where I've been on it ever since.

I'm studying English, so my spare time is divided between playing games and reading books, though somehow, games always win out. :joy: My favourite series is probably Dragon Age, or The Witcher, but Sims is my favourite easy-going game. Just something that draws me back every time.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all! Happy Simming!
  • Options
    Istalrii wrote: »
    Hi!

I'm Emily, and I've been playing The Sims since the first ones, though only ever had the base game. I borrowed it off a friend who I then fell out of touch with (I was about 7, it happens) so ended up keeping it, whoops. Used to get up early before school so I could play! Had more expansions for the Sims 2 and moved to PC, where I've been on it ever since.

I'm studying English, so my spare time is divided between playing games and reading books, though somehow, games always win out. :joy: My favourite series is probably Dragon Age, or The Witcher, but Sims is my favourite easy-going game. Just something that draws me back every time.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all! Happy Simming!

Hello @Istalrii :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming when you were a young child and played sims 1. It would have been fun for you getting up early and doing some simming before school!
    I hope that your English studies continue to go well. It would involve a lot of reading. Simming would be a helpful and restful break for you in the midst of your studies, to enable you to renew your mind again for more studying. It is also a lot of fun!
    Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    quwgamequwgame Posts: 1 New Member
    Ya hej there. I'm not actually new, but I am somewhat of an idiot sandwich as I can't remember the pw or reset for my quwface account. My name is SR, I write a legacy over on tumbler and read these forums way more than I post. I played sims 1 and 2 but not sims 3, and now have rejoined for the sims 4.
  • Options
    quwgame wrote: »
    Ya hej there. I'm not actually new, but I am somewhat of an plum sandwich as I can't remember the pw or reset for my quwface account. My name is SR, I write a legacy over on tumbler and read these forums way more than I post. I played sims 1 and 2 but not sims 3, and now have rejoined for the sims 4.

Hello @quwgame :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is very nice that are doing a legacy and that you write about it on tumblr. Simmers would enjoy seeing pictures of the sims that are in your game. Story telling is a very special part of simming! It is very nice seeing how the stories of the lives of our sims unfold in our games.
    It is great that you started simming by playing sims 1 and then sims 2. Welcome back to simming and playing sims 4 !
  • Options
    yo_prinz_ohyo_prinz_oh Posts: 30 New Member
    Hello! I'm yo_prinz_oh! Been playing Sims 4 for a while now. I'm currently doing the Build Newcrest challenge. Generation 2 took quite a while and I took some time off when it was completed. I'm now working on gen 3 and really having some fun. Aside from that, I took my time trying to make my simself. I already completed making him although I think he looks nothing like me. Would anyone help me improve him? :smiley: Anyway, here's to hoping more content and much better Sims 4!
  • Options
    Hello! I'm yo_prinz_oh! Been playing Sims 4 for a while now. I'm currently doing the Build Newcrest challenge. Generation 2 took quite a while and I took some time off when it was completed. I'm now working on gen 3 and really having some fun. Aside from that, I took my time trying to make my simself. I already completed making him although I think he looks nothing like me. Would anyone help me improve him? :smiley: Anyway, here's to hoping more content and much better Sims 4!

Hello @yo_prinz_oh :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are doing the Build Newcrest challenge! I hope that generation 3 goes very well!
    Making simselves of ourselves, family members, friends and celebrities is fun ! It is enjoyable creating simforms of them. They are special sims for us to have in our games. The sims 4 cas tools are very helpful to use when making sims.
  • Options
    MarinaAndThePlumbobsMarinaAndThePlumbobs Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi! I am Marina and the Plumbobs, I wish I could post threads but I can't and I don't know how to fix it because I really want to share ideas with the Sims!
  • Options
    Hi! I am Marina and the Plumbobs, I wish I could post threads but I can't and I don't know how to fix it because I really want to share ideas with the Sims!

Hello @MarinaAndThePlumbobs :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!

There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads though may have been restricted for new members. You may not be able to start a new thread until you become a full member. This occurs sometimes, especially at weekends and at holiday times.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

When you become a full member you will be able to start your own thread.

