Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016

Yes I heard that they went back to the TS1 way of just sleeping in the bed without cuddling with another Sim?
    Yeah pretty much. They can't make out on the bed like how they used to as well. It is like the weak couch make out. Makes it feel like their couple time is more like a separated couple time and dog house time in which the couple are fighting with each other.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Scobre Interesting way of putting it.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Scobre Interesting way of putting it.
    Yeah just how it feels to me. I don't know could be different for someone else.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @Scobre Well I have taken a break from the forums tonight. Came back n and scrolled through a few threads, nothing different to normal, just the same old, same old.

I guess we are about to start the 'quiet season' so everything will be tense until EP 3 is announced
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @Scobre Well I have taken a break from the forums tonight. Came back n and scrolled through a few threads, nothing different to normal, just the same old, same old.

I guess we are about to start the 'quiet season' so everything will be tense until EP 3 is announced

I doubt that, summer vacation just started here... the kids are loose, I expect the usual summer trollage and hijinks to roll out just any time now. Batten down the hatches! :)
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    The longer it takes for them to announce the next EP, the more I hope it is a generations pack with patched in toddlers. On the other hand, they might just have too less staff to produce them in the normal six-month-gap.
  • Options
    @egwarhammer The forums are a lot more troll free than they used to be thanks to the stricter registration where you have to wait a few days before you can post. This has kept the repeat offenders out of the forums for a while.

There are still a lot of wars going on though, the usual 'my game is better than yours' attitude still going strong and to be honest, I am sick of it now.

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    We should keep this thread drama free if possible. Let the "sides" fights not enter here. Anyway I haven't been feeling well lately, so it's been harder to type. Flus stink. I hope everyone is doing well.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thank you @Scobre yes please keep that plum outside our 'door' thank you everyone, we don't want mud tracking in here from that sort of behaviour.

@Scobre I hope you get well soon lovely *big cuddles* flu is awful. I hope you are taking good care of yourself <3

I have been busy as my new butterflies hatched over the past day or so <3
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Ooo pictures please. Butterflies are so pretty.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    Ooo pictures please. Butterflies are so pretty.
    Thread about it here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/886409/raising-small-tortoiseshell-butterflies
  • Options
    This is adorable. Kid's Minecraft bedroom set. <3
    d4e981fdb369b451d6f18b34659f28a2.jpg

http://sims4downloads.net/select-a-site-minecraft-kids-bedroom-set/
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Hi you all!

Just a few pics about what´s going on

She is Emi, and as I´ve already told she is almost in time!

76_zpso10hbkto.png

She is very much alike her sister Noelia, but that´s the way it is really! though I can see the differences very obviously...

78_zps11artrgk.png

and that´s her family soon to be increased

77_zps3j0onbw0.png

75_zpsjpm6pyra.png

79_zps2s0aahxv.png

81_zpsodkd46uc.png

I´ll be back the moment the baby is born, see you!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited May 2016
    Welcome @Simulance, and yes I think I can speak for most of us when I say we totally get it!

Just dropping in to let you know about a TS3 mod that makes sims sit down with a baby to watch TV autonomous. I've tried it and it's pretty cool!
    https://simsarahsarah.tumblr.com/post/138417032267/auto-sit-watch-tv-holding-babytoddler-tuning
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Loving seeing all these pictures and hearing about everyones sims.

Ok I have to admit the new sims 4 gp looks like it would be fun. Still might wait and get some other stuff before I try that but still I had to admit it looks fun.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    KeytaLynnKeytaLynn Posts: 6 New Member
    This is my first time to this thread, and it has an impressive amount of pages. I couldn't read all of them, but it seems like a lot of people are saying the same thing. It's not just toddlers that are lacking in the game, it's family play in general.

I absolutely hate babies in sims 4. They are glued to their crib prisons and you just do the same three interactions again and again so they don't cry. The only reason I don't age them up instantly is because I don't want my sim to have a baby and then have it instantly be a child the same day she gives birth to it, honestly that's just weird. When they announced this multitasking feature I got really excited because I thought my baby and toddler sims would have more freedom and more interactions while being held/carried, and what I got was a missing life stage and a loud object. I understand people got frustrated with babies being put on the floor, it was annoying as hell honestly, but their solution was glue them to cribs instead of not putting them on the floor. Really?

This kids pack actually makes me kind of nervous. Do I want new content for kids? Yes, I do! But I don't want EA to think that they can throw us this tiny bone and then they can go back to just pumping out content for adult sims and ignoring us again. I would absolutely love a generations pack, which was listed as an option in the survey the sent out. (However, I should note that not one of those options has been turned into a pack so far, even though a lot of them sounded really cool!) If they were to do a pack like generations I think that they would need to patch the toddlers for free before that released. I am totally okay with paying for a brand new life stage that has never been in game (preteens) and more family objects and interactions, but it seems ridiculous to me to charge people for an entire life stage that has been in base game since sims 2. I also really don't want watered down toddlers either. If they are anything like babies there won't be much of a point to adding them.

I also really miss the lifespan slider, the new settings don't make any sense?? The short setting may as well be non-existent. Normal just seems weird. And long feels like you have aging turned off. I want to be able to choose how long my sims are a certain age, I loved that about sims 3!

This game has almost been out for a year and a half. I assumed toddlers would be patched a long time ago, like they did with other content they left out of the base game (Basements, dishwashers, half walls, pools, etc...) But no one has muttered a word about them. The only thing we've been told in all this time is "We're listening" "We can't share any information on that right now" "We hear you". Maybe they are listening, but it sure doesn't seem like EA gives a crap about the family players. If you have no intention of adding toddlers be honest with us. Don't keep us waiting for each EP announcement only to be disappointed again and again. I haven't played the game in ages. It bores me because I am a family player and without toddlers and with babies glued to cribs, I really don't see any point in playing. If more family game play is added I will be the first to thank EA and go back to my regularly scheduled simming, but it's supposed to be a LIFE simulator. And if you straight up ignore the first few stages of life it's not a life simulator.

To sum up; Babies should not be objects, toddlers should be patched for free, release the generation themed pack, bring back the lifespan slider, and stop ignoring family players.
  • Options
    I honestly am running out of ideas of how toddlers should be implemented now. :confounded: At this point I just want toddlers in the game. Having them tied to a paid pack is not a compromise. Might be from being so sick, I just don't know how to make logic out of threads right now. :(
  • Options
    @Scobre honestly honey don't let your mind worry about what is EA/Maxis responsibility ;) rest your mind from dealing with the unnecessary to and fro especially while you are sick because clearly for some whatever you say will always be a contentious issue. Hide out in here for a while for a rest ;)

@Simulance welcome and absolutely that's exactly how I feel.

@KeytaLynn welcome also! I agree with much of what you say too.

@HappySimmer3 that sounds awesome, will check it out next time I'm on my pc. Thank you :) is this going to make me sad that multi tasking with early life is made better in TS3 because of modders?

@alyssasim87 if you buy please let us know your experience with it :)

@junceda loving your updates and recommendations :)

Love everyone sharing as always <3
  • Options
    You're welcome, spark!

Is it just me, or does anyone else see all the similarities with the new Get Eats GP (yeah I know this is not the real name, lol) and the retail part of GTW? It looks to me like they reused a lot of the same game mechanics. Unless they also worked on the functionality of those mechanics, I suppose players can look forward to restaurant employees who won't actually work and will dance and chat with everyone instead. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will bet the farm on it. ;)

• Options
    You're welcome, spark!

Is it just me, or does anyone else see all the similarities with the new Get Eats GP (yeah I know this is not the real name, lol) and the retail part of GTW? It looks to me like they reused a lot of the same game mechanics. Unless they also worked on the functionality of those mechanics, I suppose players can look forward to restaurant employees who won't actually work and will dance and chat with everyone instead. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will bet the farm on it. ;)
    Yeah I noticed it too. Honestly I rather have it like the retail system than those active careers. At least the retail system has replay value to it.
  • Options
    There is that, @Scobre, and I don't disagree. But more often than not that retail thing gets so frustrating that a lot of players stop playing that, too.

• Options
    There is that, @Scobre, and I don't disagree. But more often than not that retail thing gets so frustrating that a lot of players stop playing that, too.
    True. Somehow I like the club system more than the retail system. Plus so cute making kid clubs.
  • Options
    SimulanceSimulance Posts: 313 Member
    Thanks for the welcome. This thread is awesome. :heart:
  • Options
    @HappySimmer3 the only thing that gives me hope in regards to those similarities is the thread they dedicated to improving the retail system in GTW in general section. It's likely that if it does reuse a lot of those interactions that they wanted to deal with the frustrating issues that system had baked into it the first time they created it. Hopefully with the feedback there they'll be upping the game to improve player experience this time round.

It doesn't really matter to me yet though. Still waiting on news of tots before they see any more of my money! ;) it'll matter if they ever do though because then I may consider buying the older expansions etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top