Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Tyler_R wrote: »
    *waves* Hi everyone :grin: I'm Ty. I've been playing The Sims all the way back to the first installment. It's been a pretty awesome journey since then. I was skeptical about 4 at first, but now after they've released more content, I'm in love!

Hello @Tyler_R :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since the release of the original Sims 1. It is exciting and special playing the different versions of the game. It is nice that you are enjoying playing Sims 4. The expansion, game and stuff packs have added many enjoyable and fun activities, venues, features, worlds and build/buy mode and cas items to the game!
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    ChokoronChokoron Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello everyone, I'm Chokoron, or at least I used to be, this was an old username. Though my new screenname, Chokovit, is not much different (aside from the fact that it actually MEANS something now). I'm a freelance illustrator, write, and comic artist and it is these things that have attracted me to the sims.

When I play the sims I usually play with aging turned off, and I also tend to bounce around town playing as many different households. This is because I play the sims to play as my characters that I made for my comic. I have a TON of characters, and being able to make them all and put them in a town together to do stuff is a LOT of fun. It also makes it much easier for me to build references especially for buildings. I'll build a character's house or some other building/lot and take screenshots for references when I have to draw it later in my comic. Currently I'm using CAW to finally build my entire fictional town from my comic, Pine Harbor.

I came to the sims forums because I actually really need help, my launcher keeps crashing whenever I look at the installed content tab. I've seen the solutions but none of them allow me to remove just one CC at a time. I have 700 Sims3Packs, I can't just uninstall all of them and reinstall the ones I want later :(
  • Options
    Chokoron wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I'm Chokoron, or at least I used to be, this was an old username. Though my new screenname, Chokovit, is not much different (aside from the fact that it actually MEANS something now). I'm a freelance illustrator, write, and comic artist and it is these things that have attracted me to the sims.

When I play the sims I usually play with aging turned off, and I also tend to bounce around town playing as many different households. This is because I play the sims to play as my characters that I made for my comic. I have a TON of characters, and being able to make them all and put them in a town together to do stuff is a LOT of fun. It also makes it much easier for me to build references especially for buildings. I'll build a character's house or some other building/lot and take screenshots for references when I have to draw it later in my comic. Currently I'm using CAW to finally build my entire fictional town from my comic, Pine Harbor.

I came to the sims forums because I actually really need help, my launcher keeps crashing whenever I look at the installed content tab. I've seen the solutions but none of them allow me to remove just one CC at a time. I have 700 Sims3Packs, I can't just uninstall all of them and reinstall the ones I want later :(

Hello @Chokoron :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are an illustrator , writer and comic artist. You sound very creative. It is very nice that you blend your career and interests with playing the sims. It is special that you use the sims that you play in the game, as characters in your comic. It sounds great that you are making a world using CAW that will reflect the town of your comic.
    If you would like help with your Sims 3 launcher issue, you are very welcome to post about your issue on this link thread for new members who are unable to start their own threads.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest
  • Options
    mllemurasakimllemurasaki Posts: 25 Member
    Hi! I'm Murasaki, and I'm actually pretty much brand-new to the Sims. Went and got hooked on the game last summer, oops! I grew up on console and handheld games so I'm just getting into computer gaming, and apparently I've missed out on a lot.
    Wildly AU fanfiction is one of my hobbies so I've joined the forums in hopes of getting more original with SimLit. Looking forward to sharing stories with everyone! Someday I'd like to develop my own legacy challenge for others to play, fingers crossed that I'll figure something out!
  • Options
    Hi! I'm Murasaki, and I'm actually pretty much brand-new to the Sims. Went and got hooked on the game last summer, oops! I grew up on console and handheld games so I'm just getting into computer gaming, and apparently I've missed out on a lot.
    Wildly AU fanfiction is one of my hobbies so I've joined the forums in hopes of getting more original with SimLit. Looking forward to sharing stories with everyone! Someday I'd like to develop my own legacy challenge for others to play, fingers crossed that I'll figure something out!

Hello @mllemurasaki :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to simming and the forums!
    It is great that you have started playing computer games. Simming is lots of fun! It is great that you started playing The Sims and got hooked on the game :)
    Sims story telling and SimLit is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is very nice reading the stories of sims that are in fellow simmers games. It is great that you enjoy writing. It is a special way of expressing our creativity. I hope that you will enjoy sharing your sims stories with others on the forums.
    It would be very nice if you designed your own legacy challenge for simmers to play. It hope that your plan to do this works out well.
  • Options
    mllemurasakimllemurasaki Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you! I really appreciate your thread! It seems like a big commitment to respond to everyone's posts, so thanks for welcoming everyone!
  • Options
    Thank you! I really appreciate your thread! It seems like a big commitment to respond to everyone's posts, so thanks for welcoming everyone!

You're welcome! :)
  • Options
    ModerockerModerocker Posts: 159 Member
    Hello! I'm Moderocker! I have been a fan of since The Sims 2. I can still remember receiving the S2 base game and seasons for Christmas. Little did I know, it would change my way of gaming forever! I have been a loyal simmer since then, and I've never regretted it.

