Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

:( The Reviews Are Terrible! Everyone unfairly slamming Ts4

Comments

• Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    Sims 4 Is rated number 1 in Australia with 1m+ copies sold
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    edited September 2014
    ROMIRE wrote: »
    I don't believe this. Link to this source?
    Post edited by EasyToRead on
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    That has to BS since it hasn't even been a full week. Link or BS.

I posted a link last night in another thread showing that Sims 4 was listed as Number 1 World wide with copies selling out just near 1 million from retailers
  • Options

I posted a link last night in another thread showing that Sims 4 was listed as Number 1 World wide with copies selling out just near 1 million from retailers
    What other thread? Can you not post a link to this source or even the thread?
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

What other thread? Can you not post a link to this source or even the thread?

Time to start digging for me
  • Options
  • Options
    Ok I already seen that already and it only shows the rank not sale numbers. It seemed a bit too early for those. So there aren't any sale numbers. I guess you just pull the numbers out of your rear... >_>
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    @JaciJade Why did you disagree with that? It's true. He said a sale number. I thought it seem questionable early. There link doesn't have the numbers. He made the sale numbers up.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    @Easytoread I am on an iPad here and sometimes my finger is not so accurate. I am sorry if I gave you a disagree...will agree with your last post to even it out. :( my apologies.

Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    JaciJade wrote: »
    @Easytoread I am on an iPad here and sometimes my finger is not so accurate. I am sorry if I gave you a disagree...will agree with your last post to even it out. :( my apologies.

You can undo a disagree/agree, etc too Jaci :) Just re-click the disagree on the post and it'll go away.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited September 2014
    @crackseed thank you, I did not not know that.

ETA: perhaps it doesn't work from the iPad? I'm not seeing it go away. I'll jump onto the PC and see if I can fix this.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member

Where's this 1 million figure come from? the article you link to doesn't show figures. :\
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    JaciJade wrote: »
    @crackseed thank you, I did not not know that.

ETA: perhaps it doesn't work from the iPad? I'm not seeing it go away. I'll jump onto the PC and see if I can fix this.

I've had it act up for me when I browse on my iPad too so yeah, try your PC.

@kovu0207 - there's been no actual figures that I've seen posted anywhere, only the notification of it being #1 for weekly sales on the UK chart.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    Crackseed wrote: »

@kovu0207 - there's been no actual figures that I've seen posted anywhere, only the notification of it being #1 for weekly sales on the UK chart.

Thank you for clarifying, so the 1 million figure is just made up?

kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    kovu0207 wrote: »

I'm talking just from my present knowledge - I have not seen an actual "this many units moved" figure anywhere, only a few articles about Sims being #1 and the bigger revelation that its the first pure PC game to have hit #1 in a good while.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options

I'm talking just from my present knowledge - I have not seen an actual "this many units moved" figure anywhere, only a few articles about Sims being #1 and the bigger revelation that its the first pure PC game to have hit #1 in a good while.

Nods, i've seen those articles, and it's nice that it reached the top spot. I just thought perhaps i'd missed an article with actual figures, but it doesn't seem like one has been published yet, so I guess the 1 million figure is just speculation.

kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    kovu0207 wrote: »

Nods, i've seen those articles, and it's nice that it reached the top spot. I just thought perhaps i'd missed an article with actual figures, but it doesn't seem like one has been published yet, so I guess the 1 million figure is just speculation.

I would suggest at the moment it is speculation - EA hasn't released any official sales counts though we SHOULD be nearing the point where some actual figures of moved boxes/digital sales should crop up.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    TDU90 wrote: »
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    If you are having fun with it then why are you worrying about other people's reviews anyway?
    I care because I dont like the fact that the complainers are listing all of the things that are missing from ts4 but NONE of the additions when they write these scathing reviews.

Interesting, but that's a sword that cuts both ways.

I see tons of "fanboys"--and I use that word only as a direct counterpart to your term "haters"--who are only spouting rainbows and unicorn glitter whenever they give their opinion of the game. They forgive rushed, bad decisions, embrace obvious downgrades and actually justify everything and anything sub-par with the game as something that "had to be done" in order to make it "better" than TS3.

If I saw more positive reviews where people were also more balanced with their critiques I'd say you have a point but as it is both sides (Jeez, gotta love the polarized atmosphere here) are guilty of this.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member

[/quote]

[/quote]

Without a Mac version on release day I would have say the is a very high possibility.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Without a Mac version on release day I would have say the is a very high possibility.

I did suspect as much, and the poster hasn't returned with their source. So I guess, for now, we're back to still not knowing how many copies have sold. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited September 2014

mac users are a tiny percentage of sales hence why there is no mac version on launch

the game could of easily sold a million first week (sims 3 was 1.4 million first week)

• Options
    baddazoner wrote: »

mac users are a tiny percentage of sales hence why there is no mac version on launch

It's harsh to say but Mac versions really don't color the bottom line heavily from what I understand for sales points. Half the devs don't develop mac native till after PC launches anyway when sales figures already are present.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    I spent more hours playing TS3 base game than with the expansions. The base game was loads of fun for me.

Also sequels mean adding onto what the previous game had. (excluding expansions of course). The missing features really were apart of many simmers play styles. But to have it stripped like that many feel like this isn't a game they can enjoy even if they tried it. Some reviews are unfair, but most are fair. EA needs to learn that they can't treat their fans like they mean nothing, and blame them when their game fails.
  • Options
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    I spent more hours playing TS3 base game than with the expansions. The base game was loads of fun for me.

Also sequels mean adding onto what the previous game had. (excluding expansions of course). The missing features really were apart of many simmers play styles. But to have it stripped like that many feel like this isn't a game they can enjoy even if they tried it. Some reviews are unfair, but most are fair. EA needs to learn that they can't treat their fans like they mean nothing, and blame them when their game fails.

Fair point on Sims 3. As for the game failing, no one is blaming the fans for it considering I doubt this will even be a genuine thing - I'll be more curious to see lifetime sales numbers years down the road after all the EP, etc. is finished for 4.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    Of the 24 reviews on metacritic by actual critics, NONE are negative, 9 are mixed and 15 are positive. I wouldn't say everyone is slamming it. I'm not going to say what I think about the people rating it 1/10.

Outside of Vandal Online, all of the critic reviews are 80/100 or below. Not a complete waste of time, but not the scores I see associated with a groundbreaking game. This is the Sims, one of the most popular franchises in PC gaming (or maybe gaming in general), and a 72/100 composite is not flattering to it. The user reviews are either one extreme or the other, with a few in between.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg