Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @CravenLestat Good work with the patterns! :smiley:

@Namaya92 Nice that you can still share some of your stories :smile:

@Silverofdreams30 Nice Supernatural pictures :smile:

@Charlottesmom If you are thinking of a name one that came to mind was Pierre. I don't know why but it seems to suit him with his beard!

Also nice pictures with the dog :smile:

Anyway not much to report from me today. I just enjoyed a day off and going back to work tomorrow. Hopefully things will be a bit easier now and not so many 7AM starts. Going back to the other job later this week as well (still no money from them) and I have moved out for a month now. My new room is going fine however and in the new year I want to get some pictures on the wall. I will look through some of the best moments of 2017 from me :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @emorrill Feel better! I gained weight back since November. I hit the gym hard, but it seems I'm not the only one doing so. For two days in a row my gym has been packed. I'm blaming all the college kids who are home for a few weeks. LOL

@Charlottesmom I'm so happy to read Emma is adjusting. You are an amazing pet parent.

@CravenLestat LOVE the apron. It looks soooo familiar. LOL

I have writer's block. *sigh* I think I'm going to go in game and see if it will inspire me.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    @Namaya92 I'm sorry you lost your files. You just motivated me to get my new 8 TB external hard drive out of it's box and start backing up my files I've made over the past couple of months. I do have most of them backed up on another drive but I may as well use the new drive too. I'll then back up my entire 1+TB of data I've got on another drive. Do a complete image of it.

I started doing the narration for Chapter 56 of The Isala Paradiso Bunch yesterday, but kept getting distracted. I'll have another go at it today.

Happy Simming all
  • Options
    A few honeymoon pictures: :smile:

26063330_10155179208031497_1205496432280543583_o.jpg?oh=93c6c23c9a2b3f215260eba19b8dddb2&oe=5AB6D2B5

26172069_10155179208016497_1348233832289507334_o.jpg?oh=58bd6450a1140dad2b8f8c5c3c4e29fc&oe=5AF9AFB5

26060369_10155179208036497_5924778796653465242_o.jpg?oh=f3a133d0c7d908694889b5c657f9cd8d&oe=5AB06F5B

25790895_10155179208516497_3866904480606126288_o.jpg?oh=4cb1072f5dea3317eda96a3fbb020e88&oe=5ACB9133

25790967_10155179208511497_6848951322580496631_o.jpg?oh=3c3bfdb521479be78c032adce373dca9&oe=5AB8293D

26171731_10155179208541497_310763346795731530_o.jpg?oh=8053305438813ce8cf989e31b9b25a84&oe=5AB13ABA

26023918_10155179208716497_4527462521540133677_o.jpg?oh=d2f89f8a6a3658bbc2cff199cc3fe254&oe=5ABA741D

I just wanted to try the 'blow a kiss' interaction on Jennifer! :kissing_heart:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited December 2017
    Well it looks like my germ infested family finally caught up with me, I woke up with a horrible sore throat, I sound like an 85 year old Demi Moore, if she had been a 5 pack a day smoker for the last 60 years!! Very tired too, Emma had to go out to potty at 11:30 AND 2:00 AM and I swear I heard a coyote or fox or something making creepy noises 4 houses over from us...Emma was of course taking her sweet old time!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!! Are you all working on your New Year's resolution list??

Just going back a few pages, likes/awesomes passed out...

@king_of_simcity7 , Pretty wedding for Jennifer and Bradley, love the dress!
    **Wonderfully wintery pictures, so beautiful!
    **Hmmm, Pierre...very worldly name indeed. :wink:

@Nikkei_Simmer , Such gorgeous winter shots!
    **Welcome to your Wife!!
    **Remember to have your head examined** (consider yourself reminded. :mrgreen: )
    **The bald eagle is just preening, cleaning the feathers, nothing x rated going on... :wink:
    **Dayang, nice camera!!

@Karritz , Well now I do need to get going on watching the McFluffs!
    **Just read your PM, it was nice to hear the opinion of a professional in the field. Her heart did stop and she was not breathing for 3-5 minutes. so from what your son said I should pretty much not hope for much in the way of vision improvement, most likely her hearing is going to stay at the degree of loss too. Sad to hear that but she seems to be adjusting fairly well. Her sense of smell is astounding now! I was holding her last night while putting her leash on to take her outside and we were about a foot away from my husband's jacket, he tail was wagging a mile a minute! She can smell cheese from a mile away! Maybe I'll get her a small Kong toy and stuff it with cheese or peanut butter. We have to deal with what we are given and make the most of it, I will give her a wonderful life regardless of her vision and hearing losses.

