Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Website keeps logging me out, then I go to login and says my PW is wrong
    I have to keep changing it..
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    My sim got a job to renovate this sims house, so this is the living room/kitchen I added

Screenshot-44.jpg
    Screenshot-45.jpg

The client then said my build was awful as he "can't live in this squalor", so I proceeded to dump a ton of stuff outside to shut him up! :)

Screenshot-46.jpg
  • Options
    Feedback time, I'm sorry I been lacking in this department.Anxiety kicked in

@Silverofdreams30
    I tried to play without CC once, the game ran amazingly smooth
    but I kept missing my clothing and hair LOL Beautiful shots of the city!

@Brandontaylor
    Hmm, you gave me an idea with Belle's ancestors LOL
    might have to work them in some how.Of Course Lancelot
    will...He's lancelot XD Remember Guinevere.
    Yes, she is.First time around though she didn't want to.XD

@Karritz
    The old tea room is adorable! I love the tables
    on the porch, gives a real country home vibe.

@bekkasan
    That's why I didn't mention the site name.
    Any CC I find I post on my tumblr just to be safe,
    as I really can't tell what is or isn't.
    Ha! Belle wanted to get rid of Gwenth she's too helpful XD
    I just loved Belle's "eww" face...I'm actually surprised she pulled
    away, she has hopeless romantic and flirty trait...XD
    Normally my girls would just keep stuff bottled up LOL or argue and
    run away.XD
    Aww, Hidden springs is so pretty! great screenshot.

@Turjan
    I managed to get one inside today, he laid down and magically disappeared lol
    Your sim family is beautiful! I love the screenshot in the car!

@bekkasan
    Her lady in waiting was in the background...flirting with Charles, neither
    were paying attention, it was funny.XD
    I almost went with her giving birth in the mines...but decided not to go
    that route.I'm sure he could go that route, but doesn't want to just magically
    fix everything for Belle.XD Thanks! named him from Alistair in Dragon Age.
    My sims puke every time they eat at it!

Indigestion at its worst.XD

@emorrill
    've really been enjoying your Belle and King Arthur story. Keep it up. :) Your writing is getting better and better.

Aww, thank you! I'm glad you think so.^_^
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    @bekkasan Oh, thanks. I am happy you can enjoy it. I was worried people would find it boring to just read about the vacation of every day people. :P

Oh, that landscape is pretty yes. It kind of looks like something I could see just a short (relatively...) drive from here.

@Brandontaylor Oh, a completely different system. You really have your share of bad weather in the US... Maybe a tornado watch isn't too terrifying, but I would be a little unnerved because I'm not used to such...

@GraceyManor I often get logged out too. Don't know why, but it never told me to change the password.

@Onverser Pfft, your sim is just being difficult. Looks like a nice kitchen/living room area. Hahaha for dumping a lot of random stuff outside his house. Would be funny if he started using some of it. :P
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited June 2021
    @GraceyManor

I have different folders for my game so one I named story ( with all my cc),
    the second I named no cc so I switch between when I play each of those hehe.
    Thank you.
    your story updates have been great, keep it up.
  • Options
    @GraceyManor

I have different folders for my game so one I named story ( with all my cc),
    the second I named no cc so I switch between when I play each of those hehe.
    Thank you.
    your story updates have been great, keep it up.

That's how I do it to ^_^
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    Chapter 11.4 - July Summer Holiday - Day 4.

Y6thFgT.jpg
    On day four of their stay, Gaute had found the stereo in the hotel room, starting his morning with a little dance to a classical piece, „Summer Moods“ by William von Siimhoven.

LGXgu77.jpg
    Pregnant Leya was still asleep for well into the morning, probably needing all the rest she can get.

SiaTWFn.jpg
    Someone must have forgotten to lock the door to the tattoo joint in the basement after closing time, as Queen Bodil had found her way down there to hold a speech to her court.

1e1lN4a.jpg
    „I really want to work out“ says Gaute. „Is there a gym in town?“

And I'm thinking.. „Dude, chill.. you're on vacation..“, but fine you will have your wish. There is a gym in town, it is located at the spa, so I'll send you there or you'll probably be nagging about it for the rest of the stay..

CeduDsr.jpg
    Gaute entering Bewickton Spa.

B6HZv3Y.jpg
    Uggh, I hate these athletic types. ;)

Leya had phoned up her siblings, Udisha and Palash, to hear if they could meet up, but they were both at work (apparently not on holiday yet), so that would have to wait.

