May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Premium Membership coming in October? (Proof)

Simsvip has posted what looks like proof of the premium membership coming on October 10th! It looks like it will be $66 per year but is currently only $32! How do you feel about this? http://simsvip.com/2014/09/04/the-sims-4-premium-service-to-arrive-in-october/

15137821941_19bf343f80_z.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I feel like I won't be subscribing because I'm broke. The last of my money is being saved for Pokémon ORAS.

And EA is really trying squeeze every cent out of their players.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    reni344reni344 Posts: 362 Member
    It depends what would be included in premium membership 32 for a year wouldn't be bad if we got like discounts on expansions and some free store content.
  • Options
    Waterninja11Waterninja11 Posts: 65 Member
    I wont be subscribing unless it really entices me....
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    reni344 wrote: »
    It depends what would be included in premium membership 32 for a year wouldn't be bad if we got like discounts on expansions and some free store content.

I think the membership only gives you access to early content and store content not expansion pack discounts
  • Options
    reni344reni344 Posts: 362 Member
    reni344 wrote: »

I think the membership only gives you access to early content and store content not expansion pack discounts

That is still a pretty good deal considering how expensive store content can be.
  • Options
    KShannonKShannon Posts: 223 Member
    I'm only willing to pay "membership" for MMOs. And rarely even then.
  • Options
    Paneth48Paneth48 Posts: 134 Member
    per year might not be so bad really. I know I spend more than that just on junk food in a month. Depends on what you would actually get. If its like "a chair and a table" a month or some such nonsense I would just say screw it. early access won't entice me, as with most things it would be you paying them to find the bugs (like most mmos do).
  • Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    I'd rather stick to just buying EP's. How many items do you think the store would have initially?
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    Depending on what they offer it could be a really awful deal or a really good one. Way I see it as, it's this game's version of a season pass, you pay up front for content you have no idea the level of competency that went into making it. I'm still marred by Borderlands 2's awful season pass to seriously consider such an investment into the unknown.

If everything in the store was sims 4 quality I'd be alright with it, but I can't help but be a bit apprehensive.
  • Options
    Paneth48Paneth48 Posts: 134 Member
    > @Luke said:
    > I'd rather stick to just buying EP's. How many items do you think the store would have initially?

If it was anything like when Sims 3 launched..well the other half of the game.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    That depends on what they will be offering. If they are offering all store content, EPs and SPs for that, then I think the price is reasonable provided it is yearly and not monthly.

If that price is just for contents but not EPs and SPs then I doubt that will be attractive but again that will depend how frequently they will be providing stuff.

All the above will depend on whether I like or dislike the game once I play it this weekend.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    naanaatalinaanaatali Posts: 76 Member
    edited September 2014
    Because if we know anything about EA, it's that they're really concerned with giving their customers the best deal for their money!

/sarcasm

Really though, I don't see EA approving this unless they believed they could pump their consumer base for even more money than they were before with store objects. I am intensely skeptical about this move, especially considering how much was missing in the sims 4 base game.

And really, what's the point of getting objects early in a one-player game?
  • Options
    almondalmond Posts: 153 Member
    Nah not interested. There are already enough ways to spend cash on the game.... (well I know there will be)
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    For me, it all depends on what the membership includes.

If it is JUST early access, then no way. Not worth it.

But if it includes a discount on store content it will be worth it to anyone who buys a lot of store content.

We'll just have to wait and see.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    As others have said, it depends on what's going to be covered for that premium membership. I've pretty much already decided that I'm only going to buy Store content that adds to game play -- for example additional skill building items or some sort of new crafting item, like we had the Chemistry Set with Generations where you could make special potions including the Young Again potion that was normally only available as an LTR. If we could get some of the rewards store items through something like a Chemistry Set, I'd get that in a heartbeat. I'm not all that interested in additional clothes unless I get really bored with the in-game choices. I might get furniture like an extra comfy couch or a really nice jetted tub that has high hygiene plus helps get rid of tension.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    temestemes Posts: 175 Member
    I'm not against the idea, if the content is interesting and price is right.
  • Options
    JulezeveJulezeve Posts: 14 New Member
    I'll only subscribe if the year includes free downloads to new content (like in sims 3 store) then it is worth it for the year and a reoccurring subscription.
  • Options
    naanaatali wrote: »
    Because if we know anything about EA, it's that they're really concerned with giving their customers the best deal for their money!<br />
    <br />
    /sarcasm<br />
    <br />
    Really though, I don't see EA approving this unless they believed they could pump their consumer base for even more money than they were before with store objects. I am intensely skeptical about this move, especially considering how much was missing in the sims 4 base game. <br />
    <br />
    And really, what's the point of getting objects early in a one-player game?

It'd be great for streamers, bloggers and YouTubers to generate free hype and show premium-less players what objects are coming up next.

I'm alright with that, I just don't know if I'd ever pay for it.

That said, does anyone even know how long that placeholder has been on this one French website? What if we're not even getting a store and that entry has been there months already or something?
  • Options
    carlywycherleycarlywycherley Posts: 568 Member
    Depends what I get.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Nope nope nope nopity nope. If I can't buy the ep's and sp's separately then EA we need to talk.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    Let the cash cow commence!
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    AiHaou wrote: »
    Nope nope nope nopity nope. If I can't buy the ep's and sp's separately then EA we need to talk.

That's simply not going to happen. That would be the dumbest business decision ever. They're EA remember, they want to make sure they give everybody the opportunity to buy all their stuff. :p
  • Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited September 2014
    keyb0x wrote: »
    AiHaou wrote: »

That's simply not going to happen. That would be the dumbest business decision ever. They're EA remember, they want to make sure they give everybody the opportunity to buy all their stuff. :p

I really hope that is the case!
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    I'd rather they just sell season passes for content/EPs really similar to what Borderlands 2 did. Membership for a single player game is so...dicey and blargh IMO :\
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    DrGorillaDrGorilla Posts: 253 Member
    If the subscription means pretty much everything for the year, depending on the volume they plan and announce, I'll buy into it for the convenience of only needing to make one payment or transaction instead of a whole lot of micro-ones.

I will have to see the offerings first before making a decision, though.