• Options
    Thanks to everyone for the introductions. I am pleased to read about others and am glad to meet you all.
    1Luv <3
  • Options
    MarinaAndThePlumbob
    I understand, I too was wondering how to become more active. I am now working on 50 points and 30 posts. Good luck to you!
    1Luv <3
  • Options
    AntidotesAntidotes Posts: 36 Member
    Helloo, I have started to become a bit more active around here lately, so maybe introducing myself is a good idea. My name is Hannah, I am twenty years old and live i Norway. I am currently studying Art Direction, which is quite fun. Been registered here for like five years but never really been active, but would love to participate more and are eagerly waiting to become a member. The username Antidotes I chose back then because it is the name of my favourite album by my favourite band, Foals. So even though it may seem like a weird username to most, it does actually mean something lol. I have played Sims since Sims 2, when me and my sister had to take turns playing on a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 computer which lagged and glitched so freaking much because it couldn't handle the custom content. But we kept playing, even though the game was so slow. Now that I have gotten older I still enjoy playing, but usually get bored after a while. I think I prefer making sims and building/decorating, I struggle more with gameplay and actually sticking to one sim/one family. I usually get bored and then make the exact same sim and start over, which might the reason I get easily bored. All my sims are the same and they all look and act like myself. I am currently trying to make more diverse and interesting sims, who aren't all creative, romantic and self assured :#
  • Options
    Antidotes
    I've been the same way for years. I too have always enjoyed building and decorating and creating sims like myself, I totally get it! I recently started creating more racial diversity and more gameplay, it's definitely more interesting and fun.
    Thanks for introducing yourself.
    BTW, I am 35, married for 10 yrs, 2 awesome children, I have my own small home based business and I love to read, bake and paint!
    Great meeting you!
    1Luv <3
    1Luv <3
  • Options
    crazycandy15crazycandy15 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello, my name is Maya and I'm a long time lurker who wants to become more active on the forums. I've been playing the sims since 2012 and am returning to the sims 4 now that toddlers have been added. It's hard for me to really post due to extreme anxiety, but I'm trying. I also have a simblr @simpu. I want to hurry up and become a member so that I can change my profile pic :|
  • Options
    Hello Maya, I love your name. I have always loved that name, so much so, I named my daughter Myah, she's 6 years old.
    Thanks for the introduction and I am so glad you are working on your anxiety. I do not have anxiety but I do have panic attacks, depression and mood disorder. I was very anti-social and angry from 11 years old until I was 32 years old. I was introduced to meditation, I light candles and incense and I close my eyes and reflect. My new favorite word is Calm!
    I wish you the best and I hope you too can find your outlet...
    1Luv <3
    1Luv <3
  • Options
    Antidotes wrote: »
    Helloo, I have started to become a bit more active around here lately, so maybe introducing myself is a good idea. My name is Hannah, I live in Norway. I am currently studying Art Direction, which is quite fun. Been registered here for like five years but never really been active, but would love to participate more and are eagerly waiting to become a member. The username Antidotes I chose back then because it is the name of my favourite album by my favourite band, Foals. So even though it may seem like a weird username to most, it does actually mean something lol. I have played Sims since Sims 2, when me and my sister had to take turns playing on a plum computer which lagged and glitched so freaking much because it couldn't handle the custom content. But we kept playing, even though the game was so slow. Now that I have gotten older I still enjoy playing, but usually get bored after a while. I think I prefer making sims and building/decorating, I struggle more with gameplay and actually sticking to one sim/one family. I usually get bored and then make the exact same sim and start over, which might the reason I get easily bored. All my sims are the same and they all look and act like myself. I am currently trying to make more diverse and interesting sims, who aren't all creative, romantic and self assured :#

Hello @Antidotes :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that your art studies continue to go well. It was great reading about the reason why you chose to have your forum username.
    It is very nice that you first started simming by playing Sims 2 with your sister. You would have had fun simming together, and talking about the Sims that you were playing!
    Creating sims and building homes are great parts of simming! I hope that you will enjoy making a variety of different types of sims. Perhaps have a look at the sims that are on the Gallery and that may help,to give you ideas as you are creating.
  • Options
    Hello, my name is Maya and I'm a long time lurker who wants to become more active on the forums. I've been playing the sims since 2012 and am returning to the sims 4 now that toddlers have been added. It's hard for me to really post due to extreme anxiety, but I'm trying. I also have a simblr @simpu. I want to hurry up and become a member so that I can change my profile pic :|

Hello @crazycandy15 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming in 2012, and are now playing sims 4. The addition of toddlers was so very special and exciting! Toddlers are so very cute!
    I send hugs to you as you live day by day with anxiety and its effects on your life <3
    It is great that you have a simblr! Simmers would enjoy looking at the pictures of the sims that are in your game,
  • Options
    OkamiOkami Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top