The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    celticbardcelticbard Posts: 180 Member
    So the inevitable happened and I did go to my local E.R. yesterday. I was there from about 11:30 AM to 4:00 AM. My dad, (who works there and fortunately knows a lot of the staff members) went with me. I suppose the outcome was half-half. The doctors/nurses were extremely kind, sympathetic and obliging. They basically offered to do whatever needed to be done (short of anything dangerous, of course!) to help me out. We tried the I.V. form of the meds I have at home. That really didn’t work. Then we tried this new med I heard about that doesn’t really help the symptoms, but will calm a person down and let them rest so that the physical symptoms aren’t so overwhelming. That really didn’t work either. I was going to stay overnight for observation, but decided that I would be much more comfortable and probably better off in my own bed. They did manage to hydrate me though, which made me feel a little better. Today I’m not in that much pain, luckily, my stomach is just bothering me somewhat, which is typical. So overall, not a bad experience. I don’t know whether or not my time at the E.R. will break the flare, but I think it was probably a good idea to go anyway. It never hurts to try. And of course, I appreciate everyone here who supported me and especially @rosemow for giving me that little push I needed to get out the door and actually go to the hospital. :)

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well! Best wishes to all my fellow simmers!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,763 Member
    celticbard wrote: »
    So the inevitable happened and I did go to my local E.R. yesterday. I was there from about 11:30 AM to 4:00 AM. My dad, (who works there and fortunately knows a lot of the staff members) went with me. I suppose the outcome was half-half. The doctors/nurses were extremely kind, sympathetic and obliging. They basically offered to do whatever needed to be done (short of anything dangerous, of course!) to help me out. We tried the I.V. form of the meds I have at home. That really didn’t work. Then we tried this new med I heard about that doesn’t really help the symptoms, but will calm a person down and let them rest so that the physical symptoms aren’t so overwhelming. That really didn’t work either. I was going to stay overnight for observation, but decided that I would be much more comfortable and probably better off in my own bed. They did manage to hydrate me though, which made me feel a little better. Today I’m not in that much pain, luckily, my stomach is just bothering me somewhat, which is typical. So overall, not a bad experience. I don’t know whether or not my time at the E.R. will break the flare, but I think it was probably a good idea to go anyway. It never hurts to try. And of course, I appreciate everyone here who supported me and especially @rosemow for giving me that little push I needed to get out the door and actually go to the hospital. :)

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well! Best wishes to all my fellow simmers!

Hello @celticbard . It was best that you went to the ER for the medical staff to try to help you and relieve some of the pain. It was good that the doctors and nurses were caring, supportive and kind to you in trying to find ways of helping you. The treatment may not have helped at the time, but you may start to feel some benefit from it now. It was a good idea to come home to your own bed to get some sleep. Rest and sleeping , particularly in our familiar home surroundings, can help when in pain and feeling sick. It gives our bodies a time to try to rest and eases the strains and pressures put on it caused by the health issues.
    I am glad that you are not in as much pain today. I am sorry that your stomach issues though continue on.
    I send big hugs to you <3 and will keep you in my thoughts in the days ahead. Thankyou for letting us know how you have been going.
  • Options
    OhGrimmyOhGrimmy Posts: 166 Member
    This thread seems interesting. Im currently using computer games to cope with a 3 year battle with an eating disorder that stemmed from an abusive relationship and has recently resulted in me losing my ability to walk due to muscle deterioration. Being stuck in bed and in a wheelchair, completely dependent on my family and current boyfriend is really hard to cope with so maybe I can share some storys here and talk to people who can offer support. Ill start by introducing myself, everyone just calls me Grim, or Grimmy, and im 25. Hello everyone.
    PeJvo26.png
    OrginID = OhGrimmy
    Currently playing: Sims4, Ark and Black Desert Online.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    OhGrimmy wrote: »
    This thread seems interesting. Im currently using computer games to cope with a 3 year battle with an eating disorder that stemmed from an abusive relationship and has recently resulted in me losing my ability to walk due to muscle deterioration. Being stuck in bed and in a wheelchair, completely dependent on my family and current boyfriend is really hard to cope with so maybe I can share some storys here and talk to people who can offer support. Ill start by introducing myself, everyone just calls me Grim, or Grimmy, and im 25. Hello everyone.
    Hello, Grimmy. *hugs* I'm sorry to hear about your struggle, and I hope that the loss of your ability to walk is only temporary, and that you can soon overcome this eating disorder.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    Hello, Grimmy. *hugs* I'm sorry to hear about your struggle, and I hope that the loss of your ability to walk is only temporary, and that you can soon overcome this eating disorder.

Im hoping it is as well. I got a physical therapist to come out to my house once but the company he was contracted by went under last week and im currently looking for a new one. I cant wait to be on my feet again, much less to enjoy the foods i once loved. I think the hardest part is knowing how widely misunderstood this kind of disorder is and how my loved ones will never understand why its taken me so long to overcome it. Its like a weight on my chest, but maybe I can make some friends here to help me cope while I sim it up. Im currently reinstalling my game to fix a bug , hoping it works soon cuz Im so bored.
    PeJvo26.png
    OrginID = OhGrimmy
  • Options
    This thread seems interesting. Im currently using computer games to cope with a 3 year battle with an eating disorder that stemmed from an abusive relationship and has recently resulted in me losing my ability to walk due to muscle deterioration. Being stuck in bed and in a wheelchair, completely dependent on my family and current boyfriend is really hard to cope with so maybe I can share some storys here and talk to people who can offer support. Ill start by introducing myself, everyone just calls me Grim, or Grimmy, Hello everyone.

Hello @OhGrimmy I send big hugs to you <3 You are going through hard times in your life. It is not nice that the effects of your struggle with an eating disorder has resulted in muscle deterioration and has caused you to need to remain in bed and a wheelchair. An encouragement light in the midst of your health issues is that you have your caring family and boyfriend who are supporting you in all your day by day health needs and issues involve. It can be hard when you are reliant on others. Try to remember that your loved ones love you, they care about you, and they want to help you as best as they can. As they support you through this time, they are doing it because they love you and want the very best for you.
    Simming is a great way of taking a break from real life and all that life is involving . It helps out minds to focus on other things, and is fun and enjoyable at the same time. Simming helps to relax our minds and bodies.
    You are very welcome to post in the thread whenever you would like to. We care very much about what you are going through in your life.
    I send another hug to you <3
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    This thread seems interesting. Im currently using computer games to cope with a 3 year battle with an eating disorder that stemmed from an abusive relationship and has recently resulted in me losing my ability to walk due to muscle deterioration. Being stuck in bed and in a wheelchair, completely dependent on my family and current boyfriend is really hard to cope with so maybe I can share some storys here and talk to people who can offer support. Ill start by introducing myself, everyone just calls me Grim, or Grimmy, Hello everyone.

Hello @OhGrimmy I send big hugs to you <3 You are going through hard times in your life. It is not nice that the effects of your struggle with an eating disorder has resulted in muscle deterioration and has caused you to need to remain in bed and a wheelchair. An encouragement light in the midst of your health issues is that you have your caring family and boyfriend who are supporting you in all your day by day health needs and issues involve. It can be hard when you are reliant on others. Try to remember that your loved ones love you, they care about you, and they want to help you as best as they can. As they support you through this time, they are doing it because they love you and want the very best for you.
    Simming is a great way of taking a break from real life and all that life is involving . It helps out minds to focus on other things, and is fun and enjoyable at the same time. Simming helps to relax our minds and bodies.
    You are very welcome to post in the thread whenever you would like to. We care very much about what you are going through in your life.

@rosemow thanks for the kind words of encouragement. Its been such a struggle i feel sometimes they think its all too much to handle but I think were all just taking it in stride. Hopefully soon I can back into therapy and work on getting back on my feet. Thats my shortest goal right now, is to be out of the wheelchair again. Also thanks for the tips in my other thread, Im reinstalling now, hopefully it works cuz the bug has been driving me crazy lol.
    PeJvo26.png
    OrginID = OhGrimmy
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

@rosemow thanks for the kind words of encouragement. Its been such a struggle i feel sometimes they think its all too much to handle but I think were all just taking it in stride. Hopefully soon I can back into therapy and work on getting back on my feet. Thats my shortest goal right now, is to be out of the wheelchair again. Also thanks for the tips in my other thread, Im reinstalling now, hopefully it works cuz the bug has been driving me crazy lol.

