Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This game is awful, Im bored!

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    mulboro wrote: »
    Yet another thread turned went off track and turned into a train wreck.
    Guess it served its purpose well enough..
    The purpose being a TS3 fan hatejerk to 4?

Its not just TS3 fans that are disappointed. I have loved every single sims game until this one.
    No, it's just that if you loved TS3 you're less likely to like the Sims 4.
    If you loved the TS2, couldn't get into the TS3 much you're more likely to like the Sims 4.
    There's a lot of proof that supports this too.

Still there are plenty of fans like me who loved them all...until 4! So this isnt purely a hate on 4 by 3 fans. Anyway I think that is pretty narrow minded saying any discontent or disappointment in 4 is 'hate'. I think its more likely indicative of a real love of the sims series and a desire to see it continue to do well and improve. You cannot say 4 is perfect. Its not, and EA admitted that anyway.

• Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member

Its not just TS3 fans that are disappointed. I have loved every single sims game until this one.
    If you loved the TS2, couldn't get into the TS3 much you're more likely to like the Sims 4.

That's not true. I loved TS2. I loved TS3. After playing TS3 i couldn't get back into TS2 cause of the open world and CASt but does that mean i loved TS2 less? No. I loved TS2 and TS3 equally both have its enjoyable features.

What proof? Its all a matter of personal taste and this "proof" is all an opinion at the end of the day.
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2014
    Sc3niX wrote: »

That's not true. I loved TS2. I loved TS3. After playing TS3 i couldn't get back into TS2 cause of the open world and CASt but does that mean i loved TS2 less? No. I loved TS2 and TS3 equally both have its enjoyable features.

What proof? Its all a matter of personal taste and this "proof" is all an opinion at the end of the day.
    BUT YOU LOVED TS3. And you couldn't get back into TS2 because of the closed world it had, that's proof enough to show that you probably wouldn't get into TS4. It's just that the majority of the people, from what i've seen ,who liked TS4 are people would couldn't get into TS3.
    If you played TS3 loved it, couldn't go back to TS2 but still thought it was good, you're less likely to like TS4, again, from what I've seen.
    You're also more likely to like TS4 if it's your first Sims game, that's just a given.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member

I feel the same. I never said i love only one sim, honstly speeking i even play Sims 2 and if i could sims 1 again, every sims was good and had its special, i also like Sims 4 but can't live with the missing content, i want my pool, i want more reason to leave the house like in Sims 2 you need to buy your Food in a grocery or via Food delivery. Thats missing in this Sims 4 Game now. I could go on what this Sims still missing i won't do this again, did already post in to many times.
  • Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Hmmm

33n7zgh.png
  • Options

I feel the same. I never said i love only one sim, honstly speeking i even play Sims 2 and if i could sims 1 again, every sims was good and had its special, i also like Sims 4 but can't live with the missing content, i want my pool, i want more reason to leave the house like in Sims 2 you need to buy your Food in a grocery or via Food delivery. Thats missing in this Sims 4 Game now. I could go on what this Sims still missing i won't do this again, did already post in to many times.

Yes I play 2 and 3, and go between both. They both have their strengths and weaknesses but neither have got absence of love for the game I find in 4.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited September 2014
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

Defensive, much?

So, tell me...who died and made YOU Keeper of the Flame for TS4?
    Me? Defensive? What kind of person do you think I am?

Let me put it this way:

In my lexicon, a "Keeper of the Flame" is someone who is overly protective of something they love and will not tolerate any criticism of it WHATSOEVER...this is how I see most people who passionately defend The Sims 4 to those who dare to criticize it. Instead of politely agreeing to disagree, they immediately start attacking and belittling those who disagree with them.

This cuts both ways, of course, as I've seen plenty of naysayers putting down those who absolutely love The Sims 4 for whatever reason. In the interest of having an interesting and civilized debate, why not stop the knee-jerk response you automatically seem to make every time someone posts a thread complaining about the Sims 4? You're not going to change anybody's mind, and all you do is contribute to the drama. Just because the OP says she thinks the game is awful and is already bored with it, that doesn't mean she *hates* it...and even if she does, so what? In what way does this possibly affect you?

Or are you THAT afraid that all this negative response to TS4 is going to convince EA that the Sims franchise is no longer worth continuing and that you must defend the game at all costs to keep that from happening? Because in my opinion, that's the motivation behind all the attacks towards people who post their honest opinion about The Sims 4. Most of the time, they start out with what they LIKE about the game, and then they say what they DON'T like about the game...and, unfortunately, the dislikes far outweigh the likes.

