Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Unsupported Age" Found Between baby and child lifestate in Sims 4 files -> Toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    ^^ I despised those horrid things!
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    How on earth do poeple find information like this? Lol it always leaves me baffled.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    This is old LOL
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited May 2016
    BabySquare wrote: »
    How on earth do poeple find information like this? Lol it always leaves me baffled.
    Its called Data-mineing, people take a look at the files of Sims and finds data about things that are in the code. However bare in mind that just because its in the coding does not mean it will ever be a thing in the game itself, sometimes is just data from things that got scabbed or will be added later. Quite a common thing, WoW gets data minded quite often.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    A family game pack perhaps? Instead of having a bunch of unfocused objects and features, they'll be focused on family aspects in this pack. All the Life Stages will be cared for, a TS4:Family Game Pack if you will. Toddlers and the possible Pre-Teens will be added in a patch beforehand?

If it is a pack instead of added to the base game - then if we get Supernaturals they will not be able to have toddlers too. That would be horrible. I love toddler witches and fairies and even aliens - none of which can happen unless they are added to the base game. Look at when they added YA's to the game in University - we could not have YA in any of the regular game towns - they could only be in the University town. How would that work for toddlers. Sort of defeats the purpose if you ask me - and they absolutely must be in the base game.

I know this is old... but I couldn't let this go.

Supernaturals aren't suppose to have powers until their powers are awakened.
    Werewolves don't turn until their 13th birthday, or whenever kids hit puberty these days.
    Sorcerer's powers don't fully awaken until they're 7.
    it's fitting that I only know those two.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

In that flat form it looks like a Cabbage Patch Kid...
    It is called a skin mask and all the life stages have one. That type of visual file actually has been around since the Sims 1 days. Most Simmers don't run into them unless they use usually a third party program to open the file and make their own CC.

Here is a CC of the Sims 4 mask version of the adult face.
    w-600h-450-2624954.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Werewolves don't turn until their 13th birthday, or whenever kids hit puberty these days.
    that changes from show to show, game to game, book to book... those rules don't apply in the Sims. :p
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2016
    Scobre wrote: »

It is called a skin mask and all the life stages have one. That type of visual file actually has been around since the Sims 1 days. Most Simmers don't run into them unless they use usually a third party program to open the file and make their own CC.

Here is a CC of the Sims 4 mask version of the adult face.
    w-600h-450-2624954.jpg

I've made a few custom clothes recolours in TS2, but I don't touch the skins because they look more complicated :p
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I've made a few custom clothes recolours in TS2, but I don't touch the skins because they look more complicated :p
    Yeah they are. That's cool you made CC. Body Shop program was nice for making CC for TS2. I think hair and skins are the most challenging CC to make.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    aubreestarraubreestarr Posts: 2 New Member
    Just trying to get the word out, I am creating a project to create Toddlers, I have a mesh, someone directed me here from that "toddler skin".
    Toddler skin, baby skin, doesn't matter to me because I'm going to make it work and then build off of it. As of right now this project needs someone experienced with armature rigging in Blender to create the most user-friendly skeleton possible, and then we can move forward from there. Please contact me on tumblr at @devoidcreations if you know of anyone experienced and willing to do an armature rig. The project is at a halt until the little guy has a skeleton.
  • Options
    BloodiedRockerBloodiedRocker Posts: 1 New Member
    Yeah i can't get over the missing toddler age. I was really excited about the sims 4 and looking forward to it, but knowing that toddlers are missing completely turned me off the game. I'm not interested in purchasing the sims 4 until it's fixed. If it doesn't get fixed, i'll stick to the sims 3.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Babies in The Sims 3 WERE objects!!! I just realized that! How were our sims able to carry them around and not be able to control them? :open_mouth: Toddlers on the other hand, WERE a playable life stage, and your sim was able to carry them. But, you couldn't do certain things while carrying them. Toddlers must have animations to react to whatever is going on around them, since the sims in TS4's AI is smarter, and our little ones are driven on that same AI, and Pre-Teens too if they're added.
    No, they're sims. They have their own need bars - an object doesn't - and you can't find them in buydebug. And when you change the colour of the crib, nothing will happen to the looks of the baby.

No, they are in fact objects in the games codingm it's not up for debate really, the game labels them as objects which is why they're the only life stage not in cas.
    Missed this. How are they objects in the game code? Genuine question, I'm curious.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,535 Member
    edited July 2016
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    ^^ I despised those horrid things!

Just because they grew out of the ground in a cabbage...

:# No... you're right. Horrible and creepy.
    I wonder how many resurrections this thread has had.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    rshell193rshell193 Posts: 284 Member
    I really wanna believe this. I miss toddlers. I don't like playing with babies because they just lay there. I aged up the baby in the household today and straight to a child as usual....almost made me turn the game off :/:(
  • Options
    egandreegandre Posts: 659 Member
    @aubreestarr Do you have any updates on how your toddler mod is coming along? I would LOVE to have toddlers back in the game!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    Also, to add onto this.. this skin overlay supposedly belongs to the Toddler lifestage.
    This was found somewhat around Nov 2015 during the patch.

What do you guys think of It?
    2epllpi.jpg

exclusive-Kids-header.jpg

Actually that looks like the baby sim used in the different staging pictures for the game for advertisement purposes. It is very Deceptive of course - because that BABY is not in our games, but it is used in various advertisements for the game. Not a toddler though.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I actually never thought about that. Based on the eyebrows alone it's definitely the render baby.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Old thread bump!
    Just because :D:D hehe
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    They only had over a year to add in the extra life stages. I'd rather them implement them properly (like they did with the Children this time) then quickly get them done (like they did with Teens).

But this would basically indicate Toddlers are in the works. They would have just removed the coding from the game, had they never planned to finish them :)

They might not necessarily have removed the coding. Plenty of games have leftover coding from concepts which were removed.

Perfect example: TS2 Pets. There is a "hidden" neighborhood (the one the two bin families from this EP were supposed to be in) that some people tried to access and play. It ended up screwing up their game. :/
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Siminati confirmed. :D
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I think it's pretty much confirmed toddlers are coming back, first people found "toddlers" in the game files then they found a texture and now this. You will have to admit SimGurus!

Textures?

tumblr_nixhkcUf7k1sdo4uwo1_500.png

That... Is... Really... Scary :open_mouth:

Lol! Right..Chucky Anyone?

But really..how old is this file before you all get worked up...."again".
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    It's the developers making jokes in the codes.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    A family game pack perhaps? Instead of having a bunch of unfocused objects and features, they'll be focused on family aspects in this pack. All the Life Stages will be cared for, a TS4:Family Game Pack if you will. Toddlers and the possible Pre-Teens will be added in a patch beforehand?

If it is a pack instead of added to the base game - then if we get Supernaturals they will not be able to have toddlers too. That would be horrible. I love toddler witches and fairies and even aliens - none of which can happen unless they are added to the base game. Look at when they added YA's to the game in University - we could not have YA in any of the regular game towns - they could only be in the University town. How would that work for toddlers. Sort of defeats the purpose if you ask me - and they absolutely must be in the base game.

Sure in alot of lore they don't awaken their powers but they'll do things by accident like make toys dissapear etc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    YAS!
    Please come! Even if it's in 2020!...No, wait.
    They wouldn't do that to us, right?
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    uGGHHH I was reading this and thinking wow... then pages into it, I actually looked at the dates instead of the words.. That is very frustrating to find that file over a year ago and still no toddlers.. :s
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top