Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @MamaSimTee Just sneak one into the house. Leave it on a random shelf and see how long it takes him to notice.

@LyricSimsz15 That's my all-time favorite line from the show, mostly because, out of context, it makes no sense. I used to just have the line without the picture, which was even more random and out of context. It was awesome.

@Emily4331 It's a conundrum, I'll give you that.

@Puddinroy *waves*

@emorrill Your health is more important than the forums.

@Mikezumi Welcome back!!

@Namaya92 Kittens!!

@CravenLestat rec'd both

@TadOlson It's mostly to do with my dinosaur computer. I always adjust SP to the slowest level, and adjust what few settings I leave in to last longer than their default lengths. I've since learned to live with it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It looks like SP wasn't my only issue. I'll check a couple of other mods to see if that was the issue, or if I've just overplayed this particular save (in which case, le sigh).

In other news, S4 is starting to grow on me. Mostly 'cause the pets are adorable. Though I still prefer S3.

Happy Simming, all!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    edited December 2017
    tumblr_p1esmySS5w1wu9mp0o1_1280.png

The Year 2240, Day 6 - Hunter’s Journal

Man, life plummed me hard. The first few weeks in this place I was clearly living in some sort of stupid bubble and today it finally snapped. What a plum was I to think life would be easy here in this new place. We might be living on a new planet, but we’re still all the same stupid humans that we were back home. We’re probably a bunch of misfits as well, because who signs up for a mission like this if their old life wasn’t totally plummed up? I wouldn’t be shocked if I found out I was a worthless homeless alcoholic back on earth.

Why am I rambling like this? Well, Violet and I recently hit what you might want to call rock bottom. I’m not sure if we’ll be able to fix this situation. It’s really bad and I have no solution that will make things better. She didn’t come home last night for starters. I thought she had just gone to the Hidden Harbor Hideaway after work so I didn’t think much of it, until I woke up around 5 am and instead of her beautiful face it was my dog Lao who was sitting in her spot! I got worried sick about her, half expected her to be murdered by an alien creature or something. I sent her a few texts asking her where she was and then tried to focus on my alchemy to keep my mind off things. Of course I horribly failed any potion I tried to make… it made me really angry! When she finally did come home, I nearly exploded!

“Hunter, I’m home…” she said, her face ridden with guilt. I knew immediately she hadn’t been in trouble. She purposely stayed out all night it was written all over her face!

tumblr_p1esmySS5w1wu9mp0o7_1280.png

“What the plum, Violet?! Where have you been?! Don’t you know how shocked I was to find your side of the bed empty this morning?! Couldn’t you have messaged me so that I at least knew what you were doing?! What were you doing out all night??” I yelled at her.

tumblr_p1esmySS5w1wu9mp0o4_1280.png

“Please, calm down a little… don’t stress me out, I beg you… I was out all night because I have something important to tell you and I didn’t know how to tell you so I had to think about it for a while, I’m sorry I should’ve let you known that was really irresponsible of me… but will you please listen?” she asked me. I sensed some panic in her voice. Her eyes were big, as if she was scared to death. Was she scared of me? Really, what happened to us? When did we become like this?
    “I’m listening…” I said, feeling really uneasy about the situation.

tumblr_p1esmySS5w1wu9mp0o6_1280.png

She took a deep breath. Then she said it.
    “I’m pregnant…”
    Well, that really plummed. The last thing we needed right now was a child to take care of. Our relationship wasn’t doing well and we had NO money to take care of it. This was not how I imagined becoming a father at all. I wanted to have a nice home, a lovely wedding, an adventurous honeymoon, a decent amount of cash and at least three dogs before I would move onto having a child! But here Violet was standing with my baby in her belly already and there was nothing we could do to change it back.

tumblr_p1esmySS5w1wu9mp0o2_1280.png

“Aren’t you going to say anything? Are you happy?” Violet asked me. I could hear she was holding back tears.
    “Happy? How can I be happy about this? You’re kidding yourself, right? We’re not ready for a baby…”
    Tears started rolling down her cheeks now. It made my heart sink.
    “Well, it’s not like we can undo this plum, can we?! We’ll have to deal with it!! So how about you man up and start making some real plumming money so that you can be a decent father to this child!”

