The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hello one and all. Thank you @sparkfairy1 for the get-well-wishes. Kimmy (Park) is quite the motor-mouth once she gets rolling, isn't she? Sorry she had a hand in the Thread Derailment. (I oughtta send her to her room for that)

:D
    But at least she promised to refrain from that in the future and she is a girl of her word.

But she's right on one count. Though we don't do much in the way of Family Play, we do like other aspects of TS 4, it does not mean we do not support the purpose of this thread and those in here who would, at best, love to see the game made more robust with the placement of missing content, regardless of whether it was "supposed to be" missing or not, or at the very least, as said before perhaps to the point of repeating myself too often, a frank and open answer as to why the young life stages can't be re-aligned to accommodate tots and more interesting babies in the current game, not as add-on purchased content, which would be restricted to the scope of the EP alone and not game-wide, not to mention why pay for what ought to have been included from the get-go.

In hindsight I am at a loss as to why "market research" wasn't executed before this current game was programmed. With the volume of those in here and no doubt others who feel the same but don't post because of earlier digital fisticuffs.

I hope and urge the Powers that Be will do this sort of thing for a Sims 5, if there is to be one.

Perhaps, as Kimmy pointed out, if tots, meaningful babies, and more accurate Teen sims were in-game, we both would play them, and likely enjoy their contribution to the overall gaming experience.

The babies, as they are now are sometimes creepy, actually.
    Now look at Moi.. Getting gabby myself. Have a swell evening and/or wee-hour morning everyone!
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Babies stay babies in my game exactly as long as it takes the New Baby! Buff to wear off... 2 days. That buff goes, my new child is on its way to CAS. :p
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    That is one thing I'll never understand is why the Sims 4 babies had to be designed like the Sims 1 babies. I didn't want to go back to the object cradle babies. I thought the Sims series was done with that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Ok after loving this bracelet my nephew made me <3, I want there to be more crafts for children to do.
    KIMG00141_zpsngnz4usj.jpg

Like making jewelry and birdhouses and other crafts.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Wow @Scobre that is awesome! <3

I'd adore crafts in the sims-especially all those cute things for toddlers and kids!
  • Options

I'd adore crafts in the sims-especially all those cute things for toddlers and kids!
    Yeah I think there is a lot that still could be done to expand the child's life stage even. I'd love them to have noodle fights in the pool and just more outdoor activities for them to do.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,445 Member
    @Scobre that's a really nice bracelet, I love the colors he picked :heart:
    crafting for kids/toddlers would be so cool.
  • Options
    ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    edited May 2016
    We have a TS 1 game on an old but still functional computer.
    I played it a bit before Sims 4. and the babies are just as dreadful there as on Sims 4, but I did like "Social Worker Sylvia" who would come and collect the overlooked crib urchins.

I do not yet know if there is a "social worker" on "4", or do the infernal little beasts simply vanish?

As with this version, our TS 1 is just the base.

EDIT: Mine was quite the full house in Sims 1, so I did have one or two little monsters repossessed, and I was right chastened by the game, which informed me that I should be "ashamed of myself".
  • Options
    KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member

That would be so cute. It makes me wonder why drawing pictures or coloring books for the kids and toddlers were never added. Many kids love to draw and color pictures and give them to the people they adore. The parents could then post them on the fridge or something. Then, when a kid would walk by and see their work, they can have the option to feel pride or joy.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I really need to reinstall Sims 1. I just don't really have enough time to play the games I already have! But there were some really charming things about it, and I loved the bake oven added with Making Magic, where you had to have the cookbook and all the ingredients to bake (Three per recipe, if I recall). That never really got replicated in subsequent games.
  • Options
    Park wrote: »
    We have a TS 1 game on an old but still functional computer.
    I played it a bit before Sims 4. and the babies are just as dreadful there as on Sims 4, but I did like "Social Worker Sylvia" who would come and collect the overlooked crib urchins.

I do not yet know if there is a "social worker" on "4", or do the infernal little beasts simply vanish?

As with this version, our TS 1 is just the base.

EDIT: Mine was quite the full house in Sims 1, so I did have one or two little monsters repossessed, and I was right chastened by the game, which informed me that I should be "ashamed of myself".
    Nope, no more NPC social worker. She was been resort to a notification beam of light. Babies get culled. So there are multiple versions of culling in the Sims 4. Video of it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFkkqLMpN70&amp;ab_channel=JuicyHotzGaming
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Thrippa wrote: »
    I really need to reinstall Sims 1. I just don't really have enough time to play the games I already have! But there were some really charming things about it, and I loved the bake oven added with Making Magic, where you had to have the cookbook and all the ingredients to bake (Three per recipe, if I recall). That never really got replicated in subsequent games.

The Sims 1 is actually so hard, it's amazing. Living a balanced life, keeping their needs up, making friends, advancing in careers - it's all actually rather challenging :) I love playing it sporadically, but I usually end up going back to TS2 or TS3 so my simmies can age.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    That is one thing I'll never understand is why the Sims 4 babies had to be designed like the Sims 1 babies. I didn't want to go back to the object cradle babies. I thought the Sims series was done with that.

Me too. It's why I can't connect with the sims 4 kids. It's such a shame because I love the advances in pregnancy and it's such a let down to go from something done better than older game to a feature regressed to the standard 15 years ago.

It makes me laugh as back in TS1 if you wanted a teen or an elder, you just used an adult Sim.

The Jeff Pleasent head was used for elder men and I used the House Party heads with coloured hair for teens and young adults.

In TS4 the life stages are on par with TS1. You have object babies, kids and various adult type stages that all look the same.

That annoyance came to realisation when I played the free trial, I had a teenage boy to try and talk to a teenage girl only to find out that she was a YA so she wasn't interested in him. That is a shame as I liked them I troducing the teenage stage the most in TS2 as I was 17 at the time so felt the teenage stage was worth the wait.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    Thrippa wrote: »

The Sims 1 is actually so hard, it's amazing. Living a balanced life, keeping their needs up, making friends, advancing in careers - it's all actually rather challenging :) I love playing it sporadically, but I usually end up going back to TS2 or TS3 so my simmies can age.

I second this, and have you ever played the console version (I only had the console version of sims 1 I only ever played th pc version at my friends house) I find it even harder as everything falls on meeting the goals and keeping friends so you can finally own malcoms mansion. I never got past mimi's house.

Its amazing how far the Sims games has come at the same time it leaves me so disappointed.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hi you all!

I´ve been a little bussy these days as I am waiting (in any moment now) my seventh grandchild to be born, so I spend a lot of time at my doughter´s trying to help her with her two boys ( five and three years old OMG).

In any case not to bussy as to not find some time to play my Manderley story (or lurking through this thread from time to time...), Noelia has come back from UNI, started to work and found love, this time it seams that everything is going oficial and they are planning an engagement party where families can meet and all the stuff

48_zps7qlsntyl.png

49_zps6vpnwybg.png

50_zpsasrgjndp.png

47_zps0arztwas.png

46_zpsk5rjmi0a.png

firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    @junceda I hope everything goes ok and good pictures :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Thankyou very much @King_of_simcity7
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Yeah babies just disapear in the sims 4 if they arent cared for. I saw it on a video on youtube. At least the sims 1 a social worker visits to take the baby away.

So anyway things are pretty crazy with my sims game lately. Ive been playing multiple saves at this time. Right now Im playing a game with a mom and dad, and a lot of kids. The oldest kid used to be girly and fancy dressed. She was that kind of girl. When she became a teen she met a boy and got her 1st kiss at prom. It was so sweet. He asked her to prom. She was doing good in school as well. She is smart and she has been interested in stars and her dream is to be a doctor. Then everything changed. One day something horrible happened. Her boyfriend drowned and died. She was devistated. She went into a deep depression and when changed her whole style. She became goth and she was into dark things. She started visiting the grave yard and stuff often. She grew up and the one thing that didnt change was her desire to become a doctor. In fact after the death happened it made her want to help save lives even more. So she rolled the wish to go to college. So I decided that with her encouragement that her career would be her main focus from now on. So she moved out into college. Lived with a bunch of girls. Which she wasnt that thrilled about living with all these girls. But still she loved her freedom. I wasnt sure what rout she would go for once she got into college. I kind of left it up to her to decide. So she decided school came 1st and pleasure and parties came 2nd. She did go to parties but only if she had time. Also she did make some interesting friends. Overall I think university was a good time for her. She got an A for her 1st term. She still has another term to go but for now shes at home with her family. Still hmm there is something different about her now. Baileys family noticed. (the focus point of my game at the moment) And its not her whole goth look anymore. Its deeper then that now. But they arent sure what it is thats different about her. But something changed at university.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    @alyssasim87 Good story :smile:

I played TS3 a bit earlier and also had two Sims go to prom. They both changed into their outer ware when they arrived but I got a notification saying that my Sim saw another Sim wearing the same tuxedo as him... :o
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Brief summary of my current TS3 game:

Another Universe in which Tomeka existed in Hidden Springs. Still touting her Fear of Commitment trait and Flirty trait, she waltzed through the town being with whoever she wanted to be with, whenever she wanted. Life was okay for Tomeka.

You know, until she met someone that she actually...liked being around more often than once every few weeks. She started inviting him over once a week, then twice a week, then every day. Eventually -- EVENTUALLY -- she got the desire to start dating him. Through some carelessness on her part, though, she found out that she was already pregnant with another man's baby. Her new beau didn't care, though, and raised the little girl as his own.

I really like this file but, unfortunately, I only have a couple of SFW pictures from it. Trying to see if I can make a spicy Simblr. ;p

v9qKxqC.jpg

J4fSSfV.jpg

They'd moved to another town by the second picture. Hidden Springs is pretty great but also so small!
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited May 2016

Me too. It's why I can't connect with the sims 4 kids. It's such a shame because I love the advances in pregnancy and it's such a let down to go from something done better than older game to a feature regressed to the standard 15 years ago.

Ditto. Sims 4 babies totally creep me out. All I see are Resusci-Babies. http://www.laerdal.com/images/L/AAACFPIR.jpg
  • Options
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

Ditto. Sims 4 babies totally creep me out. All I see are Resusci-Babies. http://www.laerdal.com/images/L/AAACFPIR.jpg
    LOL that is great. Yep they look like that.
  • Options
    I hope this isn't the new version of Mrs. Crumplebottom. I want purse slapping, not farting. Like how old are we, three? Sighs the potty humor in the Sims 4 sometimes. :blush:

Makes me miss slapjack humor. Poor grandma. Grandmas aren't the only ones that fart anyways.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

LOL that is great. Yep they look like that.

From Day 1, the Sims 4 babies reminded me of this toy-

http://playmatestoys.com/brands/waterbabies

The dolls always seemed kind of creepy to me, and due to the Sims 4 babies resembling them (in my eyes), the Sims 4 babies look creepy to me too. As much as I like how pregnancy is done in Sims 4, the look of the babies has always bothered me. Even if they were unleashed from the bassinet, I'd need some improvements on how they look.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top