Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

:( The Reviews Are Terrible! Everyone unfairly slamming Ts4

Comments

• Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    I spent more hours playing TS3 base game than with the expansions. The base game was loads of fun for me.

Also sequels mean adding onto what the previous game had. (excluding expansions of course). The missing features really were apart of many simmers play styles. But to have it stripped like that many feel like this isn't a game they can enjoy even if they tried it. Some reviews are unfair, but most are fair. EA needs to learn that they can't treat their fans like they mean nothing, and blame them when their game fails.

Fair point on Sims 3. As for the game failing, no one is blaming the fans for it considering I doubt this will even be a genuine thing - I'll be more curious to see lifetime sales numbers years down the road after all the EP, etc. is finished for 4.

YET my dear. Soon EA will say something like "Fans aren't open to change, its not our fault." or "Fans don't know what a good game is". They've done this before just to cover their 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    I spent more hours playing TS3 base game than with the expansions. The base game was loads of fun for me.

Also sequels mean adding onto what the previous game had. (excluding expansions of course). The missing features really were apart of many simmers play styles. But to have it stripped like that many feel like this isn't a game they can enjoy even if they tried it. Some reviews are unfair, but most are fair. EA needs to learn that they can't treat their fans like they mean nothing, and blame them when their game fails.

Fair point on Sims 3. As for the game failing, no one is blaming the fans for it considering I doubt this will even be a genuine thing - I'll be more curious to see lifetime sales numbers years down the road after all the EP, etc. is finished for 4.

YET my dear. Soon EA will say something like "Fans aren't open to change, its not our fault." or "Fans don't know what a good game is". They've done this before just to cover their 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

As I noted, they are not perfect but IMO, EA has transitioned a bit more into actually trying to gauge their fans instead of just lipping off at them. My major gripe with them is they are still too attached to "Milk things with DLC" but at this point, what company isn't? Even the mighty WoW has a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cash shop now >.>

If they come out blaming lackluster sales of Sims 4 (should that happen) I'll be right there with everyone else telling them to shut their mouths and fix things the way it should be.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member

Agreed, or even

"Fans just don't seem as interested in life simulation game any more, so listening to this valuable feedback we've decided to stop producing them."

kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    kovu0207 wrote: »

Agreed, or even

"Fans just don't seem as interested in life simulation game any more, so listening to this valuable feedback we've decided to stop producing them."

At that point whoever is the new CEO should literally be dragged out and beaten with various Sims merchandise till sanity returns. Or you know, stage a take-over with someone who has realistic sense.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    maccarulezmaccarulez Posts: 253 Member
    As a rule I never read reviews cause at the end of the day if I enjoy the game I will play but if I don't like the game I won't play it. This is just the base game and we still have many more addons in the coming yrs. I will enjoy this game for many months till the first expansion pack and so on. :)
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    UtaDagda wrote: »
    That's because the vocal minority are people who never played it or played it for 10 minutes and decided to go along with their crowd. The positive majority or hardcore Simmers are still in their marathon phase be cause yeah from what i know most Simmers are marathonners. We play non stop and are like pff review? Who has time for that when there are luchADOREs to be wed and Grim is at the gym just vying for our attention. ((I really do waste hours and don't even know I've played that long until I'm in deep and there goes a week oops))

lol yeah I'm still in my marathon phase. I got burnt out on FFXIV, so the game is holding my interest while I recharge :) I'm loving Sims 4, a lot more than the sims 3 that's for sure. I hope though, this game never gets a simpoints store like sims 3. That thing definitely nickeled and dimed me lol.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    Blueboy2323Blueboy2323 Posts: 179 Member
    edited September 2014
    Because criticism is warrented. The Metacritic score for this game is sitting at 72 right now - at about 7/10, that's exactly what I'd give the game. And no, I don't hate it. I've been playing the game all weekend, and I'm enjoying it! But it's still 7/10. That's not a bad thing.

