Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Premium Membership coming in October? (Proof)

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    I did download store content. If a paid subscription allowed me to download store content at no additional cost, I would consider it if the price point was good and the content was, too. Would t expect EPs to be included but additional venues and neighborhoods similar to TS3 store. I think the store is too expensive right now even though I bought stuff in it. In TS2 I had a subscription to The Sims Resource for custom content. That was worth it for me but I could download anything for free with my subscription.
  • Options
    Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    I bet that is how toddlers are going to be introduced. Instead of in an expansion pack because that would be bull you've already paid for them by buying the base in which they should have been included in, they are going to make it a yearly subscription and guess what toddlers will be a dlc! Amoungst other things I am sure like pools. Maybe they are going to be doing less expansions and stuff packs and more dlcs threw a monthly subscription. Just a thought.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I bet that is how toddlers are going to be introduced.

If toddlers are not added free to everyone with Sims 4, subscription or not, I will be seriously angry
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    trueblood76trueblood76 Posts: 109 Member
    I will definitley purchase this at this discount price.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Simsvip has posted what looks like proof of the premium membership coming on October 10th! It looks like it will be $66 per year but is currently only $32! How do you feel about this? http://simsvip.com/2014/09/04/the-sims-4-premium-service-to-arrive-in-october/

15137821941_19bf343f80_z.jpg

Well, I told my husband I wanted the Sims 4 Collector's Edition. He returned from the store with that, a massive poster, the Steele series headset, mousepad, and the mouse! LOL I think I wont even need to ask him for this :D I just hope we'll get decent content.

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Julezeve wrote: »
    I'll only subscribe if the year includes free downloads to new content (like in sims 3 store) then it is worth it for the year and a reoccurring subscription.

It's not free if you paid the $66.00 fee.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    oh! it's just in time for my birthday! I've been waiting to hear about this, I will almost definitely be getting it. Because thats how I am.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    Just like Xbox Live, it all depends on what the service offers.
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    It really depends on what the subscription covers. If it is only early access and a discount on ep's then I probably won't bother. If however it includes items, ep's, neighbourhoods and so on that are premium only and you can't get them without subscription then I would subscribe. If they add a store onto this as well I don't know what I would do.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,253 Member
    edited September 2014
    The price is 50€ , so I can tell for sure it will be $50.

I think it’s same as the PayStation Plus service, it will be for a year because nobody will pay the game price each month.

Premium service = early access + cheaper DLC.

But you're not forced to subscribe, just the DLC will more expensive.
  • Options
    dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'll only subscribe if the year includes free downloads to new content (like in sims 3 store) then it is worth it for the year and a reoccurring subscription.

[thread hijack]
    @Cinebar

Could you please follow me around the forum and respond to all my posts so I can pretend David Tennant is my best friend?

[/thread hijack]
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    If it is a discount on the years content then it depends how heavily discounted it is, places like amazon are much cheaper than origin anyway so the discount would hve to be good
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    dnmartyn wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

[thread hijack]
    @Cinebar

Could you please follow me around the forum and respond to all my posts so I can pretend David Tennant is my best friend?

[/thread hijack]

LOL, I love the Doctor. Been a huge fan since Tom Baker, when I first caught it on PBS in the '70's. They are all pretty special.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    time to save up -_-
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    giallorossigiallorossi Posts: 167 Member
    I'd love to subscribe if it offers things I'd be interested in such as free DLC or discounts on expansion packs.
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    Won't be spending another penny on the sims series until the base game is brought up to scratch and we get the features and content that should have been in the base game.

Also i never bought anything from the store...waay over priced for what you got. I don't intend to start now
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    If it is going to be like The Sim Resource (TSR) was some years ago. It had different prices for one month, six months and a year. It gave you access to premium content that you didn't have to pay for again. I can't see paying a yearly price, then having to not only buy EP's plus getting early access to items to pay for even if they are on sale. Doesn't sound good to me. Has EA lost their mind?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    Oh how I hope this is true and we get that camping set with tents,hammocks and a firepit.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I just hope that what they offer is not another set of stupid hats and clown make-up...
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    We'll see what it offers. If it's actually worthwhile, I probably will.

I have BF4 premium simply because it's more cost-effective to buy that than buy each DLC one by one as it releases. Plus, you get them two weeks early.
  • Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    Nah bro I'm saving up for pokemon ruby and smash bros
  • Options
    zMightyMoosezzMightyMoosez Posts: 64 Member

Same here, also Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros Wii U+Amiibos.
    tumblr_inline_mmg7gkar3b1qz4rgp.gif
  • Options
    jeriwade1jeriwade1 Posts: 114 Member
    I spent a ton of $$ in the Sims 3 store...if it does away with that type of thing & provides me with additional content I am all for it.
  • Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member

Same here, also Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros Wii U+Amiibos.
    I'm saving up for super dangan ronpa 2 and some other ps vita game