Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @JennMarie I play on epic life stage also. There is still so much of the Sims 3 that I never played before.
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    edited June 2015
    Currently playing around in Sunlit Tides with my favorite sim, Hypoluxo. I made him as a child a few weeks ago because I wanted to watch him grow up to be the neurotic, neat freak, genius that he is. :smiley: He and his non-Alien mother, Sanibel, live in this house I built based on a house I saw in Marathon, Florida a couple of years ago.

85fa7637-4f98-4bbe-bf15-26d73f65b89d_zpscwc90vlv.jpg
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    @Kaike78 Awesome you were able to create a house on one that interested you in real life.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited June 2015
    @CK213 That's a very cool looking dorm.
    @Fleurkween I just love that idea to have cavemen sims! Epic. :D Really like the sound of travelling through the ages like that.
    @cwaddell One thing I'm definitely guilty of is using MC to take townies into Cas, do it constantly. Something I found when searching for this moving bug we're experiencing, if Pangu's axe is in the household it will affect ability to move. Well of course I don't have it, so none the wiser, but it did make me wonder what else in the inventory might cause it.
    @CravenLestat Well my teen went back to normal a couple of hours later, so technically not really ghost dating, but it was amusing how totally unfazed she seemed.
    @JennMarie Landon is very easy on the eye. I like Jamie Jolina, she's another one who made it to my sim bin for use in other worlds.

I'm convinced I have a family of idiots. You don't go in the boot, the luggage does!
    281aebl.jpg

Further proof of being a few sandwiches short of a picnic
    lw19j.jpg
  • Options
    JennMarieJennMarie Posts: 74 Member
    @Kaike78 thats a great looking house!
    @Scrapdash those cars are very easy on the eyes!
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Why turn off tourists ...
    Because I don't need a bunch of mini-sims cluttering up my town and causing lag.

I decided to turn tourists off in my home town after playing a doctor. I thought giving vaccinations would be the opportune time to meet the sims in town. Instead a whole bunch of tourists filled up the line and he never got to the sims I wanted him to meet.

I might feel differently if tourists were the real sims and not a look-alike double, with often different life circumstances. Nothing that happens to the mini-sims effect the real sims back in their home town.

• Options
    NinjakitzNinjakitz Posts: 142 Member
    edited June 2015
    @cwaddell I didn't know you could turn off tourists, awesome!
    Edit: How do you make these @ work? Am I looking something obvious over?
  • Options
    Ninjakitz wrote: »
    @cwaddell I didn't know you could turn off tourists, awesome!

I use the NRaas Register mod to do that. I use it to play without paparazzi, to limit the number of wild animals, etc. It gives the ability to control the number of the different NPCs in town. I started using it when some of my towns that I played for awhile would develop lag. Now I also delete the cache files which may negate the need for the Register mod to reduce lag.
  • Options
    @blazerntq : Talk about a bombshell. Looking forward to your updates. I've never played a stylist before.

@JennMarie : What a cute couple.

@Kaike78 : Love the house. Is it on the exchange?
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    @cwaddell One thing I'm definitely guilty of is using MC to take townies into Cas, do it constantly. Something I found when searching for this moving bug we're experiencing, if Pangu's axe is in the household it will affect ability to move. Well of course I don't have it, so none the wiser, but it did make me wonder what else in the inventory might cause it.
    Hopefully one of us will figure out more about this annoying problem.
    I'm convinced I have a family of idiots. You don't go in the boot, the luggage does!
    Further proof of being a few sandwiches short of a picnic
    LOL
  • Options
    @cwaddell It is not but I can upload it without the CC for you if you'd like. :) Glad that you, @blazerntq and @JennMarie like the house.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2015
    I need to catch up to you guys,

@Blazerntq Angeilique is beautiful :love: That hairstyle fits her face perfect (She is a dime).Be sure to show your makeovers once you get started.At first some just want a new hair or shoes but eventually want full makeovers.

@jennmarie Good choice Jamie Jolina is super cute when made over.I love how confident your sim is cutting up food on the picture.Dark shades plus not looking when cutting = Pro B)

@Kaike78 Love the house and it is very Florida :o best part is the parking under the deck like at condos.Great job How many Bdrms and baths? Good colors too and post some interior pics I like house pics. o:)

@Scrapdash What is wrong in those pictures? Only thing I find a little strange driving with the top down in winter.Am I missing something? :D

@Cwaddell I have never tried the Doctor career yet,I did when it was just a rabbit hole job medical thing before ambitions but never tried vaccinations and stuff.Only seen pictures of it :'( And did not know tourists lagged your game. :(

