Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    @Scobre Sometime there just are no words.

Hug1.jpg
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited May 2015
    Ugh. A thought I had today reminded me of why I want toddlers in Sims 4 so badly.

Sometimes, I like recreating my family in the Sims (mom and two daughters) and I usually start it with an adult, a child, and a toddler. Since Sims 4 has no toddlers, my "sister" would have to be an infant. But that doesn't feel right because I'm not that much older than my sister.

Child and teen would work, but I love the early family years/stages in the game, so it'd feel like I was missing out a little.

*sigh* I hope we get back toddlers soon.
    Post edited by KayeStar on
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Do you thuink its time my sim julian dumped his gf? He doesnt seem all that interested in going on dates with her or calling etc..... im debating for him to check out uni and see if he might find the one there, I really want him to settle down. Was kinda hoping hed find the one one his travels but no such luck, soon he will e an adult and times running out....
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sorry I'm feeling a bit sad now. My dad just got fired today and family friends we know in Hawaii, their daughter has cancer and it got caught late. So I don't think surgery or chemo will be possible for her. I'm just really sad about it all. I hope everyone is doing well.

@Scobre - So sorry for what your family is experiencing right now! I know it's like to lose someone to cancer. I hope some treatment can be found for her. Best wishes to your dad as well.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    @Scobre *hugs* at least your dad has a wonderful child like you to be there with him. Sending all my positive energy your way, because you deserve it >.<
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    @Scobre i have no idea what to say :disappointed:
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    @Scobre, I am very sad to hear of your family and friends news. My heart goes out to you all! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Please take good care of yourself during this stressful time.

I just had cataract surgery on both eyes on Monday and am recovering well. (They did both eyes, because I needed general anesthesia. Locals don't work on me.) At least I am now just going through one recovery instead of two.

I'm not currently playing any TS games. Mostly reading mystery novels and playing Big Fish games. I miss The Sims a lot. I really hope TS4 becomes something I would enjoy playing. It's rough not having a fix for my addiction. /sigh

Belated congrats on 600+ pages!!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    angl2005151angl2005151 Posts: 149 Member
    Sorry I'm feeling a bit sad now. My dad just got fired today and family friends we know in Hawaii, their daughter has cancer and it got caught late. So I don't think surgery or chemo will be possible for her. I'm just really sad about it all. I hope everyone is doing well.

Awh big hug for you!!
    Nicole's Sims Story's
    www.nicolesimsstories.weebly.com

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Mylita wrote: »
    @Scobre, I am very sad to hear of your family and friends news. My heart goes out to you all! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Please take good care of yourself during this stressful time.

I just had cataract surgery on both eyes on Monday and am recovering well. (They did both eyes, because I needed general anesthesia. Locals don't work on me.) At least I am now just going through one recovery instead of two.

I'm not currently playing any TS games. Mostly reading mystery novels and playing Big Fish games. I miss The Sims a lot. I really hope TS4 becomes something I would enjoy playing. It's rough not having a fix for my addiction. /sigh

Mylita

I'm glad to hear of your recovery. Do you have TS2: Ulitmate Collection? I find that fixes my addiction quite nicely. A light really is fading on here if you are no longer playing any TS game.

You've been here since I joined. You're also the reason I sign my posts rather than have a siggy.

--T
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

*Sniffs @SimGuruLyndsay *
    (Gollum voice) Is it the precious I smell, do i smell precious toddlers?

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    @Scobre
    Awww *giant hugs* I'm not letting go so you bettter get used to me
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    @Scobre

Bon becomes a fashion accessory :P
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Mylita wrote: »

Mylita

@Mylita I am so glad you are recovering well, I hope it continues that way! :) I had time off the sims for a while too after 4. I started to worry it was my 'fault' I didnt like it and that maybe I had moved on. Then I played TS2 and the love was there from the first second. So don't give up hope, hopefully this popular thread will give them real pause for thought :) at least @SimGuruLyndsay and @SimGuruBChick seem to care :)
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    clover24 wrote: »
    Do you thuink its time my sim julian dumped his gf? He doesnt seem all that interested in going on dates with her or calling etc..... im debating for him to check out uni and see if he might find the one there, I really want him to settle down. Was kinda hoping hed find the one one his travels but no such luck, soon he will e an adult and times running out....

I say dump the bimbo *kidding sort of lol* Uni sounds great, he may find the sim of his dreams while he gets that education., :D

Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    @JaciJade lol.... done it, there is plenty more fish in the sea for my Sim ;)
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    marcellala wrote: »

@Scobre I didn't mean you!!!!! Not even someone who participates in this thread! I just don't want to call out the person so i won't say who s/he was.
    I know you didn't mean me. Sorry I'm a bit of a tease. So hard to fake serious sometimes.
    @Gruffman Thank you. Yeah I have my mom and brother to go with, so we have 3 days planned out. I have to exercise for my health, so it's pretty good motivation. Not exercising with fibromyalgia can just make me feel more sore, so I've had to try to break out of that cycle.

Not too much exciting except for the social worker trying to take away another baby from me. *Shakes fist* I just went back and reloaded my save game before social worker came by. But I am enjoying the challenge of just trying to raise a baby in the Sims again.

Picture of the Newbies sleeping with baby in the room right now.
    Newbie_1_0038_zpsrlirtxwq.jpg

Congrats on the 600th page everyone.

Hey @Scobre
    Have you considered yoga? I could see were you might benefit more from the gentle stretching rather than the more physically intense gym routines and equipment.

kim :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member

@Scobre
    I am so sorry for your troubles and pain. Sending you a empathetic and sincere comforting hug.

:'(

kim

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    @Scobre

funny-woman-shower-Sims-game-costume1.jpg
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    @scobre I'm so sorry to hear that. *hugs* take whatever time you need
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    starguru wrote: »
    I’m so sorry to hear about the trials that you and your family are going through right now, @Scobre. I know it doesn’t mean much, but I can also empathize with what you’re going through financially since I’ve been there in recent times too, and we also just got the news last week that hubby’s mum has cancer for the third time. She beat the throat cancer years ago and was diagnosed last year with lung cancer; treatment was going well but then she started having seizures. A CT scan revealed she now has a very aggressive form of brain cancer, and the doctors have given her six months to live. It’s tough, and I hate the idea of anyone having to deal with something similar. Although I know I can’t offer much comfort, I’m sending my best thoughts out to you. *hugs*

And I just have to say, I really love the tone of this thread; how it is filled with both passion for the Sims series and compassion for one another as people. That’s what has kept me reading here—the sense of a community that truly cares. You are all wonderful. <3
    Oh dear. I had epilepsy as a child. Seizures are not fun at all and cause massive migraines afterwards. That's a bummer your mother-in-law has a time limit. It seems like the doctors told my family friend she can go at any time. I guess she went through a six hour surgery, so hopefully it went well. I'm trying to keep track of them on Facebook. Kind of hard since they live in Hawaii and I live on the mainland. If I could afford to fly to them tomorrow I would. Thank you @everyone for the hugs and support. It is a really lovely thread.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    trollnexus wrote: »
    @Scobre *hugs* at least your dad has a wonderful child like you to be there with him. Sending all my positive energy your way, because you deserve it >.<
    Technically I'm an adult still living at home sadly. :sweat_smile: But I try to be a good daughter to him. Thank you.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @WolfEyes Your pictures mean a lot. First one made me go awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Second one made me laugh, so thank you.

• Options
    Popped in to say hi and keep up the good fight. Glad to see this thread is still going strong and hope someday they listen to everyone!
    It's so great to see you again. It's been awhile. I hope you are doing well.
  • Options
    Hello everybody. Congrats on 600+ pages! This is a novel! I do check in on you now and again even if I don't always comment.

PS. Hugs to you @Scobre.
    Yeah sparkfairy1 is amazing keeping this thread going and monitoring it. Hoping to see the rugrats in the game before it reaches 1,000 pages hopefully. I probably showed you this video before, but I send it again because I remember you asking us what kind of family play we would like to see in our game. I tend to be kind of bad at expressing myself through words, so I guess best way to describe what my dream family play would be this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkxO2hrQFWA

Thank you for the hugs. Yeah I just wish I could be there more and help my dad and my friend in Hawaii. It's hard when people I really care about are going through rough times. My friends in Hawaii are like the Hawaiian version of my family and even though I met them at my high school graduation, they feel like family and we got really close to them and try to see them whenever finances and the timeshare allows us to. I really wish I could be there for them more than through communication methods. At least technology allows that, but it still doesn't feel the same as seeing them in person.
  • Options
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    Hey @Scobre
    Have you considered yoga? I could see were you might benefit more from the gentle stretching rather than the more physically intense gym routines and equipment.

kim :)
    I can't do yoga because of religious reasons, but I did find some fibromyalgia stretches which are helping. Seems like my mom said she'll somehow make it work so I can continue to go to the gym. I've started off slow with it and don't go beyond 10-30 pounds weights for now. Working out today did help a bit with moods for my brother and I. He's been looking for work as well and got denied one job offer. I'm looking into data entry jobs or tutoring. I actually do enjoy helping kids learn especially with math. I do like that help with homework is in the Sims 4. It's a cute interaction and helps bond the Sims a bit.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top