PS: In all honestly, I used to get on people's case who came on the TS3 forums and complained about how TS3 wasn't TS 2.5. But that was even after a few expansion packs.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited September 2014
    Sc3niX wrote: »

BUT YOU LOVED TS3. And you couldn't get back into TS2 because of the closed world it had, that's proof enough to show that you probably wouldn't get into TS4. It's just that the majority of the people, from what i've seen ,who liked TS4 are people would couldn't get into TS3.
    If you played TS3 loved it, couldn't go back to TS2 but still thought it was good, you're less likely to like TS4, again, from what I've seen.
    You're also more likely to like TS4 if it's your first Sims game, that's just a given.

There's a reason why i can't get into TS4. It feels like one playstyle is being forced upon me the whole time. Toddlers were removed, which was a big part of my playstyle. TS3 and TS2 there were so many playstyles to choose from which resulted me into never being bored. And i have a bff knocking on my door every 4 hours >.>

Also way too much missing content
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member

Defensive, much?

So, tell me...who died and made YOU Keeper of the Flame for TS4?
    Me? Defensive? What kind of person do you think I am?

Let me put it this way:

In my lexicon, a "Keeper of the Flame" is someone who is overly protective of something they love and will not tolerate any criticism of it WHATSOEVER...this is how I see most people who passionately defend The Sims 4 to those who dare to criticize it. Instead of politely agreeing to disagree, they immediately start attacking and belittling those who disagree with them.

This cuts both ways, of course, as I've seen plenty of naysayers putting down those who absolutely love The Sims 4 for whatever reason. In the interest of having an interesting and civilized debate, why not stop the knee-jerk response you automatically seem to make every time someone posts a thread complaining about the Sims 4? You're not going to change anybody's mind, and all you do is contribute to the drama. Just because the OP says she thinks the game is awful and is already bored with it, that doesn't mean she *hates* it...and even if she does, so what? In what way does this possibly affect you?

Or are you THAT afraid that all this negative response to TS4 is going to convince EA that the Sims franchise is no longer worth continuing and that you must defend the game at all costs to keep that from happening? Because in my opinion, that's the motivation behind all the attacks towards people who post their honest opinion about The Sims 4. Most of the time, they start out with what they LIKE about the game, and then they say what they DON'T like about the game...and, unfortunately, the dislikes far outweigh the likes.

PS: In all honestly, I used to get on people's case who came on the TS3 forums and complained about how TS3 wasn't TS 2.5. But that was even after a few expansion packs.
    I calls it like I sees it. So do you it seems - as for your polite way of calling me a fanboy, allow me to clarify: you're barking up the wrong tree there.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    hmmmmmm

33n7zgh.png
  • Options
    angie0o0angie0o0 Posts: 103 Member
    take0nme wrote: »
    Boring people get bored.

Wow, how clever and intelligent!

• Options
    @mulboro, I didn't mean to imply that you're a fanboy, but at the same time, when you constantly put down anyone who makes a post complaining about the Sims 4 and accusing them of being Sims 3 fanboys/girls and tells them to go play their games and get off the forums...well, it may not be all that surprising that you might be seen that way.

But I still say that most TS4 fans fear the criticism/negative response to the Sims 4 because they're afraid EA will stop at maybe one or two expansions and drop the franchise altogether. That's what they did with The Sims Medieval, which didn't do as well as expected. One expansion pack, and they dropped that puppy like a hot potato.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    LucusSimmsLucusSimms Posts: 108 Member
    hmmmmmm

33n7zgh.png

Jeez all the furniture looks cubicle, even the chimney. Who in their right mind would think this is an improvement? At least in TS2 there were more variety in how furniture looked, but TS4 it just...doesn't...look...good.
    "Knowledge is Power."
    "Walk softly and carry a big gun."
    "Never Compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
  • Options
    @mulboro, I didn't mean to imply that you're a fanboy, but at the same time, when you constantly put down anyone who makes a post complaining about the Sims 4 and accusing them of being Sims 3 fanboys/girls and tells them to go play their games and get off the forums...well, it may not be all that surprising that you might be seen that way.

But I still say that most TS4 fans fear the criticism/negative response to the Sims 4 because they're afraid EA will stop at maybe one or two expansions and drop the franchise altogether. That's what they did with The Sims Medieval, which didn't do as well as expected. One expansion pack, and they dropped that puppy like a hot potato.

Yes thats why I feel if I stop posting here and letting them sims creators know an insight into what is disappointing fans then they will carry on alienating them and it does a disservice to the game if all they hear is 'Omg its amazing, no improvements need to be made' because thats just not true. Of course they do, in any game. And especially in a title where you have managed to upset a large amount of loyal fans (and people who would continue to buy into the sims forever!) and drive them away.

• Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    LucusSimms wrote: »
    hmmmmmm

33n7zgh.png

Jeez all the furniture looks cubicle, even the chimney. Who in their right mind would think this is an improvement? At least in TS2 there were more variety in how furniture looked, but TS4 it just...doesn't...look...good.
    Yeah, because showing one room that uses one specific style tells you how the rest of the furniture in game looks. ;)
  • Options
    See Sims 2

gx56cnvr.jpg

Playing while owning a pool lol
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    hmmmmmm

33n7zgh.png

Its only my furniture style however there is more furniture that it is not cubicle,and of diffenet styles and rounded shapes.

I just like minimalistic houses.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    hmmmmmm

33n7zgh.png

That fake backdrop though LOL
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2014

Fair enough, but there is a pattern that I can plainly see. Like others have said, TS2 fans in general are enjoying the game.
    Is that a real pattern or just one you like to see ;) Ignoring people that contradict your pattern, calling them exceptions.
    What's the point of this so called pattern anyway?

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BayalynnBayalynn Posts: 67 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    Sims 3 is the game that attempted to introduce role playing. And this is the Sims 4 forum. If you are a fan of Sims 3 then play Sims 3 and post there. I hate Sims 3 and did from the start, but I did not go onto the Sims 3 forum and make negative posts. I stayed with Sims 2 and posted on why we preferred Sims 2 with others like me. If someone posts negatively they should expect some blowback.

People are on the sims 4 forums because they played the sims 4 and didin't like the sims 4. When things happened within their sims 3game they posted in the sims 3 forums. Why would someone post how they aren't feeling sims 4 in sims 3?

If someone post negatively on why they didn't enjoy the game they shouldn't expect people to get all cray on them because "The sims 4 is so awesome". Its really immature to go all on the defense over a game you didn't develop. A lot of people are taking it personal as if it is attack on them. You don't need to defend the game. You can simply say how you enjoy it and maybe point out what you enjoyed about it and see if the person who's bored with it has tried what you did?

As I said before, EA should cater to all [or even a majority if they can't do all] the different types of playstyles and make it optional on how you choose to play. and as a community we should hope EA caters to all sorts of playstyles for the rest of our fellow simmers and not be in this mentality of "Learn to play our way or 🐸🐸🐸🐸"
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @Mendota, you said "If you are a fan of Sims 3 then play the Sims 3 and post there."

You are aware, aren't you, that The Sims 3 forum is now Read Only? There's only one little forum on this website which is dedicated to The Sims 3 and that one has posts that were carried over from the old Sims 3 forum. Geez, it took them 5 years to do away with The Sims 2 forums, but it took them less than a weekend to shut down the Sims 3 one. I wonder how long it will be before the tiny little Sims 3 section and Sims 2 sections are gone from this website?

Correction: There's no Sims 2 forum on this website. Just Sims 3, and it's been carried over from the old TS3 website.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    @mulboro, I didn't mean to imply that you're a fanboy, but at the same time, when you constantly put down anyone who makes a post complaining about the Sims 4 and accusing them of being Sims 3 fanboys/girls and tells them to go play their games and get off the forums...well, it may not be all that surprising that you might be seen that way
    Where are you getting any of this from? Seriously, am I living a double life that I'm not aware of?
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    And well you should already knew that many complaints will come, cause of the many content cuts in Sims 4, every major gaming magazine state this fact and gives only 7/10 as score. So well thats not the best score for a Sims Game. Didn't mean to hate it its only stating the fact.
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited September 2014
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    How many threads are we gonna have to go through repeating the same things?

is someone holding a gun to your head telling you to read and post in them?

the answer to your question is a lot more.. these are the official forums and people will post their opinion here they will repeat the same things because it's what people dislike about the game

no one is forcing you or anyone else to read and post in the threads if you are sick of seeing them... it's not rocket science just don't read them for plum sake
  • Options
    Bayalynn wrote: »
    Mendota wrote: »
    Sims 3 is the game that attempted to introduce role playing. And this is the Sims 4 forum. If you are a fan of Sims 3 then play Sims 3 and post there. I hate Sims 3 and did from the start, but I did not go onto the Sims 3 forum and make negative posts. I stayed with Sims 2 and posted on why we preferred Sims 2 with others like me. If someone posts negatively they should expect some blowback.

People are on the sims 4 forums because they played the sims 4 and didin't like the sims 4. When things happened within their sims 3game they posted in the sims 3 forums. Why would someone post how they aren't feeling sims 4 in sims 3?

If someone post negatively on why they didn't enjoy the game they shouldn't expect people to get all cray on them because "The sims 4 is so awesome". Its really immature to go all on the defense over a game you didn't develop. A lot of people are taking it personal as if it is attack on them. You don't need to defend the game. You can simply say how you enjoy it and maybe point out what you enjoyed about it and see if the person who's bored with it has tried what you did?

As I said before, EA should cater to all [or even a majority if they can't do all] the different types of playstyles and make it optional on how you choose to play. and as a community we should hope EA caters to all sorts of playstyles for the rest of our fellow simmers and not be in this mentality of "Learn to play our way or 🐸🐸🐸🐸"

Oh you are awesome! This is totally right. Thank you!!!!