Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cascades & Daily Deals- Getting the best bang for your SP

Comments

• Options
    TheStarlightSimmTheStarlightSimm Posts: 76 Member
    Okay so I just talked to EA Costumer service and a person I was chatting with told me that she also has Monte Vista, but it also doesn't show up as owned. She said it is a general issue and it can't be fixed i guess.
    My Wishlist
    77 Sets, 42 Premium content and 4 Wolrds away from owning the Store B)
  • Options
    Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    Hi @TheStarlightSimm Yes I had the same problem with Date Night. It showed up in my purchase history, I was able to download and play it. But the store didn't recognize it as being owned. :neutral: I just talked to customer service and they fixed it for me! It took a while, but it's fixed! The person I talked to was very friendly and patient with me. English is not my native language, so typing everything correctly takes some time haha :lol: Glad everything worked out *happy dance*
  • Options
    TheStarlightSimmTheStarlightSimm Posts: 76 Member
    Martje89 wrote: »
    Hi @TheStarlightSimm Yes I had the same problem with Date Night. It showed up in my purchase history, I was able to download and play it. But the store didn't recognize it as being owned. :neutral: I just talked to customer service and they fixed it for me! It took a while, but it's fixed! The person I talked to was very friendly and patient with me. English is not my native language, so typing everything correctly takes some time haha :lol: Glad everything worked out *happy dance*

So person i chatted with lied to me! :o:o
    Did you have to give them the code you used for Date Night? Because I lost mine :(
    My Wishlist
    77 Sets, 42 Premium content and 4 Wolrds away from owning the Store B)
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited January 2016
    hi every one
    Post edited by adamzaid on
  • Options
    hi @Martje89 I have a question about the cascade of best of 2012 so I own the grill but the Itadikamisu! should be free at the dd #489 or after you get the grill without it coming on the dd?? thx
  • Options
    hi @Martje89 I have a question about the cascade of best of 2012 so I own the grill but the Itadikamisu! should be free at the dd #489 or after you get the grill without it coming on the dd?? thx
  • Options
    Hi @adamzaid :smile: If you own the Chun Co Teppanyaki Grill you will get the Itadikamisu set for free at DD 489. So you have to wait for that particular DD to get the set. If you're not sure if something will be free without the DD's, you can always check the set pages. If you see a green download button this means you can go ahead and download the set for free. I hope this answers your question. :smile:
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options
    hi @martje89 so I found out a cascade my self if you buy the midcentury living and kitchen set you get the plast from the past for free!!!
  • Options
    AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    I got a green download for the Go All In Compilation, but I don't have a green download for October 2011 compilation even though I have Vineyard Villa Furnishings... Hmmm anybody know why? The only items that I don't have in the compilation is the Boho Men, but I was supposed to get a green download for that. :confounded:
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited February 2016
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    Assirk wrote: »
    I got a green download for the Go All In Compilation, but I don't have a green download for October 2011 compilation even though I have Vineyard Villa Furnishings... Hmmm anybody know why? The only items that I don't have in the compilation is the Boho Men, but I was supposed to get a green download for that. :confounded:

Hi @Assirk :smile: I tried that cascade as well a while ago and also didn't get a green download button for October 2011. Just like you, I also owned Vineyard Villa Furnishings. I'm not completely sure, but I think I was gifted Laurel Beatnik and Way-out and Wild and then I completed October 2011 for 65 SP.
  • Options
    TeaganJCTeaganJC Posts: 117 Member
    @LadybugLeslie @Martje89 (tagged you because you seem active on here, so you may be interested)

(I didn't see this in the list, so hopefully it's newish news and not something I ignorantly missed)

Hello, I found a way to get the January 2012 compilation (3500sp) for ~171sp (I'm sure there are ways to make this cheaper. Note that it is only this cheap if you own the 'Best of 2012 Compilation', otherwise you'll be in for spending a pretty penny :'( ). The January 2012 compilation includes:

The Sims Classic- Welcome Back to Three Lakes Set/Killer Classic Items except for two
    Year of the Dragon Set
    Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set
    Steampunk Kitchen
    More Magic!
    The Soothsayers Crystal Ball Set

However, you're really only getting the Edwardian Expression Kitchen, Steampunk Kitchen, The Sims Classic- Welcome Back to Three Lakes Set and the Cow Plant for this price.