IP3KNwp.jpg
    Then she thought that they could visit Bodil's uncle Bhavan at the fire station as it was located just behind the hotel. Bodil had never been to a fire station before, so that should be exciting for her. Bodil was fast to go, and was already running ahead.

2DukDSN.jpg
    Leya: Hey, * pant pant * wait up!
    Probably not that easy to run fast when you're carrying an extra growing body inside of you.

Y8k33Le.jpg
    Leya: Bhavan is downstairs in the workout room, let's go there.
    Bodil: I'm already on my way, mom..

uR7IPpm.jpg
    Leya: Hello, brother, long time no see! It sure rains a lot here in Bewickton!
    Bodil was not to interested in this fireman stuff and has noticed there is an easel on the lot and wants to go paint instead.
    7qP5ZyT.jpg
    I don't know what Bodil will be when she grows up, but.. probably not a fire fighter.

6pluY3M.jpg
    Vemund Rokne: Oh, hi, you must be Leya, Bhavans brother, the singer from Sprottenham. I am Vemund, I work here. Nice to meet you.
    Leya is flattered, and feels a little famous.

Rqs2F3n.jpg
    Ali Gates hears that she is a singer and wants to dance with her.
    Look at that grin.. But Leya, I wanted you to visit your brother, not do this...

7MJKsf7.jpg
    Leya may be a singer, but she is not a dancer... she is a little clumsy, stepping on his feet over and over..
    YuNbs6l.jpg

imXBeV2.jpg
    Upstairs Bodil has finished her painting. „I have painted Bewickton, and the plane we came here by“ says Bodil.

8zaPRJk.jpg
    Leya tries again to invite Udisha and Palash to the festival lot. They should be finished working by now..

Udisha agrees to meet up, but Palash declines. I suppose that should be expected. Palash has always been a little difficult and different from the other siblings.

RACyN1k.jpg
    „Hi, sis! Let's go to the movies!“ Udisha says immediately.

xupSMoz.jpg
    Leya and Udisha share many of the same interests, and continues to talk about theatre, music and movies.

7Y5Hh6A.jpg
    Bodil is hungry and joins an eating contest. To the left is Kjersti Jordal, she was part of „The Party Household“ mentioned once earlier, but moved out when she had a baby with one of the local celebrities (I forgot his name now).

pSc6qd4.jpg
    Gaute is till at the gym working out. Aren't you exhausted yet? Wow, you've got some stamina!

P2mMaTL.jpg
    Bodil is doing good in the contest, out-eating the adults. I think we've got a winner! ;)

Y84Nh7B.jpg
    „Ha! I am the best!“ says Bodil, and punches a hole in the table...

DzSCyDR.jpg
    I'm sure Udisha and Leya could stand here talking like this all night. The sisters are very similar and get along perfectly.

q3kE8NR.jpg
    Bodil: Want to hear a ghost story?
    Kjersti: Oh, yes, I would love too.
    Kjersti is not only a party animal. She also likes children and works as a teacher at the local school. Don't worry, her work outfit is nothing like what she is currently wearing..

qVd0ltP.jpg
    „I am a winner! I am Queen of the World!“ Bodil thinks before she starts telling her ghost story.

jbxWcy3.jpg
    Eivor Mortensen comes over and starts a water balloon fight with Bodil. I have no idea who Eivor Mortensen is. :P

QdhHySS.jpg
    Leya chilling with an ice cream by the fountain. I don't know where Udisha went, she has probably gone home.

0HUN41A.jpg
    Poor Kjersti isn't doing to great. One to many hot dogs from the eating contest, maybe.. Because you know, I can't have an update without a vomiting sim...

XD54wR4.jpg
    Oh, no, there is Udisha. She hadn't gone home yet, just practiced a round of football.

3LxoL2f.jpg
    Gaute just drove past the festival grounds, he is heading back to the hotel for the night.

EcjXA0R.jpg
    Shortly thereafter it starts raining, and Leya decides it's time for her and Bodil to go home as well.

Now lets hope this rain will have stopped by tomorrow, because then it's time for the Summer Festival Day in Bewickton! ;)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    some random shots

cxzjy3m.jpg

Juliet looked sad

Q7NvqrM.jpg

Probably cause this broke

TC4wL9p.jpg

Cynthia

4zCTyBP.jpg

Vance knows when his creator wants to take a photo

oOIeymS.jpg

Lucas

pAJUAxJ.jpg

ps2Bqbs.jpg

Lenny

hqaSyY1.jpg

Baby Mars arrived by an oopsie time

MD5tHnb.jpg

Same with Juni, different mothers

QxGTE8M.jpg

A mixologist

All for now
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited June 2021
    (Chapter One, Part Two)

Screenshot-22.jpg
    I don’t know if my faith is being truly tested at this point, but frankly, it’s taking a lot to remain in such a position. The old saying of “There are no atheists in foxholes.”; well you have a mix when it comes to the homeless. There are ones that think that “the Watcher is a figment of one’s imagination, there can’t be a Watcher this malevolent to put us through this.” and then there are those who hope that “the Watcher will bring us through this...and into a better life.”