But will say something in my game I noticed that is getting squashed immediately,it is awful.Never had Paparazzi and sims with celebrity status with a Carousel on my home lot.Pearl and Hui young Kim have celeb stars and the Paparazzi constantly ask your entire family to ride the Carousel and will not stop asking.literally will ask throughout the day and night and it causes your Sims to cancel their actions to do it (It takes priority).I do not like using cheats but have no choice but to terminate my Sims celeb status.Selling my Carousel is not an option I like it.For anybody seeing this do not have a Carousel on your lot if you are celeb.Normally I praise EA cause they did alot right,but that is horrible and game breaking in my opinion and only stops when the Paparazzi leave.It is way worse then having Paparazzi + massage table if you guys ever experienced that.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @CravenLestat -You might need to start using NRaas Mods to fix the issues you just started to have in your game.NRaas Register gets rid of paparazzi and Master Controller could be used to remove the stars while story progression has settings to turn that whole system off and to disable the celebrity disgrace.I don't get issues like you are having because I've had Mods in there for a long time and that's what kept my games from getting ruined like yours just did.
    @everybody -I've seen a lot of great updates here and liked all of them.
    Here's another update from Glen Harbor in the fall of 1662.
    Cory and Angel Frankovitch were both up early and getting ready for the day when they decided to eat their leftover salad and failed to notice it had gone bad.
    18948204548_a29340a163.jpg
    19135829145_c2e4841996.jpg
    They ended up doing chores like tending their garden and claring out old newspapers after breakfast.
    19135839765_5aa1968c23.jpg
    The ice cream truck stopped outside their house while they were both studying athletic skill and playing chess.
    19130129822_6803aea751.jpg
    Angel eventually had to start getting ready for work while Cory skipped work because she was on maternity leave because of her pregnancy.
    18949740189_a011f2696d.jpg
    Angel got home at 6PM as Cory was using the washroom and eating more of the spoiled salad and he took some of it to eat for dinner because he was too tired to cook.
    19130159612_a7e1b11fc1.jpg
    They ended up getting into bed by 8PM.
    19139324981_7fcbba61f7.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Cwaddell I have never tried the Doctor career yet,I did when it was just a rabbit hole job medical thing before ambitions but never tried vaccinations and stuff.Only seen pictures of it :'( And did not know tourists lagged your game. :(

Christopher, in my current game, is in the medical career although so far the only non standard work has been going in one night when he was on call and going to the criminal building to take care of some outbreak.

I've played some more so it's Thursday of the second week. They are both progressing in their careers. Kimberly is a level 7 sports agent and Christopher is level 5 medical.

Kimberly has been to several parties. She took Vincent to one the previous Sunday where she met the prince from Isla Paridisio (can't remember or know how to pronounce his name. I should rename him).
    Screenshot-2_zpsbdd9ua6f.jpg

The prince is a celebrity and now that Kimberly is best friends with him so is she. He invited her to a costume party on his house boat.
    Screenshot-46_zpsgsnzzwxi.jpg
    Screenshot-48_zpsuba9ram3.jpg

@TadOlson: I feel sorry for Angel and Cory for eating spoiled food. I sometime will have my sims eat fresh produce from their inventory if they run out of prepared food. Of course they go through their harvested produce faster but I think it's better than them getting sick.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @cwaddell -Cory and Angel Frankovitch are both slobs and they ate the salad because they didn't know it had gone bad yet and later because they wanted to get it cleaned out of the fridge and have strange way of cleaning out spoiled food.It's common for them to have to eat spoiled food in late winter or in the spring because it's a colonial legacy set in the 17th century when people often ended up eating spoiled food because they had nothing else to eat.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    Auguh so sorry for not updating on EITHER save, just been playing a lot of TS2 after I got back into it.
    I'm gonna play a little bit of the Ephre Legacy..

For now just stare at my avatar of Penny.. Do whatever.
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
  • Options
    HunterInShadowHunterInShadow Posts: 302 Member
    edited June 2015
    I recently started a new game in Sims 3, and in that game's instance of Riverview, my Sim is an Evil Insane Handy Genius Eccentric Inventor with a LTW of "Make 5 monsters". He lives on the large lot across the river, where there was a mansion before, and keeps an eye on the town with a telescope set up in a tower that's part of his house. The large mansion with it's family was moved off the lot to make room for my "meteor magnet" of a Sim (I heard that using the telescope and inventing helps to get meteor hits).

Sure enough there was a meteor hit in Town, and I sent my Sim to collect it. The huge rock turned out to be valued at §2300. Now, if someone wants to see some screenies, I would be glad to oblige. The game is still in its starting phase, so nearly anything can happen, and probably will. It's actually my first time playing a Sim like this, s owho knows what will happen in the long run.
    "Never tempt the Predator into a Bloodlust." - HunterInShadow
  • Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    @cwaddell -Cory and Angel Frankovitch are both slobs and they ate the salad because they didn't know it had gone bad yet and later because they wanted to get it cleaned out of the fridge and have strange way of cleaning out spoiled food.It's common for them to have to eat spoiled food in late winter or in the spring because it's a colonial legacy set in the 17th century when people often ended up eating spoiled food because they had nothing else to eat.