How to get this price:

Obtain the 'Best of 2012' set, because you (or, at least, I) need/ed these 12 items: More Magic [set], Lord Vladmir's Magic Cauldron, Voodoo Doll, Fortune Teller's Charmed Hairstyle, Divine Future Fortune Teller Dress, Fortune Teller's Turban, Divine Future Fortune Teller's Outfit, Soothsayer's Seat Soother Chair, The Dandy Lady, Mr. Tailored Topper, Ms. Tailored Topper, Blown Away Hairstyle.

Obtain the 'Year of The Dragon' set (I assume that I got this for free because it is extraordinarily unlikely I would have paid for it - so hopefully you can still obtain it).

Obtain one item from (I'm assuming any other item from the other sets will do) the Edwardian Expression Kitchen set (I purchased the Gelatin Sculpture when it was on DD not so long ago for 11sp).

NOW, once you have obtained these 15 items, you should be able to purchase the January 2012 set for only 160sp!! So, altogether I spent 171so on this set. For only 171sp, you will receive (extra):

The Cow Plant (Individually 706sp)
    The Sims Classic- Welcome Back to Three Lakes Set
    Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set
    Steampunk Kitchen

---

From this, you can then get the New Year, New Kitchen! set for free (as you already own all of the content).
    This also brings down the 'Killer Classics' set for 75sp instead of 1188sp (However you only receive two new items - the Cow spring ride and arcade machine for this price).

---

I'm not sure exactly how many of those items or how much you need to spend to get the January 2012 compilation for this price (you may not need the extra item). Those are just the items from the set which I owned for me to be able to receive that price. I do apologise about the repetitiveness of this post, but I hope that it's useful for others who really wanted the Edwardian Kitchen Set/New Year New Kitchen set, so now you don't need to work on getting the CYS discount on those, if you can do this and get others on top of it. :smiley:
  • Options
    Hi @TeaganJC :) Nice to meet you and thank you so much for sharing this! I completed the January 2012 Compilation in a different way, which cost me around 320 SP. That's still cheap for a compilation that normally cost 3500 SP. But it's great to read there is an even cheaper way to complete it! I'm sure lots of people can benefit from your advice. :blush:

Oh and you're right about the Year of the Dragon set. This is one of the free store sets. Be sure to check out the rest as well in this thread. There are many other great sets and items you can get for free :blush:
  • Options
    @Martje89 Nice to meet you, too! :)

Thanks for linking that, there were a couple I didn't have! Although, I am sad to learn about the memory-sharing rewards as now I actually have to share those instead of letting them rot in the notifications or turning them off haha. Fortunately I only need to share 25 to get the furnishings :)
  • Options
    It's my pleasure @TeaganJC :blush: I'm glad you found some new items to add to your game. And I feel the same about the memory-sharing rewards, because it sometimes slows down my game when I share them. The furniture is really nice though and I use them often. The clothing items are the only ones I don't have yet. Maybe one day I will try to get those as well. We'll see :wink:
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited February 2016
    @Martje89 Hi, I have a question about Best of 2010 (271 TOT SP)*

I'm working on accumulating the Tiki living and dining sets. I've also added the Full Int Castle to my wl. I did the animals about cascade already. As far as the 3 individual items worth 200SP, are those just any items in the comp?
    I'm hoping to get whole comp on dd #242.
    Thanks in advance.

Edit, I have the tiki living and dining sets now, as well as the castle interior. I guess the only thing left is to get three items worth about 200SP. I plan on getting the comp for free on DD that is coming up.

