Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    @Karritz Thanks for you kindness regarding my loss of Ruthie.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    @cwaddell your moving problem sounds exactly like mine, I couldn't ask anyone to move in either or rather I could ask them, but then just got stuck in an endless loading loop and would have to quit. Couldn't move anyone around in Edit town either.
    Thing is, I don't have height sliders. Although that could be causing it in your game I suppose. I've no idea what triggered it in mine as the last patch was an age ago and hadn't installed anything new. My latest save seems fine, but how long that will hold out is anyone's guess as it happened in 3 saved games. Really would like to get to the bottom of it.
    Love the windsurfing pics!

@blazerntq I'm so sorry to hear about Ruthie, the pics of her adventuring were just brilliant. Is there any way you can re-create her from memory?
    @CravenLestat wow Sun Young Kim is absolutely gorgeous as is Lolita Goth!
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I started a new sim to test out the Angel City world by @Coasterboi Her name is Calleigh Valkrye. I don't have any family pictures since she literally just started out in the town hehe. I was going to post some once she have children - If she does. Just letting her do her own thing. Here is a quick picture of her. Nevermind the guy goggling her in the background..not sure why he was doing that he didn't even speak to her.
    5ncAwC0.jpg

Edit : Calleigh adopted a kitten... so the NPC that came and dropped off the kitten waited until my sim went outside to greet little Maggie and then she STOLE my sims shower!! Omg I've never seen that happen before. I even went into buy mode and it's gone. -.- She can't afford enough shower yet.. LOL! Maybe the NPC was mad that the kitten was free? I wish I could i captured it.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    By anyones standards this should ruin a first date. He managed to "die" inside the haunted house
    rvlhtz.jpg

Nope, guess she's really into him
    112ebev.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    By anyones standards this should ruin a first date. He managed to "die" inside the haunted house
    rvlhtz.jpg

Nope, guess she's really into him
    112ebev.jpg

Dating a ghost.... check....taking pictures of it...check...getting married in your next update :o ...Priceless

For everything else there's Mastercard.

Ghost love <3

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @Slyvanas Calleigh is really pretty. Sorry that her shower was stolen.
    @Scrapdash Really sweet update.
  • Options
    People who date ghosts in the Sims are just plain weird.

Lolita Goth SV.

Screenshot-50_zpsbrerxd7p.jpg

Annabelle Oinkslopes SV (Super hott BTW) *Cough hint cough*

Screenshot-618_zpsbtbipitd.jpg

Grizelda Tamelpan Riverview

Screenshot-591_zpsc7an1k2i.jpg

We will not talk about this one,nothing to see here moving along.

Screenshot-542_zpsuy7xv7nd.jpg

Thank goodness I'm Weird :D

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Well will be back to see everyones updates am off to watch the new Poltergeist movie "Again" all this talk of dead bodies and ghosts made me want to watch it.

But I will leave you with a picture of Annabelle Oinkslopes the SV ghost that you probably did not pay attention too and just ignored,

Screenshot-106_zpsyaz6jmlp.jpg

You should be ashamed. :smirk:

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    So happy to be back with TS3. :)

Two of the girls from my bachelor challenge are going to Uni. There will be five eventually. I might recruit the others from Uni.
    Screenshot-697.jpg

I sent them to my Nerd's Paradise Dorm.
    Screenshot-699.jpg

It's supposed to be a student architectural/technolgy project for residential housing. It was later converted to a dorm after the project was complete.
    Screenshot-701.jpg

The obviously have different priorities for their time at Uni.
    Screenshot-703.jpg

"We made it!"
    Screenshot-704.jpg

And here come the... ugh, dormies.
    Screenshot-706.jpg

None of my Uni favorites are in this group. Perhaps next year.
    Screenshot-707.jpg

Ok, I am slapping her with a quick makeover, I don't care if she is a bit pudding.
    Screenshot-711.jpg