tumblr_p1esmySS5w1wu9mp0o5_1280.png

It was the first time I saw Violet angry. She always knew so well how to keep her temper, this was really shocking.
    “You’re upset. Let’s talk about this later,” I tried. I really didn’t want to deal with this right now. I just wanted to put it away in a drawer somewhere and take my dog for a walk or something. This crap was giving me a major headache.

tumblr_p1esmySS5w1wu9mp0o3_1280.png

“Avoiding the topic, no surprise there. Do whatever the plum you want, Hunter. I don’t care anymore. I’ll take care of things myself, as always. You go spend your entire day in your pajamas again. I have to go tell my boss about my situation.”
    Before I could stop her, she was already out the door again. Something told me she probably wouldn’t be back for a while…

---
    Because the new *** censor is really ugly I manually plumified all 'bad' words.
    Post edited by Namaya92 on
  • Options
    player2player2 Posts: 50 Member
    My Sims family moved into the flats above the mother's Art Outlet, which was super exciting. My last 2 toddlers have gained level 5 in all toddler skills, and all 4 children are grade A students. The husband got a promotion in the Athletic career. The mother quit her Painting career and now paints freelance for her Outlet.
    She also became a plant sim in the middle of the night when hungry and I fear for her life. :D
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Namaya92 That guy might be a ripped underwear model but he is an emotional roller coaster.She needs a real man not a guy with so many feels.My sim is currently single if by single you count him dating everybody.Just throwing it out there when Violet needs a stress reliever.

I don't mind if she stays out late
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I love looking at everyone's pictures. Everyone's sims look amazing. :)

Anyways, i have a question about CC. I wanted to keep my game free of it, but i'm thinking of downloading it. I don't know if anyone remembers this or has even heard of it, but there was this corrupted CC doll that attached itself to packages and corrupted peoples games (go to the sims wiki and look up "corrupt file on the exchange". The outbreak was like 6/7 years ago but i haven't found any recent info on it. I was wondering if i have any chance of getting it from downloading cc made recently? I'm pretty sure it was on TSR (which is my main site for cc so that's a little worrying, haha). I know, i'm weird for asking this, but i'm not really in the mood to deal with a spooky doll on the loose :D
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 Poor Crash is getting soaked. Kira is cute doing her magic. :)

@TadOlson Thanks, Great update.

@Nikkei_Simmer lol at Harou driving the jet through town. :) River is very patient with Parker. It looks cold in your town, but Harou sure knows how to warm things up. :wink:
    oh, cool the 'kaboom' show is back! :)

@king_of_simcity7 Good luck with the video.

@CravenLestat Goodness gracious, I'm exhausted after watching that dance!
    Cute tee!

@imdragonit No...we don't want those naughty bits touching! :lol: I enjoyed the update.

@krabby_pattiess Feel better soon!

@Namaya92 Sheesh...I want to knock their heads together.

@LyricSimsz15 I have not had any major issues like what happened with the doll thing. I don't put any cc in via sims packs anymore. If I can't break it down to a package, it doesn't go in my game. I want it easy to remove.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan Thanks for the comment :smile: The video is up now
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm back again! I didn't take many pictures, so I was stocking up.
    Stacy taught Nikolas to walk.
    Screenshot-182.jpg
    Winter has arrived!
    Screenshot-186.jpg
    She also taught him to talk.
    Screenshot-187.jpg
    Snowball fight!
    Screenshot-188.jpg
    Happy birthday!
    Screenshot-189.jpg
    Screenshot-190.jpg
    He aged up on Snowflake Day, so they had a gift giving party. He got 2 bikes and a lump of coal.
    Screenshot-191.jpg
    In the next part, I plan on spicing things up and turning Nikolas into a supernatural!
    a) Vampire
    b) Fairy
    c) Witch
    Vote in the comments! (I'm leaning towards witch.)
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Simtown15 I say vampire! :3

Later, I am thinking of going into the vacation and uni worlds and making over sims there. I don't go there often and I am interested in who they are. :)
  • Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @CravenLestat I thought I was gonna hear Ride a horse.... on your video...lol <3 it
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    Cororon wrote: »
    @Cororon , He was looking over my shoulder while I was perusing the thread and he asked if that guy groping the little girl was her father or creepy uncle...so the one with the dad holding the girl on his lap, I told him it was a pose he said it “looked bad”.

It's actually her great-grandfather, Spencer, and he's not creepy at all. Little Susanne is perfectly safe. :tongue: It's interesting how people see things differently and notice details I don't. Have you seen the site that has "awkward family pics"? :lol: Many are normal family pics, but there's *something* that makes them creepy or hilarious. One has a little boy, and behind him there's his father with a hammer in his hand. :lol:

People have weird perceptions of weird, sometimes. When I was little, I thought it was adorable that my dad would pretend I was an exercise weight and lift me over his head with both hands. Despite the fact that we were always fully clothed, other kids at school somehow thought it was creepy? He's just lifting me like a weight...how is that creepy to them? Idk... I always just replied: "I'm sorry guys, but that's my dad, if that's where your brain immediately goes, then you're the creep."
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited December 2017

My first gift-giving party that worked was at the home of the angriest, angst-filled family in New Sunset Valley, the Rackets! Fortunately a good time was had by all.

dLI2bIL.jpg

Ybd4MBm.jpg

PQDcDdx.jpg

RTwE1ji.jpg
    Post edited by MadIris on
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited December 2017
    The Mushroom Cloud Chronicles (the Reboot)

Prologue 2

Harmon Rabb Jr.: It was highly evident that things were "out of the ordinary" in Sunset Valley as we were picked up by a taxi and shown to the property...which was still under construction at the time...with about roughly two weeks to build. While workers were still working on the fence, Mac and I were able to see that there were a lot of things going on at one time; especially inside the structure. From the outside, it was just a plain small squarish building, with not much to see... but as one looked in deeper one could see that there was a significant structure hidden from view.
    Screenshot%2B%25282%2529.jpgScreenshot%2B%25281%2529.jpg There was a gate which buzzed you in...and the entrance was not visible from the gate, in fact, it was blocked off by the entire body of the structure. My hackles started to raise, this was definitely not an retirement home like Animal had told me that it was. What exactly was he and Meg up to? That's what Mac wanted to know too.
    Screenshot%2B%25285%2529.jpg "Welcome, Colonel Mackenzie, Captain Rabb... Lieutenant Commander Harriet Sims-Roberts chirped cheerily as she disappeared around the corner of the building where we managed to see her go in through a set of double doors.

I saw Animal standing by the oven, looking over at some waffles cooking. I asked him suspiciously, "What's going on? What's the big mystery?"

He just nodded and told me to wait. "We have a lot of things to do." And then I saw SECNAV Edward Sheffield, Gibbs and another guy who I didn't know. Plus there were a few civilians that I hadn't even known were in the what I now presumed to be a bunker. Things were starting to add up big time and my blood started to run cold.
    Screenshot%2B%25287%2529.jpg "Where's Bud and Harriet?" I asked, "What happened to his continuing therapy on his leg?" Animal looked up at me. "Evidently, Commander Roberts finished up his therapy on his prothesis leg. He seems to be functioning on all cylinders. Captain. In fact, if you want to see him, he's in the gardens doing some gardening with Harriet and trust me, Captain, if you knew what I knew about what's going down...I'm certain that we're going to need someone capable of gardening. In fact a lot of someones." That ominous comment didn't reassure me any.
    Screenshot%2B%25288%2529.jpgScreenshot%2B%25289%2529.jpg The bunker was cavernous. Three floors and a top partial floor below ground...and this place was designed to take a serious bombing. Somewhere in the neighborhood of at least 10MTs. I wasn't liking what the preparations foretold.
    Screenshot%2B%252817%2529.jpgScreenshot%2B%252818%2529.jpgScreenshot%2B%252819%2529.jpg The people who would be caught outside were no better than doomed. If what the preparations were foretelling were accurate. In fact, just the fact that SECNAV was told to be here was sending eery chills down my spine.
    Screenshot%2B%252821%2529.jpg ...and not even a day later, the headcount added yet another member of the Sunset Valley civilian population to the crowd.
    Screenshot%2B%252824%2529.jpg Screenshot%2B%252823%2529.jpg It didn't seem as though SECNAV Sheffield was worrying too much. In fact, he was busy trying to do trickshots on the pool table and of course getting a rather painful result: being beaned in the head by a cue ball. I don't know how anyone can think of playing games at a time like this...
    Screenshot%2B%252828%2529.jpg Everyone bedded down...with the understanding that it was going to take a lot of preparation before this bunker would be ready to be really and truly inhabitable. As Animal said this, he looked over at me as if to ask me silently if I was up to the task. Well, if it meant dying in a nuclear conflagration versus surviving, I'll pick the latter every time. "Count me in, sir." I piped up.

"We're going to have a meeting towards the end of the week. We'll be getting monitors installed on Tuesday, so that we can be kept ahead of the situation." As the ranking admiral in the building, Vice-Admiral Nakamura was the head military boss, 2nd in military command was RADM Chegwidden. And we were duty-bound to protect the Secretary of the Navy who was in line of succession to become President should the unthinkable happen and we lost our head of state.

I had realized that Animal had called every single one of the people he cared about to the bunker. And then on top of that he'd called in certain civilians as well...who would help rebuild the world...if it did happen. Surely humanity wasn't that stupid enough that they would start a nuclear war?

Or were they?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,926 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer you video and the uniforms you made are very impressive. I hope you get lots more use out of the uniforms.
  • Options
    @Emily4331 :( Good luck,like seriously the only thing worse than Oasis Landing..Hottie Capital of Sims 3,is Uni Campus soooooo many homeless premades that are really pretty let alone the dorms.You don't have to tweak them at all.At most change a outfit or hairstyle.I am almost positive there are 30 premade Female homeless so you got your work cut out for you.I can easily post a billion pics and name my faves but everybody has different taste.

Need to find you Charlottesmom's girlfriend pic :D back when I picked on her for crushing on a uni student made a pic.Gotta find it.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Here you go everybody

I uploaded my chocolate brown one cause it goes with more,like different denims and stuff.Is a base game top so in Create A Style choose the base game tshirt scroll over will be a preset design for it and just choose that.You can change the collar and sleeve color to whatever you want default is white

wBoZeoy.png

Download link

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9172943

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Animal and AJ aren't happy... Most definitely NOT happy.

Screenshot-19.jpg
    VADM Toshio "Animal" Nakamura: "AJ, what the **** did they drop in my nicely maintained building?"
    RADM AJ Chegwidden: "I don't know, sir... All I know is that SECNAV made a suggestion...that we needed more manpower in case the balloon goes up... We can't save the whole city...but we can save what will become the core of a new society."
    VADM Toshio "Animal" Nakamura: "I can't see it through all the grimy sleazeballs, I'm seeing floating in front of my eyes."
    RADM AJ Chegwidden: "Yes, sir..."

If I were Jared or Stiles, I'd be shutting my mouth right about...NOW...

Screenshot-27.jpg
    VADM Tosh "Animal" Nakamura: "YOU GOT SOMETHIN' SMART TO SAY...BOY!!! THERE'D BETTER ONLY BE TWO WORDS COMIN' OUTTA YOUR SLIMY PIEHOLE... ONE OF THEM IS YES...the other is SIR!!! GOT IT!!!?"

Screenshot-28.jpg
    VADM Nakamura - "You'd better put that hand right by your side...Mr... McGraw before I BREAK IT OFF!!!"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @Nikkei_Simmer :D Jared Frio has authority issues,actually he has issues with everything.Guy gonna be put in the brig his first day,are you mad trying to turn him into Navy Material.

I wouldn't let Jared be a cook on a aircraft carrier let alone an officer...

Post edited by CravenLestat on

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    VADM Nakamura: "You look like you gotta little problem with authority, son. You wanna play that game with me? Son?"

Screenshot-32.jpg

RADM AJ Chegwidden: Listen, dirtbag, You see that little blue ribbon with five stars? 60 North Koreans had a bit of a tiff with this man here... He walked away...

Screenshot-34.jpg

RADM AJ Chegwidden: THEY DIDN'T...
    VADM Toshio Nakamura giving Jared Frio the Crazy Man look - (thinking) hmmm...shall I pluck his brains out through his nostrils with chopsticks?

Screenshot-35.jpg
    RADM AJ Chegwidden: Listen Mr. Frio, you're a really funny guy. Maybe they should call you Jared, Man of a Thousand Faces. If you want what's left of a face...after the vice-admiral gets done with you, you'd better get your toe on that little line there and get your rear in formation. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!!!

Screenshot-37.jpg
    VADM Nakamura: Frio. Don't know if you got the memo, but the King is dead. Lose those mutton-chops, Or I'll run your tail-end around the property perimeter at double-time...until high-noon...

Screenshot-42.jpg
    Jared Mental Methodical Thought Processes (takes a little while) - "60 North Koreans vs. 1 Naval Aviator on the ground. He walked away...They didn't...that's euphemism for dead... 60 dead North Koreans...vs 1 very alive Naval Aviator...who is right in front of me right now... Computation Calculated... result...This man is deadly. And he doesn't like me..."

Screenshot-44.jpg
    "Oh..sheepturds... I'm sooo dead..."
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited December 2017
    And of course, I'm light years behind. I sincerely hope that each and every one of you had a lovely holiday period! I suffered from a bout of food poisoning while traveling home from my MILs. Eeeek! I'm feeling a little bit better now, so I thought I'd share my latest videos with ya'll! I'll also be going home to the States soon because of a family situation, but I'll have my laptop with me, so hopefully, I won't get behind again.

How was everyone's holiday period? What did you guys get? Hopefully some Sim goodies?

The THIRD and final part of The Lodge
    Click on the picture to watch on YouTube
    38750898051_9b0c14c009_z.jpg

Nora Munroe: A School Secretary
    27450534989_fb2a167d03_z.jpg

Simon Says Challenge: Part Two
    24129602767_e83040121f_z.jpg

Christmas Home Collab with the lovely ZenSimmer
    38350977585_dfcdbe7151_z.jpg

Santa Baby
    25496529308_00ce899dea_z.jpg

Random Genetics Challenge: The Sims 3 Style
    25496529448_bb355653e7_z.jpg

Enjoy m'dears!

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well I got paid today which is a good start :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Namaya92 Interesting update, Hunter does not seem to be the one for violet hope she finds
    one that she can connect with. Great update.

@aricarai Hello im not so good at watching videos but I love
    the screenshots you used here.

@jordand Than kyou. this is the first time for me to play with supernaturals
    in a single house. I have played sims for years but never really focused on them that much,
    so its more interesting with a save with supernaturals. I have decided to not really focus
    on romance on this one I do it way too much so its a refreshing save jsut keeping them as friends
    forthe tiem beeing.

@bekkasan Thank you lovely update before.
  • Options
    UF9fi1w.png

XXfAcWD.png

@Coco I tried making a sim for you based on your taste,this is what I came up with.If you like her let me know.

6KQuGn9.png

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @MadIris Great pics of the gift giving party!

@Nikkei_Simmer Enjoyed the update. I like that civilians will be a part of it also. :) oh goodness, the start of troubles already. Guess the gene pool does need to be diverse! lol Great pic of Jared. I do hope he loses those sideburns....gross!

@aricarai Sorry you got sick and hope you are feeling better. I hope things improve with the family situation. I did catch a few of the vid's, the lodge completion, the Christmas colab and the simon says. I nearly choked when you were talking about how much cc you had downloaded. I was amazed your puter even started!! :smiley: Will try to catch the others this weekend. :)

@king_of_simcity7 Glad to hear they finally paid you! You were very patient!

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top