Hello,
    I hope that you will soon be able to have the therapy to help to bring strength back into your legs again so that you can walk, and will be able to not need to use the wheelchair. I am sorry that you are having the struggles with your eating disorder. It takes time to work through things. Try to take it a day by day at a time, a step by step, as you work along with the medical staff who want the best for you and your health.
    I also hope that the reinstalling of your game will fix up your games issue. It is not good when we get glitches in our games that stop us from playing and enjoying simmimg.
  • Options
    Yay reinstalling worked! Its time for me to take my potassium so im going to start a new game and get my simmies up and going again, ill be back. =]
    PeJvo26.png
    OrginID = OhGrimmy
  • Options
    Yay reinstalling worked! Its time for me to take my potassium so im going to start a new game and get my simmies up and going again, ill be back. =]

It is great that reinstalling helped the issue! :) I hope that you enjoy starting the new game and have fun simmimg!
  • Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    Wow, this is the first time I hear about this thread and I just wanted to say, even though I'm doing fine, I'm so happy that you were kind enough to create something like that in here; I know some people could really use more support in their lives so thank you for this thread @rosemow :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Also, to anyone who might need help, I'm here and you can count on me for anything <3
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    Wow, this is the first time I hear about this thread and I just wanted to say, even though I'm doing fine, I'm so happy that you were kind enough to create something like that in here; I know some people could really use more support in their lives so thank you for this thread @rosemow :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Also, to anyone who might need help, I'm here and you can count on me for anything <3

Hello @wickedangell666 . Thankyou very much for your kind words about the thread.
    Thankyou also for your caring thoughtfulness to offer help and support to simmers going through hard times <3
  • Options
    @OhGrimmy *hugs* I'm glad the reinstall worked. :) Hopefully things go well for you today.
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    KiGi2MF.jpg?1
    Hello to everyone :)
    Sending flowers to everyone as you walk along your pathway through life. For those people going through hard times in your journey along life's pathway, I send hugs <3
  • Options
    huskylove210huskylove210 Posts: 447 Member
    Okay, my problem isn't nearly as bad as everyone else's but I'm still going to post it.
    My brother is going to go to college soon. I only have one other sibling, and that's my older brother. Me and him are very close. I mean sure we have sibling arguments and he calls me a brat all the time but we love each other. So, he was telling my parents what collages he applied for and most of them where out of state... If he get's accepted to the one's out of state, I don't know what I'm going to do. I wouldn't be able to see him for... how many years? I don't think I could cope with that. He's not going to college right now and right away, but I don't know how to deal with not seeing my brother for over a year. He's five years older than me so it's not like I can drive there or anything. In fact, I won't even be out of school when he GRADUATES college! What am I going to do?! :fearful:
    anigif_enhanced-23112-1413395667-10.gif

• Options
    Okay, my problem isn't nearly as bad as everyone else's but I'm still going to post it.
    My brother is going to go to college soon. I only have one other sibling, and that's my older brother. Me and him are very close. I mean sure we have sibling arguments and he calls me a brat all the time but we love each other. So, he was telling my parents what collages he applied for and most of them where out of state... If he get's accepted to the one's out of state, I don't know what I'm going to do. I wouldn't be able to see him for... how many years? I don't think I could cope with that. He's not going to college right now and right away, but I don't know how to deal with not seeing my brother for over a year. He's five years older than me so it's not like I can drive there or anything. In fact, I won't even be out of school when he GRADUATES college! What am I going to do?! :fearful:

Hello @huskylove210 . It is nice that you and your brother are close. He has an exciting new stage coming up in his life when he soon starts college. You and your brother have always been together in your family, and because you are younger than him, he has been in your life from the day you were born. Because of this it is very understandable that you will miss him when you are apart when he goes to college. At the same time, there are many ways to remain in touch. You can use Skype to be in touch, or Facebook, or text or email or phone. Even though he will be not be present in person, the bond that you share as brother and sister will never ever be broken. You will both be still thinking of each other and wanting to know how each of you are going and what you are doing. He will still come home for visits whilst at college and you and your family will be able to visit him. Try talking over with your brother how you are feeling. He will help to reassure you that not being physically at home won't alter that he will still care about you and will remain in touch. He will still come home for visits and see you. It will be extra special and nice times when he visits, and at all the other times you can text and call him.
    I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    @huskylove210 *hugs* There is always the possibility that, while he's on break, he could come down to see you guys. Or perhaps you could skype him when he's not in class?
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    Hello everyone :)

