Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

๐Ÿก Cath's Creations ๐Ÿก

Comments

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Thank you for the very sweet comments @SerraNolwen! I think we were posting at the same time :p

Thanks about the Master bedroom! I always find it to be a real challenge to try and find items with colors that will go together nicely. (I hope!) It really was so much easier when we had the color wheel and could get everything to match exactly.

As for the plants around the hot tub, they're the hosta plants that came with "Cats and Dogs". I sized some of them down. They come in a bunch of different colors. I really do love them! I'm always happy when we get some new plants with a pack. :blush:
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Thanks for letting me know! We used to have hostas (didn't know if you called them that in English too) at my parents' home, so I was curious. There are a lot of really nice things in that EP.

I'm actually one of those weird people who don't miss the color wheel. Actually no, I do miss that, I just really don't miss being able to change textures and patterns. That was overwhelming. I always felt like things could be better and I could never quite get there.

Also that Christmas shack you just posted is so funny and cute!
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited December 2017
    Oh my gosh Cath, your Santa beach shack is so adorable! I'm jealous that in S4 you can make objects large or small, and can do different colored roofs too!

And love your Nutmeg Cottage as well, perfect name choice. The kids decor stuff is so cute.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited December 2017
    The exterior design and layout of Santaโ€™s Surf Shack looks very nice! :) Very nice tower roofing on the home, and it looks great that it is built on stilts. Very nice wraparound deck! The pink fencing on the edges of the deck gives a very nice look to the build. The front area of the build looks great with the large Christmas tree, different sizes of Sandy the Sandman, the gnomes , flamingos and the cute Surfing Santa! The footwear string lights, fishing nets, sufboards, life ring, neon bar sign and Christmas wreath look very nice on the exterior walls! Very nice open plan layout and furnishing of the interior of the Shack! The wooden wall texture and the blue/greeen colour of the windows looks very nice. Very nice double windows walls chess nook corner for sims to enjoy playing chess in the sunshine, and nice study desk area for sims to enjoy using the computer at the table. The flowers on the dining table are pretty for Sims to see when eating a meal. Very nice fireplace sitting area! The Christmas tree and presents in the corner nook, the festive wreath on the wall, and the candles and mini version of the new patch items look very nice! The Sims will like seeing them there as they relax and watch tv. The footwear string lights look great on the walls! It is nice how the screen shade separates off the bed area. The beach photos on the bedhead wall is a nice touch. Very nice kitchen nook! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the seats on the deck, enjoying the outdoors air. The fish under the boat on the wall looks great! The flowers and ladder of flowers look pretty. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating meals in the sunshine at the table, and enjoy having a drink from the bar. Nice gardening planters nook on the deck. It is great that there are pets items in the build.
    It is a very nice Christmas home build! :)
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Okay, I downloaded Crazy Santa Shop hehehe.... soooooo adorable!!!! LOVE the bright vivid kaleidoscope of colors. So unique and perfect.
    AND besides, Santa does his own thang. Yeah, that's right!! You go, girl <3<3<3

Nutmeg Cottage makes me want to curl up with a good book and a hot cup of cocoa. With marshmallows of course. Very Charming <3
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    Thank you for the sweet comments @SerraNolwen! I feel exactly the same about getting overwhelmed with the infinite choices for textures and patterns. It would always take me SO long to decide what I wanted to use in S3... but I really do wish we had the ability to tweak the colors in S4 just a bit. It's so annoying when they don't quite match.

Thank you so much for the lovely comments @Sandraelle! So lovely of you to stop by. :blush: Hopefully one of these days, you'll cave and give S4 a try again. :p There really are some cool features and techniques in the building area. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed, that you'll play someday. :blush:

Thank you so very much for your wonderful comments @rosemow! You are Very Much appreciated, my friend. :blush:<3

Hey ho Cassee! Thank you for your awesome comments! It's always a pleasure to hear from you. :blush:<3

And now I'm off to try and catch up somewhat, on this forum... Hope everyone has a nice week and is nearly ready for Christmas! :smile:
  • Options

Thank you so much for the lovely comments @Sandraelle! So lovely of you to stop by. :blush: Hopefully one of these days, you'll cave and give S4 a try again. :p There really are some cool features and techniques in the building area. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed, that you'll play someday. :blush:

You're welcome Cath. I want to sometimes but now I'm so behind on buying all the rest of the EP's and SP's and so busy doing Sims 3 requests, that I never make time to go back in, lol. I do like some of the new building techniques, but I would get annoyed that I can't match my colors perfectly. The other thing that's appealing is that the build/decorate time is so much quicker. But there's still hope, hehe.

• Options
    I'm counting on that *hope* to sway you, Sandra. :D I do have to agree about the matching thing or should I say, NOT matching... Sometimes it takes me forever, to find something that *kind of* goes together. It can be so frustrating.