Now I understand. Those dates you refer to in your updates refer to actual historical time periods. I always thought you were using some game specific calender.
  • Options
    @HunterInShadow Your game sounds really fun. I would love to see some pictures.
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,519 Member
    @Everyone nice updates! It's cool to see how different people play The Sims 3!

It's almost day 6 of 6 of their honeymoon in Wraith, so Rantidev and Kunelik Visvakaman decided to watch the stars together!

xlcysp.jpg
    2z6un15.jpg

I still can't get over how gorgeous this world is!
    xdfmv4.jpg

Yes, this is the library! :D
    sdpcap.jpg

They went to a fun party on the last night of the trip. Once they were back home in Saaqartoq, winter happened! <3
    zt6q3d.jpg
    k31952.jpg

This town reminds me of Lillyhammer. (That show on Netflix)
  • Options
    CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    edited June 2015
    Had a *huge* birthday blowout on my 1,000 Baby Challenge play folder! The three eldest are leaving, so I have a ton of pics from that...and I plan to age up my quads later! My game's gonna buckle under the strain, no doubt, so I'm going to be doing a looooooot of saving.

Screenshot-67_zpsepeiauq5.jpg

The cake table! I know, the one in the middle is technically a wedding cake. Hush. :s

Screenshot-68_zpsycaquh1g.jpg

Nix was the first to age up.

Screenshot-71_zpswtlvkgvv.jpg

Dad was proud.

Screenshot-79_zpskrokstjy.jpg

Mom was...strained.

Screenshot-80_zpsb0qo4jng.jpg

She didn't really change much.

Screenshot-81_zpsziwwehrj.jpg

Kolpia was next.

Screenshot-85_zpsue0mzzxj.jpg

Rather handsome, isn't he?

Screenshot-82_zpsvva9icbh.jpg

Finally, Virgo.

Screenshot-87_zpsvcmvsiua.jpg

She's a beauty.

Screenshot-77_zpscqqhlj9c.jpg

Screenshot-74_zpsk555asyq.jpg

Screenshot-83_zpsrs9w3n2t.jpg

Screenshot-69_zpsjgyp9toz.jpg

Screenshot-78_zps8d0am1ou.jpg

The kids can't wait for their birthdays!

Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @CreamierThanMami I most certainly will not Hush about the wedding cake,I am never letting it go :D Hehe,I really like the ghost kid picture that was awesome, :o "Shes a beauty" you aren't kidding :love: I must agree with you a hundred times on that.Virgo is smexy

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    @CreamierThanMami I most certainly will not Hush about the wedding cake,I am never letting it go :D Hehe,I really like the ghost kid picture that was awesome, :o "Shes a beauty" you aren't kidding :love: I must agree with you a hundred times on that.Virgo is smexy

Which ghost kid? I'm kind of proud of my ghost/fairy hybrid kid. :O
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
  • Options
    @CravenLestat - It has two bedrooms and 1 bathroom. The kitchen and dining room are combined. I'll get interior shots this weekend sometime. Will be too busy tomorrow (Friday) to play. :( I love the way many of the houses look in the Keys. I usually build houses based on the houses there because it reminds me of my trip to the Keys 2 years ago. I can't wait to go back (but when it's not too hot).

After I first purchased Island Paradise, I tried to recreate a boat house I saw at a marina in Key West. Unfortunately, the roof has a massive smiley face on it and I have no idea how to put one in the Sims. Below is the picture of the houseboat that I want to create in the game.

5c041666-d366-4d2b-9760-c5816365b3b9_zpskn0gvcbj.jpg

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    Screenshot-78_zps8d0am1ou.jpg

This picture :) I like it,your ghost fairy hybrid.The kid that can go through walls,prank your house then go hide in the mini trainset and giggle in a lil evil reverb kids laugh. :/ Ok now I won't be able to sleep at night. :s

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Kaike78 It is possibe actually,It takes a bit of work though you first need to learn how patterns fit on certain wall elements (I assume you will use a angled wall trick) CFE + CAP magic.Some like paneling have 3 zones so it takes some practice to figure what wall covering is your base and you can take a image and break it down into 4 sections since you will want it larger.Example below you would take each zone and cut it using a program like paint.Each zone then you make into a seperate pattern.When you put it on your wall simply put them in the correct order and it will form your face.I have been using CAP forever and pretty much can pull off about anything it just takes trial and error to achieve the look you want.Not every wall covering displays the same so it is tricky to find the one you need.Some walls look the same but some stretch the image,some make duplicates in rows etc..it is an annoying process but rewarding when you see the final result.

smile_zpsuwkukzax.jpg

Post edited by CravenLestat on

DfydFiZ.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top