I love playing legacies in my sim world. I like to begin with one sim, and create a beautiful, crazy, drama-filled family lineage. It's bittersweet seeing the families grow and grow! It's what makes gaming with the sims, for me, worth it.

It's a joy to see how much The Sims have grown since S2, and I look forward to many more stuff packs, game packs, and expansion packs! Maybe one day having the chance to introduce The Sims to my kids!
    I'm looking forward to more with this community!
    6unzx1t.gif
  • Options
    Moderocker wrote: »
    Hello! I'm Moderocker! I have been a fan of since The Sims 2. I can still remember receiving the S2 base game and seasons for Christmas. Little did I know, it would change my way of gaming forever! I have been a loyal simmer since then, and I've never regretted it.

I love playing legacies in my sim world. I like to begin with one sim, and create a beautiful, crazy, drama-filled family lineage. It's bittersweet seeing the families grow and grow! It's what makes gaming with the sims, for me, worth it.

It's a joy to see how much The Sims have grown since S2, and I look forward to many more stuff packs, game packs, and expansion packs! Maybe one day having the chance to introduce The Sims to my kids!
    I'm looking forward to more with this community!

Hello @Moderocker :) It nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing Sims 2. It was such a special Christmas gift to receive the base game and seasons , that has led you to enjoy simming ever since!
    Legacies are a special part of simming! It is very nice seeing the new generations of children and how they are similar or differ from previous generations and siblings.
    I hope that your children will become simmers in the future like you !
  • Options
    SimPandasSimPandas Posts: 10 New Member
    Artemis wrote: »
    SimPandas wrote: »
    Hello there :smiley:

I like pandas.

I wish pandas were in the game.

You can technically dress up as a panda, but maybeee just maybe, we'll see pandas in the new pets update? Fingers crossed lol
  • Options
    honeyboomhoneyboom Posts: 243 Member
    hi! :D I'm gemma. I'm a musician, artist and dancer from australia. I've been playing the sims since i was like 9-10. i will love it forever ^_^
    "every star may be a sun to someone"-carl sagan
  • Options
    honeyboom wrote: »
    hi! :D I'm gemma. I'm a musician, artist and dancer from australia. I've been playing the sims since i was like 9-10. i will love it forever ^_^

Hello @honeyboom :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been playing The Sims since you were young. Simming is very enjoyable for such a wide variety of ages!
    It is very nice that you express your artistic creativity as a musician, artist and dancer. I hope that you are enjoying the warm Sumnertime weather in Australia.
  • Options
    Fantasy_DonFantasy_Don Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi everyone, I've been a sims fan since the sims 1 and I used to love playing them on ps2, my fav game was urbz sims in the city. I also love play other video games too. I'm also from england
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I've been a sims fan since the sims 1 and I used to love playing them on ps2, my fav game was urbz sims in the city. I also love play other video games too. I'm also from england

Hello @Fantasy_Don :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original sims 1, and have enjoyed playing both console and pc versions of the game. All the various versions of The Sims games are fun to play!
    It is great that you enjoy playing other video games also. You would enjoy choosing which game to play depending on how you are feeling that day.
  • Options
    HBK19HBK19 Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi, been a member for a while but didn't have much need to post. I wanted to ask a question on the main forums for TS4 but it won't let me create a thread.
  • Options
    HBK19 wrote: »
    Hi, been a member for a while but didn't have much need to post. I wanted to ask a question on the main forums for TS4 but it won't let me create a thread.

Hello @HBK19 :) It is nice to meet you.
    There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads though may have been restricted for simmers that have the new member tag. You may not be able to start a new thread until you become a full member. This occurs sometimes, especially at weekends and at holiday times even when previously you were able to start a new thread.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

Happy simming :)
  • Options
    honeyboomhoneyboom Posts: 243 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

It is nice that you have been playing The Sims since you were young. Simming is very enjoyable for such a wide variety of ages!
    It is very nice that you express your artistic creativity as a musician, artist and dancer. I hope that you are enjoying the warm Sumnertime weather in Australia.

Thank you ^_^
    Also by warm summertime weather you mean going blind and catching fire as soon as i go outside, right? :P
    "every star may be a sun to someone"-carl sagan
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Thank you ^_^
    Also by warm summertime weather you mean going blind and catching fire as soon as i go outside, right? :P

You're welcome :)
    I am sorry that the temperature is very high where you live :( It would make you feel quite tired.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Wow rosemow you are welcoming all the new users here by yourself? Good job!

Hello everyone! I would like to introduce myself.
    My name is Busufu, I’m female and 28 years old. I came the loooong way from Switzerland to this Froum ;).
    Usually I am reading and writing around in German Forums, however I was so excited about Vampires that I had to come over here and find out more! ;)
    I’ve been playing Sims since Sims 1. Sims 2 was actually mi favourite game, but after 10 years my PC was too old to handle Sims 2. So I bought a new one, but Sims 2 didn’t run any more on the new PC.
    But it was only 4 months until Sims 4!!!!
    Yeah and now Sims 4 is my absolutely favourite game. (And the only one I play by he way). Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of time to play with the Sims. I work a lot and have a lot of other hobbies too. But I am always looking forward to pay with my Sims.

