Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cascades & Daily Deals- Getting the best bang for your SP

Comments

• Options
    Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    @napoleonwrasse Hm. Darn it. Was hoping to get the matching Compilation down to the green button with just LLL, oh well. I'm mostly getting the clothes and hair styles from said wedding set but I forget the prices on the items I already own thx to @Ximph who is a complete gem when it comes to gifting! (Apparently it's at said CYS discount already but I am impatient so I'll leave the rest up and see how far that takes it before adding in more.) And while the Cinema itself isn't up for CYS, maybe it counts towards the overall CYS of the Compilation it's in? I can never get that straight.
  • Options
    napoleonwrassenapoleonwrasse Posts: 310 Member
    @Cynth220 The venue does count but purchasing it will cost unnecessary simpoints. You'll end up spending more than you need to. The cheapest and best method to own that Compilation is to own Live Laugh Love, the Movie Screen, and the Barrier System and then get the March 2013 Compilation for 220sp. Which is a great deal since you're getting a large set and a venue for a fraction of the price if you buy them individually.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    @Cynth220 Completing Live Laugh Love will not make March 2013 free. If you own both the Barrier System and the Movie Screen the compilation will be at it's cheapest price: 220sp.

According to my math, in order to get Live Laugh Love free on Daily Deals #345 and #784 (when it is most discounted) you need a CYS of at least 1105sp. In order to get that CYS, you need to own a total of 725sp worth of items from Live Laugh Love.

@Jahnna That is really odd that it is not showing as owned. But it is showing as owned in your purchase history? Are you still able to download the items from your purchase history? @Franny might be the best person to ask about that because she is the most familiar with that cascade.

It showed as owned in the history and I could download it. But I figured it. The site must be really slow or glitchy but when logged out and back in again it registered it all as owned and 100%. Problem solved. :smiley:
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    That's great! :)
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
  • Options
    @Cynth220 The venue does count but purchasing it will cost unnecessary simpoints. You'll end up spending more than you need to. The cheapest and best method to own that Compilation is to own Live Laugh Love, the Movie Screen, and the Barrier System and then get the March 2013 Compilation for 220sp. Which is a great deal since you're getting a large set and a venue for a fraction of the price if you buy them individually.

Here's the sticking point: I've tried getting the Barrier System anyway but haven't been successful in that endeavor, and that's the only other thing I really want from March 2013 so I'm trying to figure out different ways of getting it. But thx for the help anyway.
  • Options
    No problem. :)

I bought mine when it was on the sale page. It comes on there a lot and usually for a reasonable price.
  • Options
    I only got 2 points anyway so I'll just have to fidget with stuff until I can get something done. (bought pair of boots and wall planter off the DD)
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited July 2016
    Franny wrote: »

UPDATE: Simmers who have successfully completed the Animals Abound Cascade since 04/17/16:

@p3dromoises
    @Odonata68
    @Scotsim
    @SimmingWithStars
    @AftrNoonOvrRide

UPDATE: Simmers who have successfully completed the Animals Abound Cascade since 5/18/16:

@Kallicalico
    @Hoplass

UPDATE: Simmers who have successfully completed the Animals Abound Cascade since 6/18/16:

@ChanCake
    @Pandypink
    @hannekemuffin
    @Karnzter
    @skylar188
    @Fields007
    @lovlyb
    @Lunarflowermaid
    @ELI722
    @Jahnna
    @mirta000

If you have completed the Animals Abound Cascade and want to be added to this list, let me know. :)
    Happy Simming! <3
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    Hello fellow simming friends!!! I clearly am going to be a very infrequent visitor to the forums; I'm still getting my mom of 3 groove on :joy: . I'm so happy to see new people finding the thread and all of you guys answering each others questions <3
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited July 2016
    edit:oops nvm
  • Options
    sarah1114sarah1114 Posts: 76 Member
    Hello everyone!

I just had a Cascades question, since I'm terrible with math.

So, the Oh My Goth compilation. I already own the Steampunk Savvy set. Coming up in the DD is the
    Gothic Glamour Living Room- Aichmophobia Despair Sofa (reg 99, DD 48), and I'm trying to figure out if it would be cheaper for me to purchase it, and maybe another item, and get the Oh My Goth cheaper then the Cascade way.

In other words I'm trying to ask what the best path for someone who already owns Steampunk Savvy is.

Thank you in advance.

My Wishlist
    Thank you to anyone who has ever gifted me, I really appreciate it! :)
  • Options
    With owning Steampunk Savvy in order to get Oh My Goth free (according to my math) you will need 1345sp worth of items.