There are few Into The Future objects scattered about.
    Screenshot-723.jpg

Cutting edge technology.
    Screenshot-725.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @blazerntq -I've just been through cleaning up my own hard drive and I didn't lose any files though they got moved.I'd start backing my Electronic Arts folders up on an external hard drive and use 7zip to compress it before copying it to the external drive.That's how I recovered my games when the folder got messed up once.
    @Slyvanas -Hi there and welcome.Great picture!
    @scrapdash -Great pictures!
    @CravenLestat -Great pictures!
    I reloaded one of my legacies and had to fix the story progression settings for school so none of the schools were listed as public.I'll be testing to see if that fixes the enrollment issues and the overcrowded schools.
    Here's a Home Inspection update from Glen Harbor at the end of summer in 1662.
    Cory and Angel Frankovitch were still up and the food in the fridge went bad.
    19070483725_ef35d6d241.jpg
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were taking care of Carol and Carey.
    18882767690_71ba8c4bdb.jpg
    Rudy Wagner and Lacey Walker were also still up.
    18882822768_248043eeeb.jpg
    Davis and Lacey Bell were both asleep.
    18449829753_a4e314b8ff.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you Tad and food going bad happens to me alot too, early game mostly I use the cheap fridge from supernatural,stuff lasts like 3 days then spoils :'(

@Ck213 Slap her with a makeover :o She looks good default,if that is pudding give me a family sized snack pack of her. :love:

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited June 2015
    blazerntq wrote: »
    @cwaddell Amazing pictures!

Thanks. Sorry about losing Ruthie.
    I even followed her through the endless sands of Egypt risking dehydration,death and possible mummy curse just to get a picture.

Screenshot-25_zpsx73omwgq.jpg
    Your makeovers are amazing especially since you don't use any custom skins.
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    @cwaddell your moving problem sounds exactly like mine, I couldn't ask anyone to move in either or rather I could ask them, but then just got stuck in an endless loading loop and would have to quit. Couldn't move anyone around in Edit town either.
    Thing is, I don't have height sliders. Although that could be causing it in your game I suppose. I've no idea what triggered it in mine as the last patch was an age ago and hadn't installed anything new. My latest save seems fine, but how long that will hold out is anyone's guess as it happened in 3 saved games. Really would like to get to the bottom of it.
    Love the windsurfing pics!

Thanks, it was my first time windsurfing so I might have gone a little overboard with pictures.

I'm not sure if the height sliders are entirely the problem. I think something else is triggering it. Some of the things that I've considered being the trigger - applying for extra funds at university, or renting a house with no roommates at uni; using Mastercontroller, CAS to change appearance, traits, etc; the recent spyware/trojan that I have acquired by accidentally clicking on something on a suspect web page (I'm probably going to have to take my system in to have it cleaned up cause I can't seem to get rid of this.)

My game will play fine for awhile then somehing goes wrong. I've also had invisible sims of normal height too. Sometimes there's a little thought bubble moving along the ground. If I go into map mode I can click on their tag, choose NRaas, MC, and edit in CAS and that seems to make them materialize.

If you figure out how to fix your problem let me/us know. I'd really like my game to play like it did previously.
  • Options
    FleurkweenFleurkween Posts: 235 Member
    edited June 2015
    This is my first time posting here.
    I decided to start a legacy. It is called The Sims Through the Ages Legacy. Generation 1 begins in the stone age, and the following generations include Ancient Greece, the Dark Ages, Revolutionary times, Present day, and all the way to the future if you have that expansion. You can read more about it here. http://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/1fzaty/

I made two cavemen sims to start off with. They have to rely on fishing to survive. They are starting to pile up food for winter so they don't starve to death.
    [url="http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/robloxiansimmer/media/Screenshot-195_zpsgfkg9awc.jpg.html]Screenshot-195_zpsgfkg9awc.jpg

(Credit to @BLUEBELLFLORA for the custom world I used which was Archipelago Bay)
    [/url]
    \cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg
  • Options
    @CK213 Excited that you posted pictures.
    @Fleurkween Congrats on a great first post. Your gamesplay idea sounds very interesting.
  • Options
    FleurkweenFleurkween Posts: 235 Member
    edited June 2015
    Part 2 of The Sims Through the Ages Legacy.

The two cave sims spent the day fishing together. It was the only way for them to get food.
    Screenshot-208_zpsbrwgdfqq.jpg[/URL][/url]

It was getting cold so the two sims lit a fire and told each other ghost stories. They were both very hungry and their stomachs were growling. They roasted the fish they had caught earlier that day. It wasn't nice, but it was better than nothing.

Screenshot-210_zpspw0w7ka2.jpg

@blazerntq thank you! I don't usually upload pictures so I'm not very good at it.
    \cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg
  • Options
    @Fleurkween I would not worry about thinking that you are not very good at it. I like your pictures. Just started to post pictureas after a very long break myself. Had to learn a whole new way of doing it. Think that the outfits that your sims are wearing are adorable. The looks on their faces as they eat the fish is funny. I would think that maybe I would have the same look on my face in real life. lol
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Cwaddell that Sun Young Kim picture is no makeover,she was one of the explorers when I was in Egypt,my wife was in the cemetary basement charming a snake and she came in and slept in a coffin :D .Also later Liu Pei from China was at the Market and Adaeze Min was by the Great Spinx.That is the default explorer outfit they put her in.Once you start meeting Sims and making friends in other Countries they will replace the Vanilla explorer NPCs and example When in China I can see members of the Lufti family from Egypt and Charlotte Dubois from France for example.Your first visit the explorers are the generic vanilla NPCs "Pudding faces" generated by EA.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    EDIT: Want to point out this is the case in your hometown also,you start with NPCs called "tourists" that are Vanilla because you have not went anywhere yet but after adventuring Sims from all the Countries will visit your town.In my Sunset Valley I see them all the time especially because across from my house is the arbortorium (From SN ) and Explorers visit that often ,and I get to see all my Foreign buddies.Jiang Lu and Maya W*ng were there at the same time not long before my recent trip to Egypt.
    Post edited by CravenLestat on

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    @CravenLestat : Actually in my sim's home town you will not be able to find a single tourist since I use NRaas Register mod to turn them off. Tourists are not the "real" sims from back at their home. They are mini sims put there to flush out your current town but they are often quite different than their real counterpart. That's why it's better to travel to the foreign town and invite them into your household there and then bring them back to your town rather than to invite them to your town to try to get them into your household.

I am just surprised at how well your sims look even though you don't use any CC. It looks like you use a default replacement skin but since you don't I was attributing how well your sims look to your ability to arrange the sliders.

@Fleurkween : Interesting idea for a game. Love your pictures. Looking forward to future updates.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Why turn off tourists :'( ,I like them.At first they are lame cause they are generic but when they are actuall Sims it adds to the look of the game and realism.

Heck no my skins are base game Barbie (I assume that is the name)..I like EA skin although they could have done better on the legs, EA legs are kinda dull unless muscular plus a bit of tan, but on a pale girl they are very ugly even worse if she is thin.

Screenshot-133_zpsbsbdsylj.jpg

Closeup I took of Pearl the other day... That is clearly not CC and cartoonish if anything.

Screenshot-188_zpse5wh70fi.jpg

Same thing but panned back

Screenshot-189_zpsahucg3fa.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    This morning I have been playing my new stylist sim. Her name is Angelique Etheridge. It was the first random name. Her traits are Good Sense of Humor, Perfectionist, Artistic, Charismatic, and Friendly.

[img][/img]Screenshot-2_zpsrvcmddsv.jpg
  • Options
    Thinking that maybe my new sims name is kinda long and might just refer to her by Aneth. First couple of letters from her first and last name.
  • Options
    JennMarieJennMarie Posts: 74 Member
    edited June 2015
    @blazerntq She is wicked pretty! I can't wait to see all of her makeovers! I'm so sad about your Ruthie save. I was enjoying seeing all of her travels!
    @CravenLestat I love that you don't use cc skins i'm right there with you...for now anyways :D

This is Landon Bales again. He has now mastered cooking, charisma, writing and working out(I forget what it is called :s ) He topped his journalist career(his ltw) and now he is working on becoming a pro athlete.
    Screenshot-11_zps9cepqsdt.jpg

He also got married to a premade from sunset valley...i forget her name Jamie something. She topped the medical career(her ltw) and is now working on topping the science career.
    Screenshot-7_zpsldhmg1tz.jpg
    Post edited by JennMarie on
  • Options
    @JennMarie Landon is hot and Jamie is pretty. Awesome that your sims have made it to the top of at least one career and are working on others.
  • Options
    JennMarieJennMarie Posts: 74 Member
    thanks @blazerntq im playing them at the epic life stage. I'm trying to really see what the game has to offer since I've never gotten that far into it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top