I just wanted to pop by to update you on how I am. A few weeks ago I had a few issues, worries, pains but sadly that's all part of the ASD and will never really stop. I have to learn to live and cope with all the effects the ASD gives me - but life is currently good :) I'm moving forward with my singing, which hopefully in the next three years will take off and then I'll be performing on stages and releasing my own albums :)
    To start with I want to sing covers on YouTube and release "YouTube albums" but in time I want to start writing my own songs, but we'll see how that goes :)

I know getting there to the "top" will be hard, but singing is a really big passion of mine and I hope as I go forward with this dream and adventure that my two idols Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson will be smiling down on me and guiding me throughout the whole of it :) I hope so anyway.

I know this isn't a problem, but I just wanted to update you on how I am doing. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post it :)

I hope you are all doing really well :) Have a wonderful day.

Hugs <3

Matthew.
  • Options
    Sennie wrote: »
    Hello everyone :)

I just wanted to pop by to update you on how I am. A few weeks ago I had a few issues, worries, pains but sadly that's all part of the ASD and will never really stop. I have to learn to live and cope with all the effects the ASD gives me - but life is currently good :) I'm moving forward with my singing, which hopefully in the next three years will take off and then I'll be performing on stages and releasing my own albums :)
    To start with I want to sing covers on YouTube and release "YouTube albums" but in time I want to start writing my own songs, but we'll see how that goes :)

I know getting there to the "top" will be hard, but singing is a really big passion of mine and I hope as I go forward with this dream and adventure that my two idols Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson will be smiling down on me and guiding me throughout the whole of it :) I hope so anyway.

I know this isn't a problem, but I just wanted to update you on how I am doing. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post it :)

I hope you are all doing really well :) Have a wonderful day.

Hugs <3

Matthew.

Hello @Sennie . Thankyou very much for updating us on how you are going <3 The effects of you having ASD will be a part of your day by day. You will have good days and other not as good days. Try to take a day by day. You have many simmimg friends who are supporting you as you live with your health issues, are caring about how you are feeling and we all want the very best for you. When times feel harder than at other times, keep remembering that you have many friends that are keeping you in their thoughts.
    Your singing plans sound very exciting! Your plan to sing covers and produce YouTube albums sounds great! When we do things that we have a passion for, it shines through all that we do. When people watch/listen to your singing videos they will see the enjoyment that you receive from singing and the resulting videos will be doubly special. Your plans to write your own songs sounds great! It will combine your enjoyment of singing and writing together. It is a very special journey and adventure pathway that you are travelling on. It will contain many special times. It is good to make plans for the time ahead. It helps to work towards things ahead.
    You are very welcome to post here in this thread whenever you would like too. I am glad that life is going good for you currently.
    I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    skfmyersskfmyers Posts: 159 Member
    And... I got my first D of the semester today! :angry: the subject is english and I have less than a month to bring my grade up to at least a C... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!

I haven't been on the boards for a while, so this might be too little too late, but I was an English tutor for many years (although not so much lately). If you ever have any questions or need any help, please feel free to message me any time.

"The worst is not, So long as we can say 'This is the worst.'" - Wm. Shakespeare, King Lear, Act IV Scene 1
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Well, I didn't really think of putting my accident tale here:

I suffer from really bad dizzy spells and doctors haven't don't know what's causing them. I never know when they will come on. I just start getting really dizzy to the point where I can't even stand still without having to kneel down to keep from falling over.

March 5 - I was "dog-sitting" my older sister's dogs (Great Dane "Byron"and Australian Shepherd"Tizzy") while she, her husband, a their kids were at Disney-world. Well the 5th was second day of dog-sitting and I started feeling disoriented. However with about 11 acres of wooded area nearby I didn't want to leave the two goofs by themselves As I headed to a grassy area to sit, Tizzy brought over a stick. Ok, I thought I give it a throw and go sit down and I threw the stick... with disastrous results! I desperately tried to catch myself, but I hit the ground so hard, my glasses and one of my shoes came off!

