Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    Miranda0233Miranda0233 Posts: 91 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    Justine Keaton.
    Who in the world is that?
  • Options
    itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    edited January 2015
    @FusionFang7

Thanks for making this thread! In addition to agreeing with the vast majority of things already listed, my requests are as follows:

1. Please make the children stop poking themselves in the eyes with their toys. The groaning gets annoying. It's a wonder any of them can still see.

2. Better gardening as in, greater yield of produce from spliced plants and improved access to harvestables on community lots.

3. Better fishing as in, I don't want to spend all my time fishing with bait only to recatch the exact fish I'm using as bait or something smaller.

That's all for now. :D

Edit:
    Oh! and
    4. Smaller microscopes to go along with the request for smaller telescopes. Not every sim can have a mansion or giant yard to house these massive items.
    Post edited by itsmegamo on
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
  • Options
    DextroyerX2DextroyerX2 Posts: 267 Member
    You can't fix something that isn't broken sorry.
  • Options
    ThitPoulsenThitPoulsen Posts: 54 Member
    Bed assignments. I would really like to see bed assignments return. i like the locked door as a solution as well but i kinda also want the kids to be able to hang out in their room with a friend or sibling without having to change the door lock every time
  • Options
    101Gamer101Gamer Posts: 131 Member
    edited January 2015
    Bed assignments.
    And advancement in auto-assignment particularly on vacation maps. Could be based on their Lot's assignment in the home e.g. couples,lovers,parents in double bed, etc. Less micro-managing sadfaces.

The Sims 4 is about Emotions and reduced CPU power consumption. Right?
    Also, complete agree with this.
  • Options
    ladymadonnaladymadonna Posts: 141 Member
    i would probably pay (again) for a second version of the game if they included open world.. it already annoys me when my sim has to sleep or go to work.. so i really don't like spending 5 minutes impatiently drumming my fingers, waiting for the screen to load every time she visits lots! and i miss the cars!! making them any colour or pattern you like! please please bring back a colour wheel!!! the no open world is a big (BIG) gripe for me! it was everything i loved about 3! especially when collecting or fishing! and the cemetery?? where is it?? i miss scaring my sim and fishing for the deathfish! i have been playing sims 4 for 2 months now, and have to say... its hard work to keep it up... i'm aways hovering over my sims 3 icon but i refuse to give in just yet! i do like the build mode (apart from no create a style) and i like the newer furniture and all the random junk you can have lying around. it definitely needs some expansions, less bugs and updates that don't mess everything up causing an uninstall then a 2 hour install again!! they really could not better 3 and so far... they definitely haven't!
  • Options
    @Ladymadonna - They have said before that the game engine they designed for it cant support an open world so that will never happen. And most of us do not experience 5 minute loading screens. i play on a crappy laptop and my loading screens are MAX a minute long and i have a lot of crap on this computer as i work with 3D texturing for an online web client. The color wheel will also never be coming back. personally i dont miss it, i just think they need to make more color options and make it so we can color different parts of each item seperately to make more combinations.

I would like to see a cemetary though. i enjoyed building a family cemetery whenever i started a new family because i play for many generations and i liked being able to drop off their tomb stones there. - But yes, they do need to fix the bugs, make some EPs and GPs and then it should be an okay game. IF we get toddlers back that is, that is such a crucial life stage to have. and for the last patch, there was indeed a problem but if you googled it you could find a solution as i did.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Add for Build/Buy the ability to set rooms to not share a foundation with the rest of the house. SO we can have a shed, or garage if we want
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @Nilanius - TheSimSupply on Youtube made a video where he shows how to sort of make this happen. its a wee bit tricky but it IS doable. it doesnt work perfectly though. but yes i agree, this would be nice.

Edit: i dont actually know how it would work with doors though..hm.. he never mentioned that..
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    kiosk in centre of Granite Falls where all roads connect. :no_mouth:
    nilanius wrote: »
    Add for Build/Buy the ability to set rooms to not share a foundation with the rest of the house. SO we can have a shed, or garage if we want

• Options
    kay_blogskay_blogs Posts: 67 Member
    It would be really nice if, after you're done creating a sim, they don't get deleted when/if your game crashes. This happens to me too often. If I haven't moved my Sim into a house AND saved before the crash, I lose my sim. They are no where to be found in the gallery and I have to start again. Ugh!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Locked doors. Locked rooms. The social and Emotional interactions of locked doors/rooms.

- new Emotion: Paranoid / Suspicious
    - new Social: bang on door. knock door down.
    Post edited by 101Gamer on
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    @Ladymadonna - They have said before that the game engine they designed for it cant support an open world so that will never happen. And most of us do not experience 5 minute loading screens. i play on a crappy laptop and my loading screens are MAX a minute long and i have a lot of crap on this computer as i work with 3D texturing for an online web client. The color wheel will also never be coming back. personally i dont miss it, i just think they need to make more color options and make it so we can color different parts of each item seperately to make more combinations.

I would like to see a cemetary though. i enjoyed building a family cemetery whenever i started a new family because i play for many generations and i liked being able to drop off their tomb stones there. - But yes, they do need to fix the bugs, make some EPs and GPs and then it should be an okay game. IF we get toddlers back that is, that is such a crucial life stage to have. and for the last patch, there was indeed a problem but if you googled it you could find a solution as i did.
    not totally true, again really we have some open world haters which love to spread that not completly true.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13064987/#Comment_13064987
    Wow. That is quite a lot of feedback. I don't think there is a final note on the open world now. I hope to reassure you that we are here and listening, and we want make the game the best experience it can be for you guys. Keep telling us what you want, and we'll do our best.
    then that open world is impossible is a lie or personnal wish.

tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I would like to see a cemetary though. .

Have hope. The other night a Guru popped into a thread and I told him a lot of us miss cemeteries. He said it was on his to do list. Guess we'll get a real one eventually.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    daar1113daar1113 Posts: 45 Member
    > @Gruffman said:
    > I do hope when/if they do add in hospitals, they add in the ability of a pregnant sim to go to said rabbithole hospital for a sonogram. Get info on the sex of the baby and if it was multiple.

Yes, a hospital as @Gruffman described would be cool. Maybe when your Sim goes into labor it would be cool to have the option of NPC paramedics show up and take your Sim to the hospital in an ambulance?

Also NPC firefighters would be nice. I mean you can have your Sim buy the auto sprinkler system which works but why even have the smoke alarm when I clearly see that my Sim is on fire and I have to have them or another Sim put them out anyway as no firefighter shows up from the alarm going off?
  • Options
    @Ellessarr ohh my mistake then :o i just read that in one of the threads . I loved the open world personally but if they brought it to sims 4 id have to get a new computer which isnt really in the budget lol, but ill be sure not to spread that then o.o i thought it was fact that they couldnt do it.
  • Options
    Great news about cemeterys as well though :O
  • Options
    kay_blogskay_blogs Posts: 67 Member
    Hospital, police station, fire station, grocery stores, book stores, rabbit hole and actual job buildings. I miss these things :(
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Great news about cemeterys as well though :O

I know. I miss the pre-made cemeteries. You can build one in TS4 but it's just not quite right.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    One thing I'd like to see and this should be in the base game as it's pretty basic but needed. I want at least one more district in each world that is intended to be like a "commercial" district or more specifically a "venue" district kinda like the current one where the base game gym, museum, etc is located. Except this new district should be 5 empty lots where you can actually plop all those venues you downloaded from the Gallery. I think it was silly for them to give us this awesome thing called the Gallery but not give us even one empty lot in the venue neighborhood to put anything from the Gallery. I mean each neighborhood is capable of up to 5 lots but the venue district currently in game has only 4 lots that are already filled. Why couldn't they give us even ONE empty lot on the venue strip so we don't have to bulldoze the stock venues only to realize now I have to travel to the other town because I deleted the Library in my current town?

Also, it just doesn't look right for me to put that awesome nightclub I saw on the Gallery into a residential neighborhood especially when I still have to endure a loading screen to go inside anyway. It's not like having the club venue across the street from my Sim's house makes it any more convenient to go visit. Yes, we need an all blank lot "neighborhood" zoned commercial for venues.

Not a rant. Just an observation. That is all. Carry on.
  • Options
    > @Blue_Keiko said:
    > When going through the Reward Store, after each selection you make, the cursor goes back to the top. Can it be adjusted so that after a selection that it stays where it is, so you can select a second reward a lot quicker? It's very gawky the way it is now.
    >
    > Another thing, and this counts for everything in the game, when 2 different Sims want to use something that can only be used by 1 Sim at any given time, (toilet, kitchen sink, chair, etc...), the Sim that chose last, it's action, is cancelled. Can that be adjusted so that in such an event the action goes in queue? Would be much better if you ask me. Thank you. :)

Oh I definitely agree with this one, especially when it comes to the toilet. A Sim who has "Use" queued up for the toilet should actually queue for the toilet and wait for it to become available instead of canceling the action outright.
  • Options
    ladymadonnaladymadonna Posts: 141 Member
    @thitpoulsen that's why i said "i would even pay for a second version" (though, i know unlikely!) i really do hope they bring the graveyard back along with the deathfish and the catacombs!
  • Options
    Graciee83Graciee83 Posts: 11 New Member
    I hope they add toddlers, cars, turn on/offs and more clothes and hairstyles
  • Options
    Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    edited January 2015
    I know this isn't high on everyone's list... but I would really like to see homeschooling! It's so irritating to me that I lose my child sims for 7 hours, 5 days a week, and they don't get skills or friends out of it! Then they come home, spend an hour and a half doing homework, and then only have time to eat, shower, pee, and go back to sleep so they have enough energy to not pass out at school the next day! With school, it is hard to complete aspirations and build relationships with their parents. I'm not asking for no school, I'm just asking for about 3 hours of assignments per weekday so that they can complete their aspirations, spend time with family and friends, and be more of a part of the gameplay.

Door locks. Even when you're not doing a challenge, door locks are convenient. For keeping kids out of the bedroom while parents are WooHooing, for example, which is awkward for everyone involved.

Also... Bed ownership. It's obnoxious when I send the parents in to bed and the kids are in the master suite.

Other things I think would be cool: illnesses and injuries (people get sick, it would be more realistic, but maybe have something in options to toggle them on and off for people who don't like them), hospital or doctor's office to visit for said ailments, maybe a restaurant, and PETS. But mostly the homeschooling.
  • Options
    I dont mind getting in homeschooling. i dont see myself using it often, but it would be fun to play with or to use with some challenges. However, i COMPLETELY agree with everything else you said lol, lets have it EA. please.