Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer ... Good Start
    Oh look at the nice soldiers all lined up in order.

It's obvious why you picked Meg as the Executive Officer (besides rank).
    Commander Borrows is a basket case, and Captain Rabb still has some issues ... :D

Anyway ... I am still liking your story so far, and I like how you describe protocol and military structure.
    Soldiers aren't really robots ... But there's a reason things actually get done,
    and that is kind of what soldiering is all about ... Getting the job done no matter what ... :D<3

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer ... Ooops, you snuck another one in there on me before I responded.

As any soldier knows ... "The first casualty of war is always the plan" ... :D
    Don't sweat the UCMJ, especially if you are planning on annihilating the convening authority it represents.

In any case (correct me if I am wrong), but Tosh has already tapped Admiral Gracen as the interim "prosecutor" of sorts.
    Technically the civilians will be under martial law, and the UCMJ (with no outside bearing) ...
    Is basically whatever Tosh and Admiral Gracen decide they want to prosecute.

I mean the XO doesn't even have a say-so in that ...
    because Meg is still subject to whatever the other two decide unless Tosh kicks the bucket.

Anyway ... we could discuss philosophy and direction in circles ...
    But on any battlefield, adaptation and innovation are the only real keys to survival.
    You can use tools like situation awareness, training ... All the way down to muscle memory ...
    But it's how quickly and effectively you can respond to developing conditions that will keep you out of a body bag ... Sometimes.

Good Luck Crew ...
    Happy Simming!

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Yep, pretty much under the "Graham" bill of 2007 - used to cover civilian contractors, but can also be subject to regular civilians if they come under military jurisdiction as per this case.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    @Puddinroy Thank you, hope you are doing well.

@MoonandStars83 Yeah, she isn't doing too badly. Finding the insects is the part she isn't doing the greatest on.
    Do you have Seasons installed too? I forgot if you do or not but the Weather Stone only appears if you have it installed with Supernatural.
    That's true, been through some parties where fights break out. Not really physical ones but verbal ones, although it happens very rarely in my family or circle of friends.
    Thanks, she did enjoy it a bit, just didn't find much of what she needs.
    Happy birthday to Benjamin.
    Have fun at your cousins wedding reception!

@Nikkei_Simmer Captain now Vice Admiral Austin must not have had contact with him for awhile for him not to know. I have to admit, I'm not familiar with all the levels in the branches of the military.
    Let's hope so, they don't need all the drama, except for our entertainment. :lol:
    I bet they are wondering what is going on for them all to get together.
    Now he got their attention. Wonder how they'll like it in an underground bunker?
    That's very true, you really can't fight nuclear weapons that well.
    That doesn't sound fun at all. It'd take some special people to live like that, I know I couldn't.
    Great updates!

@Silverofdreams30 You're welcome.

@Sleepstar You're welcome.

@bekkasan Don't worry about it, if you don't want to go back 6 pages, we'd understand.
    It really does make a difference on getting good pictures. I don't have mine up all the way but they are higher than they were on my old computer. Great scenery pic!

@emorrill You're welcome.
    It's understandable, you and your family got a lot going on right now. I am glad you are able to watch and play Animal Crossing, keeping yourself busy won't make things go away, but it will get your mind off of it for a while. I agree with you about this year, it has been one of the strangest years I ever remember and it isn't even over yet.
    We should have some kind of party, I like your idea about sharing pictures from when the thread began. I don't have any that far, but I do from when I joined the forums.
    Take care!
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor - In the TV show, Meg left after Season 1. And never showed back up again at all in the series. So in canon her whereabouts are a mystery. But I subscribe to the Adam Savage Theorem of Substitutional Reality: I reject your reality and substitute my own. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Yep, pretty much under the "Graham" bill of 2007 - used to cover civilian contractors, but can also be subject to regular civilians if they come under military jurisdiction as per this case.

@Nikkei_Simmer ... Thanks for the heads-up.

I was a CWO-3 (Army) and my ETS was in '07.
    I don't know the details on the Graham Bill.
    Command could have used a bit more control over contractors/civilian assets when I was in though,
    so I don't know, it might have been a good idea ... :)

Happy Simming!

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    Renovations

Damien is up early the next morning and as he predicted things got very cold overnight. He puts on warm clothing and has hot oatmeal with peaches and sprinkles cinnamon over it all. His stomach grumbles in anticipation. While eating, he looks at his notes and decides to start downstairs. First step cleaning. He scrubs and scrubs to get the soot from the fireplace off the floors and the cobwebs off the walls. He makes a mental note that he needs to go to town and talk with the police chief about registering as a private detective. The house is draining his savings, and he hopes to replenish his funds with a few cases. He can also register to work with the police considering his years of experience back home. The contractor arrives with his crew, and they move the old furniture to store in the rooms above the garage until he decides what to do with the furniture. Damien finishes cleaning the floor as the foundation is repaired by the crew.
    50127275042_793e86c13b_b.jpg
    50126479418_e9a2f295a9_b.jpg
    50126479333_4b5a3c5c3c_b.jpg

By the end of the day, the foundation of the front porch and in the house is repaired. The contractor patches the floor with matching patterns, but with fresh stain. Damien is not quite certain he wants the entire room with that flooring. "I'll think about it and let you know. At least I won't have to worry about falling in the holes walking around at night."
    The new windows and the special stained glass windows he ordered are installed, except for the attic rooms and the garage. The garage will have to wait until funds improve. The contractor and crew refuse to install the windows in the attic.
    "Look, dude," the supervisor explains, "I know you just bought this place, but I have lived here my whole life. This place is haunted and no way are we going up in that attic. You are fortunate we agreed to come out here and work at all. I could tell you some stories that would have you leaving before I finish."
    Damien shakes his head in disgust. He has the contractor leave the windows in the garage. He will deal with the attic with Jamison's help after he arrives. He does need to figure out where the devil the entrance is in the attic. There is no door in the tower to the attic, and Damien is thinking he may have to take a sledgehammer to one of the walls to open it up.
    Damien likes the large vase that was in the room, and he cleans it. Once the sooty grime is removed, the vase is perfect for the room. He plants new cuttings in it and is happy with how things are coming together. The crew helps him move his desk and office equipment to the corner of the room. The decorator for the company brought several window treatments and Damien picks out his favorite and they hang them in the room.
    50238736766_12773bf4e4_b.jpg
    50238949152_20b3035453_b.jpg
    50238949127_8fedc25592_b.jpg

He steps outside and admires the look of the new windows. He will have to do the garage and work on renovating the outside and fences when his funds increase.
    50238088458_05e29a97db_b.jpg

Damien starts searching the property for the gnomes and finds several ghosts hanging around the yard. I guess I will have to collect them later when they are resting.
    50126909586_0060ac4ea3_b.jpg

While waiting he climbs the tower steps to the third floor. He pushes on the walls and tries his best to discover a hidden entrance to the room. Everything seems pretty solid. He really hates the idea of taking a sledgehammer to the wall, but that might be what is necessary to get into the attic. Mary is on the other side of the wall as he searches for the opening. She closes her eyes tightly, balls her fists, and recites continuously until Damien goes away. "Please, please, please don't let the spell break! Don't let the spell break!"
    Mary breathes a sigh of relief as she hears his steps leading him back downstairs. "Should I visit the witch and acquire another potion to reinforce the spell that conceals the entrance to my room?"
    50127274922_eca12a191e_b.jpg

Damien goes back into the yard and collects all the gnomes that he can find. While collecting them he finds a memorial hidden among the rocks and brush at the back of the property. He cannot find a plaque on it and wonders who put it here.
    50126479233_c94ca26b52_b.jpg

On his way to town, Damien takes the gnomes with him and places them deep in the woods. He enjoys the Wednesday chef special at the diner. It turns out to be salmon stuffed with crab meat, sweet potato fritters, and grilled vegetables. When he leaves the diner, there is a colorful rainbow over the town. He stops by the police department and registers his PI license with the deputy and enjoys chatting with the deputy until the deputy notices his address. The deputy looks shocked and apprehensive when he notices the address on his application. "Did you know the history of the house before you bought it? I think the realtors have to be honest about the history of homes and this one is haunted. Many unusual things have happened over the years in that house."
    Damien grimaces. It seems as if the townspeople really have a problem with Spring Manor. "Yes, I know the history of the house and no, I am not bothered about the rumors of hauntings and yes, I'm looking forward to renovating the house and turning it into my home."
    50205381758_de79840403_b.jpg
    50205381733_69dd2849cc_b.jpg
    50205910266_7901263f4c_b.jpg

Mary waits until Damien is gone. She hopes he will be out long enough to put her plan into motion. Apparently he made off with all the gnomes so she will have to do this herself. She works getting things prepared and then goes back to the attic and waits by the window watching for the motorcycle that will bring him back to her house. Hearing the motorcycle and seeing it pull into the yard she hurries down to the back entrance.
    50230526613_799e834af3_b.jpg
    50231398212_22b308e9a1_b.jpg

He arrives home with plans to light a fire and make a few more notes for renovating the house and perhaps enjoy watching a sports game on the tv.
    50231398192_8ae16b2e1f_b.jpg

Mary is waiting outside the back door. She is trembling and not with the cold this time. She is trembling in anticipation.
    50231176791_a8692412eb_b.jpg

Damien's face echo's the dismay and anger he feels as he surveys the room.
    50231176776_7b4e9117d9_b.jpg
    50230532538_0c53572cb0_b.jpg

Mary watches as the new owner looks around the room in dismay. "Surely he will understand he is not wanted."
    50231398157_e1c2d0c6ba_b.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan ... Great Update, and it's true old houses can be a money pit.

Damien has the place looking better though.
    It's has to be a bit warmer if nothing else ... :)

With the gnomes gone, if he sees another ghost around, then he may be able to start narrowing down who the ghost is.
    Mary has been busy with a lot of stuff too, and it looks like she has different plans for Damien.

Nice Job ... Great Pictures,
    Happy Simming!

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-46.jpg
    Claire Cosette, this is Sebastian.He will be your new music tutor..
    Cosette: I see.Hello, Sebastian.It is a pleasure to meet you.
    Sebastian: Yes, charmed.I'm sure.

I don't think I trust this Sebastian gentleman.He seems odd.But I went along
    with it, to humor my mother.If it kept her off William's case, then I could cope
    with it.

Screenshot-47.jpg
    Cosette: Think of me, think of me fondly
    When we've said goodbye
    Remember me, once in a while
    Please promise me you'll try
    When you find that once again you long
    To take your heart back and be free
    If you ever find a moment
    Spare a thought for me

Screenshot-48.jpg
    Cosette: We never said our love was evergreen
    Or as unchanging as the sea
    But if you can still remember
    Stop and think of me
    Think of all the things
    We've shared and seen
    Don't think about the way
    Things might have been

Screenshot-49.jpg
    Cosette: Think of me, think of me waking
    Silent and resigned
    Imagine me trying too hard
    To put you from my mind
    Recall those days
    Look back on all those times
    Think of the things we'll never do
    There will never be a day
    When I…won't think...of you...

Screenshot-53.jpg
    Cosette: Good Morning, William.This is Sebastian,my new music tutor.
    Sebastian, this is William.His father owned the manor.
    Sebastian: Odd...He don't look like an heir.
    William: Long story...
    Sebastian: I'm sure it is.

Screenshot-55.jpg
    Sebastian: Who is that young man by Cosette's side?
    Claire: A thorn in my side.Which is why I asked you to come..Do your
    best to lure her away from him.
    Sebastian: I will do my best, Claire.

Screenshot-50.jpg
    Sebastian: Cosette, your mother was right.You have a very lovely
    voice.
    Cosette: Sometimes I feel she embellishes it a bit for her own gain.
    But thank you nonetheless.
    Sebesation: You are very welcome.And you're quite lovely as well.

Maybe I was wrong, perhaps I was quick to judge.He's actually quite charming for
    being a friend of my mother's.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    I have an update for the Ultimate Sim Challenge I meant to post tonight but I didn't due to having a bad headache that wouldn't let up. I'll share it tomorrow as I didn't play tonight like I thought I would.
  • Options
    Turjan wrote: »
    The aftermath of that encounter I recently showed:

G5JFERA.jpg
    Hmm. I'm not sure you want to have the Grim Reaper as stalker... :smiley: . Those break-up scenes could get ugly.

...and probably "final" too considering his choice of partner.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Hi everyone, it's been a while :flushed:
    I hope you are all doing well. It feels like I haven't had a chance to share pictures in this thread all year. Life has been super busy which is a good thing at least. I have really missed you all :smile:

I don't know if anyone remembers my sims since it's been months, but something exciting happened today! Aside from setting up story pictures (and then feeling too lazy to write for them) I have not properly played Saville and Sun's family in a good year, no joke! So the last time I left them Sun was pregnant and today I was determined to see the baby. I waited a whole year not knowing what the gender was :lol:

It happened pretty much soon after I started my game up since I reset everything including her paused pregnancy.
    TS3-W-2020-08-23-15-18-20-73.png

I only now realised that I messed up the continuity by not changing her hair since it's meant to be longer now.
    But meet baby Carina Estelle Callahan, little sister of Jem and Artie. I was really happy that it was a girl since that's what I was hoping for! :blush:
    TS3-W-2020-08-23-15-37-37-70.png

Hugs all round. I think Carina will have some very protective big brothers to watch out for her :smile:
    TS3-W-2020-08-23-15-47-50-80.png
    TS3-W-2020-08-23-15-48-54-29.png
    TS3-W-2020-08-23-15-53-57-37.png

I played until the next day and quit. I'm not sure if I have the motivation to play this game as religiously as I used to.
    I will share one more picture of a sim I made by experimenting with some new sliders. I love how she turned out :smiley:
    TS3-W-2020-08-18-20-06-24-51-2.png
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @coco

Yay, you posted!
    Aww, congrats to baby Carina I for one remember your
    sims and her brothers will adore their little sister so much.
    I know you are busy so to keep you update
    I might post my new save to you through pm hehe.

@bekkasan

Yes, rest and play this weekend resting is important
    during busy weekdays.

@emorrill

Yay you posted, I hope things will calm down
    for you soon.

• Options
    @GraceyManor ... Nice Update

The outfits look nice and I'm not surprised Claire would try to enlist some help with her scheme.
    Wonder what she has over Sebastian's head, because he seems to want to help Claire.

@coco ... Welcome Back

Congrats on the new baby girl, and I am glad you ended up with what you were really wanting.
    You have cute Sims family and they have a cute house it looks like.

Speaking of cute, you also did a great job on Jessica.
    You're not the only one who loves the way she turned out.

Have a lovely day and
    Happry Simming Everyone!

• Options

@emorrill Hope things quiet down for you soon. Look forward to your story when you have time. No rush, no pressure.
    I'm gonna have to see if I can figure out what story I was playing way back then.

@Sleepstar Nice to see you are still playing!

@GraceyManor The tropics are active right now. I sure hope they stay low level or wind down. I'm praying.
    I'm wondering if Father really died! William should have inherited the property. Just how old is he supposed to be? Is he underage?
    It's funny she feels threatened enough to bring in another man to try to lure her daughter away from William.
    I do love that hair the best of all the ones you've used on her.

@Nikkei_Simmer I look at those pics of them standing at attention all that time and I'm thinking...but what if my nose itches or I need to sneeze, or a bug flies around my eyes! :lol: I would never have made it in the military!
    I would imagine if the world is in shambles things would have to change. Yep, you need discipline and order but they are only human. Unless you are throwing some supernatural love in the mix. :grin:

@Brandontaylor Thanks for understanding and the comment on the picture. :smiley: I'm hoping this week will be a bit quieter. I have some things to catch up on.
    Sorry about the bad headache. I hope it went away quickly.

@BlackSand Thanks for commenting! Much appreciated!

@coco It's lovely to see you and I hope being busy is a good thing. :smiley:
    I'm very happy for the family having a baby girl. That is a very pretty name. I was certainly wishing for a girl too.
    Your new sim is very pretty!
    I've missed you and your stories but understand folks move on. Hope you feel like posting occasionally if you do play like you did this time. :smiley:

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you. It has been a relaxing weekend so far. I did post an update a few posts above this one. :smiley: You might have missed it. It was the ghost story, not Adams. :wink:
  • Options
    @bekkasan

I saw it but had to go make lunch so going to comment on
    it now :)
    The new guy is very handsome, he seems to find a lot of interesting stuff
    in the home.
  • Options

50258557581_0b5a4f4247_k.jpg

50258743877_0e7dc15971.jpg

Whoops ... That is nowhere near the most expensive bottle in her collection ...
    But that one is a tad bit thick on the wallet
    and thin on the grapes.

To tell you the truth,
    Curtis is no sommelier
    and I think he just liked the label on it ... :D

• Options

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    Ghost Games

Looking around in disgust, Damien shuts the windows and lights a fire in the fireplace to get some warmth back in the house. It is freezing from the windows being opened. Snow has piled up on the floors underneath the windows and back door that had been left open. His desk was trashed and files have been thrown about the room. Someone tossed the contents of his trash can about the room, and broken dishes are on the floor. Plates litter the coffee table with spoiled food. The offensive odor from the rotting permeates the room. He is stunned beyond belief. How could anyone do this to another person? What kind of hate and anger and rage are they feeling? Why are they so enraged? He got rid of the ghosts earlier or so he thought. Could ghosts cause this damage?
    He climbs the stairs to his room to change his clothes and once again he is shocked at what he finds. He closes his eyes and counts to 10 and then 20 and then 30. Realizing counting is not doing any good or changing the situation he opens his eyes, looks around the room, shrugs his shoulders, and starts cleaning up the mess. Once the floor in front of the fireplace is clean he lights a fire to warm the room. He tosses the piles of soaked clothing in the hamper that his intruder dumped in front of the wide-open windows and became wet with snow. He must have interrupted the trashing as some of his clothes were still in the drawers. He changes and starts mopping up the melting snow.
    50230532498_fd4ab7d364_b.jpg
    50231176691_45317bdd0d_b.jpg
    50230532443_c5217bd31a_b.jpg
    50231176656_8d858e4b94_b.jpg
    50231176636_97cfded525_b.jpg

Mary watches Damien as he looks at the destruction in the bedroom. She observes the expressions on his face change from anger, disgust, and shock to resignation. Instead of running out into the night, he starts cleaning up the mess. She watches thoughtfully as he mops up the snow so patiently. He starts to whistle while he is working. What kind of human is this one? He doesn't seem frightened at all. He just looks tired. He worked all day cleaning and moving furniture and now he is working cleaning another mess. He stops and rubs his eyes and massages his forehead and then resumes his cleaning. She begins feeling a little bit guilty about the mess she made. She floats downstairs and starts to clean up some of the mess, gathering the dripping clothes she dumped in front of the door she left open. She hears him coming down the stairs, so she floats upstairs and puts the wet stuff in the hamper.
    50230532473_311aa9c6d8_b.jpg
    50231176546_3bc63bf431_b.jpg
    50231176531_6225017498_b.jpg

Finishing upstairs he descends the staircase to start in the main living area. He looks at the melting snow in front of the back door and would have sworn a pile of clothes was in the snow earlier. "I know I'm tired, but not tired enough to imagine things." He shrugs his shoulders and gets to work. Before long the floor where the snow has melted is scrubbed and dry. He gets rid of the spoiled food, crushed papers, and broken dishes from the floor. He hopes the odor from the rotting food will be gone by morning.
    50231397932_4a9ed6e2bc_b.jpg
    50231397917_d4052637b4_b.jpg

Everything seems to be clean and dry. It is the wee hours of the morning, and he is exhausted from the extremely long day. His normal optimism is pretty low at this point. But, he will not allow anyone or any ghost to drive him from his home. "If any ghost is still in my house be warned. You are not scaring me away. I've waited a long time to solve the mystery of Mary Kendall and Spring Manor. I'm not leaving! Deal with it!"
    50231397887_38c27b6d05_b.jpg
    50231397877_7561db3532_b.jpg

Damien jumps in surprise as he hears a ghostly voice utter a surprised sound. "What!"
    He turns around trying to find the source of the voice, but Mary blinks out and returns to her attic.
    "I'm definitely losing it when I start hearing ghostly voices! Bad enough I was warning ghosts I wasn't leaving. It's time to get some sleep and stop talking to myself and ghosts! I sure hope Jamie arrives tomorrow."
    50231397842_b9009299e1_b.jpg

"Sherlock, what do you suppose he meant by solving the mystery of me? I'm not sure I like the sound of that. I don't know what is coming over me helping him clean up the mess I made. He's cute, but some of the others were cute too and I still managed to chase them away. I'm going to find that Liam guy and stop being distracted by this guy who thinks he owns my house!"
    50230532213_c50188973a_b.jpg
  • Options
    q1oh7Al.jpg

University world is pretty at night.

Also, I am playing my random save, I added a sauna in the hall and it is
    used frequently haha.

GGw7rTt.jpg

Walter Fullman

Happy simming
  • Options
    @bekkasan

I now reckognize him haha, great screenshots
    he is so handsome.
  • Options
    Chapter Three - Sunset Valley Bunker

1632 ZULU
    SUNSET VALLEY, BC
    CANADA

In the words of Vice-Admiral Meg Austin

Screenshot-170.jpg
    I’d always had a kinship of service with the Fleet Admiral and I admired him in the fact that he was always working for the betterment of the Naval Service. We’d crossed paths at the Pentagon as I was working in Weapons Research and Development developing bigger and better things that went boom and that was what the units were requesting. I was constantly in transit from DC to Naval Station Great Lakes and well, that kept our interactions from getting too personal. I have to say that I admired him a bit more than the Naval service would have allowed, but I kept that to myself. Now we were placed in a bunker in Canada in close quarters with each other contemplating the apocalypse. That was a great way to start a relationship, provided the winds of fortune went that way, sarcasm intended.
    Screenshot-202.jpg
    We met Command Master Chief Coates at the entrance to the bunker and took stock of our new home. The Command Master Chief briefed us on what was there and we took possession of the bunker. Chief Coates and I had rarely crossed paths other than the times that I had to meet with the Fleet Admiral for official business, but she struck me as quite a go-getter. It was hard to think that she was at one point in her service career such a foul-up that she was slated to be processed out. And of course, Harm would be the one to help her in such a way that she stayed in and became a productive sailor and one of our most valuable assets here in the Navy and the bunker. The Goat Locker had met up and deemed her worthy enough to become one of the few who wore the anchors of the chief petty officers and from there, she’d worked her way up to the top to be the most senior enlisted in the Navy. And frankly, the chiefs were the ones who ran the Navy. I watched as Tosh greeted her warmly and thanked her for her service in setting up the bunker.
    Screenshot-224.jpg
    We had a lot to do before everything went to hell in a hand-basket. There was provisioning that needed to take place...and that meant that all hands were needed on deck. We had to stock up on all things that we weren’t able to grow or make. It meant that all meat had to be stocked; enough rations to make sure that we survived the end of the world. Which meant that everything had to be brought in, in bulk.
    Screenshot-191.jpg
    I had never met Admiral Gracen before in my life. A statuesque red-head with gorgeously deep blue eyes and a steely demeanor that spoke that she was no-nonsense. But Tosh with the fact that he was Chief of Naval Operations had and he greeted her as well. The radiant smile that she gave him set off warning bells in me even though I had laid no claim to Tosh. She was going to be a competitor in the relationship stakes especially as Tosh and she knew each other, even if it was in a professional sense as she was the former JAG and now the CO of the Naval Reserves as well as now a bunker-mate.
    Screenshot-192.jpgScreenshot-194.jpg
    Harm and I hadn’t talked at all on the C-17 heading to Abbotsford International Airport and that was mostly due to the fact that I wore the stars of a flag-officer and he was junior to me in rank as an O-6. I sat with Tosh on the flight but could see out of the corner of my eyes that Harm was constantly craning his head around to look at me and the flag officer stripes on my sleeves. And that was annoying Colonel Mackenzie to say the least. I wasn’t sure what was 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Colonel Mackenzie off but I’m sure that seeing Harm’s former work-partner was part and parcel of her whole deal with me. Either way, the petty side of me was glad that she had to call me “Ma’am”. Take that.
    Screenshot-199.jpg
    Even though she was junior in rank to me, something set off warning bells about Kimber Benton. She was absolutely gorgeous with a model’s figure and she’d worked with Tosh from squadron level days. She was his wingman and flew F-14s together. And that made her absolutely dangerous from a relationship point of view in terms of being able to snag Tosh’s heart. The only thing that prevented her from being a part of Tosh’s life was the fact that she wore Captain’s stripes and he wore a Fleet Admiral’s rank. And all she had to do was drop her commission and she’d be able to snag him. She was dangerous and my hackles went up around her especially when she looked at him when he wasn’t looking at her – there was that longing in her eyes that told me that she would go after him if she had a chance. And she had a distinct advantage of familiarity with him that I didn’t have. She’d been around him for most of Tosh’s life, shared many interests with him including flying high-performance aircraft, were squadron-mates, went to war with him and were CO and XO of VF-41 at one time and all that time she had feelings for him. She was going to be my prime competitor for Tosh’s affections. With her, the only advantage I had to snag Tosh was rank.
    Screenshot-205.jpg
    And frankly put...competition was going to go that way since if the bombs did fall, it would be up to us to bring civilization back. All of whom was left of humanity would be tasked with the problem of bringing our population back to pre-war levels. And it would take thousands of generations to do exactly that. I had heard scuttlebutt that there was magic. Seeing cauldrons and books made my eyebrows shoot a beeline for the top of my head. Maybe there was more to this than what authors had written in fantasy books. Who knew?
    Screenshot-236.jpg
    But relationships had to be put on the back burner for now. There was far too much to be done in a short time. We didn’t know when the balloon would go up. And we didn’t want to be still in prep-mode when it did. In otherwords time was of the essence and it meant that we had to use every single minute of the day to make sure that everything was able to be locked down at a second’s notice. Being prepared was of prime importance to survival. There was no way to look for something you might have missed when the world was in ashes.
    Screenshot-223.jpg
    We would be taking inventory of what was there and then supplementing it with stuff that we would be bringing into the bunker during our provisioning. Then after all that was completed; we would lock-down and await our fates in hopes that Providence would look down on us and spare our bunker from being hit by nuclear attack. Even though the roof was rated for a 100MT direct hit, we sure as hell didn’t want to test that out.

In the words of Captain Harmon Rabb Jr.

Screenshot-123.jpg
    I knew that Meg had command potential, but I had not known that she’d shot up the ranks like that. When she had stepped into the office in DC and I’d seen out of the corner of my eyes that she was wearing Vice-Admiral’s sleeve rings, I felt my heart sink into my chest. Was I that far out of step? I knew for a fact now that when I had decided to flip for Mac’s and my future, that I made a big mistake. I’d flipped the chance away of ever becoming an admiral. When I saw the coin land on tails, I knew that I had to honor the choices made. It meant that I ended up having to turn in the captaincy since I’d rejected the position in London. Being frocked for Captain was contingent on my accepting the posting and since I’d rejected the position, I went back to being an O-5 and awaiting my position in rank. My decision also didn’t sit well with high command and I’m sure that my NAVPERS record went in the very bottom of the pile as I reserved my commission and went to be Mr. “Mackenzie-Rabb” – though in the end that never turned out because we could never get our stars aligned.
    Screenshot-162.jpg
    Eventually after delaying a wedding multiple times, we each got the feeling that it would never work out and we went our separate ways. I decided to re-activate my commission and my detailer had said that I had severely shot myself in the foot with that coin-toss and rejecting a command that would have sent me to the Judge Advocate General’s chair eventually. I had pretty much kissed any chance of my being an admiral good-bye. In fact it was going to be hard if not impossible to get back into position to be promoted to Captain. Hindsight is twenty-twenty. If I had known that everything would go south, I’d have never had that coin-toss.

As it was, Lia got the JAG’s position and became a vice-admiral then went on to command Naval Reserves and become a four-star. Seeing Meg again was not only wonderful, but traumatic owing to that fact that in one stupid fell swoop, I’d kissed my chances of ever being able to wear stars. It was too late for regrets. And seeing that large stripe and two smaller stripes on her sleeves meant that there was no chance for us, meaning that Meg and I could never be an item. She was too far up the chain of command that a relationship was not possible.
    Screenshot-121.jpg
    It was with a heavy heart that I had to close the door on any eventuality of my reuniting with Meg. In fact what hurt even more was that at one point, she was calling me, “sir.” Now I had to refer to her as “Ma’am” in my dealings with her and in fact, Animal had made her his XO in the bunker which meant that she held a command position which meant that her word and his was law in that bunker. I rationalized that it was a small price to pay for survival. But I often wondered if the fact that we were ending up having to live in a hole like rats was going to mess with our sanity and whether we’d be coming out of the bunker with our minds intact.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    I’ve been kind of torn between Sims 3 and Sims 4... I’ve got good save games going in both hahaha. Maybe I’ll go back and visit the Sanchez family, and get the triplets to teenagers and fulfill Maria’s lifetime wish.
  • Options
    The Command Staff of Sunset Valley Bunker

Fleet Admiral Toshio M. "Animal" Nakamura - Commanding Officer (CO)
    Vice-Admiral Meg Austin - Executive Officer (XO) (second-in-command)
    Admiral Liandra Gracen - Chief Legal Officer and Presiding Judge
    Command Master Chief Jennifer Coates - Chief Enlisted Non-Commissioned Officer (Command)
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hey everyone. :)

I actually got onto my game for an hour or so yesterday to finish up a house I started building. :) Me! Building!? Yup! :lol: And gosh it felt SO good just to have a little me time! I just wanted to be able to get on and play and do something that doesn't require a lot of thought, you know, fun play. ;) I'll share pics of the house later when I'm finished. :blush:

After I got tired of working on the house, I went to play with Damien (who I was playing with in Moonlight Falls where I decided to build the house) and redecorated his home a tiny bit. Of course that was after I watched him workout in front of the TV for a bit. :smirk:<3

Screenshot.jpg

Time for comments! (Finally...)

@GraceyManor Goodness girl, you just keep getting sick left and right. :confounded: I'm sorry. I do hope you feel much better soon <3 and that those hurricanes stay away!
    Been very much enjoying your story. :)
    Phantom of the Opera has some of the BEST music ever by the way. ;)

@Nikkei_Simmer Been enjoying your story as well. This picture is so romantic! <3
    Animal-MegKissing.png

@BlackSand I very much enjoy reading your story posts as well. :) You write well. 👍

@Brandontaylor
    I am glad you are able to watch and play Animal Crossing, keeping yourself busy won't make things go away, but it will get your mind off of it for a while.
    ^Yuuuup.
    Thank you for your sweet words. <3 {{{{Hugs}}}}
    This year really has been strange...terrible is a better word for it I think. I pray the world doesn't get any worse than this, but...I know that it will. :(
    Yeah I didn't take many pictures of when I first played on here. The ones I did are stuck on Photobucket and I'm not even sure if I can access them... I think I just might replay what I played back then and take new pics to share. :mrgreen: Sounds fun, but I'm not sure if that's what I want to do yet...
    Hang in there too my friend. <3

@bekkasan I'll share my comments on your two new awesome story posts on the story thread because I haven't had the chance to sit and read the second one yet. (This was a quick post I decided to throw out first, while L was also distracting me.) So I'll do both comments all at once. :kissing_heart: I always like to devote the best of my time to reading your stories. :star:
    You left us on quite the little cliffhanger there with the first part. :naughty:;)
    Hope things quiet down for you soon. Look forward to your story when you have time. No rush, no pressure.
    ^Thank you. <3<3

@coco Hey girl! :smiley: It's great to see you! <3 Forgive me for not being the best friend and checking in with you lately... Life has been nuts! Once L starts school this week I know I'll have more time to devote to the things I enjoy and keeping in touch with my friends.
    I could never forget Sun and Saville. :blush: And I'm SO glad they had a baby girl as well! Carina is a beautiful name. <3
    I'm not sure if I have the motivation to play this game as religiously as I used to.
    ^Aww...but you know what? I totally get it. I've been feeling that way for a while too. It's just...real life gets busy or it gets stressful and you have to decide which is more important to focus on. And in a way...it really stinks! :confounded: You wish you could do both, but...sometimes you really can't. I'm glad you have a job and are enjoying it. :blush: I hope many more blessings come your way. <3
    Your new lady sim is beautiful, as yours always are. :)

@Silverofdreams30 Yup, I finally posted. Thanks to yours and bekkasan's nudges. ;):kissing_heart: I'm thankful for great forum friends like the two of you. <3 (and coco too. :) )
    That picture of Walter in the tub. :love: Which skin is that? Do you know by chance?

Happy Simming everyone. :) Chat later.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    wow it's been years when I threw in the towel I didn't think I'd ever be back but decided to give sims 3 another chance as now I am in a better situation with a much better computer. I bet no one remembers me so uh just wanted to hand out some awesomes and be glad that this is still going I didn't think it would work so I made no plans I went classic, made a pretty girl, aged down Gunther so I can steal him from Cordelia. I no longer have access to my second account so I have to rebuy some things but I added three things in at least shame I don't believe I could do anything about missing store items but oh well I'll take the game functioning. Kay bye I'll come be a pain later. :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top