Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 Love the pics of the family. The other townie looks pretty darn good to me! :love:

@ZhakiraP Looks like he is in trouble. :( I'll catch up on your thread today. :smiley:
    I've not made another post since he got attacked. Working on one and hopefully will post today.

• Options
    NyanakochanNyanakochan Posts: 52 Member
    In my game (technically last night) I finally finished making/remaking the last sim in the group for my current household (based off of the Crypton Future Media Vocaloids.) Didn't expect this to be my main household, but the outfit/accessory part of CAS takes forever to load, so making/edit sims takes forever (like, hours if I'm actually putting effort in.) Besides the group I mentioned earlier, there's two other character-based sims living in the household; one based of a somewhat similar program, and the main character from a horror rpgmaker classic.
    One of the household members finally made friends with the extreme shy and reserved Madotsuki (horror rpgmaker character mentioned above), Iku (similar program character listed above) got to cooking level 8 and is continuing to learn recipes, and Meiko (newly remade one) joined the same career that all but one working house member is in (Music career.)
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited October 2018
    @CravenLestat I didn't forget, I swear I didn't! As for being busy with school, well, I'd like to see you try and study all this...
    KS0EEf9.jpg

But forget that. Let's get on to the good stuff! :)

I can't thank Craven enough for sharing his lovely Sim Lori with me!
    e1bVGhB.jpg

I'm sorry, I'm horrible at setting up photoshoots against anything except a plain white background :confounded: I tried my hardest...
    3Hp05BW.jpg

And I'm sure you'll agree Craven, you can never have too many gingers! These two reminded me of a pair of foxes :>
    (Both shirt designs are by TeeTurtle!)
    I2aAr8W.jpg
    yhI9cSa.jpg
    pv2SmBe.jpg

Definitely helps that they both love dancing!
    eYTeVge.jpg

Lori's having the time of her life...
    gHOFQIK.jpg

...Martin just looks constipated :tongue:
    huGBQhl.jpg

Aww, it's ginger love! <3
    7AcpPup.jpg
    Eons1Y5.jpg

But let's cut to the chase here haha. This here is their daughter, a lovely Sim I christened Lena. I made no tweaks at all, except changing her hair and eyebrows. :)
    She's honestly mostly Martin, but she's got Lori's hair colour, as well as Lori's button nose (instead of Martin's tiny narrow one). I'm sure you'll be pleased to know I saved her to the bin immediately!
    X27jgam.jpg
    ZDsSjFR.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @bekkasan

Thank you for the comemnts

@ZhakiraP

Thank you

@TinySpaceFox

Their daughter looks great and so does the other two sims.
  • Options

@ZhakiraP Specimen number 1 and 2 are quite cute!
    I've never done a 100 baby challenge. Abigail didn't manage as many as her Mom!
    Benton is cute. Sure will be interesting to see what happens with him and who abducted him the second time.

@Nyanakochan Welcome. Sounds like an interesting family for sure.

@TinySpaceFox Lori and Martin are cute together and sure made a pretty daughter.
  • Options

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family
    Rafe and Autumn's Story
    Cursed

Seth tries to reassure a terrified Shea. "We will find a cure. Rafe and I both have heard and read about the mummy's curse and we know there is a cure out there. We just have to find it."
    Seth is exhausted from the fight and the poison flowing in his system and crawls into bed and falls instantly to sleep. Shea watches over him until she is sure he is in a deep sleep and won't awaken soon.
    30405564957_7e0463e190_b.jpg
    30405564737_2f057c7819_b.jpg

Autumn and Rafe are discussing what happened and what is next. Shea hurries to talk with them. Rafe tells her he will contact a few of the locals to find out the best place to research the mummy's curse. It would take too much time for him to attempt teleporting back to Barnacle Bay, researching in the archives there and then teleporting back here. Seth may not have that much time, but, he does not tell Shea that.
    30405565397_3eff3ca02c_b.jpg
    30405563377_d1822e9063_b.jpg

Shea tries to distract herself by working in her garden while Autumn and Rafe take a few moments to enjoy playing with the children. Will enjoys his ride on the kitty and is being a bit cranky about getting off. Will whines to his Dad, "I might have to get off, but I don't have to like it."
    Rafe has to try very hard not to laugh as his son continues to pout about getting off the ride. He hugs his son thankful for a lighthearted moment in an otherwise very sorrowful day.
    45389363111_aa35dd411c_b.jpg
    45389362181_a4db16411d_b.jpg
    45338495622_322588f336_b.jpg
    45389361461_daa8b1e468_b.jpg
    45338495112_a775fa54ae_b.jpg

Rafe heads to town and talks to one of the merchants. She mentions one of the town elders who is very knowledgeable about the myths and tales of mummy's and curses.
    45389360961_33d2770653_b.jpg

Rafe has not met this elder and introduces himself. He explains what he needs to know and why. The elder is reluctant to divulge the information to someone he considers an outsider. He is sorry about his friend, but must think about this and cannot help without knowing more about Rafe and Seth. He is not in Rafe's circle of acquaintances that know Rafe's reputation and previous explorations in Al Simhara. Rafe does not have time to deal with that nonsense. He uses his powers and mesmerizes the man to tell him what he needs to know. The elder tells him exactly what Rafe needs to know and Rafe leaves him with a suggestion that they had a nice conversation about the difference between plums and pomegranates.
    45389359071_619a7b4723_b.jpg
    45389358411_7b683e680b_b.jpg
    45389357581_0b80288cae_b.jpg

Seth wakes up and feels much better after the rest. He does not feel normal, but does feel rested. He finds the kids outside and sits down to read to them. Shea projects an aura of soothing that she thinks they all could use. Seth notices that the edge of his vision is tinged black as if the world is already receding from him.
    45338494072_3149f13f26_b.jpg
    45389359731_0fa2fca887_b.jpg

Rafe teleports back home and finds Seth sitting outside playing with the kids. He watches his friend and children as they play and notices Seth is quieter than his normal exuberant play with the kids. Seth spots him and stands to greet him. "Did you find out anything, anything at all?"
    44665479484_b2300a3370_b.jpg
    45389356411_74b32f8e19_b.jpg

Rafe tells him about the encounter with the elder and the ancient library that is underneath one of the homes on the edge of town. The library houses information about ancient curses, mummies and the pyramids that surround the town. The elder is one of a few men who are the guardians of the library. None are able to read the scripts as they are written in the old dialects. Luckily Rafe was alive back then and should have no problems reading them. Rafe was able to read the location of the library from the mind of the elder. They will need to befriend the occupants of the home in order to access the hidden area. Rafe asks Seth to distract the owner while he searches for the opening and then he will send the owner to sleep while they explore.
    Rafe and Seth change into local clothing for the visit. They let Autumn and Shea know where they are headed and what they hope to find there.
    44665478534_b2d4fe430c_b.jpg
    45389354151_07f9114e8a_b.jpg
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited October 2018
    @CravenLestat , So....basically I sound like a female chipmunk? :D at least I don't look like one..though they are cute.

My favorite screenshot from today's story play..

Jared scaring the pi*ss out of Julia..his expression! I muttered as*shole when I saw that but also snickered. Gotta love him.. :heart:

31580151658_34d42ec6b1_c.jpg

My favorite of all three from today. If looks could kill... :o

44540675855_20051c2ed0_c.jpg

:smiley: Gonna try to get complete feedback out tomorrow..
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @TinySpaceFox I swear I just wrote a ton of feedback on your post but after was writing Charlottesmom right before typing my last 2 words then my forum page went too......

"Oops something went wrong" on a white screen with a blue "Reload" button to click :#

Am so mad right now.But in short I loved it even the light sculpture background and the daughter.Am just happy you like her

<3
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 Salty is a good looking sim! He looks great with his tail :) Is that a houseboat or a house built to look like one? LOL at the no fishing sign :)
    My teens never try to skip school. It's good you found a trick to make them go :)
    What a hot day! I hope Ty and Audra didn't get sunburn :p

@meerkattime Thank you :) It was very frustrating but at least I worked it out :)

@TinySpaceFox I didn't know that about horses, rabbits and rodents! Not sure how I can apply this knowledge to my life but I have been known to retain all kinds of useless trivia ;)
    Martin and his new ginger friend make a cute couple :) Their daughter turned out really well!

@CravenLestat Holly Halloween is scary! :o

@Charlottesmom Adorable video of your rats :)
    I love how sims always look so pleased with themselves after scaring someone :p
    Yep! That's one deadly look from Jared! :D

@bekkasan I do love my game so will put up with anything to keep it running! ;) Thanks :)
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Trust me she is not :wink: It is a disguise,under that mess is a QT Pie.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @bekkasan
    Thanks! Its a houseboat in disguise lol.
    --Oh gosh, I hope they can find a cure for them.
    --I love that look of him trying to get the toddler off of the kiddie ride.

@Mikezumi
    --That is a total PITA.CAS is so annoying.Mine runs incredibly slow and a lot of times will crash on me as well.I hope you can get it fixed.
    I'm glad you shared that little bit of tidbit, I may investigate that issue the next time it happens to me.

@Silverofdreams30
    --Yeah, a big storm coming! Thanks! =)
    --That houseboat has a spooky feeling to it! love it!
    --Salty looks great in human form.

@lanlyn
    --You're DV Couple looks great!

@meerkattime
    --Thank you.I loved that moment as well, I just had to capture it.

@TinySpaceFox
    --Up until the hurricane it was great.
    --Well, William has to stay on deck to guide his men.Claire, as stubborn as she is doesn't want to miss
    any action LOL
    --I loved the golden light myself.Thanks!

• Options
    edited October 2018
    @Springfairy556 I hope the information is of use to you. I posted it in case anyone else ever came across the same problem so they would know what to do about it.
    Do you have your MC CAS settings to show clothes in compact mode? I find that really helps with the speed of CAS.
  • Options
    @Mikezumi
    No, I don't.:o Def will now, thanks for the info!
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Do you have your MC CAS settings to show clothes in compact mode? I find that really helps with the speed of CAS.
    @Mikezumi I've never paid attention to this setting, but I will definitely use it now! I don't have a lot of CAS CC, but I do "own the store," so there are a lot of outfits to load for me in CAS. I just looked up what compact mode does and it sounds like a great option. Only loads one version of an outfit, not all presets, etc. But if I want to see the others, I can still use the Customize button to bring them up. Thanks for mentioning this NRaas setting!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @lanlyn It really does speed CAS up. As I was adding new EPs, Worlds and Store content I was finding CAS was getting unbearable but now it loads up really quickly!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Not even a day after River has her THIRD child, she ends up rolling a wish to have yet ANOTHER child. Well...it's a "Populate the Town" save. >:) Guess what...River, You're going to GET THAT WISH! :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    I just enabled compact mode, but I don't see any difference in speed unfortunately.
  • Options
    @Springfairy556 Perhaps you have a lot more than me since I don't have most of the EPs installed but I found it sped mine up a lot.
  • Options
    @Mikezumi
    That could be on top of my CC.It takes about 25-30 minutes to create one sim, and that's just editing outfits LOL
  • Options
  • Options
    I exited CAS and went back in seems to have fixed it.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    44433714_178590906398503_3337510869725609984_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=8bb50272fc6f4814b6ca9f4bbd13aa33&oe=5C5161FF
    Queen Claire: Wow! Look at the wind! Claire leans over the side of the ship to get a view of the storm.
    King William: Claire, don't lean in like! You're going to fall.
    Queen Claire: No I'm not...look.
    Claire took one step closer, but miscalculated her step.

44511515_178590839731843_4865140508239855616_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=921b6972dccc7d24fdd4ea2c2b2b0d7e&oe=5C87F27D
    King William: Claire!!!!
    Queen Claire: Ahhh!
    Claire plummeted off the ship and down into the sea.

William searched for hours trying to find Claire.The sea was so choppy and wavy, it had swept her away before he could react.

44504918_178590843065176_7392948462397947904_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=8024cf95cc4caafd20c4e18fa9cbe5fe&oe=5C46A2AB
    Knight Duncan: We can't find her sir.I think we should head back to port.
    King William: I'm not giving up, but we should try to search the banks from land.Head back to port and continue the search on land.
    Find her Duncan.
    Knight Duncan: Yes, you're majesty.

44629799_178590849731842_2077413322445029376_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=bc52eef06be998aec4cdfeffe5cce85e&oe=5C424E12
    Claire managed to swim ashore.Not sure where she was, Claire was lost, cold and alone.
    Queen Claire: William!?? Duncan??!

44427390_178590896398504_4747130535116013568_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=cfbaedc511cc8ab4e918804a567ddb41&oe=5C5A9B8C
    She had to find shelter from the storm...

Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @meerkattime

2pfLGqM.gif

I love it <3

But what have I done,she could have had my babies now she wants to kill me.I blew it over a Reeses cup.

:bawling:

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @coco -Thanks for the comment.
    @Nikkei_Simmer -Great pictures!Great update!
    @emorrill -I've been working on my Evermore legacy.
    @ZhakiraP -I've changed coffee makers so children can serve or have coffee in Retuner and that could be done with the time machine if you use NRaas Retuner.Great pictures!
    @Silverofdreams30 -Great update!
    @Auroraskies -It went well as usual with no glitching as is the case for so many others in EA worlds with the EA bugfest running.
    @bekkasan -It was time for them to get ready to move to the other home.Great update!
    @Charlottesmom -It depends on if I have shopping or chores to do or if I'm felling sick.I've had some short sessions and it's longer if I have a full moon as i play two days.
    @CravenLestat -Great pictures!That makeover sim sounds like a fun challenge.
    @Simtown15 -It was a bad idea to uninstall TS3 when you could've just removed the shortcut and moved the Electronic Arts folder to a safe place until you resume playing.
    @meerkattime -I hope you can find a way to stop the forced updates or delay them.Thanks for the comment.
    @MoonandStars83 -Thanks for the comment.Great update!It's too bad about the crash.
    @lanlyn -Great pictures!They've moved there in my game and they love it because they have room to grow.
    @Springfairy556 -Great update!
    @Mikezumi -I've had to go shopping yesterday instead of coming here.That's not fun when the game decides to start crashing on you.
    @HillyBeth -Great pictures!
    @OriginalMara -Thanks for your comment.
    @Nyanakochan -Hi there!That sounds like fun.I've got a legacy in Evermore Falls.
    Here's one of my cloned CC dressers being moved in live mode.
    45407875052_2803313125_b.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top