Our first job considering that we had nothing to our name was to go make sure that we had food in our stomachs and that meant raiding the fruit trees that weren’t the property of someone else. They also say poverty shows us who our friends really are. Because when life throws you a haymaker, everyone else ducks for cover in hopes that they don’t get hit...or they don’t catch what you have – the horrific malady of poverty might be catching.
    Screenshot-68.jpg
    We hesitated to even look at dumpster diving because of the smell that it imparts to your clothing but when one gets desperate enough. Well...one has to deal with the smell in favor of the items that one can potentially collect from the dumpsters. Selling a good couch or two on consignment might put at least §600 simoleons in one’s pocket which might give us a chance to put some money away provided the banks would allow a pair of smelly people into their establishment. The only way that we had to get through this was to chock money aside to make sure that we were able to save some money and be able to pull ourselves out of this position that we were in.
    Screenshot-37.jpg
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    Talking to the consignment store owner allowed us to put two items on consignment a day of anything that we could locate at least until he was sure that we were able to give him something of value. We’d sell the two highest value items that we could and drop the rest. And we could sell insects at the science center, but even there was a limit. It had to be a value of minimum uncommon. The common insects had to be let go as there was no value in them. Fines were tabulated and at the end of the month they were added to the total taxes...and if one couldn’t pay them then things were taken from us.

The fines were levied as followed:

Selling Government Controlled Elements (Tiberium or Plutonium) - §50,000.00 and government seizure of all substances (in possession)
    Selling Government Protected Species (Falcon, Spotted Sixam) - §10,000.00
    Poaching - §5,000.00
    Prostitution - §2,500.00
    Polluting a Waterway - §1,800.00
    Pets causing damage (digging up holes) - §1,500.00
    Garbage - §800.00
    Dog /Cat with no License – §800.00
    Dog/Cat off Leash - §500.00
    Loitering - §250.00

Licenses - Government License to sell Minerals - §25,000.00 (paid up front to be able to sell gemstones and metals.
    Fishing License – §2500.00

For owning pets one faced other levies. Dog license – §800.00
    Cat license - §300.00
    Screenshot-45.jpg
    Yes, society had a way of making things tough for the homeless to do anything. If one wanted to have a pet to while away the time and keep one company, then you had to pay out the nose. You couldn’t just have an unlicensed dog or cat or one would end up having the pet get taken away. And frankly, the fact that society cared more for the welfare of the animal than the human who was on the street, showed just exactly how society thought that those who were on the street were nothing more than vermin on par with rats, cockroaches and other disease-carrying scum.

When we had a job, we were able to take care of our appearance, wear decent clothes provided that we got them at an outlet store. Clothes, again, were expensive and we didn’t go out every other week to buy new clothes. Frankly, River and I wore the things until they were nearly threadbare and needed replacing. Clothes weren’t really all that important, you can find clothing practically anywhere. The important thing was that we had a way to communicate (the internet) and a way to call and let the spouse know that we were going to be late (cell phone)...and a way to get from point A to point B...the car...and well...after we became homeless, we had to sell the car and we took what we could get for it, which was less than §5,000 which bankrolled our tent, a firepit and a small financial base from which to make sure that for the first little while we weren’t going to be starving to death. It was a matter of making what was left over grow into a bit of a nest egg to restart our lives in a better financial position than what we were in.
    Screenshot-61.jpg
    We also still had to look for work, but who was going to hire a pair of homeless bums on the street? Society’s trust of us went when our money and roof over our head went. If you were out on the street, you were untrustworthy according to society whether the assumption was true or false. If you weren’t able to be trusted, you sure as hell weren’t going to get a job that paid you anything that gave you enough to live on. The owner figured that you were going to raid his cash box and float the first chance you got. With all that aligned against someone who had no roof over their head, was it any wonder that people turned to hard drugs and alcohol to cope with the stress and the emotional pain of trying to eke out an existence? Hey, it may not be the best choice in the world but whatever gets you through the day, right?
    Screenshot-71.jpg
    Screenshot-72.jpg
    Screenshot-74.jpg
    But no, River and I weren’t going to resort to that. We were going to fight tooth and nail for what we could. Even if we had to dumpster dive, risking hepatitis and other potential illnesses just to put some money in our pockets. Hopefully it wouldn’t come to that. The fruits and vegetables coming off the trees and plants were not to be sold, they ended up in our pockets as food for us. We could sell fish to the market by poaching them from the lakes, rivers and ocean, provided the Department of Fisheries and Oceans didn’t catch us. It was a dice roll whether they would catch us or not. And we could consign things that we found provided that we could vouch for their quality.