If you do decide you want to play someday, keep an eye on the sales for the packs. I've seen some pretty good prices for them but I never wait for the sales. I grab them up as quick as they can put them out. :sweat_smile: I do think it would be overwhelming and pricey to have to try to buy everything at once. It horrifies me to think about all the money we've spent on these games, lol! Ah well, at least it keeps us out of trouble. :p
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    White Christmas
    5br, 4ba.
    Lot Size 40x30
    Cost: $438,329
    No CC

Gallery Link

I was hoping I'd have time to finish a Christmas build for this year. I will going in for some surgery on Dec. 21st, so I was a little pressed for time BUT, I managed to finish. :blush:

This home would suit a large family nicely with its five bedrooms and four baths. It's all decorated and ready for Christmas, both inside and out. Out back there's a nice outdoor kitchen and a big dining table. There's also a pool and hot tub, for the warmer seasons. It's both pet and kid friendly. :blush:

First, a few night pictures showing the exterior lighting:

12-18-17_11%253A24%253A09%25C2%25A0AM.png

12-18-17_11%253A24%253A17%25C2%25A0AM.png

12-18-17_9%253A51%253A25%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-18-17_9%253A52%253A37%25C2%25A0PM.png

Some daytime exterior shots:

12-18-17_9%253A22%253A08%25C2%25A0AM.png

12-18-17_9%253A22%253A26%25C2%25A0AM.png

12-18-17_9%253A22%253A51%25C2%25A0AM.png

12-18-17_9%253A23%253A19%25C2%25A0AM.png

12-18-17_9%253A23%253A33%25C2%25A0AM.png

Roof views and floor plans:

12-18-17_9%253A23%253A56%25C2%25A0AM.png

12-18-17_9%253A24%253A29%25C2%25A0AM.png

12-18-17_9%253A24%253A45%25C2%25A0AM.png

A few pictures of the landscape and backyard: :smile:

12-18-17_9%253A26%253A22%25C2%25A0AM.png

12-18-17_9%253A27%253A06%25C2%25A0AM.png

12-18-17_9%253A28%253A51%25C2%25A0AM.png

12-18-17_9%253A32%253A19%25C2%25A0AM.png

12-18-17_9%253A29%253A18%25C2%25A0AM.png

Interior pictures are in the spoiler, if you'd like to take a look:

12-17-17_9%253A16%253A03%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-17-17_9%253A17%253A10%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-17-17_9%253A20%253A22%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-17-17_9%253A20%253A59%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-17-17_9%253A22%253A13%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-17-17_9%253A22%253A39%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-17-17_9%253A22%253A52%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-17-17_9%253A24%253A04%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-17-17_9%253A24%253A20%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-17-17_9%253A25%253A19%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-17-17_9%253A25%253A30%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-17-17_9%253A26%253A12%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-17-17_9%253A27%253A00%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-17-17_9%253A27%253A23%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-17-17_9%253A28%253A17%25C2%25A0PM.png

12-17-17_9%253A28%253A29%25C2%25A0PM.png

And that's it! Thank you for stopping in for a look! :smile:

Merry Christmas to All and to All, A Good Night!

12-18-17_11%253A24%253A09%25C2%25A0AM.png

Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    White Christmas is a very pretty home! :) The exterior design of the home looks so very nice! Very nice white colour of the exterior walls and the lights on the exterior look so very pretty! Very nice design of the roofing! It is so very creatively designed! The roof top tower and awnings covered windows on it looks so very nice! It looks very nice how snow covers the ground. The wreaths are special festive touches on the windows. The flowers look very nice lining the edges of the front footpath and the nutcrackers look great either sides of the front steps! Very nice outdoors areas! The pool, bar and outdoors dining patio areas are very nice! The silvery white Christmas trees are pretty for Sims to see when swimming pool. Sims will enjoy relaxing poolside on the lounger. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and getting a drink from the bar, and enjoy eating and drinking at the umbrella covered tables.Nice hot tub nook for sims to relaxin the hot tub. The white lit trees are special touches in the build. Very nice furnishing of each of the rooms and areas of the interior! The designs and colour schemes of of the bedrooms look very nice! The Christmas tree in the master bedroom and the wreaths on the bedroom walls are nice festive touches. Very nice living room! The U shape of the sofas is nice for sims to enjoy sitting resting in front of the fire watching tv. The candles on the windows ledge and the Christmas tree in the corner looks very pretty! The grandfather clock is a homely touch. Very nice wall pattern in the dining room, and the flowers on the dining table are very nice for sins to see when eating a meal.
    It is a very nice family Christmas home! :) Sending a gentle hug to you as you have the operation and are recovering from it <3
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    White Christmas is absolutely stunning!! Congrats on Fav. So beautiful. AND, Oh my goodness. That's a lot of MOO lights.
    Incredible <3<3
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I love the White Christmas house! Especially the lights. A lot of work went into the whole thing!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    I'm counting on that *hope* to sway you, Sandra. :D I do have to agree about the matching thing or should I say, NOT matching... Sometimes it takes me forever, to find something that *kind of* goes together. It can be so frustrating.

If you do decide you want to play someday, keep an eye on the sales for the packs. I've seen some pretty good prices for them but I never wait for the sales. I grab them up as quick as they can put them out. :sweat_smile: I do think it would be overwhelming and pricey to have to try to buy everything at once. It horrifies me to think about all the money we've spent on these games, lol! Ah well, at least it keeps us out of trouble. :p

Oh oh know, not to mention all the money we've spent in the S3 store. But I should keep an eye out for the sales. Just as soon as buy more, they'll come out with S5, lol.

