Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Scobre: Hugs.

@all: Hugs to all
    :) Smile!

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Hang in there, @Scobre. Also, I like the 'help with homework' interaction too.

Speedy recovery to you, @Mylita.

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Mylita wrote: »
    @Scobre, I am very sad to hear of your family and friends news. My heart goes out to you all! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Please take good care of yourself during this stressful time.

I just had cataract surgery on both eyes on Monday and am recovering well. (They did both eyes, because I needed general anesthesia. Locals don't work on me.) At least I am now just going through one recovery instead of two.

I'm not currently playing any TS games. Mostly reading mystery novels and playing Big Fish games. I miss The Sims a lot. I really hope TS4 becomes something I would enjoy playing. It's rough not having a fix for my addiction. /sigh

Belated congrats on 600+ pages!!

Mylita
    Thank you and wow that's good you are having a good recovery with that surgery. I hope you are able to see better soon. My dog has cataracts so probably a bit different for dogs. I love mystery novels and Big Fish games. I hope you are enjoying them. Well if ever you return to the Sims 4 if it improves, the loading screens are a bit easier on the eyes now. There is virtual families on Big Fish you might enjoy while you are recovering. Just remember to pause in that game before you quit it for the day otherwise the virtual people start aging and dying.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    trollnexus wrote: »
    @Scobre *hugs* at least your dad has a wonderful child like you to be there with him. Sending all my positive energy your way, because you deserve it >.<
    Technically I'm an adult still living at home sadly. :sweat_smile: But I try to be a good daughter to him. Thank you.

I meant child as in your relationship to him XD I'm sorry about that; I know you're not a kid >.< And hey, there's nothing sad about being an adult living at home with your dad; I still live with my parents, and most people here in Hawaii live with their parents. Rent ain't cheap, y'know? So no shame in that. At least it means you get to be near him in his time of need.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    This is the family I wanted to create in Sims 4 that I can't.

17525289260_0b4dfd6890_o.jpg

Now, that reminds me of my family. Jeez. Is it weird to get nostalgia from your own sims?

I didn't have much time to play tonight, so I couldn't do a lot with them, but I had enough time for what I wanted to.

A little sisterly time together. (Peek-a-boo, and tickling)

17525012998_e86e75f6b6_o.jpg

17090314974_55d6abc299_o.jpg

17525288810_dfd5d81646_o.jpg

And the older daughter got into private school! Okay, I cheated. Yeah, getting them into private school the "right" way is the one thing I could never do. But the mom had a wish to get her oldest into private school, so I let her have it.

17712836265_e113e11d40_o.jpg

17092503113_35a150195c_o.jpg

I'll show more later, but I've really got to get to bed. Going hiking with a group and I've got to meet up with them early.

And again, best wishes to you and your family's situation, @Scobre.

@Mylita, I hope you recover fast and well.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    @SweetieKaye : I was playing TS2 recently and was actually screaming at my computer screen because the Headmaster was visiting to get a household full of kids into private school and the one person that knew how to cook well kept trying to go to sleep while cooking and burning everything! But he got that lobster served right when the time was about to run out. Lucky save~

@Scobre : I'm praying for you and your family.

@Mylita : I hope you have a smooth recovery! Eye surgeries can be really scary...my eyesight's already pretty bad (at age 23), but I'm too afraid to get any kind of surgery for them because I always worry about something going wrong. ;A; Either way, it's wonderful that it went well for you! May your sight be bright and unhindered!! <3
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    ACT FOUR
    THE SEARCH

We left off with Quinto after he hastily proposed to Golluma, who said no ....
    date%209k_zpsln9qm6d7.jpg

pt%20_zpsr04bhx22.jpg
    Quinto, feeling the rejection from Golluma ran away from her in the park, leaving the fair Miss Golluma Fabulous alone with her thoughts. It wasn't as if she didn't have feeling for him, but she felt torn and now, Quinto was gone. In truth, he really didn't know where he was going, all he knew is that he needed to run and run as far away as he could. Shortly thereafter, Golluma went back to the house that Quinto owned ...

The house was empty, Quinto wasn't there.
    pt%209%20c_zpsariano2q.jpg
    She waited for him in the foyer, she waited for hours and still no Quinto. She tried to send him a text, but she never got an answer from him.

pt%209%20d_zpscqwqmcn0.jpg
    She went into the kitchen and made herself something to eat. He has to come home soon, she thought ... where else is there for him to go? The long hours of silence began to wear on her nerves and she wondered if this is how Quinto had felt in that house all alone after his parents had died and his siblings had long ago moved out. For the first time in her young life, she didn't even feel like talking to herself ....

pt%202_zpsoccinf5o.jpg
    The plants in his make-shift garden were slowly withering and dying now from neglect. In some ways, she felt the same. She never had tended a garden before and felt a little overwhelmed as to even where to start. Golluma always figured that someone else would be there to do such work, she was Fabulous after all ... do Fabulous people even do yard work like this?

pt%203_zpsjkifbcio.jpg
    It was so ironic for Golluma, finding herself surrounded by all the finest things that simoleans could possibly buy, and yet now all those things didn't bring happiness. Wandering around the big empty house, she finally noticed something not quite right ....

pt%209%20m_zpscs9wzgf7.jpg
    The teleporter was flashing on, with coordinates set for the planet Sixam. Did Quinto return home ... back to where his ancestors came ... there was only one way for Golluma to find out ... she was off to Sixam.

pt%204_zpstt9guw6h.jpg
    And it was there, she found Quinto, surrounded by strange alien plants.

pt%205_zpsewsyxyxe.jpg
    Not really sure what to say, she finally walked up to him and stood by and no words were said. Finally she felt compelled to speak. 'Quinto, as much as I would love to marry you, I can't live in your world. Everything there is so perfect, standard ... so boring. I can't live there. We can live in a castle, a bunker below ground ... I can't be a Stepford wife in a sterile house'. Quinto was silent. Finally he said, 'We can move. Anywhere you want. I don't care where, as long as I am with you.'

pt%207_zpsqkyomodx.jpg
    And before Quinto had a chance to react, he found himself in her arms. 'You would give up your family home, everything you have ... for me?"

pt%206_zpsk4kqeayp.jpg
    And with that, Quinto followed Golluma back to his safe ... and boring home. 'I won't give her the chance to say no again.'. Lets go look at new houses, Golluma. We can go wherever you might want.'. And so, they were off, but it was the same no matter where they went.

pt%209%20e_zpsvwqdlfht.jpg
    Hate it.

pt%209%20f_zpsddebnhct.jpg
    OMG no.

pt%209%20g_zpsqrk8tgzh.jpg
    You can't be serious.

pt%209%20h_zps0pqgoswq.jpg
    *yawn*.

pt%209%20i_zpsddwgtyvo.jpg
    And then finally, Quinto was shocked.

pt%209%20j%20k%20fun_zpssvtwuupv.jpg
    'It is perfect Quinto!, absolutely perfect.'. And poor Quinto was confused. After spending the whole day looking at random houses he didn't know why this house was THE ONE. And so, he asked why here ... 'Oh, the lot is perfect. We are going to tear this hideous frame down and build new.'. Quinto was in shock. 'This house dates back to the beginning of Oasis Springs. I can't even tell you which generation of my ancestors lived here. It is like a landmark ... I mean, it is before we found a way to have pools and basements. You ... tear it down?!?'.

pt%209%20j_zpsux5dtnhg.jpg
    'Yes. We will start construction tomorrow.' And with that, her eyes began to glaze over ... 'Anything I want. It will be stunningly Fabulous!;.
    Later on that same night.
    pt%20n_zpswoev4xqz.jpg
    Golluma got a good look at Quintos physique ... and well ...

pt%209%20l_zpszzxlfsrp.jpg
    One thing led to another .... And soon ....

pt%209_zpsgp6nlgns.jpg
    'Oh my ... Quinto, you weren't kidding ... that was your first time wasn't it.'
    'It was. It was so great ... '
    'No ... no it wasn't.'
    And even later later on that night ...
    pt%209%20a_zpsvnrh0kq4.jpg
    Poor Golluma felt a little off and had the urge to run to the bathroom ....
    pt%209%20b_zpsr22ukaeq.jpg

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Eek exciting. Golluma is expecting.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    ACT FOUR

*gasp* so exciting :blush:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    @Gruffman I love that chapter, please continue soon........
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Thank you all. Glad you like the latest act. Golluma is the first time I have played an insane sim for Sims4. I like it ... she is very ... animated.
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    @Gruffman that is definitely one trait they got down perfectly, the best so far out of them....... animated is a great way to describe Golluma.
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Lol @Gruffman it's perfect xD I like the awkward moments!
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Someone believes he discovered they are planning on bringing out way more SPs than GPs and EPs combined. That's totally stupid in my opinion. Stuff is not what this game needs. But it's easier and cheaper to produce, so i wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=555346
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    @Gruffman
    Aww that is so cute! I feel so excited <.< I can't wait for me :)
    Do you guys know if you get a tombstone in a rotational game for one of your played families if you don't have been around during the death of the member in question? I'm searching for the tombstone everywhere to prevent the ghost from getting culled. I might have to gedt the mod, but i really don't want to :(
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    Do you guys know if you get a tombstone in a rotational game for one of your played families if you don't have been around during the death of the member in question? I'm searching for the tombstone everywhere to prevent the ghost from getting culled. I might have to gedt the mod, but i really don't want to :(

I've read if you are not currently on the lot where the sim dies then no, you will not get a tombstone.

--T
    To7m wrote: »

I've read if you are not currently on the lot where the sim dies then no, you will not get a tombstone.

--T

Thank you for the quick answer. That would make her very likely to get culled next Thursday, wouldn't it?
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited May 2015
    @Gruffman What a terrific episode! I am very happy that Golluma liked Quinto's buff bod!! If I ever buy Sims4 I hope you have put him in the market or whatever it is called. :wink: I can't wait to see the house she and Quinto build!!

I have a few of my family photos to share. First is my legacy founder Nick preggers. I hope the last time from his most recent abduction. He really ballooned up and my hubby came by and saw poor Nick waddling and predicted triplets again. He was close twins. Kev and Finn.

17546586279_90e2eca058_z.jpg

This is Finn with the laundry gnome.
    17546585449_9c3487e8df_z.jpg

This is Kev with an exhausted Nick.
    17706527896_a5352e5477_z.jpg

The whole family minus the horses and the cat is hiding in there somewhere.
    17545070688_d3155cfb1d_z.jpg

edited to fix captions
  • angl2005151angl2005151 Posts: 149 Member
    Hello everyone!
    How's it going?
    I haven't been commenting much, because I've been very busy with work and a colleague of me passed away last week. So gaming wasn't really on my mind :(
    Then when I wanted to sim again last thursday the game crashed and I had to make clean game. When I redownloaded all my store items and started my game again, I still miss several things and I just can't find them anymore, like Lily's hair. So next time I can update and show you Lily's newborn (generation 10 :D), you'll notice she will have a different haircut ;)

Hope everyone is well <3
    Nicole's Sims Story's
    www.nicolesimsstories.weebly.com

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Looks like I've missed heartache and sadness while I haven't been here the last day or so :/

I've been looking everywhere for this particular video, I thought it might make some of you family players smile - finally found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=839sF-RdvcI&amp;feature=youtu.be
  • WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    @WolfEyes Your pictures mean a lot. First one made me go awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Second one made me laugh, so thank you.

Mission accomplished! ;)

You're welcome sweetie. :smiley:
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    To7m wrote: »

--T

Thank you for the quick answer. That would make her very likely to get culled next Thursday, wouldn't it?

Most likely, I'm afraid.

--T
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @angl2005151 I'm sorry to hear about your sad news, but I'm glad you are here to share *big cuddles*
    @elanorbreton that video is wonderful :)
    @bekkasan great update! That's a huge family! Exactly like my own saves tend to be! I can't help it :)
    @Gruffman fun update :) look forward to seeing their future :)

Thank you so much everyone for being so wonderful and kind, you really do shine here and it's so nice compared to elsewhere here ;)

I briefly played my new legacy save last night and will try to update you later when I'm on my pc :) I'm really enjoying it :)
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys!
    Just wanted to share an update about my favourite family in rotational play. The Coopers.

14c6s6b.png
    Fourth gen has just been born! They are now officially the longest i have played a family in TS4.

2nber9i.png
    Meet Reed Cooper. Skin is slightly darker blue than those of the last two generations.

2qxbx9c.png
    Meet Brynlee Cooper.She is the first "normal" sim in the family since her greatgrandpa Leonard founded the family! Her mother looks slightly more enthusiastic showing her off compared to showing off Reed (favouritism?!).

677imq.png
    Their grandma Ally looks a little too young to be honest.

I don't know the gender of the babies since i'm not familiar with their first names, but i guess Reed is a boy and Brynlee is a girl. I missed the birth because Tally (their mother) hates children and was tense through the whole pregnancy and that was annoying. I did not give her that trait by the way.
    They are also the fourth set of twins born in this family compared to only two single children (and one of them is technically also a multiple, but that's complicated). I wish it was rarer in this game.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top