Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

:( The Reviews Are Terrible! Everyone unfairly slamming Ts4

Comments

• Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited September 2014
    LauriApp wrote: »
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    If EA wanted people to judge this as a standalone then they shouldn't have put the number 4 in the title. It is not a standalone, it a a sequel to a 14 year old series and people rightfully have expectations of what should be included in a base game at this point. Anyway, reviews certainly could be better but they could be worse too. It seems like a pretty mixed reception which shouldn't be surprising considering how much content they cut.

If you are having fun with it then why are you worrying about other people's reviews anyway?

Well said! Why does it bother someone if the reviews are negative? I bought the game and have had fun playing it, but the amount of content cut leaves a lot to be desired. Main feature wise this is the barest base game of the series. It hasn't really introduced anything new to the franchise. Sims have had emotions before in the game. We just didn't have the big glaring letters telling you how your sim feels. In fact in previous games, sims have showed more emotion over things like birth, death and cheating partners. Sims have also multi tasked before also, just not to this extent.

As for the reviews, if they wouldn't of wasted so much time developing an online game, the game wouldn't be lacking so much and the reviews would of been better.

Off topic, I really wish they had a rolls eyes button to go along with the agrees, disagrees and what not.
    Your post is argumentative whereas mine is not. You seem more bothered than me.Anyways the sims had emotions in some small way before but now I can look on my sims faces and I see so much expression and feeling unlike in ts3 where their faces were always blank and the moodlet description was the only hint towards anything resembling emotion . The sims 4 sims also have readable body language whereas in ts3 they were stiff.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    UtaDagda wrote: »
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    That's because the vocal minority are people who never played it or played it for 10 minutes and decided to go along with their crowd. The positive majority or hardcore Simmers are still in their marathon phase be cause yeah from what i know most Simmers are marathonners. We play non stop and are like pff review? Who has time for that when there are luchADOREs to be wed and Grim is at the gym just vying for our attention. ((I really do waste hours and don't even know I've played that long until I'm in deep and there goes a week oops))
    I almost agree with everything you have to say... but you don't have to demean the people who dislike the game. There are some people who genuinely hate the game and played the game longer than 10 minutes. No need to be rude!

I think it's obvious which group of people I'm pointing out here. I didn't know I had to define it....We uh all know who "the crowd" is. They're easy to spot.
    No it isn't obvious. Maybe for you if you are so pessimistic and judgmental.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    That's because the vocal minority are people who never played it or played it for 10 minutes and decided to go along with their crowd. The positive majority or hardcore Simmers are still in their marathon phase be cause yeah from what i know most Simmers are marathonners. We play non stop and are like pff review? Who has time for that when there are luchADOREs to be wed and Grim is at the gym just vying for our attention. ((I really do waste hours and don't even know I've played that long until I'm in deep and there goes a week oops))
    I almost agree with everything you have to say... but you don't have to demean the people who dislike the game. There are some people who genuinely hate the game and played the game longer than 10 minutes. No need to be rude!

I think it's obvious which group of people I'm pointing out here. I didn't know I had to define it....We uh all know who "the crowd" is. They're easy to spot.

Huh? I'm talking a bout the crowd that's easy to spot that are making lame reviews where you can tell they haven't played the game at all but are very vocal a bout hating it or who have hated it for hate's sake even be fore the game came out and no matter if the game spat gold at them they'd still hate it just be cause it's "cool thing to do" or "it's EA". Those are the loudest people and they're easy to spot for me ((They're all over this forum too spreading lies a bout what's in and out of the game and fabricating up stuff just TO get more people to hate it))....I have no idea how that is pessimistic or judgmental but what ever you say dude. *Looks at you funny*
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member

Huh? I'm talking a bout the crowd that's easy to spot that are making lame reviews where you can tell they haven't played the game at all but are very vocal a bout hating it or who have hated it for hate's sake even be fore the game came out and no matter if the game spat gold at them they'd still hate it just be cause it's "cool thing to do" or "it's EA". Those are the loudest people and they're easy to spot for me ((They're all over this forum too spreading lies a bout what's in and out of the game and fabricating up stuff just TO get more people to hate it))....I have no idea how that is pessimistic or judgmental but what ever you say dude. *Looks at you funny*
    For some reason some in the sims community dont like to admit that this is actually a thing.There are definitely trolls and super haters reviewing.

• Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member

Those are trolls! Why are you even accounting for them? How ridiculous. I'm not even considering them..... desismileys_4333.gif
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    TDU90 wrote: »
    LauriApp wrote: »
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    If EA wanted people to judge this as a standalone then they shouldn't have put the number 4 in the title. It is not a standalone, it a a sequel to a 14 year old series and people rightfully have expectations of what should be included in a base game at this point. Anyway, reviews certainly could be better but they could be worse too. It seems like a pretty mixed reception which shouldn't be surprising considering how much content they cut.

If you are having fun with it then why are you worrying about other people's reviews anyway?

Well said! Why does it bother someone if the reviews are negative? I bought the game and have had fun playing it, but the amount of content cut leaves a lot to be desired. Main feature wise this is the barest base game of the series. It hasn't really introduced anything new to the franchise. Sims have had emotions before in the game. We just didn't have the big glaring letters telling you how your sim feels. In fact in previous games, sims have showed more emotion over things like birth, death and cheating partners. Sims have also multi tasked before also, just not to this extent.

As for the reviews, if they wouldn't of wasted so much time developing an online game, the game wouldn't be lacking so much and the reviews would of been better.

Off topic, I really wish they had a rolls eyes button to go along with the agrees, disagrees and what not.
    Your post is argumentative whereas mine is not. You seem more bothered than me.Anyways the sims had emotions in some small way before but now I can look on my sims faces and I see so much expression and feeling unlike in ts3 where their faces were always blank and the moodlet description was the only hint towards anything resembling emotion . The sims 4 sims also have readable body language whereas in ts3 they were stiff.

My intention wasn't for my post to come off as argumentative. I am sorry if it did. I was just joining in the discussion with a little debate. I suppose reading back my part about the emotions and multi tasking does sound like it could be a little argumentative. Also the question about the reviews. I think the emotions are more of an improved feature than a new feature. Sims 3 were more blank but sims 2 sims were very expressive. Though my sims 3 toddler in my Avi is showing great facial expression. :D

As for being bothered, I am certainly not bothered by reviews. If I even read them it is only for info, not someone's opinion. I am a need to try it to make my opinion person.
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited September 2014
    As many say (and i have seen many threads over and over) the forums are used to express ones opinion and feeling on the game. this also relates to the feed back it receives. whats the need in coming into a thread that does just that (this one) and being immature? if you feel that your negative feed back is legit,then say so legitly- not come in and offer insults in its place. then those same people complain that they are not allowed to be negative every where else on the planet. opinion isnt meant to trash or turn,another person. opinions are meant to be shared and talked about. i personally have seen a lot of invalid crying about the game because it has been turned into a troll tactic. its no longer a legit concern among most haters. legit concerns are acted on and done something about. not used as a tactic to start flame wars- which is what 90% of them do.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    amor1980amor1980 Posts: 38 Member
    edited September 2014

i am a hardcore simmer being with the franchise from the beginning( TS1), i played the game and do not like it , i promptly got a refund for my money , not all hardcore simmers like the game, and thats why its getting bad reviews, metacridic is at 3.8 for a reason and the reviews on amazon are horrible also.
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited September 2014
    amor1980 wrote: »

i am a hardcore simmer being with the franchise from the beginning( TS1), i played the game and do not like it , i promptly got a refund for my money , not all hardcore simmers like the game, and thats why its getting bad reviews, metacridic is at 3.8 for a reason and the reviews on amazon are horrible also.

In that state of mind (and among most people who do not like it) the game is what it is and most likely any additions to it (EP's,SP's,DLC) will not reconstruct the game in a way that you feel it should be. in other words,i wouldnt expect you or anyone else to re-buy it later down the line once only content is added. most complaints are deeper then just content. even down to the fact they just do not like the graphic style. so this will never change. im sure that the sims 3 or even 2 (depending on what you like) will do until 5 comes out...erm well..there wont be a 5 but you know what i mean :)
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I wouldn't say it's all negative... it's constructive criticism.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Anavastia wrote: »
    People wonder why i question the sincerity of others. You know maybe let's take a wild guess here, the people who don't like the game, don't like it because they find it to be a terrible game. God forbid people who think and feel different from you would voice their opinions. Yup just because others don't behave or feel as you they should be labeled trolls. As if there's some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 popularity contest to hate on a game. Yup what cool points can you possible earn from that i wonder. Yup you're the minority because i say you are everyone i know in my closed little circle likes the game, we're the majority and just quiet. /sarcasm

Yeah very quiet so quiet that we take the time out of playing our game to come to the forums and put down anyone that doesn't think and or feel like ourselves. Oh but im not judgemental, i'm a very nice person. No really I am, I'm very positive person. Whatever keep feeding yourself that lie.

Say what you want about us, that don't like the game, you just push us further from liking it. It shows how cowardly people really are. That you're scared that someone speaks the truth about their own feelings towards the game. If dev's want to encourage this type of bullying tactics that's fine. We don't have to say a thing because you got their money but you need the rest of ours too. I suggest you stop people from bullying your customers and potential interests in the game. As soon as the so called vocal minority (pfft) goes quiet you know very well some of your cash cow herd has left with no return.

If it doesn't bother you so much about what others say, about this so called good game, why go out your way to back bite those minority of people. Majority of you play every dirty trick in the book to discredit anyone who doesn't like what Sims 4 has developed to. Shouldn't you have confidence enough about the game. I certainly don't see it.

i am co-signing everything that you just said. i didnt want to be one of those people talking crap about the game and never played it, i purchsed it from orgin and had 24 hours to try it. At the first moment i tried to go through the neighborhood and the Cam stopped me from going down a street to explore and take in the views, i was almost done with the game. I didnt want to jump to conclusions, i gave it a chance. the fact that there is no open world, and a million load screens make this game horrible. i would have really given it a real try had they kept the open world concept, but taking it back to no open world, and load screens made it feel like we were back in sims 1 days. i also gave the game a bad review on Amazon because i purchased it and hated it. the only thing i like out of the whole freaken game was the roof tool. everything else was complete crap. The lots are way too small, you cant build mega structures like b4. All of the custome colors that you can pick for objects and cloths suck big time. I feel this game is a huge step backwards, im glad i never deleted sims 3 off my laptop. Also to the people saying we cant complain about this base game because no stuff packs have came out for it yet. THIS IS THE FURTHEST FROM THE TRUTH! the sims 3 base game had 20 times more stuff included with it without stuff packs. Get a clue.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited September 2014
    People wonder why i question the sincerity of others. You know maybe let's take a wild guess here, the people who don't like the game, don't like it because they find it to be a terrible game. God forbid people who think and feel different from you would voice their opinions. Yup just because others don't behave or feel as you they should be labeled trolls. As if there's some 🐸🐸🐸🐸 popularity contest to hate on a game. Yup what cool points can you possible earn from that i wonder. Yup you're the minority because i say you are everyone i know in my closed little circle likes the game, we're the majority and just quiet. /sarcasm

Yeah very quiet so quiet that we take the time out of playing our game to come to the forums and put down anyone that doesn't think and or feel like ourselves. Oh but im not judgemental, i'm a very nice person. No really I am, I'm very positive person. Whatever keep feeding yourself that lie.

Say what you want about us, that don't like the game, you just push us further from liking it. It shows how cowardly people really are. That you're scared that someone speaks the truth about their own feelings towards the game. If dev's want to encourage this type of bullying tactics that's fine. We don't have to say a thing because you got their money but you need the rest of ours too. I suggest you stop people from bullying your customers and potential interests in the game. As soon as the so called vocal minority (pfft) goes quiet you know very well some of your cash cow herd has left with no return.

If it doesn't bother you so much about what others say, about this so called good game, why go out your way to back bite those minority of people. Majority of you play every dirty trick in the book to discredit anyone who doesn't like what Sims 4 has developed to. Shouldn't you have confidence enough about the game. I certainly don't see it.

i am co-signing everything that you just said. i didnt want to be one of those people talking crap about the game and never played it, i purchsed it from orgin and had 24 hours to try it. At the first moment i tried to go through the neighborhood and the Cam stopped me from going down a street to explore and take in the views, i was almost done with the game. I didnt want to jump to conclusions, i gave it a chance. the fact that there is no open world, and a million load screens make this game horrible. i would have really given it a real try had they kept the open world concept, but taking it back to no open world, and load screens made it feel like we were back in sims 1 days. i also gave the game a bad review on Amazon because i purchased it and hated it. the only thing i like out of the whole freaken game was the roof tool. everything else was complete crap. The lots are way too small, you cant build mega structures like b4. All of the custome colors that you can pick for objects and cloths suck big time. I feel this game is a huge step backwards, im glad i never deleted sims 3 off my laptop. Also to the people saying we cant complain about this base game because no stuff packs have came out for it yet. THIS IS THE FURTHEST FROM THE TRUTH! the sims 3 base game had 20 times more stuff included with it without stuff packs. Get a clue.

