Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

:( The Reviews Are Terrible! Everyone unfairly slamming Ts4

Comments

• Options
    Jazr2000Jazr2000 Posts: 5 New Member
    I never said I was happy with the price LOL. I think the price was high seeing as the EP's are pushing 30.00, well usually.
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited September 2014
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    I spent more hours playing TS3 base game than with the expansions. The base game was loads of fun for me.

Also sequels mean adding onto what the previous game had. (excluding expansions of course). The missing features really were apart of many simmers play styles. But to have it stripped like that many feel like this isn't a game they can enjoy even if they tried it. Some reviews are unfair, but most are fair. EA needs to learn that they can't treat their fans like they mean nothing, and blame them when their game fails.

*A sequel (also known as follow-up) is a narrative, documental, or other work of literature, film, theatre, television, music, or game that continues the story of, or expands upon, some earlier work (fictional universe). In the common context of a narrative work of fiction, a sequel portrays events set in the same fictional universe as an earlier work, usually chronologically following the events of that work.[1]*

expanding upon content is not listed above. the term for sequel is only speaking on story. in which the sims does not have. a sequel follows the story of a previous work,which means that if this is the case for the sims- the sims could be ended at any time due to the claim that the story its self has ended. open ended (as what the sims is) allows for it to be played with no story restrictions,how you want and without the worry of an end. (due to story line)
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    Aotearoa14Aotearoa14 Posts: 155 Member
    Nope, Sims 2 base game wasn't boring. It was sparse, but 'full' and 'fun' aren't synonyms.

(Look the meaning up if you don't know what I'm talking about.)
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    TDU90 wrote: »
    I can not believe its gone down this way and that people can not judge ts4 on its own as a standalone instead of unreasonably complaining about how it lacks things ts3 didnt add on until expansions came out.
    Well, the problem is, if you judged it as a stand-alone game it actually comes up short in quite a few areas. (And I like Sims 4, by the way, so please don't jump on me.) If it's judged as a 'stand-alone' game, it's woefully deficient in venues .... places to go ... in the small towns they gave us. Now, with expansions, that issue will disappear as we get more and more places for our Sims to go and more to do. But as a stand-alone, it's substandard regarding venues and things to do in the game. In other areas, it excels, though, of course ... it has many positives, but also some negatives.

I wouldn't WANT to judge it as a stand-alone game. I'm enjoying it right now because I know that it'll get better and better with every expansion. If I didn't know an expansion was coming, I'd be disappointed, quite frankly.

(And why the heck did they give us TWO gyms????? Seriously??)

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member
    edited September 2014
    Penelope wrote: »
    TDU90 wrote: »

(And why the heck did they give us TWO gyms????? Seriously??)

Because...bros. :p

(sorry the quoting tool is not working for me for some reason when I only want to quote your last line and now it's just not as funny)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I was sure I was going to hate this game. I was wrong. This game to me is fun and has some crazy humor in it. It is also more challenging, which I like. I hated Sims 3 for the simple fact is was super easy and you could get rich quickly. Now I do have some issues with the game. Lack of just more options for color in clothes, the furniture and wallpaper should have a bit more patterns to them. And those object babies .. lol! There are issues also, what's the point of getting cooking up high if all it does is make your sims fat if they aren't eating just salads. Then there are the glitches: Stuck skill bars and things sticking to the Sims hands are two.

But I find that I lose hours in this base game only. With the exception of Sims stalker friends XD. I find also that the things I thought I would miss I don't.

I am playing a family now and having a ball. Didn't think I would ever say this about this game.
  • Options
    DeuceyBabyDeuceyBaby Posts: 289 Member
    did they really change the last word of my post to plum haha

love how pc the sim crowd has gotten
    I've got a double plumicide on 1st and Main. Witnessnes said the sus screamed you mother plumber (at the plumber and her son) and hit both vics with a round of ripe purple plums (plucked from the bountiful barrels of a 9mm shotplum).
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    DeuceyBaby wrote: »
    did they really change the last word of my post to plum haha<br />
    <br />
    love how pc the sim crowd has gotten

Deucey, you the best he-B* in my man stable...

Sorry, your name so makes me think of Deuce Bigalow >.>

xD
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Oh god this thread is back up...
    Thread-MIB-Forget.jpg
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    DeuceyBabyDeuceyBaby Posts: 289 Member
    edited October 2014
    lmao sorry. havent been here in a while and couldnt help myself.
    I've got a double plumicide on 1st and Main. Witnessnes said the sus screamed you mother plumber (at the plumber and her son) and hit both vics with a round of ripe purple plums (plucked from the bountiful barrels of a 9mm shotplum).
  • Options
    cowbells555cowbells555 Posts: 9 New Member
    For all the people who dont like the sims 4, shut up and go play sims 3, we are all well aware of your opinions now. I did a test. played the sims 4 since it came out , then to test a theory of mine I went back to play the sims 3. I didn't even play the sims 3 for 5 minutes and put it off. sims 4 is waaaaaay more advanced. yes it lacks expansions by far !! wont lie ...and the fact that they added loading screens kills me (I hate that) the neighbourhoods are very small and restrictive which is a downer. But they added features that I now cant play without !! building mode the new CAS. I agree that they could of at least allowed you to swim in the ponds, but they redeemed themselves there too, pools and swim Wear is coming back soon!!! for free. I just hope they launch an expansion pack by xmas :-) that's going on my list LOL. only thing I must say is my sims 4 keeps crashing (the sims 4 has stopped working ) getting worse now. making it impossible to play. the thing i miss the most is the weather (seasons was real great in 3). but that's it the rest is awesome !!!!! they have left so much room for so much greatness. Thanks EA hope you bring seasons soon. :-) PS: does anyone know what the first expansion will be ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    I guess it must be a side-effect of the ghosts. Seems there's a lot of necromancy going on.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Who brought this thread back...show yourself!!!
  • Options
    And to further add about this necroing, the necro post was pretty pointless anyways....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    la_lollie wrote: »
    munchie885 wrote: »
    <br />
    <br />
    Just looked back and saw the date. Now I feel slightly ridiculous.
    You were replying to someone who just posted too so it's all good. If you weren't going to reply to that comment, I was going to post the same. ;) .
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    The real question is how do you find this thread... it's been in hiding for so long xD
  • Options
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    The real question is how do you find this thread... it's been in hiding for so long xD
    <br />
    <br />
    It wasn't me (apparently)! I now choose to blame the magical trolls, as we all know how awesome they've been about this sort of thing lately.

Yeah I know it wasn't you and you may be right about magic trolls. Once I caught a troll bumping a super old thread by literally writing "bump" and I quoted them to respond and after other people commented and I refreshed the thread and the trolls comment was gone. But his account wasn't banned. #Magic
  • Options
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    <br />

<br />
    <br />

<br />
    Just looked back and saw the date. Now I feel slightly ridiculous.
    <br />
    You were replying to someone who just posted too so it's all good. If you weren't going to reply to that comment, I was going to post the same. ;) .
    <br />
    <br />
    Ah! Well then I'm glad it wasn't entirely my fault. Sometimes I read fairly far back so I just assumed that it was me inadvertently necroing a super dead thread. Also, glad we're in agreement ;)
    Well that's a terrible bigoted way to tell people to shut up if you don't agree with them. Pretty sure most people would be agreement lol. :mrgreen:
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    edited July 2018