Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Sales figures according to VGChartz

Comments

• Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Jazzy6897 wrote: »
    pguida wrote: »
    Just because EA hasn't posted the sales yet doesn't mean they aren't good.

It does. NO company actively doing damage control and bleeding money would hide they have a new best-seller.

I mean The Sims 4 could be a new best-seller and they still wouldn't have released the number yet. All I'm saying is just because they haven't released it yet doesn't really mean anything.

No, if it was a smash best seller, EA WOULD have been trumpeting that fact to the skies.

Why?

Good sales make BETTER sales; if people see a game selling well, they think:
    "wow this game must be good, Im gunna check it out"

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    If EA thought this game was selling good they would be raving about how many copies were sold. Where is the figures from EA?
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Jazzy6897Jazzy6897 Posts: 337 Member
    edited September 2014
    Zolt65 wrote: »

It does. NO company actively doing damage control and bleeding money would hide they have a new best-seller.

I mean The Sims 4 could be a new best-seller and they still wouldn't have released the number yet. All I'm saying is just because they haven't released it yet doesn't really mean anything.

No, if it was a smash best seller, EA WOULD have been trumpeting that fact to the skies.

Why?

Let's say you study really hard for a test. And the next day you take the test and you're really confident about your answers.You turn it in to your teacher. After about a month, you still haven't gotten back a grade for your test. Just because it's been a month and you still haven't gotten the test back with a grade, do you automatically think you failed?
    Post edited by Jazzy6897 on
    Origin ID: Jazzy6897 Happy Simming! :)
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member

Why?

Let's say you study really hard for a test. And the next day you take the test and you're really confident about your answers.You turn it in to your teacher. After about a month, you still haven't gotten back a grade for your test. Just because it's been a month and you still haven't gotten the test back with a grade, do you automatically think you failed?

That analogy makes no sense.
    That is not how things work.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member

Why?

Why is the teacher holding on to the grade for a month?? That teacher needs to be brought in front of a board and have his status revoked!

Why?

That analogy makes no sense.

Yeah lol, I kind of figured. I was just trying to make something up. I'll edit it

• Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited September 2014
    This is a result of making a bad game. 400k copies is very low against TS3 and TS2 debuts.

And i am glad,i am glad because next time they will have to hera customers and make what they want,thats the success of a game.
    Logisitcs wrote: »

Why?

Why is the teacher holding on to the grade for a month?? That teacher needs to be brought in front of a board and have his status revoked!

Yeah my brain was working backwards. I don't know what I was thinking... lol

But some posters do have a point. Bungie/Activision is blowing horns and beating drums over the "successful" launch of Destiny...
    What has EA been doing for TS4?

Please, please for the love of all may heads roll over at EA! People need to be fired! PEOPLE over at EA NEED to be held accountable for how TS4 turned out and they need to lose their jobs!

Sorry honey,there is no chance of TS4 of becoming best seller :(
  • camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    Please, please for the love of all may heads roll over at EA! People need to be fired! PEOPLE over at EA NEED to be held accountable for how TS4 turned out and they need to lose their jobs!

If they were to take your advice they'd probably fire off the entirety of Maxis. They'd never admit that it was due to poor marketing or rushing the developers.
    edited September 2014
    They should start firing EA President who sent a menacing message telling customers if they dont buy TS4 they wont make Ts5.

These guys should be completely fired with no return.
    edited August 2015
    Delete
    Post edited by Jazzy6897 on
  • DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    Ok, lol, let's try this again:

Let's say you're waiting on results for a test you're taking on your computer. Usually, the results only take about a few seconds to load. But this time when loading it's taking a little bit longer. Just because it's taking a bit longer to load, do you automatically think the results for the test are bad?

I think a better analogy would be if the class got their test scores back and everyone is bragging about their scores except that one kid (who is usually always bragging) do you automatically think their results for the test are bad?
    And my answer would be yes I would automatically think they are bad.
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
    They should start firing EA President who sent a menacing message telling customers if they dont buy TS4 they wont make Ts5.

It wasn't the president of EA that said that, it was Sim Guru Grant. Also, the message wasn't threatening at all. He was disgruntled that people were saying "When's The Sims 5?" less than a week after The Sims 4 came out and he let his tongue slip.

How would you feel if you made a meal for a group of friends and they all pushed their plates aside and asked for something else? Game development is hard work.
    Datkid wrote: »
    Ok, lol, let's try this again:

Let's say you're waiting on results for a test you're taking on your computer. Usually, the results only take about a few seconds to load. But this time when loading it's taking a little bit longer. Just because it's taking a bit longer to load, do you automatically think the results for the test are bad?

I think a better analogy would be if the class got their test scores back and everyone is bragging about their scores except that one kid (who is usually always bragging) do you automatically think their results for the test are bad?
    And my answer would be yes I would automatically think they are bad.

Good one. But this analogy doesn't go with the point I was trying to make.
    camman1995 wrote: »

It wasn't the president of EA that said that, it was Sim Guru Grant. Also, the message wasn't threatening at all. He was disgruntled that people were saying "When's The Sims 5?" less than a week after The Sims 4 came out and he let his tongue slip.

How would you feel if you made a meal for a group of friends and they all pushed their plates aside and asked for something else? Game development is hard work.

Well when you serve me uncooked raccoon meat that's drenched in blood and you previously stated that I would be eating a world-class steak with mash potatoes, field rice, and greens and it'd be super amazing... I'd push the plate aside and ask for something else too. :D
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member

Well yes but the people had a reason to ask for it. Well i won't say anything about this it was done, the whole Internet were messaged and more joined the 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • ContessaClaidieContessaClaidie Posts: 263 Member

Well when you serve me uncooked raccoon meat that's drenched in blood and you previously stated that I would be eating a world-class steak with mash potatoes, field rice, and greens and it'd be super amazing... I'd push the plate aside and ask for something else too. :D

In the words of Seinfield .. "no soup for you"
    “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” - Albert Einstein
    I own all Sims 1 to 4 + Expansion, Stuff Packs but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Sims 2
    4.5 Ghz Processor, 32 Gb of Ram, 3x Geforce GTX Titan Z Extreme Edition, 1 TB SSD

If you actually think that's a fair comparison you're delusional.

I agree that TS4 is currently lacking, but it would be more like a decently cooked steak without any sides as compared to a fairly well cooked steak with several sides.
    It is a very bad steak,belive me,with uncorrectible features

The problem with that analogy is EA is not our friend, they are a business and we are customers.
    As well, I don't charge my friends to eat when I invite them to dinner. I paid EA for my game.
    And as to 'hard work'? If they cant put out a solid product they should find another job.

Marcus Aurelius
    edited September 2014

If you actually think that's a fair comparison you're delusional.

I agree that TS4 is currently lacking, but it would be more like a decently cooked steak without any sides as compared to a fairly well cooked steak with several sides.

Yeah, I agree. Raccoon's meat that's drenched in blood? I don't think it can be that bad lol

His analogy makes more sense than mine, though, so I can't really talk.

The problem with that analogy is EA is not our friend, they are a business and we are customers.
    As well, I don't charge my friends to eat when I invite them to dinner. I paid EA for my game.
    And as to 'hard work'? If they cant put out a solid product they should find another job.

EA, the publisher, rushed Maxis, the developer, beyond all reason. Such is evident. Not only is it well known that EA rushes other developers, DICE with Battlefield 4 for example, but they originally wanted the game that many even now consider unfinished to come out in March.

I genuinely believe that the people at Maxis are talented. They lack the time to flesh out their products to an extent that would satisfy everyone.