- on sale: Tiki Living set (138 tot SP)
    - DD #684: Full Int Castle (25 SP for me)
    - Tiki Dining (50 SP for me off DD, but that has passed now)
    - Wilderness Dreaming- free from Animals Abound Cascade
    - Panda & Friends- free from Animals Abound Cascade
    - 3 individual items that combine for a SPV of 200 SP (mine are DD#371 (expired), and upcoming DD# 408 and DD# 485
    - DD #242: Best of 2010 Compilation-- free-- Now go click the green download on the Ultra Lounge Compilation; this gives you Ultra Lounge Laundry for free. This will make Loads of Laundry free at DD# 447 !
    Post edited by lasummerb on
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    I'm wondering ... if anyone ever thought to put Sims Store maths on a school curriculum?! :)

I just love that so many people are working out these great combinations to take advantage of Store deals - discounts, percentages, sets and sub-sets it's real mathematics folks ... but the fun sort! :)

Then add in the psychology of purchase decisions and you've got a real academic study right here! In fact, I think someone (possibly @kellycot1 ?) was talking about using the Sims store in a college/university paper some time ago ...
  • Options
    TheBrownDragonTheBrownDragon Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi TeaganJC and all

If you want to save even more points and don't mind waiting for some Daily Deals over the next few months you can spend ~61 instead of 171, assuming my maths is right...

663: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Toasty Fine Flame Finish Stove - 26
    787: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Classy Clean Dishwasher - 25
    862: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Haute High Hanging Wall Shelf – 6

Then you can get January 2012 for around about 4 points (possibly 3 or even 0)

Also, if Killer Classics will then cost 75, it should be free with deal 892, saving even more.

P.S. Thanks everyone for working out these things. I've had fun trying out some of these cascades lately.
  • Options
    adamzaid wrote: »
    hi @martje89 so I found out a cascade my self if you buy the midcentury living and kitchen set you get the plast from the past for free!!!

Hi @adamzaid :) Sorry for my late response, but for some reason I didn't get the notification that you tagged me. Anyway, I'm so glad to see you enjoying the DD stalking and I want to thank you very much for sharing this! :blush: Enjoy your new goodies!

@TheBrownDragon There are about 15 items from the Edwardian Expression Kitchet set that are part of the current DD rotation, so that could definitely save you some simpoints! Thank you for sharing this info :blush: And you're right, it is so much fun to try out all these cascades!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Hi @lasummerb :blush: It doesn't matter which 3 individual items you choose from the compilation. The most important thing is that the total value of these items is worth 200 SP. So you can just pick any item, even more than 3 if you want to, as long as the total value is 200 SP. For example you could also add 8 items of 25 SP to your wishlist, because if you add them up the value also is 200 SP.

To get the Best of 2010 Compilation for free on the DD, you'll need an estimated CYS of 2214. I don't know if you are familiar with Elianahere's CYS calculator, but this is a really useful tool to calculate how much a set or compilation will cost you when it appears on the DD. I hope you'll be able to get that lovely green button tomorrow :mrgreen: Good luck!

P.s. I sent you something to help you with the compilation. I didn't see any other items from Best of 2010 on your wishlist, but if you need anything more than please let me know. I'll be happy to help you :blush:
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited February 2016
    @Martje89 Thank you so much for getting back to me! And thanks for the gift. Someone else also gifted me a counter worth 50SP, so that makes one hundred SP, I have added four items worth 25SP to my wishlist.

I have the Tiki living and dining sets, the Full Castle interior, Wilderness Dreaming, panda and friends, the last two free from the animals abound cascade. And now thanks to you and @MsRed I have 100SP worth of stuff from that collection. I just need to collect the last 100SP. I hope that's everything that I will need. Thank you so much again for all your help! :)

PS, Yes I have used the calculator, it comes in very handy.
    PPS I currently have a CYS of 2295.

• Options
    > @TheBrownDragon said:
    > Hi TeaganJC and all
    >
    > If you want to save even more points and don't mind waiting for some Daily Deals over the next few months you can spend ~61 instead of 171, assuming my maths is right...
    >
    > 663: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Toasty Fine Flame Finish Stove - 26
    > 787: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Classy Clean Dishwasher - 25
    > 862: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Haute High Hanging Wall Shelf – 6
    >
    > Then you can get January 2012 for around about 4 points (possibly 3 or even 0)
    >
    > Also, if Killer Classics will then cost 75, it should be free with deal 892, saving even more.
    >
    > P.S. Thanks everyone for working out these things. I've had fun trying out some of these cascades lately.

Dang, I didn't even consider waiting around. Thanks for sharing, I think I should do some more research next time instead of jumping in... :smile:
  • Options
    MermaidInWonderlanMermaidInWonderlan Posts: 219 Member
    edited February 2016
    EDIT: OOPS!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top