@Namaya92 , Very cute babysitter! No way would she be allowed in my house, I want old gray, knitters. ;)
    **Hunter is gorgeous!! it's gotta be the glasses..I have a major glasses fetish.
    **8 kids!!
    **Cute house, loks very homey even without furniture..

@bekkasan , Very sweet family picture, love the set up, the sweaters, the snow, the whole thing! I have to catch up on feedback for you...
    **I like Jared...LOVE Jensen though, I knew Mikezumi gave him to you she mentioned it awhile back, looks like he is fitting in nicely!
    **Alexandra and Jared seem to be getting along nicely! :heart:
    **I keep wondering if they make mousse for dogs! She shakes barrettes out pretty quick, Elastics are a bit more challenging for her to get out of her hair.
    **I like D*ck!! :D ( :blush: ) I could name him Richard to not get plummed everytime I typed Di*k

@venusdemilosims , Cute Christmas picture! I hope you have a wonderful new year!!

@lisasc360 , Lovely winter house! A very late Merry Christmas to you, and a very happy new year!

@mycami21 , A late Merry Christmas to you sweetie!! Cute picture. :smiley:

@Mikezumi , Hope you have a wonderful morning, will work on feedback for you a bit later, I owe you tons!! ;)
    **Yeah, I have to be patient with Miss Emma, she is making wonderful strides regardless of her vision/hearing issues.

@polrbear , A Merry Late Christmas to you! <3

@Emily4331 , Cute bunny makeover!
    **Much improved gnome!

@Simtown15 , I like a few things about Sims 4 but haven't played it for so long I can't remember them! The absence of burglars was a plus...

@MamaSimTee , I'm actually shocked Matthew didn't watch the Dr. Who special because he sat for about 5 hours of the marathon!

@Silverofdreams30 , Watching TV or smooching...smooching is much more fun! Uh oh, sick in the potty... ;)
    **I've never seen a cop on a horse either, that is pretty dang cool!
    **Clint and Marigold seemed to be having fun.

@TadOlson , Nice update.. :smile:

@emorrill , I look forward to seeing your gift! Cool!!! I love collecting stuff that is from much loved shows, it's wonderful he went out of his way for his Em! Your J is a keeper! <3
    **I got L and Light Pop figures plus the whole series of manga books from Death Note. Now I really need new shelving...
    **Dang that reminds me, I still have to send that stuff I found for you out..
    **Teaser!! Get going on that new chapter woman! :kissing_heart:
    **I remember the foot licking conversation we had about out doggies, bleeech! Dogs are silly.
    **Yeah, Vincent was one of namaya's Sims I adored, he was adorable! You know I love the guy/guy pairings.. ;)

@CravenLestat , Just watched "It" the other day...your gnome is scarier! :flushed:

@Cororon , Cute Christmas pics...my son did think one was a bit creepy though.. :o (it was the pose not the Sims themselves).

@msbeckycat , The Waltons...I'll have to check that out!

@imdragonit , Cool builds!
    **I don't think I have an Adam so that is a great suggestion!

@OriginalMara , Shara...calm down girl! Hope the premature kissing doesn't ruin her chances.

:smiley:
    Post edited by Charlottesmom on
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom Thanks for the comments :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Alright handing out awesomes to everyone on the following pages and replying to your replies:

page 2197

@bekkasan We'll have to see whether Dimitri's advice for Violet will turn out ok! ;).

@Cravenlestat haha I probably wouldn't have the patience to create so many sims for sims 5! But thank you for the lovely compliment, I shall put more glasses on my sims in the future ;).

page 2198

@Catlo thank you! Yes I use a lot of custom content actually. Mostly hair, 3D eyelashes and make-up. I also have a skin and eye default replacement and I use a HQ mod, lighting mod and ENB to increase the graphical quality. It took me quite a while to get my game to look exactly the way I want it to look, but I'm very happy about it now! :).

@Bekkasan 3 people picked Dimitri so you weren't the only one! To be honest I wanted to pick Dimitri for Violet in the beginning, but I don't want everyone to be each others family after one generation and since Dimitri was already having a baby with Scarlet I decided to let him go.

@emorrill Violet definitely did get Hunter! He's quite handsome if I may say so myself hehe.

page 2199

@Bekkassan Scarlet is not a very likeable character so I don't blame you! Even in my couple picture she looks at Dimitri as if he is her possession haha.

@TadOlson thank you!

page 2200

@emorrill Hehe I'm glad you like my story and I'm hoping you will also enjoy the next 4 chapters I'm gonna post after this because things are starting to become less sunshine and rainbows from now on. My readers on Tumblr inspired me to turn the story into a more serious slice of life thing and I had a lot of fun writing the next bunch of chapters! Merry late Christmas to you too!

@Bekkasan Thanks for your comments! And yes having teens able to gamble would make for an interesting story. Can't you do it with Nraas retuner?

page 2201

@Bekkasan late merry christmas to you!

@silverofdreams30 randomly generated NPCs can sometimes really surprise me with their beauty and they are a great source to use as base sim when I want to make my own sim :).

Lovely christmas cards everyone!!

page 2202

@CravenLestat I'll never pass on a gorgeous NPC sim! :D. I'm gonna check out Gnomey Naomi!

page 2203

@Funkeeferret lol Cravenlestat has a good eye for hidden pretty sims!

@Emily4331 You're Gnomey is GORGEOUS! You are really good at making over these sims haha.

page 2204

@xKay_luvx Welcome to the thread! :) I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures with your story, seems like you've got a pretty interesting save going on.

@Charlottesmom yeah I'm pretty broken up about it :(. I'm gonna start a new save with Madelyn and going to use Nraas traveler, put Annabelle and Vincent in bridgeport together and have Madelyn visit them once in a while during her new legacy, but it just won't be the same you know :(. I'm not that broken up about losing the robinson challenge it was becoming a lot of work to update that one and I wasn't interested in it anymore that much. It mostly sucks for my readers on tumblr who now will never find out who would win it. Descendants of the Sun I could go back to. I haven't played it in a while. My backup from october 31 shouldn't be too much of a step backwards, but I'd still let go of the story because it just wouldn't make sense anymore. Births would be undone etc... and knowing me I get bored of a save pretty quickly if I don't write a story with it T-T.

@Bekkasan I can definitely recommend it, but for me even if I made a back up on a weekly basis it'd still mean I'd have to go back hours in time for my saves and the stories I write with them wouldn't make sense anymore. So whether my back up was from october 31 or november 30 wouldn't have mattered much, I'd still have quit my stories I think :(.

@Silverofdreams30 it's the worst because it means I did not just lose my games but my stories as well, double the drama!

@King_of_simcity7 it's definitely frustrating :(. I feel so powerless because of it as well meh.

page 2205

@emorrill yes I lost it all :(. Or well, I do have my stories up until the most recent chapters I got it on my tumblr but I can't continue them anymore so they will forever be unfinished :(. I've thought of a new save for madelyn (I had her as a teen still on an old backup), but it just won't be the same without her family. It wil take me a while to get attached to this new save T-T. Thank you for your sweet words though! They mean a lot.

@Polrbear yeah I was very attached to my Avesnes Aristocracy especially. It really got me back into writing on a daily basis again and all of Justine's children were amazingly fun to write about T-T. Like I told Bekkasan in a reply earlier, my story and where I am in the game is pretty in sync so for example I play an hour and I write a chapter with it. So to not lose my story i'd have to back up every time after I've played and that would just be too much work. I back up once in a while but not enough for my stories to still make sense if I'd go back to those saves unfortunately.
    In the end I'll be able to write new stories and get attached to them, it happened to my colony which I still have because I play it on my laptop. I just don't have much inspiration for another new save at the moment so I have to see what I'm gonna do about that...

@Nikkei_Simmer well I didn't cry because I was already kind of preparing myself for the worst for a week already, but I just feel this emptiness in the spot where my writing inspiration usually sits right now ._. losing stories really sucks the inspiration out of you like that.

@Silverofdreams30 yeah I'm happy I got my colony still, I love that story and if I lost that one as well I might have quit sims altogether lol.

@Bekkasan Hehe you may have picked up on something! The next few chapters I'm going to post will involve quite a turn of events.

@king_of_simcity7 Thank you!

@Karritz I'm glad me losing my files is at least reminding everyone to make a backup haha.

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    @Charlottesmom Why does the name Skyler pop out to me while looking at your new hottie? :confused:

Is that the name of someone else's Sim in their game on here?

Alan and Alec might be good names too. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom be careful with the peanut butter too. There is an artificial sweetener they put in the sugar free peanut butter - not sure of it's name but think it starts with x - and it is lethal to dogs.

I'm glad to see Emma is adjusting well. I suspect her other senses will develop more to allow her to cope.

I know my cat uses his whiskers a lot to investigate if he thinks something is in front of him. Apparently their whiskers have nerves that go to the optic area of the brain.

I think smell is more important to dogs than sight is but sight is still very important.

I can't do any simming at the moment as I'm backing up my sim files - lots of videos particularly to back up. Those that are done and also still to be done.
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom thanks for your comments! The house looks a lot better once it's furnished but that's something you'll find out in future chapters :).
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Hey everyone!
    I got Sims 3 for Christmas and i've already started 2 saves. I'm gonna try to do a legacy challenge. The game is loading kinda slow though :disappointed:
    I'm shocked it's running pretty good on my low end laptop.
    So i've already renovated the founder's apartment. I'm gonna have them have a baby real soon.
    Also, @emorrill are those MLP sims in your profile pic? :blush:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @Charlottesmom Thank you, wonderful update. Mr cutie is indeed
    very cute. Will be interesting to see what hes up too.

@bekkasan nope not much emotions from him haha, thank you.

@king_of_simcity7 Lovely honeymoon photos
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom I think Emma could have stopped breathing for longer than she did and still not suffered any damage - but when the heart stops they only have about 2 minutes to prevent damage. I'm glad I was able to get some useful info for you.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Quicky:
    @Cororon , Cute Christmas pics...my son did think one was a bit creepy though.. :o (it was the pose not the Sims themselves).

Which one? :open_mouth:

cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    tumblr_p1c0xcBU8f1wu9mp0o1_1280.png

The Year 2240, Day 3 - Hunter’s Journal

Alright so, I feel kind of bad. Violet has been working her butt off to turn this empty home of us into something real and I’ve been slacking. I give Violet all the love she deserves to make up for all the hard work she does, but I’m starting to feel it’s not enough. I can notice she gets annoyed by me sometimes, especially when she’s all stressed out over her job while I’m just playing tug of war with Lao. I’m impressed by her patience. She really knows how to stay friendly even when she’s clearly bothered by my laziness. Well, I decided to get off my butt and do something.

tumblr_p1c0xcBU8f1wu9mp0o4_1280.png

The alchemy table she bought me was pretty impressive. When we came here to Salmon Woods, our ship was packed with knowledge from our old world. They may have erased our memories, but they didn’t make us complete aliens. The huge alchemy book on this table was definitely a few centuries old. Sure, I’d have to make my own adjustments so that it’d fit the ingredients I can find on this planet, but luckily Salmon Woods is very similar to Earth before things started to go wrong there. Many of the plants that grew back home in the old days can be planted here as well, so this centuries old knowledge isn’t completely lost to history yet!

tumblr_p1c0xcBU8f1wu9mp0o5_1280.png

I started researching some basic potions and I did discover a few ways to make Vial of Bliss and a Cure Elixir, but before I could start making them, Lao came into the room to ask for my attention. I’m sorry I know I spend too much time on my dog, but I just can’t resist his sweet face. He really loves those belly rubs! And so I decided to take a long break to give Lao all the love he deserves. He’s such a good dog. Sure, a little destructive, but he loves everyone and wouldn’t hurt a fly (just furniture).

tumblr_p1c0xcBU8f1wu9mp0o7_1280.png

I was tempted to go out for a jog with him, but then I realized I was actually working on alchemy for a change and managed to get back to it. I made my first elixir today! Unfortunately this Cure Potion won’t help us cure our money problems, since it was only worth 26 simoleons, but we all have to start somewhere.

tumblr_p1c0xcBU8f1wu9mp0o3_1280.png

When Violet came home late in the night I proudly told her of my accomplishments. She was really happy to hear I finally started making some effort to bring money to the table.
    “That’s great, Hunter! Hopefully you’ll skill up fast, so that you can keep doing this for a living. I’m happy you finally found some motivation to get started on your job…” she smiled awkwardly as she said that, as if she didn’t want to mention the fact that I took way too long to make myself useful. I also sensed she wasn’t impressed by the fact I only made 26 simoleons in an entire day, but her trust in me progressing eventually was heartwarming.
    “Come here my love, I’m sure you’ve had a stressful day at work. Let us both sweat off all the troubles we went through today.”

tumblr_p1c0xcBU8f1wu9mp0o6_1280.png

She happily joined me in our bed and as we indulged in our physical desires, we both forgot about money or the fact that our bedroom was still completely empty and definitely needed a new wallpaper…

tumblr_p1c0xcBU8f1wu9mp0o2_1280.png

The Year 2240, Day 4 - Hunter’s Journal

Violet was pretty exhausted last night from her work at the diner and from the fun we had afterwards, so I woke up way before her. Normally she’d make me breakfast, but since she was sleeping so soundly I decided to let her be and to return the favor for once! I mean, how hard could it be? Waffles were easy to make, right? You just make the dough, put them in the oven and then they’re done. Even if they wouldn’t taste as good as when Violet makes them, I should still be able to create a tasty breakfast for her!

tumblr_p1c14bAtDX1wu9mp0o4_1280.png

I think I did a pretty good job on the dough. I tasted it a few times and it was pretty delicious if I may say so myself. Of course I peaked at Violet’s recipe for them and yeah maybe I dropped a few pieces of eggshell in there, but no one was going to notice that. Happy with my result, I put them in the oven. There was a little smudge on the recipe where it said how hot the oven had to be, but I decided to just put it at the highest setting so that it’d be done quick. I would just keep watch every five minutes or so, that should be more than fine!

tumblr_p1c14bAtDX1wu9mp0o7_1280.png
    tumblr_p1c14bAtDX1wu9mp0o5_1280.png

But of course, it wasn’t. It really had only been five minutes but when I checked on my waffles, they were black as charcoal! Who could’ve known this stupid oven of ours was so powerful?! For gods sake, I truly am a failure at accomplishing stuff on my own. As I stared at my burned waffles, I found new respect for Violets job as a chef. Cooking was hard and stressful and I didn’t even bother with cleaning up the messy oven yet…

tumblr_p1c14bAtDX1wu9mp0o2_1280.png
    tumblr_p1c14bAtDX1wu9mp0o6_1280.png

“Is everything alright? It smells like something’s burning…?”
    Violet came into the kitchen, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and sniffing up the smell of my failed breakfast. “I’m so sorry, I tried to make you breakfast but it turned out horrible… you don’t have to eat it. I’ll go to the supermarket and grab us some fruit or something…” I muttered, presenting her my burned dish.
    “What? You made me breakfast? That’s so sweet!! Don’t throw it away! I want to eat it!” she grabbed the dish from my hands before I could make my way to the trashcan and put it on the table. I sat down next to her and stared at my dish with a deep frown on my face.
    “Please don’t eat it I think you might get sick…” I tried again, but Violet was her super excited self and wouldn’t hear any of it. I was happy she appreciated my effort so much, but I was afraid of the consequences of eating charcoal waffles…
    “S-so what does it taste like?” I asked as she ate the entire plate in silence. I was astonished by her ability not to make any faces of disgust.
    “It’s… crunchy! Thank you for making me breakfast, it’s a nice gesture.”
    She finished the entire thing without flinching and smiled at me with traces of burnt waffle in between her teeth. I started laughing and she laughed with me. Some of the tension we had felt about our money problems the past few days finally seemed to be gone.

tumblr_p1c14bAtDX1wu9mp0o3_1280.png

The Year 2240, Day 5 - Violet’s Journal

I’ve been feeling a bit uneasy today. Maybe it was because of Hunter’s terrible waffles, but my stomach was just upset all morning. I couldn’t even enjoy the smell of fresh dough when I was preparing food for an order I had gotten from work… somehow it all just smelled disgustingly sweet to me. It made me crave something truly salty so I decided to head out to the groceries store to buy a bag of chips.

tumblr_p1dxbeB1xH1wu9mp0o8_1280.png

When I got there, I bumped into Davey of all people! We hadn’t spoken much ever since I chose Hunter over him. I knew he moved on without me. Dimitri told me he was in a relationship with Yasmine Aozora no less. Yasmine was quite a woman. I respected her deeply, but I wondered if she’d be good for Davey. I hope she was giving him all the love he deserved, and that she wouldn’t crush him with her intimidating personality.

tumblr_p1dxbeB1xH1wu9mp0o2_1280.png

“Hey Davey! Nice to see you here…” I said, feeling quite awkward and the nausea wasn’t making things any better.
    “Oh hey, Violet. I was just buying some ingredients for the diner. What are you doing here?” he asked me. The enthusiasm I could always see in his eyes before the whole rejection thing had disappeared completely. His glance at me was kind of cold, and it stabbed me in the heart. I suddenly felt really emotional and craved for his friendship.
    “I just came to get a bag of chips…”
    “You want to eat chips at 10am in the morning?” he asked me with a raised eyebrow. Normally I’d tell people to mind their own business about eating habits of others, but I knew Davey asked me this because we both loved proper food.

tumblr_p1dxbeB1xH1wu9mp0o3_1280.png

“Yeah… I’ve had this weird craving for it, couldn’t stomach my own pancakes this morning.”
    “Well, you must be sick then because I remember tasting those pancakes and they were the best ones I ever had…” he mumbled back, staring at his feet. My thoughts went back to that exact morning, ugh… now I felt like throwing up!

tumblr_p1dxbeB1xH1wu9mp0o4_1280.png

“If you excuse me, Violet, our boss is waiting for me at the diner. I’ll see you later at work. Take care of yourself, okay? Go see a doctor if necessary.”
    I nodded and watched him walk away. I felt cold to the bone and my stomach was having a terrible party. for some reason my throat was feeling tight as well as I watched Davey’s back. I really did miss his joyful side…

tumblr_p1dxbeB1xH1wu9mp0o5_1280.png

Pretty soon after he left I couldn’t hold myself back anymore and threw up Hunter’s breakfast all over the pavement. I felt better and worse at the same time afterwards. Hopefully at least the nausea would be gone now that the charcoal waffles were out of my system…

tumblr_p1dxbeB1xH1wu9mp0o7_1280.png

The Year 2240, Day 5 - Davey’s Journal

Violet came to visit me today. I wasn’t happy to see her at all. Not because I hate her, on the contrary. I think she’s still the most wonderful woman on this planet. But I really didn’t want to be confronted again with that fact. Things had been going well for me recently. I found myself a girlfriend who respects me and is quite a respectable woman herself. To be honest I have no clue why she picked me, but we’ve been doing well. She’ll never be Violet though and being faced with her again made me realize that. I tried to keep my distance the other day when I met her at the groceries store, but I couldn’t really keep her away when she was standing right inside my house! I knew something was up though, because she looked really gloomy. That joyfulness she was always radiating, it was nowhere to be found. It worried me and so I invited her to stay for dinner.

tumblr_p1e01rX8RT1wu9mp0o6_1280.png

“As you can see, Eleanor had kittens so it’s quite a crowd in this tiny home now,” I told her, hoping the sight of kittens would cheer her up a little bit. She did smile at them, though there was a sadness still hidden in her eyes that wouldn’t go away.
    “That’s amazing, they are so cute! Are you going to keep them?” she asked me as she gently stroked them while they were sleeping. “Yeah, I’ve grown attached to them…” I sighed at the thought of it. I had bought the cat to win points with Violet and now here I was with three cats and no Violet, the irony! They were great, though. I can’t imagine my house without them anymore.

tumblr_p1e01rX8RT1wu9mp0o7_1280.png

As I started on dinner, Violet started talking about the reason she came to visit me.
    “I’ve been feeling bad lately, like a thundercloud is stuck above my head,” she said softly. “I don’t know what it is. I’m happy, I think… it’s just that life has suddenly gotten really hard and I miss the old days where it was just us all getting to know each other without any worries, you know? Hanging out in the Hidden Harbor Hideaway or going to Dimitri’s silly parties… I truly miss it. I haven’t had any time to do anything fun because I have to work fulltime to be able to pay our bills and to furnish our home, while Hunter has been doing whatever the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 he wants and hasn’t brought any significant amount of cash to the table yet.” She took a deep breath after her small rant and waited a few seconds before she continued. “…and then this morning I found out I’m pregnant…”
    I nearly dropped the plates I was carrying as she said that.
    “I’m supposed to be happy about this, right? I’ve wanted kids ever since I set foot on this planet. But really all I can see is the completely empty nursery and the lack of money to furnish it. How am I ever going to take care of this kid? And will Hunter even do anything? He’s just doing nothing all day long who knows if he’d be any good at being a dad…”

tumblr_p1e01rX8RT1wu9mp0o3_1280.png

It really hurt me to hear her talk like this. This wasn’t the Violet I knew. Something happened to her and I’m pretty sure I can blame that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 of a Hunter for it. He’s not taking good care of her, that’s pretty clear to me! How can he allow his girlfriend to slip into such a stressful and depressing situation? And to make her pregnant while they don’t have any money, how irresponsible! I wanted to get mad, to tell Violet she had to leave that son of a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and that I’d beat him up the next time I saw him, but who was I kidding? Hunter was athletic. He’d beat me to mush in a second. And besides that, words weren’t my strong suit either. I could never stand up against someone like him… I couldn’t protect Violet. It was exactly why I didn’t deserve her.
    “Does Hunter know you’re pregnant? Shouldn’t you talk about it with him before you draw any conclusions?” I ended up asking. Pfff, I was such an idiot. Here I was putting in a good word for the guy I despised. I really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hate myself sometimes.

tumblr_p1e01rX8RT1wu9mp0o5_1280.png

“Whenever I want to talk to Hunter about something serious he usually just shuts me up with lots of kisses and other stuff. It’s fun, but I think he rather avoids talking about problems than dealing with them. Don’t get me wrong he can be really sweet! He made me breakfast the other morning even though he really sucks at cooking… but a burnt breakfast isn’t going to build us a crib!”

tumblr_p1e01rX8RT1wu9mp0o4_1280.png

I stared at my food for a while before I said anything. “So why did you come here?” I asked her. “Why did you come to me?”
    Violet let out a defeated sigh. “I don’t know… well, I do know. I just miss you. I really do. I loved the time we spent together and I hate seeing you at work but not being able to chat with you. I can’t talk to Hunter the way I can talk to you about stuff like this. I need you, Davey… You’re my best friend.”
    Emphasis on friend. Ugh, Violet… why are you doing this to me?!

tumblr_p1e01rX8RT1wu9mp0o2_1280.png
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @CravenLestat rec'd all
    ****You actually had to set out to make a Julianne Hough Sim? All you had to do was get a girl IF and give it blond hair.
    ****I'm starting to think you have an unhealthy fetish for ugified Sims.

@emorrill Tighty-whities? Really? Dude can't afford boxers? (j/k. <3 ya.)

@ilikethesims30 You could always round-robin. That's what I used to do.

@Charlottesmom So happy the sweet little muffin is adjusting well. Here's to hoping she gets some of her old self back. *hugs*
    ****Definitely looks like a Jack to me.

@Namaya92 I think I would have spiraled into despair.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

First off, a belated Happy Holidays to everyone. Hope everyone had a fun time. I got this little guy from a coworker:

24475653047_0ef8838a4f_z.jpg

(Yes, he's out of his box. No, I don't care. Yes, I call him 'he'.)

No matter what other people say, I think porgs are one of the best things to come out of the Star Wars franchise. That is all.

In game news, baby Iris was born a genie. Erik is a YA. As soon as Felicity is YA, I'll move the two of them out. I had to pull SP because I think (I hope) it was causing my game to overclock. If it wasn't that, I'll be sad.

Happy Simming, all!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    @CravenLestat So I decided to have a go at Gnomey Naomi!

Sims_3_Screenshot_2017.12.27_-_23.15.10.79.png

I gave her glasses of course ;).

Sims_3_Screenshot_2017.12.27_-_23.28.17.09.png
    Sims_3_Screenshot_2017.12.27_-_23.28.36.67.png

And since Bunny was still there I took some duo shots of them <3

Sims_3_Screenshot_2017.12.27_-_23.31.46.01.png
    Sims_3_Screenshot_2017.12.27_-_23.31.34.06.png
    Sims_3_Screenshot_2017.12.27_-_23.33.26.13.png
    Sims_3_Screenshot_2017.12.27_-_23.35.22.56.png
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @Cororon , He was looking over my shoulder while I was perusing the thread and he asked if that guy groping the little girl was her father or creepy uncle...so the one with the dad holding the girl on his lap, I told him it was a pose he said it “looked bad”.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    @Cororon , He was looking over my shoulder while I was perusing the thread and he asked if that guy groping the little girl was her father or creepy uncle...so the one with the dad holding the girl on his lap, I told him it was a pose he said it “looked bad”.

It's actually her great-grandfather, Spencer, and he's not creepy at all. Little Susanne is perfectly safe. :tongue: It's interesting how people see things differently and notice details I don't. Have you seen the site that has "awkward family pics"? :lol: Many are normal family pics, but there's *something* that makes them creepy or hilarious. One has a little boy, and behind him there's his father with a hammer in his hand. :lol:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Namaya92 Ohhh :love: Wait a sec her and Bunny look awful cozy with each other......Is she touching her simmy tush :# No wonder she turned me down at the bakery she likes the ladies.Really love the last shot pose and in general that is really cute.EDIT: Thank you for adding glasses :smirk:

@charlottesmom So that was a Genie Lamp :flushed: I thought it was a gravy boat and he used it when he ate mashed potatoes.Poor genie gonna smell like beef.Wow his grandpa really liked him after all.And a name for him would be Devon
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @Namaya92 Beautiful pictures :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @MoonandStars83 YOU GOT A PORG!!!! OMG...I've been begging for one since I saw the movie. Hubs just gives me a look. LOL I think they're so cute.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    @MoonandStars83 Porg! He's so cute! Also, love the Phineas and Ferb signature :D Me and my sister love the show (we're watching right now XD)

Thought i'd post a picture of my legacy heir London and her fiancee Kole.
    6vB6AEA.jpg
    I love this pic, it looks like they're cuddling <3 (also pretty sure London's pregnant)

Having been a Sims 4 player for nearly around 8 months, it amazes me how much detail Sims 3 has in realism then Sims 4. Makes Sims 4 look kinda rushed and lazy... still love it though.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

The Diner

The diner is a good distance from the brownstone. Jared hails a taxi and off they go. They arrive at the diner as the sun is setting. It is a beautiful sight looking out over the waters. They have an enjoyable dinner with good food and great company. They get to know each other better laughing a lot as they learn about each others lives. Alexandra finds out that Jared grew up in the city of Roaring Heights where his family has lived for generations. He tells her that they will not support him financially or emotionally as he pursues his dream. She is sad for him, but he has a great attitude and his desire to succeed will surely carry him far. Alexandra tells him about growing up in the rural town of Moonlight Falls and has wanted to see the bright lights of the city and is just happy to have made it this far.
    39308296602_13ac5edcee_c.jpg
    39337570821_230cb28a76_c.jpg

Brian changes his clothes and heads out to check out the town after dark. He has heard some good things about The Grind and as he enters the building he notices several people are arriving. He loves to dance and dances his way onto the dance floor. He notices several women watching him and he loves the attention. He introduces himself to one of the ladies. She is very attractive and he flirts a bit with her, until he realizes she is married and he finds another partner. He loves ladies, loves to party, but, he is not completely lost it to mess around with a married woman.
    39337570661_0a256688c9_c.jpg
    39308296242_393e63eb05_c.jpg
    39308296022_0dde5e7d6b_c.jpg
    39308295642_fc920f3ed9_c.jpg
    39337569611_6153e85d2e_c.jpg
    25469013228_c83f8af02c_c.jpg

As they were leaving the diner Jared ran into his boss Matthew Hamming. He whispered to Alexandra that he wanted to chat with him away from work to get to know him better. Alexandra nods and tells him she will chat and get to know someone. She observes a woman giving Matthew Hamming a very peculiar look. She introduces herself to her and learns her name is Jessica Talon. She notices Jessica's shining eyes and grey cast to her skin and believes that Jessica is a vampire. Jessica confirms that she is indeed a vampire. "Does that bother you?" Jessica asks.
    Alexandra shakes her head no, "I grew up in Moonlight Falls, so no, it does not bother me."
    "Do you know the Van Gould family? We are connected in the past." Jessica asks.
    "Yes, they are still a very well known and connected family in town. Do you know Matthew Hamming? You gave him a funny look earlier." Alexandra looks at Matthew who is still talking with Jared.
    "Of course, everyone knows Matthew or knows of Matthew. He is a player in this town and doesn't mind stepping on those he considers in the way of his rise to stardom." Jessica gives Matthew another intense look and tells Alexandra goodbye.

Alexandra walks over to Jared and Jared finishes his conversation and introduces her to Matthew. They chat a bit longer and Jared flags a taxi and they go home.
    39337570051_19482d9f59_c.jpg
    39308295772_195b4b4627_c.jpg

Jared thanks Alexandra for going with him and tells her he enjoyed the evening very much. She gives him a friendly hug and tells him to call her anytime. She climbs the stairs to her room and Jared sits down at the computer to check on script changes for tomorrow.
    39337571111_6aa10428c3_c.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top