In many ways, it is a step back from TS3. Sure, the buttery smooth performance and general optimisation is worth the lack of an open world, imo, but it's still, no matter how you spin it, objectively a step back from TS3's open world. The lack of 2 entire life stages, pools and with them a type of clothing, terrain deformation and a laundry list of other things are also, objectively, a step back from the other games in the franchise. The game is a life simulator, and removing or omitting features that improve the game as a life simulator should be marked down on reviews. The reviews are not terrible or unfair at all; they're just calling out this, admittedly, fun game for the problems it does have. And rightfully so.

Also, I am sick of people saying "base games are always boring!!" like it's a legitimate excuse. The base game, on it's own, should be fun. It should be a good game. Without any extra spending, expansions, DLC etc. the first game that is released and put out to the public should be a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 good one and fun enough to warrant people forking over their hard earned money for this advertised as complete product.

The expansions should then, as the name implies, EXPAND on this fun. It should add on to it and give you more to do with the already fun and meaty base experience. They SHOULD NOT be used to bring a FULL PRICE, FINISHED RETAIL GAME from "this is pretty boring" to "wow, this game is fun once you spend an extra £200 on it!". If the game sucks and is boring without any expansions, well...the game sucks and is boring. If a review says that, they're not wrong. It might be fun later on with expansion packs, but they're not reviewing it later on with expansions packs. They're reviewing it on it's own, right now.
    p3herocutin0mj8n.png
  • Options
    modernlifemodernlife Posts: 111 Member
    The thing I find funny with people assessing game (or entertainment in general) reviews is how most seem to consider anything less than a 9/10 a failure. Hell I'd call 7/10 a good score and a game worth having a look at. I'm really enjoying the the Sims 4 but I'd have a problem giving it anything more than 6 or 7/10 because doing so would imply that it is near perfect and has no where to go once the expansions start arriving. And we all know this to be untrue. I'd say the same about any of the previous Sims base games as well. Except the first maybe as it was new at the time and not known how the game would grow.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hi!
    I am a Fan not really active as a Fan but i love the Sims Franchise since the beginning.
    I can understand that may many people are frustrated or maybe even hate the Sims 4. Personally i hoped for a Open World Sims 4 but i won't keep digging here.

I am going to tell you what i am thinking about the Sims 4. I have played it now for 25h and i can't stop thinking its lacks the freedom from Sims 3, but i can live with it.
    I just will hope it will be better than Sims 2 and at 2004-2008 it was awesome. Also with Sims 4 i could see a Remake from my personal Favorite EP Pack Open for Business.

First I will share some positives !

The new comic art gives a fresh air to the Game, i really do like the new Sims they look gorgeous, i love the Sim Creation funny and easy to create and the AI are awesome, i can taking dumps while reading books yay! ;)
    I do really like the Building Tool makes it way much easier to build Houses.

What i am really frustrated about are the lack of Realsim and Details.

For a 2014 Game it lacks somehow more Details,
    like better World Desgin i would love more Shops (like a Supermarket), i feel like i am stuck in my house, i don't get the feeling to leaving it, you don't even need to leave to buy Food. Come on in Sims 3 we had it already in the Base Game.
    More Cars in detail i mean why aren't the Vehicles that pick you up for job and school coming to your house and actually pick them up, not only as a pop up Pic and then you teleported into thin air. We did had them since Sims 1.
    Vehicles are only decoration now, they pop up and vanished agian.
    Also there are no Burglars, no Police, no Firefighter. They are a must in a Sims. And since Sims 1 included.
    Small Details like after marriage i can't change the lastname of the bride/husband, i couldn't find at least the option for it.
    Babies are now objects again and can only be moved with the baskin, this is not acutal anymore.
    Small Kids/Toddler are missing ^^
    Teens have the same size/height like adults
    I am missing the CAST System, yeah i loved the create a Style and since Sims 3 a must, i know it is not easy to bring them back cause it would interfere with the new Building System.

Maxis could have made it better, they have the knowledge the stuff member and my money from the previous Sims....
    I did spend so much money for the Sims Franchise, since Sims 1 i have all the EPs and Style Packs okay almost i need to say without Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet World Pack. I was hyped about Sims 4 yeah... and bought the Premium Edition.... 80 Euro... i can only say in Euro cause i am from this part of the World.
    I never had big issues about a Sims Game. Only with Sims 3 Laggs in the Endgame with all EPs (after Into the Future Pack) and many DLCs, but i could help my self with Mods like Master Controller and Overwatch, so it wasn't impossible to play anymore.