I laid there for a moment to feel for anything broke. My lip was bleeding like crazy. Luckily, The dogs came in -instead of goofing off. After cleaning it, I used paper towels and napkins to hold my lip with. My first thing I did was call mom, in VA Beach (2 hrs away). She said to call 911 and she'd meet me at the hospital.

My younger sister helped me finish with the dog-sitting. :)

Turns out I DID break something: My bottom jaw has a fracture, and I'm forced to swallow (not eat) my food for 6 weeks! :( (down to 4 as of now :) )Chewing might cause the fracture to break!

While I hate having a busted jaw, I don't regret playing with the dogs - even though it was only one throw! :)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Well, I didn't really think of putting my accident tale here:

I suffer from really bad dizzy spells and doctors haven't don't know what's causing them. I never know when they will come on. I just start getting really dizzy to the point where I can't even stand still without having to kneel down to keep from falling over.

March 5 - I was "dog-sitting" my older sister's dogs (Great Dane "Byron"and Australian Shepherd"Tizzy") while she, her husband, a their kids were at Disney-world. Well the 5th was second day of dog-sitting and I started feeling disoriented. However with about 11 acres of wooded area nearby I didn't want to leave the two goofs by themselves As I headed to a grassy area to sit, Tizzy brought over a stick. Ok, I thought I give it a throw and go sit down and I threw the stick... with disastrous results! I desperately tried to catch myself, but I hit the ground so hard, my glasses and one of my shoes came off!

I laid there for a moment to feel for anything broke. My lip was bleeding like crazy. Luckily, The dogs came in -instead of goofing off. After cleaning it, I used paper towels and napkins to hold my lip with. My first thing I did was call mom, in VA Beach (2 hrs away). She said to call 911 and she'd meet me at the hospital.

My younger sister helped me finish with the dog-sitting. :)

Turns out I DID break something: My bottom jaw has a fracture, and I'm forced to swallow (not eat) my food for 6 weeks! :( (down to 4 as of now :) )Chewing might cause the fracture to break!

While I hate having a busted jaw, I don't regret playing with the dogs - even though it was only one throw! :)

Hello @5782341b77vl l send big hugs to you! <3 It would have been so awful for you and so very painful when you fell and hit the ground! It is not good that you fractured your jaw. It would continue to be very painful and effect your eating of your food . It is not nice that you have needed to now swallow and not chew the food. I am glad that you had your younger sister there to assist you when you fell. It was good that your mother was able to meet up with you at the hospital and caringly support you as the medical staff treated you.
    It is not nice that you are undergoing dizzy spells in your day by day life. It requires you to be careful as you live your day by day, to try to avoid falling again. It would be tiring for you both needing to keep alert so as not to fall as a result of your dizziness, as well as enduring through the effects of the injury to your jaw. Try to get rest and sleep when you need to. Resting and sleeping bring healing and renewal for our minds and bodies.
    I send more big hugs to you <3 and will keep you in my thoughts in the days and weeks ahead as your jaw is healing and you are living with the effects of the fall and injury on your day by day life.
  • Options
    @5782341b77vl *hugs* I'm glad that you got to play with the dogs, and at least it wasn't entirely broken. :) Hopefully it heals quickly.
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    I'm a mess today. I've been crying and I just can't stop worrying about my dad. For the past week he's been battling the flu and he just can't shake it off! He's got Type 2 Diabetes and I'm worried sick for him. I worry that he might pass away, or that something really bad will happen to him, maybe he'll end up in hospital or something like that. He's got a bad cough and a really bunged up nose and he's been feeling unwell because of it for just over a week now and I'm worried sick about him...He's not ill often and usually when he fights the flu it gets better within a few days and never usually lasts this long. I just don't know what to do.

It's things like this why I get suicidal thoughts, I haven't got any yet but I just wish all these nasty thoughts and the pain of seeing my dad so unwell just makes feel so dark...I don't know what to do to make him better and I don't know what to do to shake away these terrible thoughts...

Have any of you dealt with similar problems?

Matthew.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top