It was going to be a struggle and it sure as hell wasn’t going to be easy, but River and I were not going to go down without a fight.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @bekkasan It was crazy how many times she rolled for another kid. However, it ended after the last baby. The following day, Grim came for Johnny. Now Mary is raising the kids by herself. Luckily, their oldest is a teen now and can help watch the kids.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    In my non medieval save, my sim Ariel and her parents just moved to Setra.

Screenshot-37.jpg
    Saw this sim and thought he was very handsome, I made him break up
    with his girlfriend.XD They are already best friends....but then I saw

Screenshot-38.jpg

and

Screenshot-36.jpg

And I was like DANG! this world is filled with good looking guys. <3<3
  • Options
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    Found an old screenshot from a story I had started but never finished.
    It was short lived so most won't remember.His name was Brian but I forgot her name.XD
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited June 2021
    I’ve been obsessed with grunge lately, so I attempted to “grunge-ify” my sims apartment.
    HiPQ5lT.png
    XDU4HnS.png
    tbS7qGC.png

And the fact that she has the slob trait means everything can stay dirty, adding to the “grunge” effect. >:)
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited June 2021
    @Astro That's a fun obsession! Have you seen the "Uglify your town" set on ATS3? https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_downtown_72.shtml

My obsession of late is annoying, my sims sticking their tongues out on each and every pic. :lol:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Cororon wrote: »
    @Astro That's a fun obsession! Have you seen the "Uglify your town" set on ATS3? https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_downtown_72.shtml

My obsession of late is annoying, my sims sticking their tongues out on each and every pic. :lol:
    Ooooh, thank you! I’ve been trying to turn Bridgeport into a grittier looking city and this would help.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Onverser , your revenge to your ungrateful client made me laugh out loud!

@Silverofdreams30 , you have many very good looking sims in your current game!
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    Found an old screenshot from a story I had started but never finished.
    It was short lived so most won't remember.His name was Brian but I forgot her name.XD

@GraceyManor , that is such a pretty screenshot. It looks like a film poster or book cover.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @PalmArrow

Hey girl, Thank you! It's my minimum cc folder so only skin tone
    and a few makeups are cc.

@GraceyManor

Those firemen are so handsome.
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    My golddigger Sim drowned her husband Mortimer Goth last week. She stayed friends with him and got pregnant (ghost babies lol). She gave birth to a normal girl sim who I named, after Bella Goth, Bella Goth-Schwarz. I had to reset the butler and then all of a sudden she was gone. Removed from the household completely. What’s in a name…..Did the butler kidnap her? Did she get abducted by aliens?
    Hope ill be able to find out where she went when she ages up and I can call her lol
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited June 2021
    @Nikkei_Simmer

Oh, yes well now I have to agree that River is pretty looking (also without make up) and lately I have even started thinking about whenever I see her around in game.. darn it, you're spreading it! :P

And being homeless is of course something I wouldn't wish upon anyone, it sounds pretty terrible, and so hard to get out of once you're there. Very well written... I could probably quit my internet and tv subscription, stop playing the sims and I probably didn't need that new computer I just bought, but uhmm..

By they way, you are cruel for those fines! :P

@Sprottenham - When I first started playing Sims 3. Her character was the one that always kept coming over and trying to befriend the character I was playing at the time. At the time, she was annoying but y'know...she grew on me and well... :) Aside from the fact that EA put her in the most unappealing outfit and hair that could potentially be put onto a female sim. Poor girl. With a little change of hair and an appealing outfit...she stands out quite nicely.

@Featherbelle (my RL wife) and I were nearly there on New Year's 2021, but we managed to luck out and find a place right at the last moment so that we were able to avoid that. So yeah, homeless is not a fun place to be. I just want to make sure that we never reach that point again.