I work in a hotel (at the reception) in a tourist town. My other hobbies are my pets (two ponies, 3 guinea pigs, one pug), foreign languages and everything about planets and the whole universe .
    So enough of talking! I hope my English is good enough to understand! But actually I get a lot of complements about my English at work ;).
    See you!
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Busufu wrote: »
    Wow rosemow you are welcoming all the new users here by yourself? Good job!

Hello everyone! I would like to introduce myself.
    My name is Busufu, I’m female. I came the loooong way from Switzerland to this Froum ;).
    Usually I am reading and writing around in German Forums, however I was so excited about Vampires that I had to come over here and find out more! ;)
    I’ve been playing Sims since Sims 1. Sims 2 was actually mi favourite game, but after 10 years my PC was too old to handle Sims 2. So I bought a new one, but Sims 2 didn’t run any more on the new PC.
    But it was only 4 months until Sims 4!!!!
    Yeah and now Sims 4 is my absolutely favourite game. (And the only one I play by he way). Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of time to play with the Sims. I work a lot and have a lot of other hobbies too. But I am always looking forward to pay with my Sims.

I work in a hotel (at the reception) in a tourist town. My other hobbies are my pets (two ponies, 3 guinea pigs, one pug), foreign languages and everything about planets and the whole universe .
    So enough of talking! I hope my English is good enough to understand! But actually I get a lot of complements about my English at work ;).
    See you!

Hello @Busufu :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are involved in posting on the German forums, and it is nice that you have now come to these forums also. The new Vampires pack is great! Sims will enjoy living as vampires in Forgotten Hollow !
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing Sims 1, then that led you to enjoying playing Sims 2. It is great that you are now enjoying playing Sims 4. I hope that you will continue to enjoy the times when you are able to do some simming, in the midst of your busy life.
    It is nice that you work at the reception of a hotel. You would enjoy meeting and talking with a variety of people from many different countries. It is very special that you have ponies, guinea pigs and a pug as pets. They would be very special animal members of your family household.
  • Options
    Popsicle269Popsicle269 Posts: 5 New Member
    After feels like an eternity of lurking these forums, I thought I'd finally participate.

I'm Popsicle269, a username I don't use anymore but oh well. I enjoy playing Sims 2 and Sims 4, Sims 3 doesn't really work well for me. Besides from The Sims franchise, I play a lot of indie games (especially tycoon and survival games) as well as any game I see on sale that looks interesting. I also love art (though I'm still working on actually making good stuff) and have 5 adorable cats! I look forward to being a part of the community! :smile:
  • Options
    After feels like an eternity of lurking these forums, I thought I'd finally participate.

I'm Popsicle269, a username I don't use anymore but oh well. I enjoy playing Sims 2 and Sims 4, Sims 3 doesn't really work well for me. Besides from The Sims franchise, I play a lot of indie games (especially tycoon and survival games) as well as any game I see on sale that looks interesting. I also love art (though I'm still working on actually making good stuff) and have 5 adorable cats! I look forward to being a part of the community! :smile:

Hello @Popsicle269 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums! It is great that you have joined the forums community.
    It is nice that you enjoy playing sims 2 and sims 4, as well as a variety of other games. You would enjoy choosing what game to play depending on how you are feeling that day and what type of game you would like to play.
    It is special that you have 5 cats! They would keep you busy looking after them.
  • Options
    ValentinaEmber_WolffValentinaEmber_Wolff Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi,I'm Valentina! I started playing Sims 3 in 2012 and it has helped me cope with my Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I like creating anime characters as sims. So far,I have created Levi Ackerman from Attack on Titan, Erwin Smith from AoT, and Hanji Zoe from AoT! I have yet to create the other superiors to the 104th Trainee Squad from Attack on Titan.
  • Options
    Hi,I'm Valentina! I started playing Sims 3 in 2012 and it has helped me cope with my Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I like creating anime characters as sims. So far,I have created Levi Ackerman from Attack on Titan, Erwin Smith from AoT, and Hanji Zoe from AoT! I have yet to create the other superiors to the 104th Trainee Squad from Attack on Titan.

Hello @ValentinaEmber_Wolff :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3. I send hugs to you as you live day by day with your Generalised Anxiety Disorder and its effects on your life <3 Simming is a great way of helping us cope with health issues. It allows us to take a break from real life and all that it is holding, and is fun too!
    It is great that you create simversions of anime characters! They would be fun for you to have in your game!
    Happy simming and creating! :)
  • Options
    valJCP81valJCP81 Posts: 34 Member
    Hello everyone!
    I am a long time Sims player. I began buying and playing in 2007 and I have been hooked every since. I never got involved with the community for fear of being disliked or coming off as corny....lol! But, I think it's time for me to be more open. I do hope to meet some fellow simmers and enjoy some fun and interesting convo with you all.
    Thanks for reading... 1Luv <3
    1Luv <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top