This is a review that started out with "Here's what I don't like" and then you had to start talking down to people at the end.

If you don't like people telling you how to feel (and no one SHOULD tell you how to feel/if you should like it) then kindly refrain from telling people to get a clue.

Because plenty of us have a clue and to me, Sims 3 base was as sparse (if not sparser depending on what you liked) than this, even if I consider the loss of CASt a regrettable move and the open world vs segmented world is a huge point of debate.

I respect that you don't like it - telling me or anyone else to "get a clue" very nearly invalidates anything you're saying because you complain about being trampled on opinion wise and basically do it in the same breath.

Edit: Adjusted my comment on Sims 3 base as I felt saying "sparser" wasn't exactly fair.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Crackseed wrote: »

This is a review that started out with "Here's what I don't like" and then you had to start talking down to people at the end.

If you don't like people telling you how to feel (and no one SHOULD tell you how to feel/if you should like it) then kindly refrain from telling people to get a clue.

Because plenty of us have a clue and to me, Sims 3 base was sparser than this, even if I consider the loss of CASt a regrettable move and the open world vs segmented world is a huge point of debate.

I respect that you don't like it - telling me or anyone else to "get a clue" very nearly invalidates anything you're saying because you complain about being trampled on opinion wise and basically do it in the same breath.

first i wasnt the one who was complaining, and i wasnt talking to you i was talking to Anavastia. im allowed to say, get a clue, because he is saying we are unfairly rating the game. my whole argument was to show the original poster that we are not unfairly giving the game bad reviews, WE DONT LIKE THE GAME. it is lacking. this is the equivalent of Grand theft auto 5 going back to top view (the original grand theft auto)
  • Options
    blam987blam987 Posts: 462 Member
    Tbh i have no idea what those people are complaining about... I'm having more fun with this game than I did with the sims 3. Lol with more ep's I won't even remember what sims 3 was! HAHA
    oa8abb.gif
  • Options

Because plenty of us have a clue and to me, Sims 3 base was sparser than this, even if I consider the loss of CASt a regrettable move and the open world vs segmented world is a huge point of debate.

first i wasnt the one who was complaining, and i wasnt talking to you i was talking to Anavastia. im allowed to say, get a clue, because he is saying we are unfairly rating the game. my whole argument was to show the original poster that we are not unfairly giving the game bad reviews, WE DONT LIKE THE GAME. it is lacking. this is the equivalent of Grand theft auto 5 going back to top view (the original grand theft auto)

@amor1980 - for the record, I am not saying I read your post and immediately "felt" offended - but you are defending your logic by saying "Someone complained about us not liking the game so I'm complaining back!" which is just a fallacy in the whole process.

I don't think it's fair that people who have legitimate gripes/dislike the game should be attacked for it. But I also don't think throwing fire back on the pile and saying "Get a clue!" is helping you either.

Stand your ground and if someone can't bother to be respectful/polite to you in how they choose to handle your valid criticisms of a game, then is their opinion REALLY something worth considering? To me that would be no - if someone can't handle another person they don't know on the internet NOT liking something they like, then that's their problem, not yours :)
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    This all happened with TS2 to TS3.
    I saw videos of TS3 being compared to TS2 and those saying "you can't compare a new base game to a complete TS2 set with EPs" and "Don't like it, don't buy it" or any other assortment the TS4 players say to the TS3 ones. It literally is a huge mirror. So at one point, Sims 3 was the one everyone was flocking to and leaving Sims 2 for. And the Sims 2 people were the bitter ones/trolls/negative nancies, whatever your preference.

And when TS5 comes out, half will say it is awful and half will abandon Sims 4 and claim it to be a terrible game with this that or the other thing wrong with it to justify their purchase against those who dislike change. Just like before.

Funfact, some of you who are new to this all will experience this weird shift in community if you stick around to experience Sims 5, assuming there will be one. Half the people you will grow to love while playing Sims 4 will agree with you and half will be "the other guy", either scowling at you for adapting to EA's crappy new installment or scowling at you for not wanting to adapt to a new order.

And the reviews and all.

We won't get a decent picture of the game we are coming to know as The Sims 4 until half way through its completion. Right now, new and "It's not Sims 3" is what is on most player's minds. Whether or not that is good or bad really varies player to player.

Oh and this little war going on between "negatives" and "positives"? What people fail to realize is neither of you come out a winner, that's EA. They are the ones cashing in at the end.

Happy simming. I'm off to dreamland.

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    What I am sick of seeing is all of the negative feedback in regards to the things that the game wasn't going to have. Such as toddlers, pools and CASt. It was widely known long before the game was released. Going off the deep end complaining about it didn't change their minds about pushing the release date back so those things could be included. It sure isn't going to make it happen any sooner. With how bad it has gotten it wouldn't surprise me if the 80/20 theory comes into play and don't see the pools or toddlers any time soon.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options

@amor1980 - for the record, I am not saying I read your post and immediately "felt" offended - but you are defending your logic by saying "Someone complained about us not liking the game so I'm complaining back!" which is just a fallacy in the whole process.

I don't think it's fair that people who have legitimate gripes/dislike the game should be attacked for it. But I also don't think throwing fire back on the pile and saying "Get a clue!" is helping you either.

Stand your ground and if someone can't bother to be respectful/polite to you in how they choose to handle your valid criticisms of a game, then is their opinion REALLY something worth considering? To me that would be no - if someone can't handle another person they don't know on the internet NOT liking something they like, then that's their problem, not yours :)

What are you talking about, i said before i was agreeing with the other posters. Get a clue is my opinion, last time i checked i could have one. I don't care if you don't consider my opinion, i'm just speaking truth. The game is lacking too much content for the price, and that is why its getting bad reviews. The original poster makes it seam like all the people that don't like it got together and purposely gave it a bad review. No the reviews are speaking for the people who bought the game and didn't like. EA didn't want the game reviewed before it came out because they knew it would get bad reviews (hint: like its getting now) and it would hurt their pre-order sales. When the creators of the game have no faith in their own product, and people believe in that product, that is the real fallacy. The reviews speak for themselves. this a huge downgrade from the sims 3 base game. It reminds me of sims 3 on 360. complete garbage.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    What I am sick of seeing is all of the negative feedback in regards to the things that the game wasn't going to have. Such as toddlers, pools and CASt. It was widely known long before the game was released. Going off the deep end complaining about it didn't change their minds about pushing the release date back so those things could be included. It sure isn't going to make it happen any sooner. With how bad it has gotten it wouldn't surprise me if the 80/20 theory comes into play and don't see the pools or toddlers any time soon.

It's a fair point to make but sometimes the reality of how much may have been scaled back isn't always apparent till you play things too. But I do agree there is a fair amount of "AMG this is missing!" even though there were statements prior to it's launch that yes, they WERE missing/cut/coming back later somehow.

The kickback on the open world, loading screens, etc is far harder to argue against since until we actually tried it, that was a total wildcard.

It also didn't help that review copies weren't sent out in advance which means people have to wait till AFTER launch to see what critics feel and when you're chomping at the bit to buy a game the day it comes out, man that can be a total put off.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    It really doesn't matter to me how many bad reviews it gets. I enjoy playing it regardless. In the meantime I'm just going to have fun playing the game and let EA worry about the reviews. Someone on the payroll is bound to be taking notes.

Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    taxi12345taxi12345 Posts: 54 New Member
    Have been a simmer from the start and I found it hard to jump between sims 2 and sims 3. Never got into that series at all. But as a consequence I have learnt from my mistake. I haven't yet bought sims 4. I'm reading all the reviews and the comments and am taking my time.

Chances are I'll get it eventually, but I'm taking my time. Will wait for the odd expansion to have been released and for things to settle down a touch. I'm not going to do the same as last time ..... get all excited, buy it..... and then be disappointed when so much is missing.

I'm happy for both negative and positive reviews....as it'll help in my eventual decision over whether to buy or not (or when).

In the meantime I'm enjoying Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and reading all the funny comments on here.
  • Options

What are you talking about, i said before i was agreeing with the other posters. Get a clue is my opinion, last time i checked i could have one. I don't care if you don't consider my opinion, i'm just speaking truth. The game is lacking too much content for the price, and that is why its getting bad reviews. The original poster makes it seam like all the people that don't like it got together and purposely gave it a bad review. No the reviews are speaking for the people who bought the game and didn't like. EA didn't want the game reviewed before it came out because they knew it would get bad reviews (hint: like its getting now) and it would hurt their pre-order sales. When the creators of the game have no faith in their own product, and people believe in that product, that is the real fallacy. The reviews speak for themselves. this a huge downgrade from the sims 3 base game. It reminds me of sims 3 on 360. complete garbage.

I think we're communicating on different wavelengths here. I'm not saying you having an opinion is wrong - that would be preposterous. And I'm not talking about you agreeing with folks you share opinions on either.

You said some people are unfairly accusing you of disliking/rating the game low - which I agree, there's a fair bit of that going around from both sides. My whole point was I think you SHOULD feel like you can have an opinion without necessarily having to rely on biting back if someone can't respect it.

Saying "get a clue" kind of sidesteps that as it basically reinforces the whole logic of "This is what I feel and if you don't share that, you HAVE no clue what you're talking about" versus "You feel it's fine. I don't and here's why."

Does that make what I'm trying to say clearer? I'm in no way telling you that you having an opinion is bad. It's just in having it it feels like you're stepping down a level to accuse anyone who doesn't agree with the negative reviews/press as not having any idea of what they're talking about, which isn't a fair response if we're mandating that "Opinions matter for both sides" at the end of the day.

If my responses have somehow offended or I didn't make my overall intentions clear prior, then my apologies. I'm not intending to make you feel singled out in any fashion :)
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited September 2014

It's a fair point to make but sometimes the reality of how much may have been scaled back isn't always apparent till you play things too. But I do agree there is a fair amount of "AMG this is missing!" even though there were statements prior to it's launch that yes, they WERE missing/cut/coming back later somehow.

The kickback on the open world, loading screens, etc is far harder to argue against since until we actually tried it, that was a total wildcard.

It also didn't help that review copies weren't sent out in advance which means people have to wait till AFTER launch to see what critics feel and when you're chomping at the bit to buy a game the day it comes out, man that can be a total put off.

TS3 is the only one that didn't have a loading screen and with the wait for TS3 lots to load and all the objects to change from grey blobs really wasn't much different than a loading screen. I don't mind the loading screens, but mine are 5 seconds or less most of the time. We do have partial open world, but it limited to your own corner in the world. I fully understand and respect that CASt and the open world was removed due the issues many had TS3. Some of the people who are complaining about apparently never saw the video. I think it had Ryan Vaughan explaining it. I am not sure if he was the one though. I want to say him because he is the one saw the most.

I do miss CASt and hope that we do get something from EA and not rely on modders like we did with we did ts1. Yet in the same token I did see something in which it was stated that game is pre equipped for modders to do all sorts of stuff. What? It didn't say. I was hoping that it would be much easier and not go back as far as it did. )c:

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    TS3 is the only one that didn't have a loading screen and with the wait for TS3 lots to load and all the objects to change from grey blobs really wasn't much different than a loading screen. I don't mind the loading screens, but mine are 5 seconds or less most of the time.

TS3 is the only one that didn't have a loading screen and with the wait for TS3 lots to load and all the objects to change from grey blobs really wasn't much different than a loading screen. I don't mind the loading screens, but mine are 5 seconds or less most of the time. We do have partial open world, but it limited to your own corner in the world. I fully understand and respect that CASt and the open world was removed due the issues many had TS3. Some of the people who are complaining about apparently never saw the video. I think it had Ryan Vaughan explaining it. I am not sure if he was the one though. I want to say him because he is the one saw the most.

I do miss CASt and hope that we do get something from EA and not rely on modders like we did with we did ts1. Yet in the same token I did see something in which it was stated that game is pre equipped for modders to do all sorts of stuff. What? It didn't say. I was hoping that it would be much easier and not go back as far as it did. )c:

things changing from grey blobs didn't take long at all and still is much better then loading screens it was the simple fact you could just visit wherever you wanted without having to see loading screens everytime you changed venues that made the open world great

instead of improving it and ironing out the issues it had they just removed it entirely which is what a lot of people don't like and one of the many things people are bring up in negative reviews.. it's a step backwards for anyone that liked the open world which is a lot of people

i will admit that it could lag for those with lower end computers however the sims can't keep holding back on improving and innovating the game because users don't have powerful enough computers, hopefully by the time the sims 5 comes out 8gb of ram with be the average for all computers (not far off with how much hardware prices have come down recently)