Purchasing all single items on DD that are in Oh My Goth will result in it Oh My Goth costing 815sp (according to my math).

So it looks like buying the Gothic Glamour Living Room- Aichmophobia Despair Sofa then Technophobe No More (as per the Cascade way) will be cheaper because by owning Technophobe No More + Steampunk Savvy should make Oh My Goth free for you. This will cost ~420sp vs 815.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    if you're here, you probably already know this, but, I made a video on simpoint farming:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iYUW_JPMRA
  • Options
    sarah1114sarah1114 Posts: 76 Member
    @napoleonwrasse Thank you!

Also, I just had another question. Does owning the Best of 2012 cascade make the January 2012 bundle free? If not, how much is left for the CYS? Just trying to plan out how to spend my SPs. :)
    Thanks~

My Wishlist
    Thank you to anyone who has ever gifted me, I really appreciate it! :)
  • Options
    mirta000 wrote: »
    if you're here, you probably already know this, but, I made a video on simpoint farming:

Haha, great! This is the way I've been farming my points for the last month. I think I started exactly a month ago and I've farmed well more than 40,000 points, once been able to get 4,000 in one day. I'm pretty certain I own at least have of the store now which is fantastic as I've never spent real money on simpoints. <3
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @sarah1114 The sets from Best of 2012 that overlap with other compilations are India Inspirations with April 2012 and More Magic with January 2012. By owning Best of 2012 the CYS for January 2012 will be 1545sp and for April 2012 will be 645sp (according to my math). But there is a cascade for April 2012 that will only cost 71sp. I don't know of a specific cascade for January 2012, but I am sure there is a cheaper way to get it, I just can't recall how I did at the moment.

EDIT: I used the Daily Deal to get New Year, New Kitchen for a reduced price or free (can't remember which) and then owning that and More Magic gave January 2012 a CYS of 85sp. I think in total it cost me around 700-750sp? which is about half of just buying January 2012 outright at 1545sp.
    Post edited by napoleonwrasse on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I've just purchased the Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection for only 55 SP on DD #252 because I already owned the surf station (which I got from Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty, reduced as well). Maybe this helps somebody.
    Post edited by Jahnna on
  • Options
    I know it's been a little bit, but I hope someone is still lurking like me. I just got Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes for the best price today which brought down January 2013 Compilation to 255 sp. My cys for Ragtime in the Big Easy is 1295sp so getting the compilation will save me over 1000 sp. Huge savings, but I have a question for the experts ;), Ragtime will be 71% off in September, if I don't get Ragtime seprately will the reduced "price" affect the cys of January 2013 and make it even lower? Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. I couldn't find it. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    With your Jan Comp being only 255sp. You probably only need to own 2 maybe 3 items from the Ragtime set to get the green download button for the Compilation. It would probably be cheaper to get the set through the compilation rather than trying to get the individual set in September.

After the first item purchased from a set. Each item you own gives you 90% of the items worth. I've never been exactly sure how that translates into compilations.
  • Options
    @scillakees thank you for your response! I do own 3 items from ragtime and definitely plan on getting it through the comp, so maybe it will be free. :) Oh, and a huge thanks to you for all the gifts, <3<3<3 again! I've been working all the time and come home to gifts! Makes my day. Thank you so much for your generosity.
  • Options
    Ragtime being 71% off will not effect the compilation price. Since no items in Ragtime are on daily deal your cheapest bet is to pay for the compilation unless an item in the set happens to be on the sale page for a discount greater than 10%.

But if you own nothing from Ragtime buy the cheapest item in Ragtime (even if it's full price) because the first item you buy from a set has the best impact on CYS.

However, it will not save you simpoints if you buy any other items full price to try and bring the compilation price down.
  • Options
    Thanks @napoleonwrasse I do own 3 items from Ragtime that I got through MMAO so I did't pay full price. Although, I don't remember the percentage off. It usually has to be a really good deal in order for me to purchase through MMAO. :)
  • Options
    @Odonata68 Oh that's good. I realized I was typing when you had already posted. :blush:

I was the same way about MMAO, but the patience did seem to award good deals. :)
  • Options
    @napoleonwrasse yeah the % off usually runs in the 14% to 20% range mostly. I try to only use mmao on things that aren't on the dd. I'll use it to "get my foot in the door" a little more cheaply, so to speak. I don't know if that made sense :D
  • Options
    @Odonata68 It makes sense. That's exactly what I did when I was working on owning the store.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top