Not to bash S4, but why in the world do they not have garages??? That's just stupid, lol. (Sorry :# )

BTW, your Christmas House is beautiful!
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you so much for the lovely review and the Congrats, Rose! I hope you and your family have a most Wonderful Christmas! :blush:<3

@Cassee, Thank you for the sweet comment and congrats, Cass! It really was a TON of lights to do. I was kind of regretting that the house was so large, by the time I finished. :p

Thank you so much @joRN1414! Very sweet of you :blush:

@Sandraelle, Thank you for the lovely comment! I bet you're probably right about S5, lol :p I totally forgot about the amount of money I spent in the S3 store... I always wonder why we don't have a store in S4. It was such a Huge money maker in S3.

I guess we don't have garages in the game because we don't have any cars. How weird is that?! If someone wants to pretend to have a car in their build, they have to use a toy car and enlarge the heck out of it. I wonder why they did away with the car thing for S4?
  • Options
    NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    edited December 2017
    Well deserved congratulations @WrathofCath !! A lovely home, I especially like the interior, you shouldn't hide the interior pictures in spoilers they were too lovely haha. I especially liked the dining table and different hallways. And also how each br was tailored to a different age group very well! I am still partial to that amazing farmhouse though ;)

I know exactly what you mean about choosing to do something meticulous with moo but then getting exhausted by the scope of your choice haha. I imagine though that once you start you feel like it must be finished haha.

I have a feeling they got rid of the store to compel people go buy packs. I know for me I almost never bought packs on s3 and just bought what I wanted from the store. Now I feel like I should buy more packs just to get all the nice build items I keep seeing here haha.

I feel like the car thing was to limit lag. I do also find it annoying, I particularly enjoyed zooming around in a car in ts3. I must say though that ts4 is infinitely less laggy and building is way faster and less crashy haha. I admit though that I almost always put in a garage just for appearances. My latest build has a three car garage, don't ask me why lol! Picture below to demonstrate my insanity :#

2824426022169a8017573e7062faa329377124efaafc02498d274128133b65508d8b0feb.jpg
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Many congrats on your Maxis fav for White Christmas, this really is a very beautiful build. I love all the lights, very effective and the interiors are absolutely perfect for Christmas, wonderfully decorated, really like the dining table arrangement :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited December 2017
    @WrathofCath : What items did you use to make the chaise loungers in the backyard? I love them.

Plus, I laugh every time I look at the cat eyeballing the cabinet. You can just hear it thinking "I can make it to the top. I know I can!"
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited December 2017
    Congratulations on your White Christmas being faved by Maxis! It was a spectacularly festive build! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very fabulous! Love that complex shape and the lights all over the building. The roofing is very fabulous too and love the wreaths on windows. Your landscaping is so wonderful! Love the front garden and the Christmas trees. I also like the snow you did. The backyard is so wonderful as well! And your interior, so gorgeous! Love that festive color scheme you used, especially red. I also like the customized rug you did from kids' bedroom.
    I really love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and having a fresh new start to a New Year! :smiley:
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Hi Cath!

Always love to check out your builds. You know I digg your style :wink: I absolutely am in love with your Christmas shack for Santa! Everything from the style of the house, the colors and the interior... which is just absolutely perfectly rustic! :blush:

I wish you all the best for the new year!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    Nutmeg Cottage looks so pretty! It's a wonderful family home.

Santa's Surf Shack looks awesome! Love it!

I love victorian homes and White Christmas looks wonderful. I love how you did the exterior with all the lights and Christmas trees.
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Hey sweetie!

Just wanted to let you know that your cottage The Good Which has been showcased on the official The Sims twitter account.

You can find it here:

Well done you, that's a wonderful achievement, and well deserved! Made me smile seeing it come up on my feed :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    That's awesome they showed your Good With house on twitter. Congrats!
  • Options
    @Nore, Thank you so much for the congrats and awesome comments! Your build is Stunning! I Love how you have the third garage door partially open. Looks so cool! :blush:

@masajo, Thank you so very much for your most gracious comments and congrats, Christine! They are very much appreciated. :blush:

@joRN1414, I just used two items from the Base Game pack. The chair is *Pretty Sitter" and the ottoman is *Intimate Ottoman*. Thank you for the sweet comment! :smile:

@RyeCris16, So very nice to see you Ryan! Thank you for the wonderful comments and the congrats! Both are very much appreciated. :smile:
    Thank you also for the holiday wishes and I wish the very same for you, my sweet friend! :blush:<3

@Laebeth, Thank you so much for your awesome comments and for letting me know about twitter, Christine! I would never have known, if you didn't mention it because I don't use any of the social media stuff. I have enough trouble trying to keep up with the Gallery and this forum, lol! :p

@rosemow, Thank you so much for the sweet congrats, Rose! <3 It was a very nice surprise! :blush:

@illusie, Thank you very much for the wonderful comments and congrats wishes, Lusie! Very much appreciated. :blush: