Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I hope this isn't the new version of Mrs. Crumplebottom. I want purse slapping, not farting. Like how old are we, three? Sighs the potty humor in the Sims 4 sometimes. :blush:

Makes me miss slapjack humor. Poor grandma. Grandmas aren't the only ones that fart anyways.

I want the real Mrs. Crumplebottom, I liked purse slapping and complaining about swimsuits ;)
    I never really understood and liked the farting thing in The Sims, they really could implement some other animations than that... If I were a TS4 sim I’d definitely have the trait squeamish :p
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

Ditto. Sims 4 babies totally creep me out. All I see are Resusci-Babies. http://www.laerdal.com/images/L/AAACFPIR.jpg
    LOL that is great. Yep they look like that.

From Day 1, the Sims 4 babies reminded me of this toy-

http://playmatestoys.com/brands/waterbabies

The dolls always seemed kind of creepy to me, and due to the Sims 4 babies resembling them (in my eyes), the Sims 4 babies look creepy to me too. As much as I like how pregnancy is done in Sims 4, the look of the babies has always bothered me. Even if they were unleashed from the bassinet, I'd need some improvements on how they look.
    They reminded me of these baby dolls when Barbies started to get pregnant.
    45bcf31d3e47f4a127155ce190195c64.jpg
    Yeah the babies are scary to me too. I mean CC helps, but they are still possessed looking.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Voeille wrote: »
    I hope this isn't the new version of Mrs. Crumplebottom. I want purse slapping, not farting. Like how old are we, three? Sighs the potty humor in the Sims 4 sometimes. :blush:

Makes me miss slapjack humor. Poor grandma. Grandmas aren't the only ones that fart anyways.

I want the real Mrs. Crumplebottom, I liked purse slapping and complaining about swimsuits ;)
    I never really understood and liked the farting thing in The Sims, they really could implement some other animations than that... If I were a TS4 sim I’d definitely have the trait squeamish :p
    I want her too. Yeah the squeamish trait came with Outdoor Retreat. I guess I just want more physical comedy that the crude humor comedy. I would love to see elders do more things than just things the young adults do. Something to make the life stage feel unique.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

That's not Mrs. Crumplebottom. If they really did want to make her, they would create the unique assets and try to make her look like her previous versions, since they seem to be trying to at least make their modern versions as close to their origins as possible.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options

That's not Mrs. Crumplebottom. If they really did want to make her, they would create the unique assets and try to make her look like her previous versions, since they seem to be trying to at least make their modern versions as close to their origins as possible.
    I hope so. She was one of my favorite NPCs. I forgot which thread they mentioned it might be her. I guess it was speculation. I still want more things for elders to do.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Scobre I remember her in TS1 Hot Date. There was a bug which prevented her from appearing on lots and everyone was annoyed until they fixed it lol

I saw somewhere where someone mentioned that the NPCs don't have the same edge that they used to. They seem to be more like townies with less of their own role. Back in TS1 every NPC or service Sim had their own role to the game and are well remembered.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Scobre I remember her in TS1 Hot Date. There was a bug which prevented her from appearing on lots and everyone was annoyed until they fixed it lol

I saw somewhere where someone mentioned that the NPCs don't have the same edge that they used to. They seem to be more like townies with less of their own role. Back in TS1 every NPC or service Sim had their own role to the game and are well remembered.
    That's true. I really hope we get cool nannies/babysitters and butlers NPCs too. I would love if butlers could take care of children again. It still bothers me that social worker isn't a NPC anymore.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I like bag slapping, grouchy, complaining old Mrs C too. In Sims 2, when my sims would go and publicly woohoo in the photobooth in the Crypt O Nightclub, I could always guarantee Mrs C would be outside it when they were emerging to whack them with her handbag. Or, mutter and point at them when they were kissing at the bar.
    It's never been the same without her. I never liked Agnes much in TS3. I appreciated the little insight into her earlier life, but I wanted the grumpy old lady back !
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »
    I like bag slapping, grouchy, complaining old Mrs C too. In Sims 2, when my sims would go and publicly woohoo in the photobooth in the Crypt O Nightclub, I could always guarantee Mrs C would be outside it when they were emerging to whack them with her handbag. Or, mutter and point at them when they were kissing at the bar.
    It's never been the same without her. I never liked Agnes much in TS3. I appreciated the little insight into her earlier life, but I wanted the grumpy old lady back !
    I didn't like Agnes much either. I found her too nice. XD
  • Options
    @egwarhammer
    Also there is some special interaction between her and charlatan (the thief that looks like a gentleman) – he can sing serenades for her:
    Cxlyynr.png

Her reaction is predictable :p
    bGL6pDa.png

ORXtkqR.png

I didn’t know it can happen, because those two never happened to appear on the same lot at the same time, I read about it and tested it in my game thanks to a mod – I summoned them.
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    Voeille wrote: »
    egwarhammer
    Also there is some special interaction between her and charlatan (the thief that looks like a gentleman) – he can sing serenades for her:
    Cxlyynr.png

Her reaction is predictable :p
    bGL6pDa.png

ORXtkqR.png

I didn’t know it can happen, because those two never happened to appear on the same lot at the same time, I read about it and tested it in my game thanks to a mod – I summoned them.
    LOL that is priceless humor.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Yeah the sims 2 days being wacked by Mrs Crumplebottom lol. My sims always got whacked more for using the hottub vs public woohoo but it was stilk funny if my sims just got done woohoo and she was there. Love hearing other peoples sims stories.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    Glad you like the pictures :) Mrs. Crumplebottom and charlatan are a good example how NPCs should work, and the kind of humour that is fitting to a sims game; for me personally it’s much better than angry poops :/ Another thing I like in NPCs in TS1 and 2 is that they have their own voice that isn’t available for any other sim. On one hand it’d be nice to have access to those voices in CAS, for more variety (in TS2 choosing voice is impossible, there are only two for females and two for males [you can’t change their pitch] and they’re assigned to sims randomly; however, I do like them the most, maybe it’s nostalgia), but on the other it makes those NPCs really unique and special.

Another thing I like about TS2’s Mrs. Crumplebottom is details – she isn’t a sim that can be active without a mod, so seeing her personality and skills isn’t normally possible in game, yet she has everything set, they even set her aspiration level to the lowest. She also had scripted wants – she wanted to find love and marry someone (which was supposed to show her as an unhappy lonely sim), but for some reason they rerolled this time in my game so she wants to become friends with some sims.
    VTITGC4.png
    Personality aspects are respectively slob/neat, shy/outgoing, lazy/active, serious/playful, and grouchy/kind.

She also has skills fitting to her personality:
    sqzSuJs.png
    She has cooking, fitness and cleaning maxed, and logic half full. I’m sure her high level of fitness is gained by slapping innocent sims with her purse :p

I miss that level of detail in 3 and 4.
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I hope that's just a good copy of Mrs. Crumplebottom, and not the real NPC. She's not supposed to be an active character, EVER. Having her as an active character will cause game corruption. I don't recommend messing around with her character at all. She's not programmed to be a playable sim, so if you want your Sims 2 worlds to last as long as possible, don't do it! :#
  • Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    I've only ever played sims 3 and 4 but I do miss how babies/toddlers were in sims 3. I miss having toddlers because it just feels like a piece of family is missing in sims 4 without them. Babies weren't the best in sims 3, but I think there was slightly better things to do with them in that game. I also wish babies looked a little different or weren't mainly like objects in sims 4.
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    I hope that's just a good copy of Mrs. Crumplebottom, and not the real NPC. She's not supposed to be an active character, EVER. Having her as an active character will cause game corruption. I don't recommend messing around with her character at all. She's not programmed to be a playable sim, so if you want your Sims 2 worlds to last as long as possible, don't do it! :#

I know she’s a ‘dangerous’ character, but I didn’t add her to my household – I just made her active for a moment (that’s different to adding a sim to a household, nothing about her got changed), I used InSIMenator for that.
    I recall I experienced a game corruption a couple of years ago. I don’t remember well what caused that, maybe installing a copy with a family already being in the town, maybe messing around with ghosts and NPCs, maybe downloading a megahood (basegame neighbourhoods joined to one), maybe something else, but most sims ended up broken – with no aspiration, broken gender and they were available in the household called “deafult” – the one containing special sims like Mrs. Crumplebottom and Grim Reaper.
    Shared save is one of the biggest flaw in TS2 – if something goes wrong, everything ends up broken.
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited May 2016
    It could've been worse. Be glad that they decided to cut the Social Networking skill into the Charisma skill and not have it be it's own entire skill set that takes up one of the major components in the pack.
    Oh wow there was going to be a social networking skill? XD Yeah I'm glad that didn't happen. I didn't know about that.

Well, I'm mainly talking about the University Life skill, where it was completely random whether or not everybody would love or hate your posts. I'm glad that they have some sort of version of that, but that they didn't go all out on making it it's own thing. Honestly, Charisma would've been pretty empty besides unlocking other interactions, but it still would've been fine without it. Even if you don't like social media, what they did with the thing really doesn't have a big part in the game, so be thankful they decided not to expand on it.

But was it really random? I only posted in TS3 if the moodlet for it was on (after special life events or after visiting a restaurant etc... ) and those post were always loved. Yes, it did mean a sim had to lead a life adjusted to his social media blog, but isn't this how you have to live as a person who makes money off having internet followers in real life as well?
  • Options

I had the same issue with the social worker in TS2. I am not sure how I done it but I made her playable but she caused so e issues, and that was nothing to do with taking kids away :#
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    edited May 2016
    @Scobre

2 pages ago..

I know this is a Family Play thread, but I cannot resist.

I actually rather enjoyed seeing that smelly, noisy little monster get "beamed up".
    As anyone can tell I am not a mother and this is a game so no shame is felt when "babies" get removed from the household. And good show! They leave the bassinet which one can sell for perhaps 50 simoleons or so.

As all can tell, I am not a mother, nor shall I be, so I do hope I am not disturbing anyone's sensitivities when I speak glowingly of social workers, "repo'd" offspring and the like.

As for the rest, indeed I have played Sims 1 so little but I still recall Mrs. Crumplebottom, Sylvia the burglar and of course the raper.

Now then I fear I have tread too far to the edge of the "topic rails" and I shall stop forthwith.

Of Note: I am sincere. The sarcasm is best left to my partner and even she knows when to stop.
    Post edited by Park on
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    So more to go. Bailey the college student went back home like I said last time. Now wanted to talk about her family. So the parents are Nolan and Chloe Nature. They had just gotten over a huge midlife crisis. And Nolan bought an expensive car. Its one hot ride. Also theres Bailey the oldest who just got back from uni. Then there is Daisy aged teen, Pete a child, and Lilith was a toddler. Well they were about to have their 5th child. Another little girl I called Chyna. So is she the last baby? I dont know so far five kids 4 girls 1 boy. Now everyone is getting older. Daisy is a young adult who is going with Bailey back to uni so I will be playing with both girls. Pete is a teen, Lilith a child and last but not least Chyna is a toddler. The family life is pretty busy and hectic. They still havent figured out what is different about Bailey since uni. Still Bailey is excited about uni and Daisy cant wait to go too. Bailey is nerdy and takes school seriously. However Daisy is starting to turn into a bit of a rebel. I guess because of her love of art kind of lead her to that lifestyle. Also Daisy wants to be a total bigshot celeberty and love the attention. Now its university time agian for my game. Wonder if there will be any more surprises...
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    Park wrote: »
    @Scobre

2 pages ago..

I know this is a Family Play thread, but I cannot resist.

I actually rather enjoyed seeing that smelly, noisy little monster was "beamed up".
    As anyone can tell I am not a mother and this is a game so no shame is felt when babies re removed from the household. And good show! They leave the bassinet which one can sell for perhaps 50 simoleons or so.

As all can tell, I am not a mother, nor shall I be, so I do hope I am not disturbing anyone's sensitivities when I speak glowingly of social workers, "repo'd" offspring and the like.

As for the rest, indeed I have played Sims 1 so little but I still recall Mrs. Crumplebottom, Sylvia the burglar and of course the raper.

Now then I fear I have tread too far to the edge of the "topic rails" and I shall stop forthwith.

Of Note: I am sincere. The sarcasm is best left to my partner and even she knows when to stop.
    Don't worry, I'm not bothered by your opinion. You expressed them very respectfully. :) Yeah it is just different for me. It bothers me that babies are culled. I rather have an adoption pool for them.
  • Options
    @Scobre Hang on so they actually cull babies if they get 'taken' away from your Sims?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Scobre Hang on so they actually cull babies if they get 'taken' away from your Sims?
    Yep. Babies are never to be seen again after the beam of light social worker takes them. I like to think of it as Will Wright rescuing babies from the Sims 4. XD Helps thinking of it that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top