May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This game is awful, Im bored!

Comments

• Options
    Syazwan1998Syazwan1998 Posts: 191 Member
    Boring my 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I'm having fun here! I need to kill 5 more Sims then I'll just let it go.
    8zICNAN.jpg
    flhes5.png
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Boring my 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I'm having fun here! I need to kill 5 more Sims then I'll just let it go.
    8zICNAN.jpg

Thats acutally new, thats a feature i didn't know about nice. But well i prefer the make money, build big houses playstyle haha ^^
  • Options
    marthakixmarthakix Posts: 188 Member
    8zICNAN.jpg

Thats acutally new, thats a feature i didn't know about nice. But well i prefer the make money, build big houses playstyle haha ^^

I do wish death was scary like in sims 2! I was so afraid of him then! Sims 3 wasn't as scary but his music was great! Especially when he would point and talk to you. I don't like sims 4 death. He's to boring with his ipad lol. Also he take too long! :angry:
  • Options
    ShazlowxShazlowx Posts: 24 Member
    The Sims 4 is great. You sound spoiled by the Sims 3. I have only played Sims 2 so maybe Sims 3 is better...
  • Options
    marthakix wrote: »
    8zICNAN.jpg

I do wish death was scary like in sims 2! I was so afraid of him then! Sims 3 wasn't as scary but his music was great! Especially when he would point and talk to you. I don't like sims 4 death. He's to boring with his ipad lol. Also he take too long! :angry:

You mean in Sims 2 ? xD I was afraid of the Death from Sims 1 well i was still 11 years old than. Still a little chicken though lol
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Shazlowx wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is great. You sound spoiled by the Sims 3. I have only played Sims 2 so maybe Sims 3 is better...

Yeah, I don't know where people get the idea
    JaciJade wrote: »
    I don't look at the situation as a either or thing. EA simply added a new crayon to your box, they didn't take away the other colors. Meaning you still have Sims 3 and you can play that anytime you're bored of 4. TS4 gave us things that can never be in prior versions and it has great potential. If you're bored just put it down and wait for updates and expansions. All games get boring or tiresome after the new wears off...take a holiday, go watch a movie. Life goes on.

Shhh!!!! The next iteration of Sims could end-up being a coloring book!
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    ContessaClaidieContessaClaidie Posts: 263 Member
    edited September 2014
    People are awfully quick to bring up Sims 3 as the best thing ever ... how quickly they forget that without their precious mods its a cluster 🐸🐸🐸🐸 of stuck Sims mini freezes due to stuck Sims and routing issues that make your eyes roll

Isla Paradiso is all but unplayable due to this issues its not even lag its bad routing as soon as you delete the offending sims it will run again normally but low and below more stuck sims .... BEST GAME EVER ...

personally I don't judge a game on how awesome it is modded if you need mods to make it run properly then it was a Epic Fail in the first place overall Sims 2 was a WAAAAAAY Better game then Sims 3 will ever be but I know people are so blinded by their pretty graphics that they forget that Game Play > Graphics ... if they can make Sims 4 even a fraction of as a good as Sims 2 with expansions that it will be a way better game then Sims 3
    “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” - Albert Einstein
    I own all Sims 1 to 4 + Expansion, Stuff Packs but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Sims 2
    4.5 Ghz Processor, 32 Gb of Ram, 3x Geforce GTX Titan Z Extreme Edition, 1 TB SSD
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    People are awfully quick to bring up Sims 3 as the best thing ever ... how quickly they forget that without their precious mods its a cluster 🐸🐸🐸🐸 of stuck Sims mini freezes due to stuck Sims and routing issues that make your eyes roll

Isla Paradiso is all but unplayable due to this issues its not even lag its bad routing as soon as you delete the offending sims it will run again normally but low and below more stuck sims .... BEST GAME EVER ...

personally I don't judge a game on how awesome it is modded if you need mods to make it run properly then it was a Epic Fail in the first place overall Sims 2 was a WAAAAAAY Better game then Sims 3 will ever be but I know people are so blinded by their pretty graphics that they forget that Game Play > Graphics ... if they can make Sims 4 even a fraction of as a good as Sims 2 with expansions that it will be a way better game then Sims 3

It's not about 3. I've loved all of the sims games up until this one and I'm far from the only one. That tells me something is very wrong with 4.
  • Options
    SummersBuffSummersBuff Posts: 74 Member
    Yes, the game is easily the worst in the franchise. I can respect that some people like it. We each play differently.Ts4 is not how I want to play The Sims on the account of I am not in the 3rd grade. Not saying people who like it are, but maybe the simplified/reduced version of the game works better for them.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member

You're totally right, fogies who need assistance working the VCR might love TS4. I also love the solution in TS4 which was instead of fix it just remove it. That didn't even work either because there is a list of like 200 bugs, oversights, and other problems with TS4. I'm glad saving is fast because I sometimes crash during the loading screens, things like forks and instruments have been stuck in my Sim's hand, my Sims often route in goofy unnatural circles for no reason at all, my Sims often refuse to listen when I cancel their action even when it involves 3 flights of stairs, some things in gardening are broken, Sims are randomly just disappearing. Yep, if anything I'm going to need MORE mods to enjoy TS4 than I needed to enjoy TS3.
  • Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

You're totally right, fogies who need assistance working the VCR might love TS4. I also love the solution in TS4 which was instead of fix it just remove it. That didn't even work either because there is a list of like 200 bugs, oversights, and other problems with TS4. I'm glad saving is fast because I sometimes crash during the loading screens, things like forks and instruments have been stuck in my Sim's hand, my Sims often route in goofy unnatural circles for no reason at all, my Sims often refuse to listen when I cancel their action even when it involves 3 flights of stairs, some things in gardening are broken, Sims are randomly just disappearing. Yep, if anything I'm going to need MORE mods to enjoy TS4 than I needed to enjoy TS3.

This. I NEVER used mods in sims3 and it had issues but there were suggestions online to help which I followed and they worked so I never needed mods. A couple of weeks in to sims4 I have had to look into mods to try and salvage anything worth playing for me from 4.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

True but this is only due bad programming from Maxis/ EA. So they could have made it better with the next Sims. Well i am sure Sims 4 could be better than Sims 3 but than please bring more Sims 2 Basic Content into the Sims 4 Base Game. It wouldn't be so hard for EA to do.
    So i can live with the Sims 4 too.

Sims 3 had many problems, i couldn't play after the EP Into Future and hundreds of Store Items i use. It was laggy as 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and only with Overwatch and Master Controller i could stop this lags. And yes i own a Highend Rig.
    But as i say its Maxis poor programmings fault.
    So even though i still think at the moment Sims 3 is the Best Sims from the Sims Franchise.

And yes we will see in the future how much Fun Sims 4 will bring, but just not yet it misses to much.
    So i still understand that people are angry, frustrated ect. Because they hoped maybe it would be a new Sims 3 or at least make them forget this Game.
    I bought the Sims 4 in knowing it misses Open World but was really frustrated after i played it and saw it misses to much Content.
    But my intention is not hating it, i want to improve it by letting EA/ Maxis know, what Sims 4 misses.
    And if they stay silent it will mostly fail.

We have seen Sim City 2013 Fail, i still play it cause i like this Game but its empty no one wants to play the Online Part anymore. So it gets boring real fast. (because the Main Feat. were Online)
    And well like i said often enough, the press thinks its only average (7/10) for a Sims Game and thats because Sims 4 lacks Content. Sure many people play this Sims 4 now and are happy but it is also true many are frustrated about it.
    I don't know how many are having fun but i only see the negatives atm.
    So that we don't have a Fail like SC 2013 that also scored only average (7/10) btw, we should let EA know, that not everyone is okay with this Game.

But oh well its only my opinion.
    Post edited by KrayzieStryker on
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member

This. I NEVER used mods in sims3 and it had issues but there were suggestions online to help which I followed and they worked so I never needed mods. A couple of weeks in to sims4 I have had to look into mods to try and salvage anything worth playing for me from 4.
    How could you not use mods in the Sims 3? By the time I got Into the Future the game was almost unplayable for me, and I wasn't going to upgrade/buy a new computer for one game that I was about to pack away and let collect dust. So far the only mods I used in the Sims 4 is mods that add more colors to CAS and makes lights brighter in live mode. Other than that I have no mods that truly effected gameplay.
  • Options

True but this is only due bad programming from Maxis/ EA. So they could have made it better with the next Sims. Well i am sure Sims 4 could be better than Sims 3 but than please bring more Sims 2 Basic Content into the Sims 4 Base Game. It wouldn't be so hard for EA to do.

Sims 3 had many problems, i couldn't play after the EP Into Future and hundreds of Store Items i use. It was laggy as 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and only with Overwatch and Master Controller i could stop this lags. And yes i own a Highend Rig.
    So even though i still think at the moment Sims 3 is the Best Sims from the Sims Franchise.

And yes we will see in the future how much Fun will bring Sims 4, but just not yet it misses to much.
    So i still understand that people are angry, frustrated ect. Because they hoped maybe it would be a new Sims 3 or at least make them forget this Game.
    I bought the Sims 4 in knowing it misses Open World but was really frustrated after i played it and saw it misses to much Content.
    But my intention is not hating it, i want to improve it by letting EA/ Maxis know, what Sims 4 misses.

We have seen Sim City 2013 Fail, i still play it cause i like this Game but its empty no one wants to play the Online Part anymore. So it gets boring real fast. (because the Main Feat. were Online)
    And well like i said often enough, the press thinks its only average (7/10) for a Sims Game and thats because Sims 4 lacks Content. Sure many people play this Sims 4 now and are happy but it is also true many are frustrated about it.
    So that we don't have a Fail like SC 2013 that also scored only average (7/10) btw, we should let EA know, that not everyone is okay with this Game.

But we know that Sims games always get better as the EPs come out, I felt like giving the base game of the Sims 3 a 7/10 when I first played it (keep in mind that at the time I didn't play the Sims 2), but it went up to about 8.5/10, and it would've scored higher if the game didn't absolutely kill my computer.

• Options

And yes we will see in the future how much Fun will bring Sims 4, but just not yet it misses to much.

But we know that Sims games always get better as the EPs come out, I felt like giving the base game of the Sims 3 a 7/10 when I first played it (keep in mind that at the time I didn't play the Sims 2), but it went up to about 8.5/10, and it would've scored higher if the game didn't absolutely kill my computer.

Sure this is your personal opinion its okay, my personal score would be since Sims 1,2,3 all scores 8/10. And so did the Press too 8-9 since Sims 1. But my point is if the press gives 7 Points only it is atm not really good for a Sims. So EA can still make it better cause the Press only say its lacking Content.
    So bring the Press to liking it more and mostly the World will like it too. Its simple advertisement.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

How could you not use mods in the Sims 3? By the time I got Into the Future the game was almost unplayable for me, and I wasn't going to upgrade/buy a new computer for one game that I was about to pack away and let collect dust. So far the only mods I used in the Sims 4 is mods that add more colors to CAS and makes lights brighter in live mode. Other than that I have no mods that truly effected gameplay.

Because TS4 is going to run smooth as butter 20 discs later.

Trust me, there won't be any problems with it at that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaysTVcounI

• Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    My score from the Sims 4 went from 3/10 to 4/10 , because of the lightning,which i thought it was worse than TS3 however i fixed with proper construction of the rooms.it looks great now
  • Options
    My score from the Sims 4 went from 3/10 to 4/10 , because of the lightning,which i thought it was worse than TS3 however i fixed with proper construction of the rooms.it looks great now

you see even you start to like it more even though you are captain obvious TS4 Hater ^^
  • Options

I promise, never ever used any mods in a sims game (or any for that matter!) until 4. You might have seen someone recommending mods to me the other day because I'm nervous about using them and don't trust things I don't know. For example If you looked up 'lag on Isla paradiso' on google and followed peoples tips about which houses and sims were causing issues and deleted, moved stuff about until it ran better. I had all expansion packs too and lots of dlc and always just saved often and it really didn't run that badly for me.

• Options

I didn't have any problems with TS2 Ultimute Collection, I'm not sure how many EP and SP were included in that though.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I promise, never ever used any mods in a sims game (or any for that matter!) until 4. You might have seen someone recommending mods to me the other day because I'm nervous about using them and don't trust things I don't know. For example If you looked up 'lag on Isla paradiso' on google and followed peoples tips about which houses and sims were causing issues and deleted, moved stuff about until it ran better. I had all expansion packs too and lots of dlc and always just saved often and it really didn't run that badly for me.

Thats true there are guides about how to kill those lags without any Mods. But it was to much work for me so i just used Mods instead lol
  • Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member

you see even you start to like it more even though you are captain obvious TS4 Hater ^^

lol yeah :D
  • Options
    abe70280abe70280 Posts: 519 Member

I dont use mods for the Sims 3 and it runs at 60 FPS and loads very fast no stuttering lag or anything. The problem is you all want to enjoy Sims 3 on your old computers and when it doesnt happen, oh well Sims 3 must be a bad game! It doesnt run perfectly on a Pentium 4!

• Options

I didn't have any problems with TS2 Ultimute Collection, I'm not sure how many EP and SP were included in that though.

TS2 was made by different people.

TS4 was made by the same people who made TS3.

• Options
    abe70280abe70280 Posts: 519 Member

Sims does get better as EP's come out. But this time it's different. Sims 4 effectively optioned out Open World and a lot of other features that they claimed would be a hard time getting into the game, e.g, pools and teens. So I dont know how they ever will gonna put them back in or maybe they're just lying... maybe it's all a scheme to make us buy this features in an EP.