Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    I just spent far too long trying to gently clean my computer monitor (actually it's a 50 inch 4k TV that was too big for my entertainment center) because of that random period you include in your posts.

Sorry ... My bad,
    And I owe you a cupcake, beer, 16 oz ribeye medium rare with a loaded baked potato and Caesar salad.
    Whatever you want just for putting you through all that trouble.

Of course if it was random, it wouldn't be in every post ... :D

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Page 3983

@Faerie197 That too.

@BlackSand Looks like they are on a collision course to meet.
    I take it they did meet then.

@Lucy_Henley I'm betting she's found a lot of good gems by now.
    Yeah, it seems it takes a while to get the Omni Plant.
    That's bad the neighbors had a fire.
    Making Ambrosia is definitely an achievement.
    That's the annoying part of gardening, lol
    I don't have the grill but I find it funny that she had to change into her chef's outfit first.
    That's a good idea, that way she at least knows what to expect in an actual match.
    She'll get there, I always liked their expressions when they break the bottle.
    Getting close to reaching the top.
    Great update!

@MoonandStars83 They did have a lot of fun.
    Yep, at least on the lot it is on. It also helps them find harder to find items when they hunt.
    The dad's got a fun career.

@Nikkei_Simmer Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 Sounds good, I'm looking forward to the next update.

@alwaysraee Welcome to the forums!

@CravenLestat Great job on Malia!

@Turjan You're welcome.
    I think it used to be able to happen awhile before one of the updates but it may be able to happen without it.
    Either way, you'd be correct, lol. Gus isn't quite as bad as Dorie but they are a pair, that's for sure.
    I don't usually collect much either. I enjoy it some, but it takes a lot of time away from other things I need to accomplish.
    That's the part that I dislike, when no one shows up to dance.
  • Options
    alwaysraeealwaysraee Posts: 36 Member
    @Brandontaylor thank you!
  • Options
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    alwaysraee wrote: »
    alwaysraee wrote: »

You double posted

You double posted

:D
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor ... Great Update and nice little nest egg Brittany is working on there.

I have to admit that I sometimes make Sims do the Smustle ... Just because it cracks me up.
    Looks like Brittany might be fine on the job front, and congrats on the promotion.
    It also looks like she and Christopher are still having a great time and it's nice he is helping her with the kids.

Oh,yeah ... Curtis and Carol met each other, but not much happened.
    I think the narrator even commented the story was boring at one point today ... :D

@Turjan ... Ethan looks pretty cool in that picture.
    There was once a popular song ... "Dancing With Myself" ... Billy Idol I think.
    Anyway ... I don't have trouble with Sims showing up at a venue.
    Strangely though, a lot of them show up, walk through the door, tap their feet a few time, then turn around and walk out.

Thanks for the comments, and feedback on the story.
    I hope you enjoy it; if nothing else I am ... Which is probably why no one knows where it is going ... :D

Happy Simming!

• Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer I can't put my finger on why, exactly, but that last pic weirds me out a bit.

@Lucy_Henley Sorry about the crashing. Trust me when I say I know the feeling.

@alwaysraee Congrats to Juanita and Leighton.

@BlackSand Great pic.

@Turjan You could try the More Sims in Clubs mod.

@Brandontaylor Wait, spicy food can set the house on fire?
    ****I've got a couple werewolves sprinkled in my saves. I'll have to check out that weather stone thing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Today I was in the Wheatly save. For a while I noticed a glitch in my Babysitting Mod that made sitters continuously appear then leave for the day, and in the process of A) figuring out what the heck, and B) trying to end the service/fire the sitters, it cost me a couple thousand dollars (each sitter was $50, so, it cycled through quite a bit).

Baby Benjamin was born, however. He's a vampire like his mom. Shortly after his birth, I started getting crashes, so tomorrow I'll bin/replace this save (which means I'll have to find new interests for Archer and Agnes, unless I try traveler again. Though that might not even work. I don't know.

No pic today.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    @MoonandStars83 thank you!
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    @Brandontaylor Thank you. Heh, you have some cool dance pictures yourself there :smile: .
    Your Brittany and Christopher are such a nice couple, and those are cute toddlers.
    I guess I still need someone to grow the ingredients for spicy food in my Bridgeport game, and I still haven't seen such an accident.
    My teens normally use dad for elixir target practice. He's in constant bliss, because they pretty much only use the bliss elixirs they make from the apples they constantly conjure.
    Hmm, mischief with the transmogrifier. That just got on the to-do list :lol:

@BlackSand Thank you. Yes, I loved those Billy Idol songs.
    Regarding the club, I guess I didn't express myself clearly. I accidentally sent Ethan to the celebrity side of the venue, and I'm not sure there's anyone around, except his wife (who was at work) and Matthew Hamming, who can enter that section. The game pushed about 6 or 7 sims into the venue, but the highest was a 3-star, Emmy Starr. They all couldn't get past the bouncer, and half of them left again, while the others went to the other side. So this was more me thinking about who these sections are for. The last dancing opportunity before this one was at the Aquarius, and Ethan went with Barry after work, who is a 4-star. But even Barry had to buy the venue to get in :lol: , as there wasn't even a bouncer around.

@MoonandStars83 Thanks, but no, I'm good. I'll just have to go to the "normal" side.

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Sorry for being mia origin updated and ever since then game has been crashing
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited August 2020
    Screenshot-30.jpg
    Claire: Being the kind woman that I am, I must inform you, that
    your father has passed away.
    William: What?! You're lying.
    Claire: Its all in this letter...apparently he fell ill and succumbed to his disease.
    Well, no use crying over a lost soul.

Screenshot-31.jpg
    William: How can you be so cruel.
    Claire: In time, you'll thank me.Better to receive tough love,
    rather than being coddled and spoiled your whole life.

Screenshot-33.jpg
    William:
    Where has the starlight gone?
    Dark is the day
    How can I find my way home?
    Home is an empty dream
    Lost to the night
    Father, I feel so alone

Screenshot-32.jpg
    William: You promised you'd be there
    Whenever I needed you
    Whenever I call your name
    You're not anywhere
    I'm trying to hold on
    Just waiting to hear your voice
    One word, just a word will do
    To end this nightmare

Screenshot-34.jpg
    William: When will the dawning break
    Oh endless night
    Sleepless I dream of the day
    When you were by my side
    Guiding my path
    Father, I can't find the way

Screenshot-36.jpg
    William: You promised you'd be there
    Whenever I needed you
    Whenever I call your name
    You're not anywhere

Screenshot-37.jpg
    William: I'm trying to hold on
    Just waiting to hear your voice
    One word, just a word will do
    To end this nightmare
    I know that the night must end
    And that the sun will rise
    And that the sun will rise

Here's the song to listen to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFmQaOw_vbI
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @CravenLestat She's so cute! Love her and the video! :3

Also, @Mareah haven't been on the TS3 site for awhile, so I just noticed your gift from my birthday. Thank you so much! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Alec had a day off to settle in after his wedding. He went jogging in the morning, and Jess finished and sold her first sculpture. She only got 28 simoleons.

GMBVvx0.jpg

win6FqY.jpg

Jess and Alec both rolled wishes to read pregnancy books. I took them to the library and clicked on all the shelves, but couldn't find a single pregnancy book! They read skill books instead.

6LRR9dl.jpg

I realised that Alec technically doesn't know about the pregnancy yet, so I had Jess give him the happy news.

2jcw3dD.jpg

Mo8AW9Z.jpg

Alec gave Jess a massage when they returned home.

4eXCzoe.jpg

The next day was Leisure Day, so the couple had some fun at the beach.

z9xoWea.jpg

They stayed in town afterwards, to meet new sims.

WmjC3aX.jpg

I added a nectary/farmer's market lot to the world, for future household members who might want to garden. Jess and Alec went there in the evening.

LcgiLfb.jpg

It was there that Jess went into labour.

g1zL2pz.jpg

She and Alec took a taxi to the hospital, and came back with a boy called Peter.The pregnancy was happy, so I gave Peter the genius and virtuoso traits.

3RBOl56.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @Turjan

Thank you

@Brandontaylor

She and Cristopher seemed to have a nice time.
    she is sure busy with that daycare job hehe.

@GraceyManor

Lovely update

@PalmArrow

Congrats to Jess baby.
  • Options
    @GraceyManor ... Oh, wow ... Nice update.

Looks like Claire's plans are coming together ... Um-Hmm!
    That poor William, you almost have a feel a bit sorry for him.
    It's a shame he lost his father, and that is certainly going to complicate matters a tad bit.

I'd say Cosette and William have a bit of a struggle coming up in their near future.
    I'm going sit back see what's going to happen.

Good Job ...
    Happy Simming!

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    "It Takes to"

Part 4

g4QUqRz.jpg

Jayden needed a relaxing afternoon after work,
    so he sunbathed after a swim.

oaT6UVs.jpg

Dani greeted him and they chatted for a little bit,
    then she had to head home to have a nap.

E865CKF.jpg

c1xozCv.jpg

xxkHPbz.jpg

6hJMMLE.jpg

Later in the night, she wanted to learn to know one of the guys a bit more, so she called up
    Adam Moon. He had seemed really nice when she met hi mat the gym.
    " Adam"! His voice heard on the other end after a few signals.

" Hi this is Danielle, we met by the gym earlier today" She said a bit nervous he maybe
    would have forgotten all about their meeting.

" Ahhhh Danielle, yeah the new girl in town, I do remember meeting you"
    he chuckled a little bit.

" Would you maybe like to hang out with me a little bit tonight? I am by the Waylon haunt pub"
    she braved to ask, " of course, I would like to chat with you a bit more
    ," he said after a few moments.

They decided to meet up 30 minutes later.

LaP0Hze.jpg

30 minutes later exactly on time, Adam arrived.

eiHaRkf.jpg

CCQF8MZ.jpg

DqQpgsx.jpg

To be continued

• Options
    Ultimate Sim Update

gEwbF9t.jpg
    This time, Brittany threw only beneficial elixirs at Gage Briody. She even threw a Jar of Potent Friendship elixir at him to be nice.

0K1BOJl.jpg
    With that taken care of, I had her go upstairs to work on the skill some more. Eventually she'll have to have one of every elixir in the chest marked for alchemy and logic potions but for now I'm using them for the throw 50.

jtUDNcX.jpg
    Xi1MtRM.jpg
    Then it was off to France to buy some items she'll need later in the challenge. Egypt will be coming up once the 2 day moodlet goes away from this trip to France.

vr30TO8.jpg
    After that, she spent most of her time running around hunting. She had no luck finding anything she needed so a different approach was needed.

s7qZ3CQ.jpg
    But before the new approach could be taken, her rebel influence dropped to 9 so I had to have her rant about politics to bring it back up.

Dy2C8Vy.jpg
    JobUEkt.jpg
    The new approach was to use the Collection Helper to find the items. However, Brittany doesn't have it yet as she needed the points for other LTR's so a trip to Carl's Sims Guide showed me all known spawner locations in France. It's not considered cheating in my books so I'm using that until I get the points. Unfortunately, you don't know what the item is either way so it's not the best option either. She did find the iridium she was missing plus the space rock in the first picture.

ru0PZbn.jpg
    By this time, she was getting tired so I had her set up her tent on a vacant lot to sleep for the night. These two came and bothered her so Brittany threw some elixirs at them.

VvEjlUS.jpg
    Lastly, Brittany found several of the insects she needs but there are still some missing. I also had to let her swim to get to a little island as it had spawners. What I'll do if she gets any athletic skill is to use MC to bring it back to 0, as Llandros said you can do. Athletics is a metric for the firefighting career so that's why he made it where it doesn't unlock until then. Another career uses it too so Llandros uses MC to start the skill over in that career. I'm not doing that though unless I have to.

***Playing this save one more time later tonight but then I'll switch to another save over the weekend. I just wanted to get further along in the challenge
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @PalmArrow How cute,a boy you say

No i'm fine really

6Ly9u2k.gif

:#

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @alwaysraee You're welcome.

@BlackSand It looks so funny when they dance. It's by far my favorite Sim dance. :lol:
    Yeah, I think she will be. I'm just wondering if she'll need more than 4 weeks but we will see how it goes.
    He's been a godsend, can't trust the roommates to help since I don't control them.
    Lol, I've been there before. Sometimes I feel like certain parts of stories I've done are boring.

@MoonandStars83 Yeah, if a Sim eats it and blows fire out there mouth it can. Doesn't happen all the time but unfortunately I've been unlucky in that department.
    It works best with a higher skilled werewolf than with a new one so make sure they are up there a bit in the Lycanthropy hidden skill.
    Congrats on baby Benjamin!

@Turjan Thanks!
    They sure are. I didn't mess with changing the hat off that one toddler but I'm going to fix them if they need it as children. By fixing, I mean clothes and hair.
    It's one of those things that happens every once in a while, unfortunately I've been unlucky and keep getting things set on fire.
    I could use Christopher or a roommate, although I'd have to use the beneficial ones.
    You got to cause some issues every now and again. One thing I'll have to do is put 25 people in a romantic relationship for the social networking skill challenge so I'm going to set up random people regardless if they are with someone or not. Let's see what drama unfolds in the Valley. :lol:
    Looks like someone is wanting a Plantsim.

@GraceyManor More like she hired someone to kill him. Or she's keeping him prisoner somewhere.
    Okay, if she did do something like I said, she sure made it look real with the headstone. Just wondering if he is dead or not.
    Great update!

@PalmArrow 28 simoleons is a start.
    Too bad you didn't find the pregnancy book. At least they are learning a skill though.
    It's funny how a Sim can be pregnant but you have to tell the spouse, even if they already have a baby bump.
    Looks like they are having fun.
    Congrats on the birth of Peter!
    Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 They do have a pretty nice time together.
    She sure is. At least I have half of the required four weeks done now. Hopefully I can get that done by the end of August or so. The rest of the season will go fast.
    Always good to get some relaxation in after work.
    Apparently Adam didn't forget her.
    Great update!
  • Options
    krabby_pattiesskrabby_pattiess Posts: 358 Member
    Hi guys, it's been a while since I posted on here. My current household is based on the vampire diaries but their kids have names after colors because Stefan and Damon's mom is named Scarlet. I'll post some pictures later when I can figure out how to do that again.
    My blog where you can catch my simming: https://caitsims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Introducing Chateau Sunset Valley - a luxurious Doomsday Bunker. :mrgreen:

On the top level just below the 100MT hardened roof is...
    Screenshot-185.jpg
    The Agriculture & Farming Level
    Two levels down from that through a decontamination area is the main living quarters.
    Screenshot-183.jpg
    We have the galley manned by the Navy cooks...or those who are attempting to be Navy cooks. It'll be a gastronomical nightmare for a while. Well...at least the Marines have plenty of crayons on the next level to munch on.
    Screenshot-184.jpg
    The carpeted area is a nursery. Hey, they have to repopulate the area. :D
    ...and in the motorpool on the top level. :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-186.jpg
    They mean business. It's a "Don't come Knockin'; We're not expecting anyone...Go away". :mrgreen: And the 120 mm M256A1 Main Gun will take care of anyone who doesn't heed the warnings.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    With a baby on the way, Leo knew he had to keep working. So with much regret he agreed to a lengthly tour.

d7cl2Jk.jpg

Kathy complained about her shower not working, while Ranko complained about how much Kathy stank. One of these had an instant solution in the form of genie magic. The other...

"Well, then why don't you go fix your shower? I did leave a book on how to repair most plumbing issues for you to read."

Despite complaining about having to do the work herself, Kathy did start working on doing just that. It took 5 days to fix the shower.
    YXFUFdl.jpg

I have no idea what Kathy was doing, but obviously she wasn't doing it very well.
    Gv5vSrh.jpg

She finally managed to fix the shower shortly after coming home from whatever disaster she'd been involved in. She then immediately took one.
    InP4zch.jpg

And finally, I finished doing a bit more work on the 2nd floor. The new Saotome residence is finished, outside of furnishings and lights. After building part of the hallway that will lead to the door (as well as doors for other apartments) I noticed this.
    x9MaXKe.jpg

Daw...
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 ... Nice Update

It's good to see Dani is making friends around town.
    I hope her and Adam have a great evening at the pub.

@Brandontaylor ... Good Update

It's nice to see Brittany making a little more headway on her searches.
    She's also becoming quite the world traveler in the process ...
    You just know that would be a great learning experience.

@Nikkei_Simmer ... You've obviously been busy

The bunker looks great.
    The layout should be sufficient and the motorpool looks like it can handle things.
    The Marines however, may need a little more variety in the diet ... Have you thought about adding paste to it?

Happy Simming!

• Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    Ros had visited the future before, and was now aware that she could shape the future! The Almanac of Time mentioned both Utopian and Dystopian possibilities. Like many Sims, she wasn't a fan of horror and disaster, so she summoned Emit Relevart to enquire about changing the future.

s6n7eVs.jpg

Her first task was to measure the cheerfulness of three people. Naturally, her first target was her husband.

ycyrbNF.jpg

She then decided to measure Nicholas's cheerfulness...

XE9ZgC6.jpg

... and finally Lucy's.

JcSz01C.jpg

Emit then gave Ros several vials of something called "Dew". After using it on herself, she turned pink! Having been told that not everyone turned the same colour, Ros was eager to test it out.
    "Mum, why are you pink... Hey! Why are you throwing a bottle at me?" Lucy asked in alarm.
    "Just trust me..." Ros said vaguely.
    (Lucy turned orange).

Ki04CPj.jpg

Ros then threw a vial at Martin (who turned blue)...

7TEwVyZ.jpg

... and at Nicholas (who turned purple)...

NGbGmEg.jpg

.. and at two Sims outside her household, who turned yellow and green respectively.
    Back at home, having reverted back to her usual pale skin/red hair look, Ros cooked some lasagne in the wood-fired oven.

wIOv6I8.jpg

It was fair to say that poor James wasn't yet used to the elevator...

pMJ9E6A.jpg

Having completed all her tasks, which included persuading the military to release dew into the atmosphere, Ros made her way to the future. She always found travelling through time rather bewildering, and hadn't yet mastered the art of landing gracefully.

ZZPeZfo.jpg
    cEMH6sS.jpg

Naturally, she was rather hungry. Although she enjoyed cooking, sometimes it was a relief to have someone - or something - do the cooking for her. The base camp didn't have standard cooking equipment, just a food synthesiser. This was particularly exciting as she was able to order food that even she hadn't learnt to make yet. In this instance, she ordered some crepes, which were very tasty.

iyCeyOA.jpg

One of the reasons that Ros had headed to Oasis Landing was to buy some Bot Building books. James was into both handiness and inventing, and Ros thought that he'd also enjoy bot building.

eXE5ioe.jpg

She then decided to visit some descendants. One of the ones she'd met previously, Eddie Asquith, had unfortunately died. Ros was amused to see that the red-hair gene was still strong as she greeted a descendant called Alicia.

621s7aV.jpg

Ros then went upstairs to greet a woman she assumed was Alicia's mother, called Cristy.

YZxvseH.jpg

After meeting the other two members of the family, Dirk and Edward, she went back to the base camp. She came across a Plumbot, and marvelled at how advanced it was. She'd never been much good at mechanical stuff, and was grateful that James could do such things; she was slightly embarrassed by her ineptitude. Oh well, everyone had their weak points, and realising when one needed help was a good thing.

dxhhzYK.jpg

On her previous visit, Ros had been charmed by the little HoloDiscs. She noticed that one of them was rather sad and lonely, so she interacted with it. She found them cute, but was a little wary about owning one herself, as pets (and children) were a big responsibility, and there would be no chance of the HoloDisc growing up and leaving home.

MWvRdIG.jpg

Ros had always been a fan of modern architecture and furnishings, and therefore always enjoyed her time in Oasis Springs. She did have a family to get back to, however, and couldn't really think of a reason to stay any longer. Making sure she remembered the bot building books, she stepped back through the portal.

ngaOOd0.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top