And so i want to let them know i won't just sit here and do nothing and quitley sit out, cause for me Sims 4 is heading to a real bad direction!

Sorry about my poor English but i am from Germany and i am don't use it here that often.
    As long you understand that i am not hating Sims 4 i just want to make this Game a success for me. So that i have my sugar for my cash...

tudulu ;)
    Post edited by KrayzieStryker on
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited September 2014
    It shouldn't really matter what anybody else has to say about the game as long as you're enjoying playing it. At the end of the day you were the one who paid the money for it so regardless of whether it is receiving universal praise or being panned worldwide you think it is a good game.

I know how it feels to see a game you absolutely adore getting torn to shreds by what feels like everybody else; I went through a similar thing a few years ago with DmC because I loved the game and everybody else around me in my usual online circles was panning it for one reason or another & I'm really liking TS4 myself despite not thinking I was going to - I think a lot of people who criticise a game do have legitimate personal reasons for not liking it but when it comes to certain titles that gained a lot of public attention (for one reason or another) I also think a lot of people just go along with the crowd because it was "cool" to hate on it.

It's still their opinion but their opinion shouldn't force you to change yours.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    the sims themselves behave better except for the ape walk, but it all looks weird, the grass is totally untextured and the furniture and buildings look like they're trying to lean towards Japanese animation, which is popular, but The Sims has it's own mass market? Can't tell me people shouldn't care about the way it looks because in all Sims history since I can remember it has ALWAYS been important how it looks. Why do you need to go towards that style? Already had a massive audience with the more realistic look. The grass is horrible. A friend of mine says she can't believe nobody else has mentioned the ape walk because of how ugly it looks when a whole barfull of sims are doing it.
    The ONLY thing I like about it is it's smooth running, but all of the base games were like that without any expansions and it's probably because of the lack of detail in the textures.
    I thought other people complaining were just insecure about losing their TS3 but now I'm one of them and I only bought TS3 in January TO prepare for TS4, now I'm totally disenchanted.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    @DivinyIsFan the style is so it looks better than what it actually is. The textures etc are low quality and outdated as heck, but because of the art style it doesn't look nearly as bad as it should. An easy way to lower the hardware requirements while not making it look like a game that came out in 2004.

IMO, they done a good job. I like the new art style. It looks like a progression of The Sims 2's style more than 3's, though. (Like everything else in the game heu heu)
    p3herocutin0mj8n.png
  • Options
    AlouetteDunsmoreAlouetteDunsmore Posts: 260 Member
    I've played it and given it a fair chance. Believe me I really WANT to like it. But I don't yet. So it's back on the shelf, and I'll play Sims 3 until a couple of expansions and more CC comes out, with the possible exception of playing occasionally so I don't lose the hang of the controls. I played for 6 days straight, and when I went back to the Sims 3, tried clicking and dragging in CAS. *facedesk*
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    It's only unfair if they haven't played the game. But a lot of them have played.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    > @Blueboy2323 said:
    > DivinyIsFan the style is so it looks better than what it actually is. The textures etc are low quality and outdated as heck, but because of the art style it doesn't look nearly as bad as it should. An easy way to lower the hardware requirements while not making it look like a game that came out in 2004.
    >
    > IMO, they done a good job. I like the new art style. It looks like a progression of The Sims 2's style more than 3's, though. (Like everything else in the game heu heu)

No it's not a progression on Sims 2 because in Sims 2 the grass had blades on high graphics.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @DevinyIsFan I said it's more a progression of that style than 3's. There are still differences. :P I'm not trying to defend the game. I get that there's a wide audience for The Sims and they want as many people to be able to play it as possible, but they're completely gimping the games chance of having anything close to impressive graphics.

The grass etc is a step down in some ways. I'm not much of a graphics junkie, so I'm not too bothered, but I'm not disagreeing that there are some weak spots.
    p3herocutin0mj8n.png
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    @DevinyIsFan I said it's more a progression of that style than 3's. There are still differences. :P I'm not trying to defend the game. I get that there's a wide audience for The Sims and they want as many people to be able to play it as possible, but they're completely gimping the games chance of having anything close to impressive graphics.

The grass etc is a step down in some ways. I'm not much of a graphics junkie, so I'm not too bothered, but I'm not disagreeing that there are some weak spots.

I agree with you they could make better grass or put more details more bushes and tress and stuff.

• Options
    MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    People that have a lot of complaints about the game just tends to be more vocal. I enjoy the game and played so many hours already (not going to share how many hours because it's ridiculous lol) but I didn't do a review. I don't care for reviews anyway. It's just someone else's opinion. I don't care if they say it's a "professional" review. To me there is no such thing as a "professional" review. It's just another person with an opinion. I must say it gets really annoying when there's way too many negative posts about the same thing everyday. I understand some are valid complaints but a lot of the posts are also from people who don't know anything about the game since they haven't tried. All their information is pretty much from everybody else's opinion and experience put together. I have respect for people's opinion (who have tried the game) but annoyed with the ones who just keep speculating.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    "Unfairly" ?
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Jazr2000Jazr2000 Posts: 5 New Member
    The base game is ALWAYS boring. I had fun with it last night tho. I think it looks amazingly good and it was worth the wait BUT again that is MY opinion. I am hoping for a few improvements and more items with the 1st EP. It'll be interesting to see where they take this generation of Sims as compared to the last 3.
  • Options
    SkySky Posts: 62 Member
    > @Jazr2000 said:
    > The base game is ALWAYS boring. I had fun with it last night tho. I think it looks amazingly good and it was worth the wait BUT again that is MY opinion. I am hoping for a few improvements and more items with the 1st EP. It'll be interesting to see where they take this generation of Sims as compared to the last 3.

It amazes me that you are all ok with this. Paying full price for a shell of a game and then waiting to pay more $$ for dlc to make it worthwhile. This game should have retailed at $30, maybe 40 max, and then we pay the rest through expansions. No way is the base game worth full price.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i did not went to step in this thread but its time for a neutral post if you went in 18 20 years from now a the sims5 then stop bashing the sims4 or you can say good bye to the chances of seeing a sims5 game in 18 20 years from now
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    Or just maybe, the game really isn't all that good in the majorities eyes.

It doesn't matter what the game is supposed to be, it matters what the fan base, new and old, perceives it as.
  • Options
    TeladisTeladis Posts: 82 Member
    KramYraelo wrote: »
    Or just maybe, the game really isn't all that good in the majorities eyes.

It doesn't matter what the game is supposed to be, it matters what the fan base, new and old, perceives it as.

But it is really hard to tell that with how easily it is to abuse the metric system.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Anavastia wrote: »
    People wonder why i question the sincerity of others. You know maybe let's take a wild guess here, the people who don't like the game, don't like it because they find it to be a terrible game. God forbid people who think and feel different from you would voice their opinions. Yup just because others don't behave or feel as you they should be labeled trolls. As if there's some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 popularity contest to hate on a game. Yup what cool points can you possible earn from that i wonder. Yup you're the minority because i say you are everyone i know in my closed little circle likes the game, we're the majority and just quiet. /sarcasm

Yeah very quiet so quiet that we take the time out of playing our game to come to the forums and put down anyone that doesn't think and or feel like ourselves. Oh but im not judgemental, i'm a very nice person. No really I am, I'm very positive person. Whatever keep feeding yourself that lie.

Say what you want about us, that don't like the game, you just push us further from liking it. It shows how cowardly people really are. That you're scared that someone speaks the truth about their own feelings towards the game. If dev's want to encourage this type of bullying tactics that's fine. We don't have to say a thing because you got their money but you need the rest of ours too. I suggest you stop people from bullying your customers and potential interests in the game. As soon as the so called vocal minority (pfft) goes quiet you know very well some of your cash cow herd has left with no return.

If it doesn't bother you so much about what others say, about this so called good game, why go out your way to back bite those minority of people. Majority of you play every dirty trick in the book to discredit anyone who doesn't like what Sims 4 has developed to. Shouldn't you have confidence enough about the game. I certainly don't see it.

200.gif

excellent post!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius