Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Sales figures according to VGChartz

Comments

• Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited September 2014
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    Trick wrote: »

The Sims 3 was a commercial success, selling 1.4 million copies in its first week

That is what it says on Wikipedia...source here: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/31194133/ns/technology_and_science-games/t/sims-sells-million-copies-first-week/#.VBsx9xZ0Y_U

And what numbers do they report for Sims 4?

Could you repeat that? I don't understand question.

I mean that if you're going to use the EA number of total sales (including pre-orders, online sales, etc.), then give me a number to compare it with.

VGChartz only reports retail sales, so if The Sims 3 sold 1.4 million copies total, how many were sold of The Sims 4?

It's a trick question, of course, since nobody knows but EA at this point -- and just like they did with The Sims 3 (despite other people in this thread claiming otherwise), they probably won't report those numbers until their quarterly shareholders' meeting.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Just trust me Sims 4 will sell It just hasn't been out long enough yet and there are people still probably that want it and haven't gotten it yet.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Will you please change the title of this thread? People are taking these as the actual sales figures which is VERY far from the truth.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Is that site really accurate?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    gamegrl66gamegrl66 Posts: 51 Member
    > @alan650111 said:
    > Will you please change the title of this thread? People are taking these as the actual sales figures which is VERY far from the truth.
    DONE
  • Options
    gamegrl66gamegrl66 Posts: 51 Member
    > @SweetieKaye said:
    > Is that site really accurate?

People are telling me it's not but it's all we have for now to give us an idea of how the game is selling. Waiting for EA to jump in.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited September 2014
    mulboro wrote: »
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »
    gamegrl66 wrote: »
    According to www.vgchartz.com:<br />
    as of 6th of September<br />
    <br />
    Global sales: 408,150 <br />
    USA: 179,368 <br />
    Europe: 161,584 <br />
    <br />
    How does this compare to The Sims 3 debut sales figures?

Well who knew my 480,000 worldwide would be kind of accurate, lol.

TS3 sold 1.4 million copies in the first week. So 1.4 million times $49.99 minimally excluding collector's editions so I'm sure TS3 made more than: $699,860, 000 million dollars...over half a billion in 1 week if that's accurate, lol.

First, 1.4 millions copies is how many copies were sold to RETAILERS, not how many were actually bought. That number would be lower. Second, 2009 was on the leading edge of the digital era. People bought more physical copies of games back then.

The Sims 3 was a commercial success, selling 1.4 million copies in its first week

That is what it says on Wikipedia...source here: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/31194133/ns/technology_and_science-games/t/sims-sells-million-copies-first-week/#.VBsx9xZ0Y_U

Right, but those numbers reflect copies that are sold to retailers. Every game. Every book. Every time. They don't reflect the numbers the retailers sold. It's a common misconception. And, no...TS3 wasn't selling off the shelves of Walmart, Best Buy and Target.
    Thats it exactly. It's basically a marketing trick - and by judging some of these responses, it works.

I don't believe that. I believe that when TS3 came out that there were WAY more people accustomed to buying tangible copies. I believe that some retailers did sell out of TS3 in their stores the first week. I believe that EA knows that which is why they are basically pushing it to be an online transaction as in you still have to go through origin if you even buy a tangible copy of 4 because the online store will never sell out like retail stores do.

• Options
    EmeraldLadyEmeraldLady Posts: 46 Member
    edited September 2014
    The people saying 1.4 million Sims 3 sent to RETAILERS make me want to slam my head into a desk with their cretinism. Those were SALES. Not retail stock numbers you 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Not only that, but Sims 3 had higher pre-order numbers. Face it, Sims 4 is a flop.
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    So what quality over quantity. TS3 is probably the reason for low sales, once burned and all. It ruined the series.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Is that site really accurate?
    No. They are just estimates and those can be completely off. Example, the Ben 10 series, they botch the sale numbers and said only 590,000 compared to the real numbers of over 1 million.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Atomicus wrote: »
    So what quality over quantity. TS3 is probably the reason for low sales, once burned and all. It ruined the series.

Look, more 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • Options
    DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    gamegrl66 wrote: »
    According to www.vgchartz.com:<br />
    as of 6th of September<br />
    <br />
    Global sales: 408,150 <br />
    USA: 179,368 <br />
    Europe: 161,584 <br />
    <br />
    How does this compare to The Sims 3 debut sales figures?

Well who knew my 480,000 worldwide would be kind of accurate, lol.

TS3 sold 1.4 million copies in the first week. So 1.4 million times $49.99 minimally excluding collector's editions so I'm sure TS3 made more than: $699,860, 000 million dollars...over half a billion in 1 week if that's accurate, lol.

First, 1.4 millions copies is how many copies were sold to RETAILERS, not how many were actually bought. That number would be lower. Second, 2009 was on the leading edge of the digital era. People bought more physical copies of games back then.

Right, but those numbers reflect copies that are sold to retailers. Every game. Every book. Every time. They don't reflect the numbers the retailers sold. It's a common misconception. And, no...TS3 wasn't selling off the shelves of Walmart, Best Buy and Target.

Do you have a source that this 1.4 million is the number of copies sold to retailers? I've been looking but can't find a single one. All I'm finding is simply number of copies sold, no mention of retailers.
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    Atomicus wrote: »

Look, more 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 you too.
  • Options
    ContessaClaidieContessaClaidie Posts: 263 Member
    edited September 2014
    EA is too busy swimming in all their money to be bothered answering you peons
    “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” - Albert Einstein
    I own all Sims 1 to 4 + Expansion, Stuff Packs but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Sims 2
    4.5 Ghz Processor, 32 Gb of Ram, 3x Geforce GTX Titan Z Extreme Edition, 1 TB SSD
  • Options
    Jazzy6897Jazzy6897 Posts: 337 Member
    edited September 2014
    "gmgar wrote: »
    "We had this thread 2 days ago.

The "Pro" EA team was out in full force.

I got Lynch for saying i was shocked by the low totals.

I got kicked for saying the END totals will tell the truth.

Run for your life.

Some people just do not see what they do not want to see.

If sales were good EA would have posted them.

Truth is the truth no matter how someone spins it.

Just because EA hasn't posted the sales yet doesn't mean they aren't good. According to VGChartz, The Sims 4 sales in its first week beats what The Sims 3 had in its first week. But of course, VGChartz aren't even accurate. You never know, though. Anyway, EA is probably planning on releasing them soon. They may be good, they may be bad. We shall wait and see.
    Origin ID: Jazzy6897 Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Jazzy6897 wrote: »
    According to VGChartz...

Let me stop you right there, before you get your head and further up your rectum. VGChartz is not an accurate source. Sims 3 sold 1.4 million copies its first week. Sims 4 has barely breached 400k. On top of that, Sims 3 had higher pre-order numbers, as well.

Sims 4 also released with the least content of any of the Sims base games thus far.

• Options
    Jazzy6897Jazzy6897 Posts: 337 Member
    edited September 2014
    According to VGChartz...

Let me stop you right there, before you get your head and further up your rectum. VGChartz is not an accurate source. Sims 3 sold 1.4 million copies its first week. Sims 4 has barely breached 400k. On top of that, Sims 3 had higher pre-order numbers, as well.

Did you read the rest of my post? I said they aren't accurate. Geezy peezy....

Edit: And as the others are saying, that 400k is from VGChartz, The site you said is not accurate.

Origin ID: Jazzy6897 Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    According to VGChartz...

Sims 4 also released with the least content of any of the Sims base games thus far.

You may want to take a look at what VGChartz said Sims 3 sold... hint, it's lower than the Sims 4 number. Unfortunately, nobody has any numbers for TS4 yet... that 400K number you're quoting? Yeah, it came from VGChartz.

Also keep in mind that VGChartz only estimates retail asales, not pre-orders or online sales, so it's bound to look really low compared to overall totals.
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    According to VGChartz...

The sims 4 400k number is from VGChartz. You want it to be accurate for 4 but not for 3 - it doesn't work that way.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2014
    According to VGChartz...

Thing is, the number on VGChartz ISN'T EVEN A FULL PLUMMING WEEK. September 6th, the game released September 2nd. The site only list selling copies in retailers for FOUR DAYS AFTER RELEASE.

If the Sims 4 sold almost half a million in 4 days, it would've AT LEAST gotten close to 1 million in one FULL week.
  • Options
    mulboro wrote: »
    According to VGChartz...

The sims 4 400k number is from VGChartz. You want it to be accurate for 4 but not for 3 - it doesn't work that way.
    I just needed to say this, I know it's off topic but your signature is hilarious.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    If the Sims 4 sold almost half a million in 4 days, it would've AT LEAST gotten close to 1 million in one FULL week.

Sims 3 numbers, from the same source, came nowhere near 1 million its first week (well, four days also).

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/39971/Global/
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Figures, schmigures... the fact is, we've got at least 3 threads made by SimGurus since the game launched. I don't recall that we got this much love when TS2 OR TS3 launched. I suspect the reason that we're getting all this lovin' is because EA is worried about the low sales figures and the negative feedback, particularly from professional game reviewer magazines.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Will the EP's sell might be more interesting. A lot of people buy a basegame out of curiosity (and loyalty to the franchise).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Trick wrote: »

Sims 3 numbers, from the same source, came nowhere near 1 million its first week (well, four days also).

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/39971/Global/
    I think it's safe to say that VGChartz is completely inaccurate.