Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Why does the purple baby have those markings on his legs? It looks awesome :O
    My current family in Sims 4 has 6 kids o.O At least the can't get pregnant from abductions anymore o.O
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    My current family in Sims 4 has 6 kids o.O At least the can't get pregnant from abductions anymore o.O

I guess it's supposed to be shiny scales. Like the baby is in some kind of natural armor.

• Options
    marcellala wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »

I guess it's supposed to be shiny scales. Like the baby is in some kind of natural armor.

I've never noticed it, it looks so cool haha.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I love all the pictures! Can't wait to see Galluma's baby!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited May 2015
    Someone believes he discovered they are planning on bringing out way more SPs than GPs and EPs combined. That's totally stupid in my opinion. Stuff is not what this game needs. But it's easier and cheaper to produce, so i wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=555346
    Some companies (EA is a big one) will often create a full game with lots of content, then actually take content out and sell it on the side as DLC. That's what all the packs are, by the by. Don't care how they label it, it's DLC. Now, I'm sure they are going to make new content for future stuff packs, but I will firmly believe that that's what happened regarding some of the packs that are going to be coming out first.
    Post edited by mizuru007 on
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Should I give a partial update ... or wait for a full update ...
  • Options
    Gruffman wrote: »

Gimme
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Please please please.. @Gruffman I need to know....:)
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »

You tease :sweat:
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    ACT FIVE
    THE DREAM

We left off with the ever so wonderful Golluma Fabulous having to sprint to the bathroom ...
    pt%209%20b_zpsr22ukaeq.jpg
    Is it the jitters from letting her imagination run wild ... building a home that only someone so Fabulous as she can imagine ... or is it something more ...

con%201_zpsbaqkz0k4.jpg
    At dawns first light, Quinto was true to his word. The house he grew up in was sold, and he and Golluma bought the site that she wanted and tore down the house that had stood there for generations. Construction began quickly.

con%202_zps3epb1lvj.jpg
    Quinto could only stare in awe as Golluma started planning, designing, shaping and edging and in truth, he could not make heads or tails of what Golluma was planning to build. Walls were put up, then torn down only to be put back up again. There was a focus and a determination in her eyes. Finally, she grabbed him by the arm and dragged him inside.

con%203_zpso97hvqjn.jpg
    Barren walls met a mis-matched floor pattern. Golluma was talking out loud ... to herself ... kitchen and dining room, pool, parlor, bathroom ... enough space or no ... seven by seven no, not seven by seven ... three or four and ... I must have my precious ... Lets see ... a table, stove, refrigerator ... will it fit ...

con%209%20b_zps0jecnpnx.jpg
    And before Quinto knew it, a make-shift kitchen existed where a half empty room once stood. He could see by the look in her eyes that her vision was taking shape ....

con%204_zpscs9ekabe.jpg
    'Nothing is set in stone yet Quinto', she said casually . The pool may stay, it may go. I need to see how it will all come together .... And with that, Quinto thought to himself on the size of the pool, the one at his old house was bigger, and he began to question Gollumas vision. 'Quinto, what do you think of a nursery room ... for a baby?' I think I may need one ... ', Golluma said. ' And for a second, he forgot about her vision of a house and it took a minute for those words to sink in. 'Golluma ... are ... you ... I mean, last night, we ...' Quinto stuttered .... but Golluma didn't say a word. She grabbed him by the arm and took him off to another spot.

con%209%20c_zpswizrd7js.jpg
    And he soon found himself in yet another oddly shaped room, but it had all the latest furnishings for a nursery. For a moment, Quinto was confused, the room wasn't finished being built, but it had all the makings of a nursery. He strolled over to the empty bassinet. And finally, he had to ask. "Golluma, you don't intend for the bassinet to be outside ... do you?'

con%209%20e_zpsxenkgsa4.jpg
    Golluma looked at Quinto, he was now fully starting to see her vision. 'Why can't the bassinet be outside?' She said. 'It is just an empty shell of an object, it doesn't hold life. It isn't like there is an actual baby in it right now is it? And since it is just an object ... it can stay outside. Besides, we live in Oasis Springs, I have yet to see it rain, have clouds in the sky or have a day where the temperature gets cold. Besides, think of the uninterrupted view of the night sky.'. And for a brief moment, he could see the logic behind it. Looking down at the future spot for his baby, it really didn't matter if it was inside or outside, it was just an object in the end.

con%209%20d_zpskrxnfmsu.jpg
    'What an odd place for that little table, Golluma.', Quinto said. 'Why is it here, in the baby nursery.' And with a heavy sigh, she looked at what she had in front of her. Golluma got sad, 'It is the closest thing I could find to a changing table to go with the nursery. At least the ladybug can can be used for a diaper pail.'

con%209%20f_zpsqn6bfhut.jpg
    'Don't be sad Golluma. We may not be able to have a full and complete nursery today, but hopefully one of our descendants will.' And with a kiss, he asked her for a tour of the rest of her vision. Maybe it would get her mind off the nursery.

con%205_zpsnv3w1m2w.jpg
    And it did. Quinto found himself in what might be his future work out room. 'Come on Quinto, I have one more room I think I can show you. The bathroom.' Quinto chuckled to himself with that one. Surely ... the bathroom won't be outside, some things are private after all.

con%206_zpsdys4b5vo.jpg
    Oh how wrong you are there son. 'Golluma, the bathroom ... you plan for it to be open ... what about the neighbors ...' poor Quinto stuttered. 'Think of it Quinto, the feel of the breeze, the warm rays of the sun. And forget the neighbors, if they want to watch, let them watch. It isn't like they are going to call the police on us. There is no crime here, so no cops.' Golluma said, feeling proud of herself.

con%208_zpsxjnlxfmw.jpg
    'That big house with the telescope aiming at the bathroom ... that is my sisters house. Are you sure this is such a good idea?' Quinto protested. But Golluma was adamant. 'Look, she is your sister, your siblings ... it is not like you guys can ever have romantic interactions ... your related by blood.' And with a sigh, Quinto said 'She is my auntie-sis. Cause her grandmother is also her mother, so in essence she is my fathers daughter, but she is also his sister, since they both have the same mother ... its complicated.'

con%209%20a_zpsdsihcwvn.jpg
    But Golluma didn't hear what Quinto had said, her mind went racing back to building her dream home .....

• Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    edited May 2015
    Aha, she's building the Winchester mystery house! Stairs to nowhere, doors opening into space, and rooms 1 inch deep facing 'rooms' that contain all the rest of the house! Plus perfectly visible bathrooms, to make sure no one's plotting against them in there.
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Golluma has some flair :lol:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    @Gruffman
    I like the insanity. It is different. I also like the way you used some of the "flaws" of TS4 to add humor!

kim
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    @Thrippa It is an interesting house, that is for sure. Hopefully I will be able to complete Golluma's vision.
    @Frogprincess_q She is quite the drama queen, but she knows what she wants. I think she is a good counter to Quinto's stoic self.
    @kimjo313 Maybe one day we will have a proper nursery and sims that don't need to be referred to as auntie-sis ... Golluma's nursery scene was thought long ago tbh.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Wow that's so cool Gruffman. It's like a little hive mind home. I love it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Someone believes he discovered they are planning on bringing out way more SPs than GPs and EPs combined. That's totally stupid in my opinion. Stuff is not what this game needs. But it's easier and cheaper to produce, so i wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=555346
    Interesting read. My guess is that is what is planned for this year because in one of their financial presentation notes to the stockholders, they mentioned two EPs would be released this fiscal year. But man I totaled it all up and if that is the case, Simmers will spend a total of $300 not counting tax or exchange rates if they buy it all. I have a feeling none of those will have anything for families to do or if they do, it will be extremely limited like OR.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    So I thought this was interesting one of the comments with it: http://www.therem.org/sims-4-release-date-for-next-gen-consoles-declaration-expected-in-e3-2015/1223766/ " If the game is as simple as Sims 4, then it becomes even easier for the game to run on these consoles." I wonder if family play got reduced to make it easier and faster to release the console versions of the game at the E3?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I don't know why but this upsets me a little: http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/post/119169641556/the-sims-4-75-million-annual-revenue-says-ea. If Maxis is really making 75 million in annual revenue, then why can't they afford to get toddlers, family play, or any other highly requested feature back into the game? I'm just getting more and more disappointed every day with how the Sims 4 is turning out. I did join a nice group on MTS site that helps me vent and made up a new curse phrase on it: "What the plumming gnomes?" <3
    Screenshot-399.jpg
  • Options
    @Gruffman..... ahhh I dont know whats worse a story im getting into getting cut short and leaving me hanging or not allowing me a picture of the whole house I really really need to see it, come on serious book buff here that needs more now before the shakes begin ;)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Gruffman Golluma's house is certainly interesting. I'm loving the little jabs with the 'issues' with Sims4. Insane sim tells it like it is. :) Kinda like Mr Sausage does. :)
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    So I thought this was interesting one of the comments with it: http://www.therem.org/sims-4-release-date-for-next-gen-consoles-declaration-expected-in-e3-2015/1223766/ " If the game is as simple as Sims 4, then it becomes even easier for the game to run on these consoles." I wonder if family play got reduced to make it easier and faster to release the console versions of the game at the E3?

If it was then I will be beyond mad with EA. That's not on, to deprive us of a full sims experience just to make it easier for themselves to port over on other platforms is awful for the consumer. If that was their plan they should have dropped the price and communicated that they had no intention of a full sims PC experience.
  • Options
    @sparkfairy1 I agree with you..... id me steaming like a looney toon if thats the case
  • Options

If it was then I will be beyond mad with EA. That's not on, to deprive us of a full sims experience just to make it easier for themselves to port over on other platforms is awful for the consumer. If that was their plan they should have dropped the price and communicated that they had no intention of a full sims PC experience.
    I don't know. I got told that source wasn't a valid one on forums. I really hope it's not true.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

I don't know. I got told that source wasn't a valid one on forums. I really hope it's not true.

We can't know until it actually happens anyway, no matter the source until the announcement it will always be speculation.
  • Options
    Im haing a what to do moment, while my partner has hust taken little tot to bed, anyone got any new story updates to keep me entertainmet for an hour ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top