As I did state in my update (Part 2 of Chapter 1). Society has made it so that staying connected via the "internet" is just about crucial to survival. In this pandemic we've seen the advent of online shopping as a way of staying away from people yet, still being able to purchase the necessities of existing and frankly. I wouldn't stop playing sims... it's a form of trying to keep your mental stability through trying times or what we do to try to cope with this crazy world. The simple fact of life is that people need to stop "judging" one another for their circumstances of their situation and acting like just because they are better off financially than another person that they are a better person than the other - in other words, its none of our business how they got there and one shouldn't look down on someone else unless they're trying to help that person up from their position by lending a hand and that looking down is just looking to see where the hand is to grasp. That's the take away from life-experiences that I've gleaned in 50+ years of existing on this planet.

re: the fines - Yes, I'm mean, aren't I? :D
    @Nikkei_Simmer

Those sims of yours
    look great.

@Silverofdreams30 - as they go along, they'll probably get grungier.
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Gosh, seems kinda tough on some of those fines!
    Good luck with the story.

@bekkasan - Yup...up here, poaching as well as being in possession of restricted substances and crown property (gemstones, mineral deposits and radioactive substances are considered the property of the Crown) will nail you a pretty significant fine if not a jail sentence at one of her Majesty's penal institutions. Sims only has jail for a certain number of offenses so unfortunately couldn't work in "5 years at hard labour". :mrgreen:
    @Nikkei_Simmer Hey, your explanation makes sense to me. Who cares what an English teacher says, lol
    The only good thing about a homeless person getting put in jail is they get a meal and are warm in the cold. However, it'd make more sense to help them to not be homeless anymore.
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to sleep on a bench for very long.
    I've had to get rid of internet before, and it isn't fun.
    I don't know why, but I feel River would be the one to complain more while Haruo would make the most of the situation.
    Great update!
    You got a whole multiverse going with River and Haruo, lol.
    Looks like they have more of a chance getting fined than not.

@Brandontaylor - I don't know if jail has any positives - the meal and the chance to get out of the cold doesn't balance with the possibility of getting shanked by those who are anti-social and violent while you're in the Big House.
    Yeah, a bench isn't too comfortable.
    I'm not sure...re: River's perfectionist trait, perhaps.
    Yeah...well, I find that she's a great character.
    Yep...evidently it works out that way in real life too...if you're homeless. Eventually, I wonder if they're going to make being homeless illegal... ~sardonic grin~ ...oh wait... https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-bc-municipalities-pass-bylaws-targeting-homeless/ Yup.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @PalmArrow welcome back! And thank you :) that was one of my fav screenshots sadly I lost the characters but maybe some time I will do a reboot
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@GraceyManor
    O sorry, never thought about where Shakespear “timed” his story, just know it was based on a Danish legend written down by Saxo late 1100, but probably dating back several 100 years. So was expecting it to take place in that timeframe.

Without knowing much about historical clothes or interior, you are right that there must be a huge difference between life in 500 and 1500 AD.

@bekkasan
    Really nice with that purple sky and a half moon.

@Brandontaylor
    Thanks

@emorrill
    Did I mention how anxious I get driving on the freeways around semi trucks!?
    Don’t even mention, I was hit by a full-size truck, as I was just entering a Copenhagen highway at full throttle. Both of my side windows exploded into my face and I was just barely able to get the car back in the road before I fatally would have hit the side barrier. The Duck Head did not see me and without warning changed lane. ---mm maybe I should not have mentioned before your move..hope you read this after the journey.

Beach was Marble’s last name

Jenny may be sad, but I think it is more about the ridiculous value she got.

Mussete sure is a mouthful. Hard to get it trough to the story, but it is extreme how much time she spent of the sister’s son, while completely ignoring her own.

@Sprottenham
    Comments at you site (not sure when, few hard days ahead but asap.)

@Silverofdreams30
    Pretty girl but seems so worried

A new settler family has built a farm near the mountains almost straight west of Greg’s River. The Morrisons

BARzOp5.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    @Tamijo

yup,
    shes a coward hehe
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Sim-me got new computer stuff.

WITLeV1.jpg

This is how it looks on my monitor. I have two windows side by side, and at the moment I have this forum on a tab in the right-side window. :smile:

6xebBmF.jpg

Me and great-grandsim Susanne, being Shiba-sitters. Shiba is one of my grandsim's doge.

kSqmkHj.jpg

VOAOkZm.jpg

Susanne with sister Jessica and Rex & Shiba:

0BOdp32.jpg

cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    @Cororon I love your sims!
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Cororon: Hello

@Astro: Hello

@GraceyManor: Hello. Pretty screenshot

@PalmArrow: Hello

@Turjan: Hello

@Silverofdreams30: Hello

@Brandontaylor: Hello

@Nikkei_Simmer: Hello

@emorrill: Hello

@Karritz: Hello. I need to watch your video.
    :) Smile!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top